Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,713 members, 7,820,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (686776 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (534) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 3:41pm On Feb 20, 2023
Rocktation:

Abeg, psycho-analyze everything, but don't remind people again about that TOEFL matter. Ever written the TOEFL? Because that's the only way you can really speak to what people are opining. That score is a result of poor preparation, and it will be totally unkind of you to charge anybody here to empathize with such an attitude to the exam...speak less of robbing the examinees' heads as your preferred strategy to lure them to success.
Tankio. It would seem that some people would love to be lied to in order not to hurt their feelings. It seems that folks are looking for the easiest way out without an honest feedback.

Good luck to them.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 3:56pm On Feb 20, 2023
Rocktation:

Abeg, psycho-analyze everything, but don't remind people again about that TOEFL matter. Ever written the TOEFL? Because that's the only way you can really speak to what people are opining. That score is a result of poor preparation, and it will be totally unkind of you to charge anybody here to empathize with such an attitude to the exam...speak less of robbing the examinees' heads as your preferred strategy to lure them to success.

Thank you. Even a Chinese person won’t fail TOEFL like that. We can’t support such poor performance especially when we ask these universities to waive the English language requirement for Nigerians. No English speaker will score that low even without any preparation.

Finally, the ripple effect of his and other poor students perform in the exams is forthcoming. Most of these Unis that have waived English language test scores will soon start requiring it when most of their Nigeria students cannot write or speak proper English.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Donbigi2(m): 4:14pm On Feb 20, 2023
BigIyanga:

You havent provided any solution.. have you? You could have put the same energy into finding a school for him.
You cant be an entitled brat cos you cant really afford to pay anybody for their time and expertise. I’m not here to babysit him. I asked him a tough question without insults and he responded with insults.. then I responded cos I dont care how you feel once you start hurling insults.. you shall get a truckload.

1st question?
Low GP and you’re looking for the easiest uni to get into?? Are your parents worth more $500k

So you intentionally missed this his response.??

Take time to read through what you wrote and ask yourself if you made any sense. If I have a GPA of 4.0 would I need to worry about an easy school to get into? Something tells me you are either fostered or being fostered because I don't know what parents got to do with my question.

my dear you completely missed the point of my comment. How you word your comments matter. Stop being condescending in your response. We are building a community.

Read my reply again. You'd see that i said the exact thing you wrote. But without the extra layer.

You havent provided any solution.. have you? You could have put the same energy into finding a school for him.
You cant be an entitled brat cos you cant really afford to pay anybody for their time and expertise. I’m not here to babysit him. I asked him a tough question without insults and he responded with insults.. then I responded cos I dont care how you feel once you start hurling insults.. you shall get a truckload.

Just look at the bolded. To you, as a complete novice how does this sound? Pls get off your high horse and realise it is possible to help people without belittling them.

In other not to derail this thread, this is my last comment on this, have a nice day.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Vester48(m): 5:04pm On Feb 20, 2023
BigIyanga:

Stop choosing and picking my responses.
You’re expecting romantic responses from folks while being rude? He’s in a bad situation with rude attitude… then I addressed him the way he wanted to be handled.

This was my 1st response

Low GP and you’re looking for the easiest uni to get into?? Are your parents worth more $500k

And you are still proud to repeat your first response? Its glaring that you are still dependent on your parents (that's if you have). Just so you know that it's not everyone that depends on parents.

The fact that I asked about the easiest schools to get in does not mean I'm a student or a potential student. I could be asking on behalf of someone to know how to
guide them. You were probably in elementary school when I completed my second masters degree FYI.

To all the good people that have positively contributed, thank you so much. I asked the question for a distant family member that I m trying to bring to the US but his GPA is low. We are expecting his GRE results by next week. He studied Agric at Unilorin and his IELTS academic result is good (7.5). He wants a project
Management or an agric-related degree program for his masters.

Thank you.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by bioemmy: 5:24pm On Feb 20, 2023
Please house, my passport will be expiring November this year. Can I still use it to process my travelling in August?
Or it will be better I make renewal plans? Given that renewal takes like forever.
Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 5:25pm On Feb 20, 2023
Donbigi2:

my dear you completely missed the point of my comment. How you word your comments matter. Stop being condescending in your response. We are building a community.

Read my reply again. You'd see that i said the exact thing you wrote. But without the extra layer.

Just look at the bolded. To you, as a complete novice how does this sound? Pls get off your high horse and realise it is possible to help people without belittling them.

In other not to derail this thread, this is my last comment on this, have a nice day.
You picked up the wrong pesin and response.. what a convenient oversight lol.

You didnt have issue when he fired those insults when I asked ‘ ‘
Low GP and you’re looking for the easiest uni to get into?? Are your parents worth more $500k’

He responded “ Take time to read through what you wrote and ask yourself if you made any sense. If I have a GPA of 4.0 would I need to worry about an easy school to get into? Something tells me you are either fostered or being fostered because I don't know what parents got to do with my question.

I’m not here to take your insults and and bandaid your emotions. If you’re looking for answers, you have to learn some manners. Someone who doesnt know that his sponsors/parents need have some $$ liquidity, is getting mad and being rude…and you’d expect me to cuddle him with love.. pls try Jesus not me.

You could have spent this therapeutic and angelic approach in finding him a good school and funding too. How is asking if your parents are rich an offensive question??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 5:34pm On Feb 20, 2023
Vester48:

And you are still proud to repeat your first response? Its glaring that you are still dependent on your parents (that's if you have). Just so you know that it's not everyone that depends on parents.

The fact that I asked about the easiest schools to get in does not mean I'm a student or a potential student. I could be asking on behalf of someone to know how to
guide them. You were probably in elementary school when I completed my second masters degree FYI.

To all the good people that have positively contributed, thank you so much. I asked the question for a distant family member that I m trying to bring to the US but his GPA is low. We are expecting his GRE results by next week. He studied Agric at Unilorin and his IELTS academic result is good (7.5). He wants a project
Management or an agric-related degree program for his masters.

Thank you.
If you easily get offended by someone asking if the applicant and his parents have $50k COA for an MS program without funding.. then you’re clueless on how he can proceed.
School is going to require him to show proof of $30k-$50k before he’s given admission. VO is also going to require the same. $$ funds must come from him, hus sponsor, parents or you. So his parents’ net worth is and will still be a pertinent question.
You havent factored in the cost of travelling, plane tickets etc. Yes , my response is not romantic, but someone in his situation, is not going to have it EASY finding school and getting funded unless he or his sponsors have $50k to back up his dreams. Good luck!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by DAramis: 5:38pm On Feb 20, 2023
Vester48:
Please which US universities are the easiest to get into for a masters degree? I have a low G.P (WES evaluated it as 2.6). Thanks
Try and drop more information on this. STEM or Non-STEM course?

Modified***

Check schools in State of Florida (university of Florida, Florida state university etc) and probably schools in State of Colorado.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 5:47pm On Feb 20, 2023
bioemmy:
Please house, my passport will be expiring November this year. Can I still use it to process my travelling in August?
Or it will be better I make renewal plans? Given that renewal takes like forever.
Thanks.

Your passport most have at least 6months validity by the time you appear that the embassy.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 5:49pm On Feb 20, 2023
DAramis:

Try and drop more information on this. STEM or Non-STEM course?

Modified***

Check schools in State of Florida (university of Florida, Florida state university etc) and probably schools in State of Colorado.

UF won’t accept that sha. UF is very competitive. But he can always try.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by DAramis: 5:56pm On Feb 20, 2023
Zihno:

UF won’t accept that sha. UF is very competitive. But he can always try.

Their minimum is 2.0. Moreover, the course aimed for is not a strong STEM course.

Lastly, all the schools I mentioned in both States has February 28/March 1 for priority deadline, and application fee for schools in State of Florida is affordable (around 30- 50 dollars per school).

NB: My assumption is based on fact he is paying out of pocket but not focused on Funding. Also, he can check out Wayne State University, but their fee is brutal (around 50k dollars).

CC Vester48

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by DAramis: 6:06pm On Feb 20, 2023
Soft Reminder

February 28/March 1 is the last application date for remaining universities for those interested in Funding. Other passed date include December 1st, December 15th, January 1st and January 15th (I think they are the major ones).

So push through those your application if you are still considering Fall, 2023.

1 love letter (Regret message/mail) just dropped for me ( Tulane University). Checked profile and saw it there.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 6:12pm On Feb 20, 2023
DAramis:
Soft Reminder

February 28/March 1 is the last application date for remaining universities for those interested in Funding. Other passed date include December 15th, January 1st and January 15th (I think they are the major ones).

1 love letter (Regret message/mail) just dropped for me ( Tulane University). Checked profile and saw it there.

Eyaa..ndo..I wish you well. Thanks for the updates..
For me, it's the wait that is killing me..and the fear of the unknown. I don't know how you people manage. I feel I shouldn't do too much, when I can end up getting what I need from one of the many I have already done. But then, I'm just waiting for time to roll, so I can know what the future holds...but if the future flops..my own don be for this year be that... it's stressful.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 6:13pm On Feb 20, 2023
Vester48...Now that you mentioned agric, he can get into Tennessee State University...Nashville...and get funded too.
Although, idk the timeline, so make Una do quick quick..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 6:14pm On Feb 20, 2023
DAramis:
Soft Reminder

February 28/March 1 is the last application date for remaining universities for those interested in Funding. Other passed date include December 15th, January 1st and January 15th (I think they are the major ones).

Hello, can I please ask what program? I applied to Tulane too and I haven’t heard back.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by DAramis: 6:20pm On Feb 20, 2023
Zihno:

Hello, can I please ask what program? I applied to Tulane too and I haven’t heard back.
Earth and Environmental Science.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 6:20pm On Feb 20, 2023
Dreamsss:

For me, it's the wait that is killing me..and the fear of the unknown. I don't know how you people manage. I feel I shouldn't do too much, when I can end up getting what I need from one of the many I have already done. But then, I'm just waiting for time to roll, so I can know what the future holds...but if the future flops..my own don be for this year be that... it's stressful.

You have options. I follow you. If this year flops for me, I’m not even sure how and what I’d do.

Putting it out out there just in case anyone can help, I dy find work ooo!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 6:22pm On Feb 20, 2023
Zihno:

You have options. I follow you. If this year flops for me, I’m not even sure how and what I’d do.

Putting it out out there just in case anyone can help, I dy find work ooo!

Zihno, why d'you say I have options..because I no too de see the options oo
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 6:23pm On Feb 20, 2023
DAramis:

Earth and Environmental Science.

I applie to the Materials Physics and Engineering Department. I already emailed them twice when the anxiety took over me and they said I would hear back by April 🌚🌚🌚.

Is your program a PhD program? Is it in the school of sciences and Engineering?

I’m really sorry about the love letter. Hopefully you get into a nice school soon.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 6:25pm On Feb 20, 2023
Dreamsss:

Zihno, why d'you say I have options..because I no too de see the options oo

I saw your post about getting an offer in the UK. I was happy for you because at least one must enter.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by DAramis: 6:27pm On Feb 20, 2023
Dreamsss:

Thanks for the wishes.

The reason we spread our option in school application is also the singular reason why all eggs are not put in a single basket😅🤣

Utah is pending for me. After paying app fee, they started demanding official transcript. ASSU Wahala and unnecessary school closure made it impossible for me to be able to apply and deliver official transcript to them before deadline (February 28). 2 schools, still have not paid their app fee up till now cause I don't have it.

It is well. Just one Full admit to drop like Michael Jordan 3 point in basketball game is all that matters.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 6:28pm On Feb 20, 2023
Zihno:

I saw your post about getting an offer in the UK. I was happy for you because at least one must enter.

Oh oh oh...that story leads somewhere else oo...lol..don't worry I will finish it sometime soongrin

So you are one of the good people liking my posts?😀
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 6:28pm On Feb 20, 2023
Dreamsss:

Oh oh oh...that story leads somewhere else oo...lol..don't worry I will finish it sometime soongrin

So you are one of the good people liking my posts?😀

Yes oo. I am really rooting for you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 6:30pm On Feb 20, 2023
DAramis:

Thanks for the wishes.

The reason we spread our option in school application is also the singular reason why all eggs are not put in a single basket😅🤣

Utah is pending for me. After paying app fee, they started demanding official transcript. ASSU Wahala and unnecessary school closure made it impossible for me to be able to apply and deliver official transcript to them before deadline (February 28). 2 schools, still have not paid their app fee up till now cause I don't have it.

It is well. Just one Full admit to drop like Michael Jordan 3 point in basketball game is all that matters.

Sir, is your undergraduate degree in Engineering?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 6:30pm On Feb 20, 2023
DAramis:

Thanks for the wishes.

God will do it.. honestly, all my body is paining me like this. But it is well.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Najdorf: 6:31pm On Feb 20, 2023
Donbigi2:

I don't understand why you guys hate questions here so much. Some people don't know how to start searching...

Let's say someone asked what are the best cheap universities for low GPA.

If you have had this issue before, it cost nothing to chip in a response.
. Sometimes when they see university of California San Diego.

It can prompt them to check other nearby universities.

I swear you guys need to check Indian forums and see how they help each other. Infact they have a whole forum dedicated to showing you exactly what gpa + gre combination to get admitted.

Example.. Someone asked can I get admitted with a 7.4/10 gpa, someone responded that he got admitted with that but he needs is to Co aurther a research paper or have 4 projects

I've seen really stupid questions on their YouTube pages and people answering them without being condescending.

Honestly we need to do better and stop being hostile to every question.
Nigerians just have this deep spirit of anger. That's why I just can't stay in this country again cheesy

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 6:31pm On Feb 20, 2023
Zihno:

Yes oo. I am really rooting for you.

Eyaa..spoiler alert..it did not go the way you thought. smiley
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by DAramis: 6:31pm On Feb 20, 2023
Zihno:

I applie to the Materials Physics and Engineering Department. I already emailed them twice when the anxiety took over me and they said I would hear back by April 🌚🌚🌚.

Is your program a PhD program? Is it in the school of sciences and Engineering?

I’m really sorry about the love letter. Hopefully you get into a nice school soon.

Yeah, PhD program.

Just allow them to do their thing. Hopefully, March is when they will start dropping those admitted in order to meet up with the government April 15th deadline for acceptance or rejection by those offered.

Sure, one hopefully will click.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 6:32pm On Feb 20, 2023
Dreamsss:

Eyaa..spoiler alert..it did not go the way you thought. smiley

Still fine sha. Hopefully we get good news this coming month.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by DAramis: 6:35pm On Feb 20, 2023
Zihno:

Sir, is your undergraduate degree in Engineering?
Yeah, but I no be Sir O 😂

You can reply me without that word.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 6:35pm On Feb 20, 2023
Zihno:

Still fine sha. Hopefully we get good news this coming month.

Yeahhh.. it's not over, until it is. We have crossed all the T's. It's just for God to complete what he has started... Wish us well.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 6:35pm On Feb 20, 2023
DAramis:

Yeah, PhD program.

Just allow them to do their thing. Hopefully, March is when they will start dropping those admitted in order to meet up with the government April 15th deadline for acceptance or rejection by those offered.

Sure, one hopefully will click.

I’m not really bothered like that . It’s just the anxiety especially knowing that I don’t have another option.

A friend at Tulane told me they are celebrating one holiday like that. Mrad grais or so which will end by March.

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (534) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.