Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,273 members, 7,836,226 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (703912 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (542) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Shayboy: 5:13pm On Nov 03, 2022
Najdorf:

Why not just get your degree first?
Does it mean that it will be a problem? I
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Shayboy: 5:15pm On Nov 03, 2022
Najdorf:

Why not just get your degree first?
I don’t want to wait, is this a problem?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Najdorf: 7:23pm On Nov 03, 2022
Shayboy:
I don’t want to wait, is this a problem?
Ok, are you currently doing your Masters or Bachelors?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by punchyy(f): 7:52pm On Nov 03, 2022
Please who has gotten admission decision for Prairie view A&M uni yet, for spring2023.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 7:53pm On Nov 03, 2022
Hi,

A friendly reminder that Rice University is offering doctoral application fee waivers for the Fall 2023 admission term to ALL eligible domestic and international students.

This waiver opportunity will close on Nov. 6, 2022 at 10:59 p.m. CST. Eligibility requirements are here; if you have reviewed the requirements and determined that you are eligible, please complete this form to receive your waiver, or start your application now!

Additionally, Rice is waiving the GRE requirement for most programs for 2023 admission. Start your application now!

If you have questions about how to start the application process or want to talk to someone about a specific program of interest, consider joining one of our upcoming program-specific Coffee Chats! Simply click on a date below to register for the session that's right for you (all times in Central Time).

Program Date
Ph.D. Program in Applied Physics Nov. 9, noon
Ph.D. Program in BioSciences Nov. 3, 4 p.m.
Ph.D. Program in Political Science Nov. 15, noon

Then, connect with us through one of our monthly drop-in coffee chats! To learn more and register, click here - or meet up with us at another event this fall! And, don't forget to check out our other resources on how to apply, our FAQ, and our guide for International Students.

Coffee Chats with Rice Students Other events:
Thursday, Nov. 10: 7 a.m., noon, 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov. 16: 7 a.m., noon, 7 p.m.
ABRCMS, Nov. 9-12
Webinar: EducationUSA Venezuela, Nov. 17

Apply now at gradapply.rice.edu! Want to receive deadline reminders via text? Update your information here! Remember, deadlines vary by program, so plan accordingly.

*doctoral application fee waivers are not available for Jones School of Business programs.

RICE UNIVERSITY | 6100 MAIN ST. | HOUSTON, TX 77005

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Shayboy: 10:26pm On Nov 03, 2022
Najdorf:

Ok, are you currently doing your Masters or Bachelors?
I am currently doing my Bachelors
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by SpatialKing(m): 11:52pm On Nov 03, 2022
I just admission offer from the University of New Mexico with full Teaching Assistant position.

Please what's the next necessary steps to take
I need your guidance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by hammed71(m): 8:34am On Nov 04, 2022
SpatialKing:
I just admission offer from the University of New Mexico with full Teaching Assistant position.

Please what's the next necessary steps to take
I need your guidance.
for fall 2023?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 9:29am On Nov 04, 2022
"Admission decisions are based upon all application materials. Successful applicants generally have a GPA of 3.00 or better. A strong science background in a prospective applicant's undergraduate work is recommended."

Please OGs in the building, follow me psychoanalyse this people. Are they low-key telling me that I can't get in with my 2.81 (Wes evaluated), even though their stated requirement is 2.75?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by SpatialKing(m): 10:01am On Nov 04, 2022
hammed71:
for fall 2023?
Spring 2023
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by SpatialKing(m): 10:02am On Nov 04, 2022
Dreamsss:
"Admission decisions are based upon all application materials. Successful applicants generally have a GPA of 3.00 or better. A strong science background in a prospective applicant's undergraduate work is recommended."

Please OGs in the building, follow me psychoanalyse this people. Are they low-key telling me that I can't get in with my 2.81 (Wes evaluated), even though their stated requirement is 2.75?

I was admitted with 2.98/5.0
I didn't evaluate on WES

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 10:14am On Nov 04, 2022
SpatialKing:

I was admitted with 2.98/5.0
I didn't evaluate on WES

Perhaps a WES evaluation would've pushed your score beyond the 3 points mark and they knew that? My worry is that they are threatening me,even though I meet the requirement...God de.

Big congrats to you brother and by God's grace, I will come and share the same kind of testimony. Did you have an interview, before you were granted funding at your school? Which kain kweshion dem ask?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Najdorf: 11:28am On Nov 04, 2022
Shayboy:
I am currently doing my Bachelors
That means you would be a transfer applicant.

Now the next question becomes does your family have the complete funds to support your education or do you plan on relying on scholarships/grants?

This question is important because most scholarships/need-based aid at the undergraduate level is given to students coming in for first year(freshmen) i.e people just coming in from high school. In other words, be very prepared to receive no funding from the school

If money is not a problem, then I'm sure you'll find many schools that accept international transfer applicants since they love intl students who can pay the full bill.

I don't know much about the process for transfer applicants to give you more specific advice unfortunately.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by punchyy(f): 12:50pm On Nov 04, 2022
Please who has gotten admission at Prairie view A&M University (or knows someone) for spring 2023 ( masters program). I need an information.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Bonike89(f): 3:20pm On Nov 04, 2022
Hello all, I would like to connect with anyone that intends to write the LSAT soon or anyone presently in law school in America. Please reply under this
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by KimberleyNl: 7:36pm On Nov 04, 2022
Hello everyone. Please I need schools to apply that can grant me application waiver. Kindly share if you have. Please help a brother
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by febishola20: 11:10pm On Nov 04, 2022
I omitted my middle name on my visa interview schedule, hope this is not a problem?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 11:22pm On Nov 04, 2022
I've come again. Guys please I'm confused about something. Do I pay for the very first Wes recipient I choose with my own hand (before completion of evaluation), after myself that's been chosen by default to receive a mailed report?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nobody: 11:30pm On Nov 04, 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kingsley10000: 8:43am On Nov 05, 2022
Ball State University sent me admission letter.
Do you know of any external scholarship for undergraduate program?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Charlyboy56: 10:56am On Nov 05, 2022
Try Missouri southern university
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Charlyboy56: 10:58am On Nov 05, 2022
Try Missouri southern state university
KimberleyNl:
Hello everyone. Please I need schools to apply that can grant me application waiver. Kindly share if you have. Please help a brother

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by KimberleyNl: 1:12pm On Nov 05, 2022
I want to submit an application to ball state University and I was asked to mention the information session TOPIC name I attended and the date the session was held. Abeg please do you have an idea or the topic and the date?
Please does anyone have answers to this?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by KimberleyNl: 1:12pm On Nov 05, 2022
Thanks boss
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sammie241: 2:41pm On Nov 05, 2022
KimberleyNl:
I want to submit an application to ball state University and I was asked to mention the information session TOPIC name I attended and the date the session was held. Abeg please do you have an idea or the topic and the date?
Please does anyone have answers to this?
It’s the virtual meeting /online information session you had with them…if you had any.
I think it’s the prerequisite for app fee waiver
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by KimberleyNl: 7:27pm On Nov 05, 2022
That the problem. I had no virtual meeting with them, and I really need the application fee waiver
sammie241:

It’s the virtual meeting /online information session you had with them…if you had any.
I think it’s the prerequisite for app fee waiver

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (542) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

Viewing this topic: oluxmondd2, Jboyossai(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.