Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,662 members, 7,820,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Amy Winehouse Is Dead - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Amy Winehouse Is Dead (27647 Views)

Shocking: Amy Winehouse Performing On Drugs. / Amy Winehouse Booed After 'disaster' Performance (video) / Amy Winehouse - The Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Abuloma80(f): 11:22pm On Jul 23, 2011
How sad? What a waste? She tried at certain times to get rehabilitated from her addiction.

Unfortunately most of these times she relapsed, common with these hard stuffs.

No matter how hard they try to get out of it, they most of the time relapse, so the best is

to never to attempt them. Drugs are destructive in totality. One get destroyed in this world

and even hereafter cos it never allows one to do good deeds that will earn them paradise.

Destructive in totality, never start cos hard or impossible to stop. May God help us!!  
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nnenna1(f): 11:23pm On Jul 23, 2011
OMG, what a pity. cry
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by BABE3: 11:25pm On Jul 23, 2011
Sagamite:

I wonder if it is a disease that make you put cocaine up your nose the first few times or irresponsible choices.

Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing with me? Anyways---

The term "Addiction--drug addiction" can be termed as a disease. We all know that inhaling/injecting drugs into your body in excess, is bad -- this infers that the result of the excess dosage is a/are diseases. Therefore, addiction is a disease. Plus, it's a  "psychological disease" --- that's why rehabs were invented.

I said it was 20% choice, because an individual indirectly chooses to get addicted.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jul 23, 2011
Sagamite:

E pe le, eyin omo church.

I will never have pity for people that destroy their own lives. Good Riddance.

If you want to live, you will not be risking your life in a stewpid way.

The world is becoming overpopulated, resources are finite and limited. Thank you Amy for volunteering your share.
you seem angry?  
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by BABE3: 11:29pm On Jul 23, 2011
eldee:

For celebrities that are exposed day and night to these things, and the pressure you get from being choked by today's media . . . all these things with the fact that she was already a troubled person before the drugs just make it almost unavoidable.

So, it's a disease because it's unavoidable? Interesting twist. I strongly disagree with you though. Drugs are very unavoidable---there're other ways to escape your misery other than doing drugs.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by eldee(m): 11:33pm On Jul 23, 2011
Sagamite:

So it was a choice, not a disease?

Because my understanding of disease is an involuntary malfunctioning, breakdown or disorder of a bodily organ?

Someone forgot to tell you that drug dependence is almost always linked to many other involuntary factors like depression and stress.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by SuperT(m): 11:37pm On Jul 23, 2011
That what Drug can do. Run for your dear life. Its destroyed.

That will served as a lesson to others.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 11:40pm On Jul 23, 2011
ibkaye:

you seem angry?  

Can't stand people without brains.

eldee:

Someone forgot to tell you that drug dependence is almost always linked to many other involuntary factors like depression and stress.

Almost always? I think not.

First off, we need to backtrack and differentiate between drug taking and drug dependency. The latter follows the former.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Seun(m): 11:40pm On Jul 23, 2011
Super T:

That what Drug can do. Run for your dear life. Its destroyed.

That will served as a lesson to others.

It's not the first, and it won't  be the last.  Hollywood has a serious drug problem and something should be done.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Pafuri(m): 11:46pm On Jul 23, 2011
Why the phuk should I care?
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by coogar: 11:49pm On Jul 23, 2011
Sagamite:

They have the choice not to.
And if they do and it fcks them up, fck them. Am I suppose to have pity?

if they don't need to, they would not use it. i am willing to bet all these celebrities use drugs. the usage just varies from person to person.

If you use hard drugs everyday, you will be addicted!
How come we are not addicted to food?

i disagree. my boss uses marijuana quite frequently and he is not addicted. he can go months without it if he wants to.

Food is addictive is really a silly argument.

it's not. there are various eating disorders - read it up.

Because more people take alcohol? Isn't it?
the ratio not the actual number of deaths.

Is it addictive or not?
It is not like everything in life. It is addictive and it harms you and you do not need it. That is not how everything in life is.
What the fck don't you get in that?

which is why i said 99%. besides, the fact that some things are addictive does not mean every user will be addicted to them.

Aspirin is used to relieve pain! It is not recreational?

just letting you know you can also take some drugs for purely medicinal purposes and still die if overused. your argument is taking drugs is irresponsible and i am saying it's not. the quantity taken is the determinant whether its responsible or not. commercial adverts now say "drink responsibly" - they do not say "don't drink". there's a line between responsibility and irresponsibility.

Yep!
Some of us get on very fine without it.
It is not as irresponsible as those that take crack. It is milder irresponsibility.

the fact that some of youse get on without it does not mean everyone else would. this is point you cannot see.
besides, there's nothing called milder irresponsibility. that is clutching at straws. one is either responsible or irresponsible. no one can sit on the fence in that sphere of life.

THEY . . . . DO . . . . . NOT . . . . . NEED . . . . . IT!

why are they taking it if they don't need it. have you walked in their shoes?

Don't go back to comparing driving to taking crack. That is moronic.

a certain degree of risk is involved in both activities. it does not matter whether the purpose of that activity is positive or negative as long as both of them are capable of killing.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jul 23, 2011
At least this is one problem the poor can never have. They cant afford the drugs in the first place.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by coogar: 11:53pm On Jul 23, 2011
davidylan:

At least this is one problem the poor can never have. They cant afford the drugs in the first place.

says who? they commit crime to feed their habits. car-jacking, robbery, etc.

Seun:

It's not the first, and it won't  be the last.  Hollywood has a serious drug problem and something should be done.

hollywood? you make me laugh.
the whole western world has a drug problem particularly united kingdom and united states. they cannot cope with the epidemic.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by eldee(m): 11:53pm On Jul 23, 2011
Sagamite:

Almost always? I think not.

First off, we need to backtrack and differentiate between drug taking and drug dependency. The latter follows the former.

I know you feel the need to just talk . . . but I won't sit here and talk for hours.

I said addiction is a disease and you're here giving me B.S about backtrack. . . you thought I meant taking paracetamol once a year or what?
Let's all use our brains and avoid the baseless B.S . . . it makes life easier for everyone.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by toyemz(f): 11:54pm On Jul 23, 2011
OMG

just heard the news
im still in shock!!

This is one talented voice that i  will always love

May her troubled soul rest in peace

such a waste

I am beyound sad
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by eldee(m): 11:54pm On Jul 23, 2011
davidylan:

I'm sorry but this is a daft thing to say.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 12:02am On Jul 24, 2011
that's so sad. undecided

may God truly rest her soul because she was truly troubled here on Earth.

I am appalled at a few members on this thread making light of this situation.
Shame on you and [size=28pt]fck off.[/size]

There are millions of ppl battling with substance abuse/alcoholism and there is nothing
funny about it. It is unfortunate that someone with so much promise passed away as a result
but at least she is now 'out of her misery'. Hopefully people will wise up and realize alcoholism is
not for fun but rather a cry for help. Like the azzholes on this thread, the critics spent more time
cracking jokes than finding solutions.

R.I.P. Amy Winehouse. cry
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 12:15am On Jul 24, 2011
BABE!:

Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing with me? Anyways---

The term "Addiction--drug addiction" can be termed as a disease. We all know that inhaling/injecting drugs into your body in excess, is bad -- this infers that the result of the excess dosage is a/are diseases. Therefore, addiction is a disease. Plus, it's a  "psychological disease" --- that's why rehabs were invented.

I said it was 20% choice, because an individual indirectly chooses to get addicted.

I am agreeing with you. Taking drugs is a choice , not a disease.

eldee:

I know you feel the need to just talk . . . but I won't sit here and talk for hours.

I said addiction is a disease and you're here giving me B.S about backtrack. . . you thought I meant taking paracetamol once a year or what?
Let's all use our brains and avoid the baseless B.S . . . it makes life easier for everyone.

Well, you can't get addicted to something you don't take, can you?

It is a choice to take something you know will harm you, isn't it?

Let's use our brains to think like that before we try and lamely absorb people of fault.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 12:20am On Jul 24, 2011
eldee:

I'm sorry but this is a daft thing to say.

and the reason would be? Or you just felt the need to be insulting? Because you perhaps assume it makes you appear smart?

The statement was made tongue-in-cheek. A lot of black-on-black crime has more to do with the poor who kill or rib to maintain dependence on a drug of abuse.

sorry i may not be as smart as you but you shld be able to spot sarcasm when you see one.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by coogar: 12:25am On Jul 24, 2011
Sagamite:

Let's use our brains to think like that before we try and lamely absorb people of fault.

the users do not take drugs deliberately to get addicted, they take it to "feel cool"
lack of self-control leads them to addiction. after the addiction, some of them want to quit - they do everything to quit but they cannot!
these people are helpless. you think they continue because they are stubborn but that is not true.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 12:30am On Jul 24, 2011
coogar:

if they don't need to, they would not use it. i am willing to bet all these celebrities use drugs. the usage just varies from person to person.

Utter rubbish!

So people need drugs to perform. Utter clunking rubbish!

Drugs aid them in performing, they do not need it.

coogar:

i disagree. my boss uses marijuana quite frequently and he is not addicted. he can go months without it if he wants to.

Rubbish! If he uses it frequently as in everyday, he will be most likely addicted.

Stop fighting science!

coogar:

it's not. there are various eating disorders - read it up.

Stop chatting rubbish!

A disorder is an addiction?

Really?

coogar:

the ratio not the actual number of deaths.

Put your figures down.

Back it up!

coogar:

which is why i said 99%. besides, the fact that some things are addictive does not mean every user will be addicted to them.

Get it in your head: 99% of everything in life is not harmful, addictive and needed.

You were WRONG!

coogar:

just letting you know you can also take some drugs for purely medicinal purposes and still die if overused. your argument is taking drugs is irresponsible and i am saying it's not. the quantity taken is the determinant whether its responsible or not. commercial adverts now say "drink responsibly" - they do not say "don't drink". there's a line between responsibility and irresponsibility.

And so?

So you are using what is needed for medicinal reasons to justify what is taken for recreational reason? That is purely asinine! I can't be diplomatic about that.

coogar:

the fact that some of youse get on without it does not mean everyone else would. this is point you cannot see.
besides, there's nothing called milder irresponsibility. that is clutching at straws. one is either responsible or irresponsible. no one can sit on the fence in that sphere of life.

Your argument gets more moronically ridiculous?

People can not get on without alcohol?

Fck me! That is extremely reetarded argument.

coogar:

why are they taking it if they don't need it. have you walked in their shoes?

I don't need to walk in the shoe of ediots to know when they are being ediots.

coogar:

a certain degree of risk is involved in both activities. it does not matter whether the purpose of that activity is positive or negative as long as both of them are capable of killing.

What a mooronic argument!

Using driving to justify drug taking.

Reetard!
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 12:32am On Jul 24, 2011
coogar:

the users do not take drugs deliberately to get addicted, they take it to "feel cool"
lack of self-control leads them to addiction. after the addiction, some of them want to quit - they do everything to quit but they cannot!
these people are helpless. you think they continue because they are stubborn but that is not true.

I thought your daft arse said they took it because they needed it?
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by eldee(m): 12:32am On Jul 24, 2011
Sagamite:

Let's use our brains to think like that before we try and absorb people of fault lamely.

See how using your brain before typing feels?? You should try it more often.

Anyway, many people have done drugs at one point or the other, from alcohol to Coke, to even legal highs. The difference me doing Mcat/Alcohol/Tobacco/Coke today and never trying it again and someone that gets addicted to it are factors that are usually not in our control. (Social, environmental, biological. . . etc)

This is common sense . . . if I need to explain this on a public forum that's supposed to have intelligent young people from Nigeria, then I cry for the future of my country.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 12:37am On Jul 24, 2011
eldee:

See how using your brain before typing feels?? You should try it more often.

Anyway, many people have done drugs at one point or the other, from alcohol to Coke, to even legal highs. The difference me doing Mcat/Alcohol/Tobacco/Coke today and never trying it again and someone that gets addicted to it are factors that are usually not in our control. (Social, environmental, biological. . . etc)

This is common sense . . . if I need to explain this on a public forum that's supposed to have intelligent young people from Nigeria, then I cry for the future of my country.

You are a mooron!

How is everything  you said a "disease" as you claimed?

So it is a choice to take drugs and if you don't "try" it then you can not get addicted?

And anyone that "tries" it and gets addicted only have themselves to blame and not your moronic excuse of claiming a disease? They were irresponsible?
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by dinggle: 12:41am On Jul 24, 2011
What should we do?
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by coogar: 12:57am On Jul 24, 2011
Sagamite:

Utter rubbish!

So people need drugs to perform. Utter clunking rubbish!

Drugs aid them in performing, they do not need it.

you are beginning to sound like an illiterate now. why seek the aid if they do not need it.
does it not occur to you these people cannot cope with the pressure they cop from their jobs, the media, etc?

Rubbish! If he uses it frequently as in everyday, he will be most likely addicted.

you obviously don't know the meaning of self-control. some people take it when they get in the mood. if they party everyday for a month, they will take drugs. but, if there's no party mood for months, they will not get the urge and get along well without it. some people are wired like that.

Stop fighting science!
Stop chatting rubbish!

science cannot prove everything empirically. i am not fighting science, i am imposing common sense.

A disorder is an addiction?
Really?

of course. . . . .surprised you have never heard of bulimia nervosa and you are talking about fighting science. . . .
grab a book and read!!!

Put your figures down.
Back it up!

do i need to back this up?
you want to compare alcohol related diseases to drugs related diseases?
i give up on you - this is at best laughable.

Get it in your head: 99% of everything in life is not harmful, addictive and needed.
You were WRONG!

if there's no need for them, people won't get involved with it.
stop debating like an illiterate. if there's no demand, there wouldn't be a supply.
this is economics.

So you are using what is needed for medicinal reasons to justify what is taken for recreational reason? That is purely asinine! I can't be diplomatic about that.

now your illiteracy shines through. cocaine, heroin, etc are also medicinal.
matter of fact, these same drugs are prescribed to the addicts during detoxing.

Your argument gets more moronically ridiculous?
People can not get on without alcohol?

what makes someone alcoholic? have you ever walked in the shoes of these people to know what they feel like?

Fck me! That is extremely reetarded argument.
I don't need to walk in the shoe of ediots to know when they are being ediots.

the best brains and the best talents in this world have used drugs. they are not ediots like you claim. one on one, these people will beat you hands down in an iq test. they take the drugs because they need to.

Using driving to justify drug taking.
Reetard!

everyone's need is different and using the words "reetard, moroonic, etc" will not advance your points one jot. you just keep barking without biting and if you can open your mouth and say food is not addictive then i suggest you burn your degree certificates and start all over again.
people have sued mcdonalds and other food joints for their addiction and you are claiming food cannot be addictive. you need help!

Sagamite:

I thought your daft arse said they took it because they needed it?

this is the 3rd time of me telling you is a bit of both. they often do it to feel cool and sometimes it's because they need it.
are you dyslexic?
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by redsun(m): 1:00am On Jul 24, 2011
The troubled soul is at rest.I am just her music video right now,she is not dead,only fools die.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by eldee(m): 1:02am On Jul 24, 2011
Sagamite:

You are a mooron!

How is everything  you said a "disease" as you claimed?

So it is a choice to take drugs and if you don't "try" it then you can not get addicted?

And anyone that "tries" it and gets addicted only have themselves to blame and not your moronic excuse of disease?

You've switched it off again . . . repeating yourself won't help you.

Okay, I've tried alcohol/tobacco a few times, I'm not addicted . . . another person tries it the same amount of times and get hooked.
Now we both made the choice to try it, but he didn't decide to get hooked. . . that's the difference.
Why did he get hooked, these goes way beyond just choice.

Coogar used an example of over-the-counter drugs, we all take them, but some get addicted, why?? They felt like destroying their liver??
There's enough medical research to show that addiction is when the brain has been affected.

You can attempt to trivialise it as much as you want, that's your choice . . . let's just hope is your cultural/religious ideologies at work and not just you on a normal day.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by coogar: 1:08am On Jul 24, 2011
eldee:

You've switched it off again . . . repeating yourself won't help you.

Okay, I've tried alcohol/tobacco a few times, I'm not addicted . . . another person tries it the same amount of times and get hooked.
Now we both made the choice to try it, but he didn't decide to get hooked. . . that's the difference.
Why did he get hooked, these goes way beyond just choice.

Coogar used an example of over-the-counter drugs, we all take them, but some get addicted, why?? They felt like destroying their liver??
There's enough medical research to show that addiction is when the brain has been affected.

You can attempt to trivialise it as much as you want, that's your choice . . . let's just hope is your cultural/religious ideologies at work and not just you on a normal day.

sagamite is either too lunkheaded to understand or he's just on a wind-up(because he fears he has lost the argument).
not everyone that uses drugs get addicted to it. the ones who get addicted never wanted to get addicted. they lost control and got addicted.
they are helpless. all of them want to get rid of the addiction but most of them cannot.

jeeez, you might need an axe to pierce sagamite's cranium and put knowledge in there. heath ledger got addicted to sleeping pills and died as a result. should we blame him in the first place for taking medicinal drugs? is he irresponsible for taking sleeping pills? sagamite claims high iq and he thinks anyone taking any drug is irresponsible cos it can harm/kill them? at this rate i am not sure sagamite's iq is higher than the length of his nose in centimetres.

nucca just dey misyarn!
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by redsun(m): 1:19am On Jul 24, 2011
This same way that geezers(saga) wishes gay dead,same way he wishes helpless junkies,driven to the extreme by the occasion of life.He thinks like a neanderthal,straight up.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Kunbee: 1:27am On Jul 24, 2011
One of those things
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Dclique(m): 2:03am On Jul 24, 2011
The 'Age 27' curse of rockstars who make deals with the devil caught up with her. Shikena!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) / Mr P Releases 'The Prodigal' Album / Naira Marley ‘LOL’ EP Tracklist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.