Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,432 members, 7,815,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (680130 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Najdorf: 5:26am On Dec 25, 2022
ghettonews:
Guys I have admission in university of Akron, do u think this university will be good for visa sucess
Not necessarily
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ghettonews: 10:01am On Dec 25, 2022
Najdorf:

Not necessarily

My brother uni is necessary oo. If they feel like the uni you applied to is not necessary ranked they will denie you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Najdorf: 10:52am On Dec 25, 2022
ghettonews:

My brother uni is necessary oo. If they feel like the uni you applied to is not necessary ranked they will denie you
I never said uni is not necessary. My point was that the university that the person(University of Akron) may not necessarily make a big difference in his interview process, which is why he should not rely on that
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ghettonews: 11:52am On Dec 25, 2022
Najdorf:

I never said uni is not necessary. My point was that the university that the person(University of Akron) may not necessarily make a big difference in his interview process, which is why he should not rely on that

Ok bro but do you think university of Akron is a good uni based on visa chances
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Najdorf: 4:58pm On Dec 25, 2022
ghettonews:

Ok bro but do you think university of Akron is a good uni based on visa chances
Apart from T-50 schools with recognizable names like Harvard and MIT, your school name won't make a big difference. There are so many schools in the US, and so many school names that the VO has heard over their time, that it's unlikely that the VO will take any special notice. You have better chances than someone going to community college but the same chances as anyone going to any other random university.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by WESTERNCR: 5:53pm On Dec 25, 2022
Hello House, pls how long does it take passport to be ready for pick up at DHL after approval?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 6:40pm On Dec 25, 2022
See my answer in bold
eniola1010:
I have been reading the thread. From page1 and kudos to all the guys contributing. Please i have series of questions.

1) first and foremost, are all of you on the thread from a rich home. Cus after my findings, usa tuition no be beans o. Jesus. I'm planning to go for my phd because currently i'm almost done with my msc. And i learnt average tution for phd in usa is 28k usd per year, and phd is like three years and above, where will i see money from?
And
For those whose parents or them don't have the money they are sponsored by their " uncle's and aunts"

2) additionally, i heard f2 cant work, is this true? If so, is there a way to circumvent it? I also heard f1 cant work, is this also true, if so, is there a way to circumvent it?
And
Yes they can not work and there is no way to circumvent it

3) furthermore, is it best to apply with my civil partner, or i should first go, and she applies after i am already there?
And
Either one is ok as long as you have enough funds to cover them

4) going forward, from people's transcript on the thread, most of the enlightened ones here says the f2 should tell vo that they are only going to be with the f1 for few months and they will return back, what if the vo gives the f2 a 4months visa, and the 4 months is due, will the f2 be sent packing back to where she was coming from or how can the f2 find a way to still remain with f1?
Ans
Chances are the VO rarely gives less than 2 yrs.
My husband's F2 is valid through 2024 while F2 is valid through 2023

5) Also, after f1's education tenure is over, what can f1 do to still remain in the US?
Ans
Plenty things
OPT
Work visa etc
O visa
EB2 NIW

6) pre-ultimately, is it possible for me to pause my schooling and just be working or is it possible to dump the schooling with no harsh clap back from visa team.
And
Option 1 no
Option 2 no try am

7) lastly, are doctorate degree cheaper than phd in usa
And
Cost is based on course

Thank you all as you answer my questions.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 6:49pm On Dec 25, 2022
Yes you can be admitted with your GPA with GRE
Fund is not too common at masters level
But you can get GA on campus to help you.

Your school of choice will guide you through the application process for making payment you can tell family or friends outside Nigeria to help you

seribroo56:
Good evening all, please I will need your advice on the following,

1. I got 147/152 GRE score and also finished with a second class lower (2.63). How fisible is gaining admission to the United States. (Scholarship if possible)

2. What are the process to applying and do can I pay the application fee with a naira master/verve card.

I would really appreciate if this question are answered,thank you all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 6:51pm On Dec 25, 2022
Yes it is as long as it can issue SEVIS no.
ghettonews:
Guys I have admission in university of Akron, do u think this university will be good for visa sucess

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by eniola1010(m): 6:58pm On Dec 25, 2022
@TWoods @chibertha
Thanks for answering my questions. I only have one last batch of questions before i start my usa preparation

1) i thought its the school we use to write sop too. How come during interview the vo always have a copy of the sop, i want to assume its the school that sends the vo the sop. Or is it that people write two sops, one for vo and one for sch.

2) concerning coa. I want to assume that coa is the total cost of ur addmission or is it the total cost of admission per year.

For example, if i am going for a 4 year phd. And the cost is 20k usd per year.

Does it mean my coa is 80k usd?

And if so, judging by the 80k analysis, what is the ideal deficit you can advise someone to have in his statement of account or would you advice someone to have the complete 80k usd or its equivalent showing on the statement to give the vo impression that you can take good care of urself financially.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 7:06pm On Dec 25, 2022
eniola1010:
@TWoods @chibertha
Thanks for answering my questions. I only have one last batch of questions before i start my usa preparation

1) i thought its the school we use to write sop too. How come during interview the vo always have a copy of the sop, i want to assume its the school that sends the vo the sop. Or is it that people write two sops, one for vo and one for sch.
Ans
The VO does not have your SOP
They rate your from your DS160

2) concerning coa. I want to assume that coa is the total cost of ur addmission or is it the total cost of admission per year.

For example, if i am going for a 4 year phd. And the cost is 20k usd per year.

Does it mean my coa is 80k usd?

And if so, judging by the 80k analysis, what is the ideal deficit you can advise someone to have in his statement of account or would you advice someone to have the complete 80k usd or its equivalent showing on the statement to give the vo impression that you can take good care of urself financially
Ans
COA that is need is for a year and it includes
Tuition and estimated living expenses

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Icesnow(f): 8:22pm On Dec 25, 2022
Hi all!
I'm new here. What are the pathway to getting your papers after masters and is it easy to get visa for my kids without my husband, though with his consent?
Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by seribroo56(m): 8:36pm On Dec 25, 2022
chibertha:
Yes you can be admitted with your GPA with GRE
Fund is not too common at masters level
But you can get GA on campus to help you.

Your school of choice will guide you through the application process for making payment you can tell family or friends outside Nigeria to help you

Thanks for the response, do you advise that I first call the university before applying. Thanks again and merry Christmas cheesy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 9:01pm On Dec 25, 2022
Well I am indifferent about calling since the requirements are on the web page.
I would look for a school who will ask for what I have.
Note
The big names will always have their bar raised due to the number of application they receive.

seribroo56:

Thanks for the response, do you advise that I first call the university before applying. Thanks again and merry Christmas cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 9:03pm On Dec 25, 2022
You get OPT first then
Work visa then your employer petition for your PR or you self petition if you have all that is required.
Yes you can get visa for your kids without your husband as long as you have the money to take care of them.

Icesnow:
Hi all!
I'm new here. What are the pathway to getting your papers after masters and is it easy to get visa for my kids without my husband, though with his consent?
Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by peppo4live: 9:05pm On Dec 25, 2022
ghettonews:
Please does the school have free application fee?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by seribroo56(m): 9:36pm On Dec 25, 2022
chibertha:
Well I am indifferent about calling since the requirements are on the web page.
I would look for a school who will ask for what I have.
Note
The big names will always have their bar raised due to the number of application they receive.

Thank you for your time, i appreciate.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by lionlee216(m): 7:24am On Dec 26, 2022
Is anybody schooling or living here in Valparaiso/Crown Point Indiana??

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (531) (Reply)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: OyoTunjiUSA(m), Younggee19 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.