Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (679015 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (530) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by LATECH2K23: 8:33am On Feb 02, 2023
Hello fam
Please how does this Wes evaluation works and how many days does this process takes
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ocpaschal: 10:16am On Feb 02, 2023
BigIyanga:

Tax returns are available to any US worker irrespective of immigration status.. yes non citizens file taxes in the US.
An Australian uni asking for her tax returns?? .. too risky. Unless it would be acceptable for her to remove/block some of personal info like DOB, SSN, her spouse of kids… if such info is intercepted by scammers and hackers, she’s messed up for life. They can commit fraudulent activities with her info. I completely understand her hesitation.
that's the huge surprise. The Aussie university requests income tax revenue (ITR) from applicants sponsor, no matter what. Everybody that I've spoken to that applied to that university submitted their sponsor Income tax revenue of 2yrs above
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ocpaschal: 10:25am On Feb 02, 2023
BigIyanga:

IRS wont send tax returns via email.
Your aunty most likely has her returns or can request from tax accountant/preparer
But tax return has vital sensitive info like her dob,ssn, her spouse and kids.. Most people wont give it to a family member to be sent via email to an Australian uni.. e dey too risky. Sorry about my response
that is serious indeed. I don't understand why my school is so awkward with this demand. But by the way, I heard that the former US president Trump had his tax returns released to the public. How come that the US congress committee published some details of Donald trump tax returns to the media and public despite how sensitive the documents really is?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lovethchisom(f): 10:44am On Feb 02, 2023
TijaniAk12345:
. which school is that boss
Marshall University
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lovethchisom(f): 10:45am On Feb 02, 2023
infosoftlife:

Send a DM

Thanks Boss
Done
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lovethchisom(f): 10:45am On Feb 02, 2023
Fagbite:
which school is that fam?
Marshall University
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lasisieniola77(m): 10:45am On Feb 02, 2023
Hello Everyone,
Why is it that most people usually say they are not married to the VO even when they are married? Does it mean life as a married student is not easy in the USA or will it hinder one's obtaining citizenship? And what advice would you give someone where the lady is the F1 and the husband-to-be wants to accompany her to the USA on an F2 visa . Should they go together or the husband should apply later?
What is the negative effect of going together as a couple?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by YoungWizard007: 11:17am On Feb 02, 2023
Lasisieniola77:
Hello Everyone,
Why is it that most people usually say they are not married to the VO even when they are married? Does it mean life as a married student is not easy in the USA or will it hinder one's obtaining citizenship? And what advice would you give someone where the lady is the F1 and the husband-to-be wants to accompany her to the USA on an F2 visa . Should they go together or the husband should apply later?

Well with the little have gathered here on this travel section I think US don't want you to come to their country and stay back
They want you to prove to them that once you are done with whatever business you have there you are coming back
So with you going with your husband I think that's a noticeable point that you will definitely stay back after school, I'm not 100% sure if I'm right so maybe the experts can enlighten us more

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 11:54am On Feb 02, 2023
ocpaschal:
that is serious indeed. I don't understand why my school is so awkward with this demand. But by the way, I heard that the former US president Trump had his tax returns released to the public. How come that the US congress committee published some details of Donald trump tax returns to the media and public despite how sensitive the documents really is?
Trump had to fight not to release it.. and IRS has some superior encryption system for VIPs like Trump… you cant easily access their info. Also, it’s Congress that got his tax details… so they’ll release specific info about his finances.. and redact his personal info. But your relative doesnt have such privilege, so her tax return is going to have every info about her. Any scammer that gets holds of such, can assume her identity and open credit cards,buy things with her identity without her consent.

But Naija FIRS can give you tax returns.. why not find a sponsor in Naija?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by DAramis: 3:47pm On Feb 02, 2023
YoungWizard007:

Hello plz I have some questions
Is it a must I order for my official transcript through the EngineeringCAS?

Can I just fill out the forms download and upload to my school as you have mentioned and without making the payment

Thanks

It is not compulsory to order transcript to EngineeringCas except if you have other schools you would like to apply to.

Can I just fill out the forms download and upload to my school as you have mentioned and without making the payment .

In regards to the bolded, yes. Also, don't forget to notify the admission unit for them to confirm if received or if they can download directly from their own end (Always quote your app ID number for easier tracking of your profile )
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by DAramis: 3:49pm On Feb 02, 2023
ocpaschal:
that's the huge surprise. The Aussie university requests income tax revenue (ITR) from applicants sponsor, no matter what. Everybody that I've spoken to that applied to that university submitted their sponsor Income tax revenue of 2yrs above
Oga,

Find another school. I can bet that you would not even be willing to release such sensitive document to another person if you were in your aunt shoes.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by YoungWizard007: 4:18pm On Feb 02, 2023
DAramis:

It is not compulsory to order transcript to EngineeringCas except if you have other schools you would like to apply to.

Can I just fill out the forms download and upload to my school as you have mentioned and without making the payment .

In regards to the bolded, yes. Also, don't forget to notify the admission unit for them to confirm if received or if they can download directly from their own end (Always quote your app ID number for easier tracking of your profile )

Thank you, I will do that.
The school app page is not responding now though

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by LawyerBB: 1:35am On Feb 03, 2023
Good morning everyone,
Please I have a convention by September 2023 in US and am given a 2024 date for interview.
What can I do to get a date for this year?
I was advised to get an agent, that I would get a date, how true?
Any advice on what to do
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Itzoged: 5:57am On Feb 03, 2023
Greetings everyone

1. Please what is Sevis I-901? Who pays I-901 Sevis fee? Someone told me I must pay this fee before interview date. Is it compulsory all international students pay I-901 Sevis fee? Please help me with detailed explanation.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by LATECH2K23: 7:02am On Feb 03, 2023
Good morning fam

Please I need GRE materials
And also how many weeks is advisable to prepare for GRE before writing the exam

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by LATECH2K23: 8:17am On Feb 03, 2023
Jacknn:
Greetings NL team!!

I've gotten to the stage in my application where I'll need a recommendation letter. I intend drafting my own letter and sending to my project supervisor in skul,so he'll use instead of me stressing him and in the process submitting a dry LOR. But,my case is different, I graduated with a 2.87/4 gpa,I have Good gre tho plus,I meet the minimum GPA of the skul I'm applying to which is 2.75/4. My plea is;

1) anybody here with link,sample or can help me address the situation here as I want an outstanding reference letter, I think a lady here said something about this,where she got good LOR and she said some vital stuffs to be included in the letter if you've low GPA.

Pls if u can't help with link or sample, u can aswell help with the killer words here(type it) so I can draft from here. I just need good content on this, I greet una!!

Hello jacknn
Please how can I get in touch with you
I’ll love to ask few questions
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Boyco: 11:01am On Feb 03, 2023
LawyerBB:
Good morning everyone,
Please I have a convention by September 2023 in US and am given a 2024 date for interview.
What can I do to get a date for this year?
I was advised to get an agent, that I would get a date, how true?
Any advice on what to do
You dont need an agent for anything. He/she won't do anything special because he will still do the normal thing all visa applicants do which is searching for dates...apply for EA and hope it gets approved. If it does get approved u need to be checking daily for earlier dates...mind you, you are restricted to check ur portal 4 times a day.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by LATECH2K23: 1:51pm On Feb 03, 2023
Hm
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by LATECH2K23: 1:52pm On Feb 03, 2023
Please what does this mean…. I really do not understand the meaning of that last 60 semester credit

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Danielaladejobi(m): 3:05pm On Feb 03, 2023
justdoit100:

It's free. I'm only speaking about the one I know.
pls how do one join such mock groups, this is my WhatsApp number Incase you’re close to the admin. 08187559416
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Danielaladejobi(m): 3:08pm On Feb 03, 2023
obojememe:
good day,
my passport will expire by April’23, i have my appointment february’23, i have already gone for passport renewal capturing and issued a date of collection which is March’23, can i go ahead for the interview with the about to expire passport?
pls when did you apply for the interview. And how were you able to get a nearer date pls?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 5:32pm On Feb 03, 2023
He is a public figure besides his SSN will not be on the document.
Find another school or look for someone in Nigeria to use it is easy to get tax details from 9jia tax office.

ocpaschal:

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 5:37pm On Feb 03, 2023
You are right besides their situation does not qualify for EA
Boyco:

You dont need an agent for anything. He/she won't do anything special because he will still do the normal thing all visa applicants do which is searching for dates...apply for EA and hope it gets approved. If it does get approved u need to be checking daily for earlier dates...mind you, you are restricted to check ur portal 4 times a day.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Boyco: 11:06pm On Feb 03, 2023
chibertha:
You are right besides their situation does not qualify for EA

Oh i never knew. Thought EA applies for all visa categories
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 2:31am On Feb 04, 2023
LATECH2K23:
Good morning fam

Please I need GRE materials
And also how many weeks is advisable to prepare for GRE before writing the exam

Thanks
I’d take 6-12mons to prepare
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 2:35am On Feb 04, 2023
Go back to their website and look at the conditions for EA again.
Boyco:

Oh i never knew. Thought EA applies for all visa categories
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Winner0718(m): 5:39am On Feb 04, 2023
Lasisieniola77:
Hello Everyone,

Co-ask
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 8:11am On Feb 04, 2023
Is this correct

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Phunmmielurlar: 10:06am On Feb 04, 2023
Good day every one
I got an admission offer since August 2022, for masters study into the UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE for Fall 2023 (which is the only school i applied to because the offer came in the following day) but with no funding and the total fee is $55k which will be paid by my uncle who is a customs officer, and on my i-20 the ending date is May 2026 (approximately 3 years) so i was speaking with someone (as per getting visa appointment date) and after some questions the person said the VO might have issues with the fees and not approve the visa because paying $55k seem a like with the current exchange rate (I wish i can find someone to explain this to with VN and screenshot), this has got me really worried, and i don't know whether to start looking for other schools or still try to apply for the visa first

Really looking forward to getting responses.

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (530) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

Viewing this topic: Abdomox

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.