Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,705 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (676059 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (528) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Terry27: 5:33pm On Nov 10, 2022
I just admission offer from the University of New Mexico with full Teaching Assistant position.

Please what's the next necessary steps to take
I need your guidance. [/quote]

• If you get an offer of admission, you will be sent the form named I-20.
• Pay visa fee (67,200) on GTBank.
• Pay Sevis fee of $350.
• Fill out DS-160,
• Schedule an interview.
• Attend the interview.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by edimalo(m): 5:48pm On Nov 10, 2022
Had a previous USA visit visa refusal. Can't remember the exact appointment date. Is there a way to request the details from USCIS / US immigration. What can I do.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by VictorDivine: 5:51pm On Nov 10, 2022
chibertha:
yes Nigeria has 3 legal marriages Customary marriage aka traditional marriage Islamic Marriage and Marriage under the act aka court marriage

Thanks ma'am.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Terry27: 6:04pm On Nov 10, 2022
Hey guys,
I know most of us are desperate for closer appointment dates at the US embassy. I encourage everyone to tread carefully so you don’t get swindled by those promising you closer dates for “a token”. It's easy to fall victim to scammers when you desperately want something. I’ve seen people on this platform get scammed by those promising them closer dates so please be careful and be smart in your dealings. Don’t let desperation becloud your judgment.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Viccy99: 6:21pm On Nov 10, 2022
Good afternoon family, please I need your advice. I applied for Masters program at Morgan State University in the United state, I've received the signed form I-20, I've also paid the Visa Fee and SEVIS FEE as well.

But the issue I'm faced with right now is getting an early Visa appointment date. I've applied for the EMERGENCY APPOINTMENT DATE by picking AUGUST 2023. My school is resuming 18th JANUARY 2023.

Please kindly assist me and advise me on what to do in order for me to get an early date for my Visa appointment date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by okpanachil: 6:21pm On Nov 10, 2022
Hello Guys,
Anyone with admission to TSU (Texas Southern University)?
Kindly reach out.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by SpatialKing(m): 6:52pm On Nov 10, 2022
brighttech95:

Okay, so i have written one
Would be kind enough to help me review it??
Sure, I will gladly review
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by SpatialKing(m): 6:54pm On Nov 10, 2022
Viccy99:
Good afternoon family, please I need your advice. I applied for Masters program at Morgan State University in the United state, I've received the signed form I-20, I've also paid the Visa Fee and SEVIS FEE as well.

But the issue I'm faced with right now is getting an early Visa appointment date. I've applied for the EMERGENCY APPOINTMENT DATE by picking AUGUST 2023. My school is resuming 18th JANUARY 2023.

Please kindly assist me and advise me on what to do in order for me to get an early date for my Visa appointment date.

Same challenge I'm facing oh
My school is resuming January 11th.
I don't know what to do now
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by SpatialKing(m): 6:54pm On Nov 10, 2022
Seyimek91:
Gud eve i need assistant to get an appointment date for interview am supposed to resumed apsu for spring admission by Jan 12 And the date I got was 7th September 2023. Pls is there group to add join for update on change of date appointment .
Please add me too
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 8:07pm On Nov 10, 2022
They are not closed see mail from the below

Security Alert: U.S. Embassy Abuja (October 23, 2022)

Event:  There is an elevated risk of terror attacks in Nigeria, specifically in Abuja. Targets may include, but are not limited to, government buildings, places of worship, schools, markets, shopping malls, hotels, bars, restaurants, athletic gatherings, transport terminals, law enforcement facilities, and international organizations. The U.S. Embassy will offer reduced services until further notice.

Actions to Take: 

Avoid all non-essential travel or movement.
Stay alert.
Avoid crowds.
Review your personal security plans and keep your cell phone charged in case of emergency.
Carry proper identification.
Assistance:

U.S. Embassy Abuja, Nigeria

Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area

+234 (9) 461-4328 and after hours +234 (9) 461-4000 press zero

AbujaACS@state.gov

U.S. Consulate General Lagos

2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island

+234 (1) 460-3400 during business hours and after-hours

LagosACS@state.gov

State Department – Consular Affairs

888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444 

Nigeria Country Information

@justwise come do the needful to this person.

Towbbyruth:

Hi poster, note that the US embassy in Abuja is closed at the moment, which means that you have to re print a new DS-160 form for an appointment in Lagos. However, I can help you with that and emergency appointment in Lagos for a token. Contact me on 09150875715. Regards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 8:08pm On Nov 10, 2022
Don't mind that person.

lifeofgolden1:

Dear Sir/Ma. Kindly stop these things you are doing in this group. What's with the token request in all your response? Are you here to merchandise or assist?

To all, kindly beware of such people. We've seen their type and the end result is not always good.

@Justwise.....Bros, abeg treat this guy.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by brighttech95(m): 8:28pm On Nov 10, 2022
SpatialKing:

Sure, I will gladly review

How do i get in touch with you?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by realogk: 10:25pm On Nov 10, 2022
chibertha:
They are not closed see mail from the below

Security Alert: U.S. Embassy Abuja (October 23, 2022)

Event:  There is an elevated risk of terror attacks in Nigeria, specifically in Abuja. Targets may include, but are not limited to, government buildings, places of worship, schools, markets, shopping malls, hotels, bars, restaurants, athletic gatherings, transport terminals, law enforcement facilities, and international organizations. The U.S. Embassy will offer reduced services until further notice.

Actions to Take: 

Avoid all non-essential travel or movement.
Stay alert.
Avoid crowds.
Review your personal security plans and keep your cell phone charged in case of emergency.
Carry proper identification.
Assistance:

U.S. Embassy Abuja, Nigeria

Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area

+234 (9) 461-4328 and after hours +234 (9) 461-4000 press zero

AbujaACS@state.gov

U.S. Consulate General Lagos

2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island

+234 (1) 460-3400 during business hours and after-hours

LagosACS@state.gov

State Department – Consular Affairs

888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444 

Nigeria Country Information

@justwise come do the needful to this person.

make the guy chop na grin
Now you don spoil him parole.

Alot of funny personalities on this thread.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by realogk: 10:30pm On Nov 10, 2022
Terry27:
I just admission offer from the University of New Mexico with full Teaching Assistant position.

Please what's the next necessary steps to take
I need your guidance.

• If you get an offer of admission, you will be sent the form named I-20.
• Pay visa fee (67,200) on GTBank.
• Pay Sevis fee of $350.
• Fill out DS-160,
• Schedule an interview.
Attend the interview.

You guys no go Injure me with laughter.

No nau, no attend na grin

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by olutex: 1:08am On Nov 11, 2022
Hi, I'll like to apply as well but I don't know how to go about it can you put me through please
princess4310:
Please goodevening, please who’s going to Emerson college boston? I would love to connect
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ondinebae: 1:31am On Nov 11, 2022
SpatialKing:

Yes is Msc
Yes I submitted

What’s the update? Have you applied? What date did they give you. I’m just trying to apply so I’m looking if i should go ahead
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by JoshHardy: 1:31am On Nov 11, 2022
Defer your admission and chill, simple. No let anybody decieve you and say you can get an appointment before January. You drop money for any of those scammers just wave bye.

To all that have their resumption on January, that's my own advice.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by SpatialKing(m): 5:25am On Nov 11, 2022
Ondinebae:

What’s the update? Have you applied? What date did they give you. I’m just trying to apply so I’m looking if i should go ahead
I have paid for SEVIS fee
My passport is expiring next year February
So I just applied for renewal
When is renewed
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by SpatialKing(m): 5:26am On Nov 11, 2022
JoshHardy:
Defer your admission and chill, simple. No let anybody decieve you and say you can get an appointment before January. You drop money for any of those scammers just wave bye.

To all that have their resumption on January, that's my own advice.
It won't be easy for those with full scholarship
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by LettieM: 5:42am On Nov 11, 2022
Good morning fam, I’d like to answer a few questions based on my small knowledge o, yes, Abuja embassy is non - functional at the moment, due to the high risk terror alert, a lot of interviews that were scheduled in November and the December have been cancelled. If you scheduled your interview in Abuja I’d advise that you have a little bit of patience and pray, no rush go Lagos , plenty people I know that even have agents have run to Lagos to book their interview, there’s no space sef so just kpomkpi, the situation here is getting better by the grace of God. Please don’t apply for emergency appointment yet, they will deny you o. Coz I was denied tooo due to the fact that they can’t conduct any interviews at this time. So please be patient and PRAY! Have a great day � Ps; visa fee is 70,400 and you can pay on the gtbank app easy. Ehn you can also hunt for dates like me, but you can only check three times at an interval of six hours or else your cgi account will be restricted for 72hours and you can only reschedule your interview four times or else you will be restricted for 90 days so please tread carefully. Hunt date first and calm down, new dates are popping up almost everyday but please be careful. T for tainkss

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by femredhead: 7:33am On Nov 11, 2022
Viccy99:

Please,does Morgan State University require academic records evaluation from WES for Graduate studies?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by norriswood(m): 2:40pm On Nov 11, 2022
SpatialKing:
Please I just received my i20 and admission from the university of New Mexico..I have paid for my Sevis fee
My program starts January 11, 2023.
Please how can I get an early visa interview date?
......please can we chat privately....having the same issue with my boy app
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Emmaonyeo: 9:49pm On Nov 11, 2022
[quote author=donperlado post=118276582] yes thank you very much , I really appreciate

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (528) (Reply)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

Viewing this topic: OyoTunjiUSA(m), linsa01(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.