Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,203 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Amy Winehouse Is Dead - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Amy Winehouse Is Dead (27637 Views)

Shocking: Amy Winehouse Performing On Drugs. / Amy Winehouse Booed After 'disaster' Performance (video) / Amy Winehouse - The Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by coogar: 8:00pm On Jul 23, 2011
Sagamite:

I will never have pity for any adult that suffers the most likely faith of a bad activity they freely and voluntary decide to get involved in. More so one that has happened to their peers over and over again.

To me, GOOD RIDDANCE. The world is becoming over populated, if there are those volunteering their space without being forced, I will take it with gratitude.

And I do have a functioning heart. wink

She can go to bleeping hell for all I care (which is virtually zilt).

this is drugs we are talking about - most times, they wanna get off it but they just can't. the money is there to keep feeding the habits. . . .then her whole lifestyle is revolved around partying, clubbing, shows, more drinks, more drugs, hotel lobbies. it's not as easy as you think - initially, she wasn't forced to use drugs but after a while, she would be helpless even when she didn't want to continue using it.

you need to see them when rehabilitating - they become cold turkeys.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by uonyekwere(m): 8:00pm On Jul 23, 2011
This is very sad news indeed. What is also sad is that it is not uncommon for the early deaths of these celebrities to be drug related.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by owo2390(m): 8:00pm On Jul 23, 2011
It's in bad taste to speak badly of the dead. They are not here to defend themselves.

And she didn't do anything to warrant all this assaults on her character.

And you @sagamite, are just plain asinine.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 23, 2011
kadman:

It's all good. Davidylan is a known renowned . He did worse when Busayo Awomolo died,  challenging anyone who mourned the guy. In trying not to seem like a hypocrite he's becoming a silly cliche.  I don't know where vermins like him crawl out from whenever there is news like this  undecided

hmmm for starters drop words you cant use efficiently in a sentence.

Secondly, i yawn each time i come across threads like this with the predictable, overly rehearsed claims of "sorrow". Those who are truly bereaved know how to channel their feelings. They dont come up here hyperventilating over someone they barely knew. The Bawomolo thread hit harder home . . . 99% of those on the thread were not there to extend their unwanted "sympathy" (many didnt even care for him when he was on here anyway) . . .

the dead is the dead . . . and we will all get there someday. Nothing special. Enough with the vomit-inducing hypocrisy.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by claremont(m): 8:01pm On Jul 23, 2011
kadman:

It's all good. Davidylan is a known renowned . He did worse when Busayo Awomolo died,  challenging anyone who mourned the guy. In trying not to seem like a hypocrite he's becoming a silly cliche.  I don't know where vermins like him crawl out from whenever there is news like this  undecided
Oh really?! I was about to challenge some of his vituperations on this issue, but I saw this your statement and thought otherwise. No need wasting my time with people without a modicum of logical reasoning in them.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by phreakabit(m): 8:01pm On Jul 23, 2011
owo2390:

Don't speak ill of the dead.

She made some bad choices. Everyone does. And if you don't have anything nice to say just keep quiet.

Very true, by now she go dey hell dey provoke for all these comments. BTW, do you wish your daughter grow up to be like her? If not then keep quite! She was a BAD role model, one the world can do without honestly, besides its not like she died of a natural cause or something unpredictable. She threw away the gift of life.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 8:04pm On Jul 23, 2011
owo2390:

It's in bad taste to speak badly of the dead. They are not here to defend themselves.

And she didn't do anything to warrant all this assaults on her character.

And you @sagamite, are just plain asinine.

You are reetarded!

So we should not judge Hitler because "he is not here to defend himself"? It is bad taste to speak badly of him?

E ma ma wo awon cretin yi o! (Dey look this cretin o)

Stop giving me the crap moral code you have been fed without question, foool.

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4BrwiRQNwo[/flash]
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by BABE3: 8:04pm On Jul 23, 2011
davidylan:

my response is based on the fact that for many of you, this isnt an issue of empathy but just wanting to look like you too know who the individual is. Its all fake. Enough with the "omg my weekend is ruined" nonsense. You claim to be so sad and YET have enough time to be composed, even "lolling" while posting away?

Oga, I don't really care about your feelings--how you feel. If you think I'm being fake--cool beans. I could care less. I don't a flying 4uck. Yes, I "lol'd"- but No, I'm not actually laughing behind my screen. The "lols" are to mitigate the "situation".

davidylan:

With regard to "acting "stupiid"? I've been here long enough to brush off such childish nonsense from shallow individuals with nothing to offer beyond insulting cliches.

Sorry o, Oga Veteran. Yes, you were trying too hard to look like an "id1ot". I have a functioning heart doesn't mean I'm gonna be sad over the death of every individual on the planet.

Plus pull the shoulder pads off your shoulders and relax abeg. You started this--now you're up on your high horse trying to feed me with "experience" BullSh1t. Common PARK well jo! Who gave you valet ticket sef? ---Feeling funky.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 23, 2011
claremont:

Oh really?! I was about to challenge some of his vituperations on this issue, but I saw this your statement and thought otherwise. No need wasting my time with people without a modicum of logical reasoning in them.

Herein lies a bit of the problem. Someone comes here to "mourn" loudly the passing of another irresponsible drug-addled dope and automatically assumes he is "reasoning logically"? Seriously? Was that meant as a joke?

I mean . . . you claim she made a "mark" on the planet and we havent . . . seriously? Because she holds a mike and sings on stage? What of the policeman on your street corner? Do you mourn him too when he dies despite being a responsible family man raising 3 great kids on less than 1% of what Amy Winehouse earns in a day?

that is "logical reasoning" to you? Stay off drugs dude.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by denzel2009: 8:06pm On Jul 23, 2011
I knew I missed one of them. . .reetarded.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by kadman(m): 8:06pm On Jul 23, 2011
claremont:

Don't bother yourself. The last time a Nairaland member died, he did the same thing - practiced his stupidity, and got the thread shut down / locked.

How does it affect his morning if one person is sad over someone else's demise ? His macho attitude is probably compensating other areas he's lacking.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 23, 2011
kadman:

Don't bother yourself. The last time a Nairaland member died, he did the same thing - practiced his stupidity, and got the thread shut down / locked.

How does it affect his morning if one person is sad over someone else's demise ? His macho attitude is probably compensating other areas he's lacking.

probably best. Let the family mourn in peace. I dont see any of you planning to quit the forum in his memory yet right? You're all back here giggling away and posting in the romance/sexuality threads . . . so much for the false tears.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 8:08pm On Jul 23, 2011
denzel2009:

I knew I missed one of them. . .reetarded.

grin grin grin
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by coogar: 8:09pm On Jul 23, 2011
phreakabit:

Very true, by now she go dey hell dey provoke for all these comments. BTW, do you wish your daughter grow up to be like her? If not then keep quite! [b]She was a BAD role model, [/b]one the world can do without honestly, besides its not like she died of a natural cause or something unpredictable. She threw away the gift of life.

this is naivety!

she was just who she wanted to be - she never asked to be anyone's role model. she's an artiste, a human being like you. was fela a good role model to you? michael jackson? d'banj? etc. if i become a celebrity tomorrow, will i ask to be anyone's role model? if you need role models, use john newton, faraday, einstein or avogadro!
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by BABE3: 8:10pm On Jul 23, 2011
Sagamite:

I will never have pity for any adult that suffers the most likely faith of a bad activity they freely and voluntary decide to get involved in. More so one that has happened to their peers over and over again.

To me, GOOD RIDDANCE. The world is becoming over populated, if there are those volunteering their space without being forced, I will take it with gratitude.

And I do have a functioning heart. wink

She can go to bleeping hell for all I care (which is virtually zilt).

Aight darl. Whatever rocks your (rickety) boat.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by kadman(m): 8:10pm On Jul 23, 2011
davidylan:

probably best. Let the family mourn in peace. I dont see any of you planning to quit the forum in his memory yet right? You're all back here giggling away and posting in the romance/sexuality threads . . . so much for the false tears.

At least be comforted in the knowledge that when you eventually gas yourself, there won't be a tribute page, anyone mourning e.t.c e.t.c
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 23, 2011
kadman:

At least be comforted in the knowledge that when you eventually gas yourself, there won't be a tribute page, anyone mourning e.t.c e.t.c

As long as my kids get the best in life, i'd rest much better than knowing kadman is somewhere repeating his sickening meaningless cliches. Like the dead read a jot of what you type.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by BABE3: 8:13pm On Jul 23, 2011
kadman:

It's all good. Davidylan is a known renowned . He did worse when Busayo Awomolo died,  challenging anyone who mourned the guy. In trying not to seem like a hypocrite he's becoming a silly cliche.  I don't know where vermins like him crawl out from whenever there is news like this  undecided

Oh I see! No wonder. If I knew the dude Veteran had "history"--I would have ignored his a$$, 
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 23, 2011
BABE!:

Oh I see! No wonder. If I knew the dude Veteran had "history"--I would have ignored his a$$, 

I thought all these ridiculous infants were too busy mourning to notice anything. Yet again more proof that the fake "omg how sad" drivel is nothing but a "notice me too" attempt.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by denzel2009: 8:15pm On Jul 23, 2011
Why why why must every thread turn to these virtual fights? is it a general problem or Nigerian problem?
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by manny4life(m): 8:19pm On Jul 23, 2011
Very unfortunate about people on here who are glad about other someone else demise; because someone mad bad choices doesn't warrant for people to me unnecessarily mean tryna act all macho, if u know u have no sin in you, cast the first stone, anyway RIP Ms. Winehouse though I did not like you or your music either.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 23, 2011
I thought all these ridiculous infants were too busy mourning to notice anything. Yet again more proof that the fake "omg how sad" drivel is nothing but a "notice me too" attempt.

I"m entertained.
I like it when u push peoples buttons. . . grin
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by kadman(m): 8:21pm On Jul 23, 2011
denzel2009:

Why why why must every thread turn to these virtual fights? is it a general problem or Nigerian problem?

Nah, it's a general thing. I'm on an american music forum, and the same is going down. It's prob even worse.

manny4life:

Very unfortunate about people on here who are glad about other someone else demise; because someone mad bad choices doesn't warrant for people to me unnecessarily mean tryna act all macho, if u know u have no sin in you, cast the first stone,  anyway RIP Ms. Winehouse though I did not like you or your music either.

Damn. Hard but at least you truthful.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Yinkay: 8:23pm On Jul 23, 2011
Like Ike Turner,Judy Garland,Corbaine,Cyndy Lauper, Michael Jackson,Dagrin, now Amy,(
Many others omitted unintentionally) predestination can never be changed, so don't rush to judge.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by coogar: 8:24pm On Jul 23, 2011
BlueDiva:

I"m entertained.
I like it when u push peoples buttons. . . grin

bluedivaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by kadman(m): 8:25pm On Jul 23, 2011
Yinkay:

Like Ike Turner,Judy Garland,Corbaine,Cyndy Lauper, Michael Jackson,Dagrin, now Amy,(
Many others omitted unintentionally) predestination can never be changed, so don't rush to judge.

I know the grief is affecting you this fine evening. But Cyndi Lauper is VERY much alive  wink
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by claremont(m): 8:27pm On Jul 23, 2011
davidylan:

As long as my kids get the best in life, i'd rest much better than knowing kadman is somewhere repeating his sickening meaningless cliches. Like the dead read a jot of what you type.
What a selfish and sad human being you are, hope your self-centred attitude takes you far in the rat race called life!
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 23, 2011
claremont:

What a selfish human being you are, hope your self-centred attitude takes you far in the rat race called life!

Trust me, its taken me quite far . . . and its getting even better so thanks for the "concern".

Secondly, if it is selfish to work hard so MY KIDS can have the best in life . . . i feel sorry for your own kids.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 8:31pm On Jul 23, 2011
manny4life:

Very unfortunate about people on here who are glad about other someone else demise; because someone mad bad choices doesn't warrant for people to me unnecessarily mean tryna act all macho, if u know u have no sin in you, cast the first stone,  anyway RIP Ms. Winehouse though I did not like you or your music either.

Pastor, I have sinned! (Whatever the concept of sin is) undecided

But I am reasonable with my sins. I take care and do not do silly things that can affect me in a negative way.

If anyone is willing to engage in activities they know is bad for them, they know it has destroyed many lives and they know it can destroy theirs, GOOD RIDDANCE. I have no pity!

Say no to drugs!

I do! It is not rocket science. I don't know what is there to gain.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by phreakabit(m): 8:32pm On Jul 23, 2011
coogar:

this is naivety!

she was just who she wanted to be - she never asked to be anyone's role model. she's an artiste, a human being like you. was fela a good role model to you? michael jackson? d'banj? etc. if i become a celebrity tomorrow, will i ask to be anyone's role model? if you need role models, use john newton, faraday, einstein or avogadro!

Read and understand! My statement asked "do you wish your daughter grow up to be like her?". What does that entail? The power of the media should not be underestimated. It is an extremely powerful tool that plays a huge role in the way kids turn out to be in future. As for the question you asked, that't true but remember Chris brown lost the teen choice awards "simply" because he hit scratched Rihanna.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by BABE3: 8:33pm On Jul 23, 2011
davidylan:

Old man, Shut shut shut shut Shut shut shut shUt shut The 4UCK UP!( I know that doesn't help---coz you're still going to type the nonsense you want to type).

And how in the 4uck ----or rather, who the french do you think you are to tell me how to mourn?!

Oga I'm enjoying this o---that's why I'm replying you. It's a very very effective way of mourning---"letting my anger out on immature wannabe doofus". If you ain't tired, lets go there! I dey house for you kampe! I can do this all day! Amy is dead--I'm on a self-imposed house arrest.   tongue how about that?

And pls stop spitting your "infancy" nonsense---

Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by coogar: 8:33pm On Jul 23, 2011
Sagamite:

Pastor, I have sinned! (Whatever the concept of sin is) undecided

But I am reasonable with my sins. I take care and do not do silly things that can affect me in a negative way.

If anyone is willing to engage in activities they know is bad for them, they know it has destroyed many lives and they know it can destroy theirs, GOOD RIDDANCE. I have no pity!

Say no to drugs!

I do! It is not rocket science. I don't know what is their to gain.

you don't drink?
you don't s[i]h[/i]ag?
you don't drive?

do you know the statistics of the number of people that have died because of these 3 activities?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) / Mr P Releases 'The Prodigal' Album / Naira Marley ‘LOL’ EP Tracklist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.