Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,686 members, 7,823,934 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (690447 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (535) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by damilola1978: 3:10pm On Nov 15, 2022
bebeto2014:

My name is mark, I was denied america visa 3 times 2008 twice and 2015, but since 7 years now I base in Mozambique and all my business is there and I have resident permit, I was to apply for America again using same conference I used in my last application, please can I said no I have not been denied america visa in the form, do you think is right? Also what can i present on the interview day....?

bro don't lie on your application form, they have your records, giving false information is misrepresentation, meaning you could even get banned.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by doyindeda(m): 4:09pm On Nov 15, 2022
I'm in a tough situation and need assistance choosing.

I've worked with my EMPLOYER for 2 years, and he's willing to act as my sponsor and offer an affidavit of support for me (as requested by the school where I got admission). He is willing to do the same as my UNCLE because of the relationship we have.

Which do you think I should choose—employer or uncle (given that I'll be selecting the same choice for my visa application/interview)?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 5:08pm On Nov 15, 2022
greetings how are you all doing
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 5:10pm On Nov 15, 2022
You can renew your passport from May 2023
Mine will expire in Dec 2022 but I paid for renewal in July 2022 and got an appointment for capturing in Sept 2022
my passport got to me Oct 2022

I used the consulate in Atlanta, Georgia

My Visa expires in April 2023 so does my current I 20
SINCE I AMSWITHING TO OPT OR A HIGHER DEGREE I AM GOOD

I will use my new passport to apply for the above.

Your visa expiring does not affect your stay here on F1 as long as you are still in status

You need to renew your passport first before renewing your visa

mvem:
Hello everyone

I am in the US with an F1 visa and my passport expires October 2023. I would want someone to explain this 6 months validity for passport renewal. My visa expires May 2023 next year and I am still considered to be in status as far as I don't leave the US beyond that date or else I need to renew my visa

And the 6 months validity of my passport ends after April next year. Can I renew visa beyond April next year or I need to renew my passport first before renewing the Visa ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 5:13pm On Nov 15, 2022
asking this kind of question here is unwise.
you do not know who is who

doyindeda:
I'm in a tough situation and need assistance choosing.
I've worked with my EMPLOYER for 2 years, and he's willing to act as my sponsor and offer an affidavit of support for me (as requested by the school where I got admission). He is willing to do the same as my UNCLE because of the relationship we have.

Which do you think I should choose—employer or uncle (given that I'll be selecting the same choice for my visa application/interview)?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by UNOcrown: 6:27pm On Nov 15, 2022
NozinoGroup:

Hello,

Was the offer you got fully funded?

Not funded at all.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tehilla23: 7:41pm On Nov 15, 2022
UNOcrown:

I was also faced with the same option when I was applying for spring 2023.
So what I did is that, I mentioned my MASTERS degree Programme I’m currently running on my C.V as in view, but all transcript was from my 1st degree.
Importantly, out of the 3 references, 1 was from my first degree and 2 from the masters am currently running, I will advise you that, make sure a Prof write a recommendation letter for you.
Out of the 4schools that I applied to, 3 schools has already given me admission.

Thanks.

Thank you so much,can I call or message you for further assistance please,I really need your help.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by uist: 8:19pm On Nov 15, 2022
Good morning all,

My brother visa appointment is coming up second week of December, he just got another offer letter from Penn state University.

Is it possible to quickly change and submit another visa application form for Penn State University and use their I-20? His preferred school was Penn State University, but the admission process was long to process before he got offered last week Friday

He was previously offered admission in another school, and he used the school I-20 to fill the visa application form, but he haven't pay for SEVIS fee.
Can we fill up another visa application form and use Penn State University I-20? Please advise.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by bebeto2014: 8:23pm On Nov 15, 2022
damilola1978:

bro don't lie on your application form, they have your records, giving false information is misrepresentation, meaning you could even get banned.
thanks bro last time I apply I have Dubai visa, ivory coast, and malaw visa, but I lost the last passport , but the new one I have Mozambique resident permit, south Africa visa almost 5 times, and also a Guyana valid visa, do you think I stand a chance?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Demonicide(f): 11:31pm On Nov 15, 2022
Can someone please help me out with the link of TOEFL PAST QUESTION.

And also, i will like to study in the US, what are my chances of securing admission with a Bsc in Political science ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Oluwathoyin: 12:23am On Nov 16, 2022
Tallvictor23:

Lagos consulate is still open , I don’t know of Abuja , yes there are dates , but it’s in 2023 . You’ll have to hunt for dates lol , and when the start to your program is close you apply for emergency. Hopefully you get a date this year .
Thank you Victor
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by damilola1978: 12:56am On Nov 16, 2022
bebeto2014:
thanks bro last time I apply I have Dubai visa, ivory coast, and malaw visa, but I lost the last passport , but the new one I have Mozambique resident permit, south Africa visa almost 5 times, and also a Guyana valid visa, do you think I stand a chance?
just be truthful, provide them your accurate travel history, try to have a cogent reason for why you want to visit and why you will not overstay or why you will return to wherever you're coming from. Everyone stands a chance as long as no information is falsified
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Boyco: 1:09am On Nov 16, 2022
Kennethprior:

Boyco please should I use bank rate or aboki rate to calculate it because I am working on 21m.

My first question was not attended to plsssss
Bank rate because that's the official rate and its the one they will use when converting it to their currency and secondly, i really don't have the answer to the other question, probably the more knowledgeable experts here can assist on that.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nitta08(f): 1:58am On Nov 16, 2022
Hi everyone,
My brother was denied a visa twice in Poland. He was studying medicine and surgery in Ukraine before the war. And got admitted for Public Health at Sam Houston State University Texas.
He wasn’t asked any questions today just if has been refused before and if he was working which he explained that he did a remote job when the war started while applying to further his studies.
The first time was the same issue about job.
Now I’m wondering if I shouldn’t have put it in his DS160. I also just got to find out that working while on a student visa in Ukraine is illegal just as it is in the US. Could that be the reason?
Is there a way I can rectify this? I didn’t take it out this second time because I was told to be consistent since they have records.
Should I take it out and he can say it was an error? Please I need advice on what to do and how to move forward.
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 2:24am On Nov 16, 2022
Mr/Mrs Agent see how you have complicated issues for your "brother"

You can work in USA on student visa if you work on campus
Or off campus during CPT or OPT

Please always do your findings well for you clients.

Good luck
As you try to rectify it.

Nitta08:
Hi everyone,
My brother was denied a visa twice in Poland. He was studying medicine and surgery in Ukraine before the war. And got admitted for Public Health at Sam Houston State University Texas.
He wasn’t asked any questions today just if has been refused before and if he was working which he explained that he did a remote job when the war started while applying to further his studies.
Now I’m wondering if I shouldn’t have put it in his DS160. I also just got to find out that working while on a student visa in Ukraine is illegal just as it is in the US. Could that be the reason?
Is there a way I can rectify this? I didn’t take it out this second time because I was told to be consistent since they have records.
Should I take it out and he can say it was an error? Please I need advice on what to do and how to move forward.
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nitta08(f): 2:45am On Nov 16, 2022
chibertha:
Mr/Mrs Agent see how you have complicated issues for your "brother"

You can work in USA on student visa if you work on campus
Or off campus during CPT or OPT

Please always do your findings well for you clients.

Good luck
As you try to rectify it.

Thanks for the response but I’ll like to make it clear.
1. I am not an agent. I was on this thread months ago asking questions about my brother’s situation and people said I was an agent which was disappointing.
2. I benefitted from this thread in 2018 when I had my interview, posted my transcript and I tried to give back as time allowed me then till life got busy here.
3. I am aware of all the rules of a student visa in the US as I was a student. I was just trying to figure out what the issue could have been as to why he was refused a visa on talking about the job he did in Ukraine.
4. The only F1 admission and visa application I’ve ever done was mine back in 2018. I always refer people to this thread to read and do their research as I did, when they indicate interest of coming to the US.
So I am not a pro in anyway which is why this situation may have gotten messed and that’s why I came back here again hoping to get answers and not being called an agent a second time. I will appreciate it if you refrain from addressing me that way.
Thank you

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NozinoGroup: 4:04am On Nov 16, 2022
UNOcrown:

Not funded at all.

I’d recommend you don’t go to the embassy with an unfunded PhD. Better an unfunded Msc than an unfunded PhD.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by adelawry(m): 5:15am On Nov 16, 2022
Babademmie:
I'm an HND holder in Computer Science and I'm 32years, I apply to Milwaukee School of Engineering for BSc Computer Engineering (Fall 2023).
I was given admission with 40% ($25,000) scholarship each year. The tuition is actually $61,446.
What are the chances that my Visa will be approved considering my age and the study gap of 8years, although I have 8years experience in the field
Please advise and help.
Thanks.

Hey bro! Lemme be brutally honest with you. Your chances are so slim with a Bachelors. Any age above 24 for a bachelors typically gets a VO to raise eyebrow. I remember when I heard my Visa interview about 3years ago, the dude who was in front of me at the Lagos embassy was 24 and was going for a bachelors degree in nursing. He was in nursing school at the time or was a practicing nurse who just finished nursing school. The VO kept talking about his age. Well, he was denied. Not saying it was because of his age. His age was really a thing of concern for the VO. But a bachelors degree at 32 doesn’t just sound right.
To add to that, you already have a bachelors degree equivalent, why not go for a masters degree. Even those who have masters already and going for another masters typically shove it under the carpet at the embassy. Cos a typical question is - you already have a masters, why another master and not PhD?

I’d recommend you get a masters degree! Many schools can offer you admission with your HND couple with your work experience.

Good luck!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by topron(m): 8:47am On Nov 16, 2022
Ok
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Komphyyyy: 9:38am On Nov 16, 2022
Good morning guys,
I was denied a student visa yesterday in lagos and i have already written to the school to defer for spring semester. Now, i intend to reapply at the abuja embassy even though its currently closed now. My question is that, is it safer to pay another mrv fees now hoping to reapply when the abuja embassy opens up (hopefully i will get a date before April 2023) or will i be lucky to see an earlier date before April 2023 at Lagos embassy?
Pls help a soul here � �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Fordashle: 12:33pm On Nov 16, 2022
Good morning everyone, please I’d like to confirm if I can use fixed deposit certificate as proof of fund to get my I-20.
Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tallvictor23: 12:51pm On Nov 16, 2022
Oluwathoyin:
Thank you Victor

You are welcome
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BunmiBie: 1:24pm On Nov 16, 2022
Nitta08:
Hi everyone,
Thank you

That remote job is the issue because what you are telling them is that when you get to US you will continue to work remotely to support yourself. Students are allowed to work only on campus except in rare cases which the school must be aware of but now you have told them straight away that you will not abide by this rule.
If you change it now nah another wahala o.

Just rest for now or go to another country...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ffo(m): 2:29pm On Nov 16, 2022
Nitta08:
Hi everyone,
Thank you
If you have a remote job, why don’t you trying going for nomad visa, there are more than 45 countries giving nomad visas
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Komphyyyy: 5:06pm On Nov 16, 2022
Pls can someone respond to this

Komphyyyy:
Good morning guys,
I was denied a student visa yesterday in lagos and i have already written to the school to defer for spring semester. Now, i intend to reapply at the abuja embassy even though its currently closed now. My question is that, is it safer to pay another mrv fees now hoping to reapply when the abuja embassy opens up (hopefully i will get a date before April 2023) or will i be lucky to see an earlier date before April 2023 at Lagos embassy?
Pls help a soul here � �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sun1shyne: 5:20pm On Nov 16, 2022
[quote author=Fordashle post=118437687]Good morning everyone, please I’d like to confirm if I can use fixed deposit certificate as proof of fund to get my I-20.
Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Wasavae86: 5:32pm On Nov 16, 2022
Good day everyone...im having a lil challenge...please on ds 160 where they write who is paying for your trip ...what is best option for someone given a fully funding scholarship
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Olapac: 6:07pm On Nov 16, 2022
please i am having the issue, Abuja denied my application for EA on changing to Lagos, the EA option is not avail, how do i go about booking /applying for another EA dont mind getting another MRV fee paid, but how do i add it, or have such option on the portal, i have been cancelling and picking another date, as adviced by a friend, still nothing happens or prompt for MRV number again. i hope i wont be block..kindly help out...my school resumes 9th of January 2023.......my number to join date search in lagos 07044908178.......please i need help on this

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ladygood444(f): 6:40pm On Nov 16, 2022
Good afternoon Guys, I'm Akinsola Iyanuoluwa by name. I actually applied for a student visa in USA, so before I can be given a visa I'm suppose to go for an interview at the embassy, which I picked Lagos for my interview.
But the case now is that since ending September I applied for my DS 160 and register for my appointment I haven't been given a date for my interview. And I'm going for spring semester January intake
Please Guys what do you I should do

I unable to get an appointment date for my interview,I already wrote to the embassy but I wasn't given a solution,I was asked to hold on and keep on checking until I have a available date by then I can request for a emergency appointment

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tallvictor23: 7:32pm On Nov 16, 2022
ladygood444:
Good afternoon Guys, I'm Akinsola Iyanuoluwa by name. I actually applied for a student visa in USA, so before I can be given a visa I'm suppose to go for an interview at the embassy, which I picked Lagos for my interview.
But the case now is that since ending September I applied for my DS 160 and register for my appointment I haven't been given a date for my interview. And I'm going for spring semester January intake
Please Guys what do you I should do

I unable to get an appointment date for my interview,I already wrote to the embassy but I wasn't given a solution,I was asked to hold on and keep on checking until I have a available date by then I can request for a emergency appointment

You need to select a date asap ! Even if you see Dec 2023 , select it , once you’ve done that then you can request for an emergency appointment. If you initially didn’t select any date , you won’t have access to the emergency slot . Bests of luck

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Assideeq247(m): 8:05pm On Nov 16, 2022
Good day everyone
This is my first post here
Please I need tips on successful interview for F1 visa for phD with RA position
Thanks
My date is close and I haven't done this before
Am just nervous

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (535) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: castANDbind and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.