Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,009 members, 7,814,442 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (678061 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (529) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tallvictor23: 11:02pm On Oct 31, 2022
Okeyogwo:
Hello guys, please I need some clarification on this question. Is the Lagos embassy still attending to applicants or are they also shut down like Abuja?
I want to request for Emergency appointment, are they still approving that for lagos embassy applicants ?

Lagos consulate is still operating . Emergency appointment is 50/50 , they might and they might not
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kennethprior(m): 11:03pm On Oct 31, 2022
Good day all, please I need your assistance here as one University (Clark University Worcester Massachusetts) in the United States offered me admission and they are requesting I should pay five hundred dollars for enrollment fee where application fee was 175 dollars but was waived at the early stage of the application. I got the offer 30th of October and was asked to make the payment before 4th of November using transfer mate.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tallvictor23: 11:09pm On Oct 31, 2022
febishola20:
I’m scheduled for interview soon, I have my elder brother, a green card holder in the US as my sponsor with enough money on his bank statement, I hope this is not a red flag? I’m sorry if the question sounds stupid because I’ve read transcripts here where people are denied based on their siblings currently in the US

For me o , I will say don’t lie , he’s your brother , it won’t make sense if you lie and it comes out later that you lied . Your brother is in the u.s , just say it , at the end of the day these embassy stuff is Just Grace . They approve a lot who have relatives in the USA, they also refuse . So don’t lie , it’s not worth it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tallvictor23: 11:11pm On Oct 31, 2022
Kennethprior:
Good day all, please I need your assistance here as one University (Clark University Worcester Massachusetts) in the United States offered me admission and they are requesting I should pay five hundred dollars for enrollment fee where application fee was 175 dollars but was waived at the early stage of the application. I got the offer 30th of October and was asked to make the payment before 4th of November using transfer mate.

I don’t know if this helps , but check the schools website and be sure they actually charge students for enrollment .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by CuteBC: 11:21pm On Oct 31, 2022
Thank you very much
Tallvictor23:

If you have a gt bank account you can do it with your bank app , or you can go to gt bank and they will put you through. Check YouTube and google also , they’ll guide you too
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tallvictor23: 11:31pm On Oct 31, 2022
CuteBC:
Thank you very much

Your welcome

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by febishola20: 12:27am On Nov 01, 2022
Tallvictor23:

Thanks for your reply bro, I’m not lying about the, the thing is that he’s my sponsor, just want to know if that’s not a red flag?

For me o , I will say don’t lie , he’s your brother , it won’t make sense if you lie and it comes out later that you lied . Your brother is in the u.s , just say it , at the end of the day these embassy stuff is Just Grace . They approve a lot who have relatives in the USA, they also refuse . So don’t lie , it’s not worth it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chekz169: 5:56am On Nov 01, 2022
chisomebube:
Please someone experienced should kindly advice me on what to do please please please

I applied for emergency appointment this earlier October and was denied and my program is starting on 10th January so I guessed is because its more than the 60 days requirement for the application, so right now application for emergency appointment is no longer showing in my portal.
My question is , is it possible to apply for emergency appointment twice?
Will I still have the opportunity to apply once is within 60 days to the start of my program.
Or should I fill another DS-160 form then pay for another visa fee and re-apply?

Please advice me on way forward thanks in advance

You can re-apply for emergency appointment multiple times.. inasmuch as it still appears on your appointment portal
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Temitope261(f): 12:03pm On Nov 01, 2022
Is it advisable to include traveling date on Ds160?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Temitope261(f): 12:59pm On Nov 01, 2022
Temitope261:
Someone should please respond?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by olufemiojeyemi: 4:44pm On Nov 01, 2022
Temitope261:

Someone should please respond?

Unless you’ve already booked a flight ticket, don’t select yes where it asks “Have you made specific travel plans?” in the Travel tab of the ds-160 form. Then next, select an intended date you plan to leave.

Overall, just be truthful, cause you never know to what extent they’ll check you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Guruindahouse(m): 11:20am On Nov 02, 2022
Ok, i got it. I can say that getting funding anywhere in the world is extremely difficult these days.
samhardy:
She didn't get funding sha

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OkonkwoHenry: 11:36am On Nov 02, 2022
Please assist with these answers, I need a more concrete answer to add up to what I know

Program : MBA data Analytics

VO :Do you have a study leave
ME : ?

VO :How do you know about these school
ME :?

VO :Why these course

VO :what will you be doing after your study

PLEASE ASSIST
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OkonkwoHenry: 11:39am On Nov 02, 2022
Please assist with these answers, I need a more concrete answer to add up to what I know

PLEASE ASSIST With Answer
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by CreativeWeb(m): 1:52pm On Nov 02, 2022
OkonkwoHenry:

No. You have to provide your own answers first, then we can help you improve on your answers. You know yourself and your situation better than anyone here.

11 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OkonkwoHenry: 4:34pm On Nov 02, 2022
CreativeWeb:

No. You have to provide your own answers first, then we can help you improve on your answers. You know yourself and your situation better than anyone here.

Okay thanks but please can you send me your contact?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jonjohnson: 8:04pm On Nov 02, 2022
Asking this for my sister,
Please suggests schools for MBA, Human Resource Management for funding and test waiver option
B. Sc Agicultural Economics and Extension
CGPA 4.25/5
5 years working experience.

Thank you,.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jonjohnson: 8:04pm On Nov 02, 2022
Asking this for my sister,
Please suggests schools for MBA, Human Resource Management for funding and test waiver option
B. Sc Agricultural Economics and Extension
CGPA 4.25/5
5 years working experience.

Thank you,.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by LettieM: 8:56pm On Nov 02, 2022
Hello, good evening. Please I’d like to ask, how many times are you allowed to reschedule your interview on the cgi?? Because I was denied EA so I’ve been hunting dates like a wolf lol so I just got a closer date and I decided to take it so I was wondering how many chances do I get until I can’t reschedule anymore.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Shayboy: 10:47pm On Nov 02, 2022
I was wondering that, won’t it be an issue that I’m still in a University in Nigeria and I want to move to studying in the US. Hope this won’t be a problem. Would I not be asked why I’m moving to the US when I still have a degree to settle ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by VictorUSA(m): 1:59am On Nov 03, 2022
OkonkwoHenry:

I can help with a mock interview.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by seansifo(m): 6:42am On Nov 03, 2022
Of course. I would advice you search for YouTube videos on how to fill ds160 and make sure you don't submit until your ds160 has been reviewed by others.

The ds160 is a very important form; please don't mess it up because anything you entered will for ever be on record

All the best

Temitope261:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Najdorf: 8:19am On Nov 03, 2022
Shayboy:
I was wondering that, won’t it be an issue that I’m still in a University in Nigeria and I want to move to studying in the US. Hope this won’t be a problem. Would I not be asked why I’m moving to the US when I still have a degree to settle ?
Why not just get your degree first?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Shayboy: 5:13pm On Nov 03, 2022
Najdorf:

Why not just get your degree first?
Does it mean that it will be a problem?

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (529) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.