Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,405 members, 7,830,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (696947 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 3:02pm On Feb 04, 2023
engrcorrect:

University of North Dakota, yale, Mtu and Alabama... all for PhD ( and clearly stated that i need funding)

I hope you get into a good program soon. I also got a love letter from Yale which was my preferred uni.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 3:03pm On Feb 04, 2023
Zihno:

Thank you very much. But the link isn’t opening

I wonder why, but it's supposed to let you download the job description in pdf. You may access it through their "available assistantships" or if you have access to the mygeorgian website, you'd see more of those listings.

I know two people at Virginia tech that didn't submit the Wes but got GAs...even though it's listed as a requirement. Then I know another that got Fellowship at State Uni of New York (Binghamton), if you want a go at it. He's an Electrical Electronic grad though, but I'm not sure department entirely matters for engineering...in many schools.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 3:11pm On Feb 04, 2023
Dreamsss:

I wonder why, but it's supposed to let you download the job description in pdf. You may access it through their "available assistantships" or if you have access to the mygeorgian website, you'd see more of those listings.

I know two people at Virginia tech that didn't submit the Wes but got GAs...even though it's listed as a requirement. Then I know another that got Fellowship at State Uni of New York (Binghamton), if you want a go at it. He's an Electrical Electronic grad though, but I'm not sure department entirely matters for engineering...in many schools.

Alright. Thank you ma
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 3:12pm On Feb 04, 2023
Is there anyone applying to Norkfolk state uni?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TeeShane: 4:15pm On Feb 04, 2023
Hello everyone,

I have a question/ need advice:

I and my husband (newlywed) will like to travel to the states through student visa and the other one will be F2, my husband has masters degree already. Thinking he should do PhD or another masters, and I be F2. OR we should both be F1 holders, so I can also work. (Ps: My sister is also in the states)

What do you think is better please. I am open to ideas, advice and suggestions.

Thank you!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 4:32pm On Feb 04, 2023
Phunmmielurlar:

Thank you so much for your response, although i do not intend to attend the school when i get there, do you think there's any way i can get a visa approval for this or do i start looking into other options?
You’re more than likely not going to get approved. You applied to only 1 school and dont have funding. Good luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by DAramis: 4:53pm On Feb 04, 2023
Sisib15:
I hope that's not the only school you applied to Georgia Southern University is waiving it's application fee
The hitch**

*International transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES accredited evaluation service and must be a course by course evaluation and include a GPA. (www.naces.org)

Moreover, is there any special website that you use to know which university is offering application fee waiver?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by DAramis: 4:57pm On Feb 04, 2023
engrcorrect:

Same here...
Three love letters in three (straight) days...
Brutality.

Sorry bro🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Anfieldboss: 4:58pm On Feb 04, 2023
engrcorrect:

University of North Dakota, yale, Mtu and Alabama... all for PhD ( and clearly stated that i need funding)

Sorry for the rejections, keep hope alive you'll get admit with full funding soon.

Which of the uni of Alabama did you apply to, is it Tuscaloosa? I applied for a PhD there, yet to hear from them.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by DAramis: 5:02pm On Feb 04, 2023
Zihno:

Please send me a link to the ad.

I have Wes oo. I just don’t have the money to be sending official test scores.
I think you should use your unofficial Wes report to apply. Once admitted, they might request for the official report same time they will be requesting for your official transcript.

No harm in trial.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by engrcorrect: 5:21pm On Feb 04, 2023
Anfieldboss:

Sorry for the rejections, keep hope alive you'll get admit with full funding soon.

Which of the uni of Alabama did you apply to, is it Tuscaloosa? I applied for a PhD there, yet to hear from them.
University of Alabama
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Anfieldboss: 5:26pm On Feb 04, 2023
engrcorrect:

University of Alabama

Okay......which program? I applied for PhD in EE, and I haven't heard anything from them.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by engrcorrect: 5:28pm On Feb 04, 2023
Anfieldboss:

Okay......which program? I applied for PhD in EE, and I haven't heard anything from them.
PhD chemical engineering

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Victor1405: 5:31pm On Feb 04, 2023
Good evening house, I would like to ask if it’s possible to change a Lagos location to Abuja for the visa interview due to not having a closer date as the date I have in Lagos is July and my school resumes in may is it possible to go look for a date in Abuja? Or how can I go about this.
Your support will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Keyin: 5:51pm On Feb 04, 2023
Please when did you submitted your application. During Free App Week in October or before then? My brother Applied to Chemistry and Biochemistry Department and he has not received any letter since October

engrcorrect:

PhD chemical engineering
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by engrcorrect: 6:13pm On Feb 04, 2023
Keyin:
Please when did you submitted your application. During Free App Week in October or before then? My brother Applied to Chemistry and Biochemistry Department and he has not received any letter since October

During free app week
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Najdorf: 7:42pm On Feb 04, 2023
Phunmmielurlar:

Thank you so much for your response, although i do not intend to attend the school when i get there, do you think there's any way i can get a visa approval for this or do i start looking into other options?
Check out University of South Dakota
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 8:47pm On Feb 04, 2023
Not really, there is a guy on LinkedIn that post these waivers. His name begins with cosmos.K.a.t. Obeng. Can't remember his full name. I have searched for the name on LinkedIn. You can check him out. He post alot of free waivers
DAramis:

The hitch**

*International transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES accredited evaluation service and must be a course by course evaluation and include a GPA. (www.naces.org)

Moreover, is there any special website that you use to know which university is offering application fee waiver?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TeeShane: 10:59pm On Feb 04, 2023
TeeShane:
Hello everyone,

I and my husband (newlywed) will like to travel to the states through student visa and the other one will be F2, my husband has masters degree already. Thinking he should do PhD or another masters, and I be F2. OR we should both be F1 holders, so I can also work. (Ps: My sister is also in the states)

Thank you!

Please guys please respond🙏🏾
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nifeyetunde1: 12:38am On Feb 05, 2023
BigIyanga:

Be ready to explain the career gap.. what you had been doing since you finished secondary school.Remember average Naija finishes secondary school before 20. So your work experience for the past 10yrs would be very helpful..

Thanks a lot for this
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 2:09am On Feb 05, 2023
TeeShane:
Hello everyone,

Thank you!

Both of you should apply to fully funded programs to maximize your chances. The outcome will determine if you should both apply as F1s or if one person will enter as an F2.

If money isn’t a problem, the person with the best credentials, who can best provide for the family should be the F1.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Terry27: 2:29am On Feb 05, 2023
Victor1405:
Good evening house, I would like to ask if it’s possible to change a Lagos location to Abuja for the visa interview due to not having a closer date as the date I have in Lagos is July and my school resumes in may is it possible to go look for a date in Abuja? Or how can I go about this.
Your support will be appreciated.

I would advise you to stay in Lagos because the earliest date in Abuja right now is January 2024. Just keep searching for dates in Lagos and if you don't see, you can defer your admission till Fall.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 4:27am On Feb 05, 2023
TeeShane:
Hello everyone,

Thank you!
Do not ride on your hubby’s luck… neither should he. He’s done Masters… let go PhD or Master-PhD…Abeg apply for F1
Why settle for crumbs when you can own the bakery ??

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by DAramis: 8:11am On Feb 05, 2023
Sisib15:
Not really, there is a guy on LinkedIn that post these waivers. His name begins with cosmos.K.a.t. Obeng. Can't remember his full name. I have searched for the name on LinkedIn. You can check him out. He post alot of free waivers

Okay, I will check him out.

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kawusky(m): 8:26am On Feb 05, 2023
Keyin:

He should send an email to the course director
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Phunmmielurlar: 8:56am On Feb 05, 2023
mantics:

If I get you well, this is the only school you applied to and you have the mindset of just getting visa and not going to school. Not like you want to transfer to another school right? This is one of the reasons some genuine students get rejected at the embassy. Unless maybe you have a plan to transfer which I doubt you will.

I have d plan to transfer to a more affordable school o
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Phunmmielurlar: 8:57am On Feb 05, 2023
Najdorf:

Check out University of South Dakota

Thank you so much, really appreciate
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kaka118: 10:29am On Feb 05, 2023
my school resumed Jan 18th,And my interview on Jan 26th, I was given the 212g form which ticked me to pay SEVIS fee but I haven't and it will make a week now since being told by Vo to pay SEVIS fee,do you think I'm too late or good to go
BigIyanga:

If they authenticate your docs, they’re likely granting your visa

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (539) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.