Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (685793 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (534) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by akpeluikennavic: 6:11pm On Feb 24, 2023
Pls when traveling aboard which personal document should we go along with.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 6:13pm On Feb 24, 2023
Mail your grad coordinator to know if graduate assistanship is available
EarlMembo7:
I have been offered admission please how do I go about go about the part of funding?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Najdorf: 6:14pm On Feb 24, 2023
Dreamsss:

Omg, this is awesome news! Congrats, man!! Why wait for the others, when securing visa appointment is a tussle these days? Unless you want to do the i-20 update thing sha...big congratulations 👏👏
I have zero support from my family when it comes to southern schools lol. They dislike those southern states like anything.

I just applied there on my own volition. We'll see how it goes sha
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 6:24pm On Feb 24, 2023
Najdorf:
Heard back from some schools in the past few weeks. Got a full tuition scholarship from University of Southern Mississippi, Rejected from Lafayette, St. Olaf and Wooster. Waitlisted at Stetson(most likely due to applying rather late).

Still waiting on Brandeis and Case Western among others. We hope for better next month.

Congratulations
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 6:26pm On Feb 24, 2023
Najdorf:

I have zero support from my family when it comes to southern schools lol. They dislike those southern states like anything.

Southern schools are easier to get into and aside need blind schools, they offer a lot of need base and merit funding.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Roughfyzay(m): 7:16pm On Feb 24, 2023
Is Covid-19 vaccine required for an F1 visa interview and entry into the US?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 7:37pm On Feb 24, 2023
Roughfyzay:
Is Covid-19 vaccine required for an F1 visa interview and entry into the US?
Dunno for interview.
But it’s a requirement for non-US citizens/residents coming to the US. Naija immigration will give you trouble if u dont have vaccination card..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by EmmaEma: 7:40pm On Feb 24, 2023
BigIyanga:

Who is your sponsor in your 1-20?
Is this a fully registered biz cos biz accounts dont usually have personal names in their statements?

Fully registered business. I'm not using business account as I explained.
On I-20 it's family funds
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 7:57pm On Feb 24, 2023
EmmaEma:

Fully registered business. I'm not using business account as I explained.
On I-20 it's family funds
Your sister has to talk to her account office to add her name.. most importantly, ask her hubby to ask his account to include her name cos it seems he’s primary account owner. Bank can also give her a letter stating that she’s co-signatory to the account.

Also, it seems you may need an accountant to help you prepare a profit/loss statement for your sister.

It could be hard to convince VO that your sister is your sponsor without strong financial paperwork.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by YoungWizard007: 8:03pm On Feb 24, 2023
Zihno:

Hello, was it official Wes evaluation Marshal Uni asked for?

Nope
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Roughfyzay(m): 8:39pm On Feb 24, 2023
BigIyanga:

Dunno for interview.
But it’s a requirement for non-US citizens/residents coming to the US. Naija immigration will give you trouble if u dont have vaccination card..
Okay. Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ikelords(m): 9:14pm On Feb 24, 2023
Ormoretayour:
Good evening everyone, pls I was given an option frm two different school to apply for second degree as my HND cant go for masters program directly.. pls guyz kindly enlighten me more abt diz called second degree. Should I go ahead and accept d offer?
evaluate you hnd and Nd by Wes . No school will reject it.. straight masters in US

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 9:20pm On Feb 24, 2023
What are their reasons if you don't mind
Najdorf:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by EmmaEma: 9:29pm On Feb 24, 2023
BigIyanga:

Your sister has to talk to her account office to add her name.. most importantly, ask her hubby to ask his account to include her name cos it seems he’s primary account owner. Bank can also give her a letter stating that she’s co-signatory to the account.

Also, it seems you may need an accountant to help you prepare a profit/loss statement for your sister.

It could be hard to convince VO that your sister is your sponsor without strong financial paperwork.

Thank you for your response.

What if I just say my sister's husband is sponsoring my deficit?
Like...

"My sister's husband who is also my employer is sponsoring me, and my sister and her husband are both directors of the company"

What do you think?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 10:12pm On Feb 24, 2023
EmmaEma:

Thank you for your response.

What if I just say my sister's husband is sponsoring my deficit?
Like...

"My sister's husband who is also my employer is sponsoring me, and my sister and her husband are both directors of the company"

What do you think?
I thought u said no business account? Why are you making reference to her company and directorship without financial paper trail? You can be a director/promoter of a company and not be signatory to its account.
Your sister as a sponsor would raise less scrutiny than your brother inlaw.. but your sister’s name is not in the account. You have to find a way to make it less complicated.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 10:17pm On Feb 24, 2023
Sisib15:
What are their reasons if you don't mind
Cos people stereotype the south as educationally disadvantaged .
MS regarded as a ‘3rd world’ state in the US in education but Naija folks dont care. Lol. US college degree is an equalizer…employers dont look at your school once you are qualified and capable of doing the job.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by heavenisreal18: 10:18pm On Feb 24, 2023
Okay, sorry about that
Thank you for your response
Pls I will really need to understand the process
Do I process the visa first before applying to schools ,and again help me with what the budget looks like ,like how much do i need also do I need to go through agent.pls help me

Is IELTS needed before I start the applying
If you can give me examples of schools too I will really appreciate

BigIyanga:

Sorry, I no dey read private pm. Ask anything in the open here.. it’s a nameless forum, other knowledgeable people can help. 2 good heads are better than one.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by heavenisreal18: 10:31pm On Feb 24, 2023
Pls can you list some of the uni that accept HND for MSc

Nozino:

I got admitted into PhD programs with HND. There are several Unis that will accept HND into Msc direct. Some will ask for credential evaluation and you can use WES.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 10:33pm On Feb 24, 2023
Okay. Thank you
BigIyanga:

Cos people stereotype the south as educationally disadvantaged .
MS regarded as a ‘3rd world’ state in the US in education but Naija folks dont care. Lol. US college degree is an equalizer…employers dont look at your school once you are qualified and capable of doing the job.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 10:37pm On Feb 24, 2023
You can research it and the link has been posted on this thread countless times. Just research on it
heavenisreal18:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 11:09pm On Feb 24, 2023
heavenisreal18:

Okay, sorry about that
Thank you for your response
Pls I will really need to understand the process
Do I process the visa first before applying to schools ,and again help me with what the budget looks like ,like how much do i need also do I need to go through agent.pls help me

Is IELTS needed before I start the applying
If you can give me examples of schools too I will really appreciate

You have to apply to school first , when you get accepted, you will be given form I-20 to book visa appointment.

Here is a detailed info below infosoftlife:

Visit https://www.usnews.com

Search Universities offering [Program of choice] as seen in the photo attached.

You can even sort by lowest tuition fee or high enrollment rate.

This will help you narrow your search and visit the schools with high enrollment rates to see the required GPA and trust me, some programs will accept you regardless of your GPA.

Email the admission coordinator to assess if you stand a chance with your GPA, and work experience if the information is not clear enough on the school website.

I encourage you to do it yourself because time is money.

Drop a quote if you need further assistance as you start the process.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 2:52am On Feb 25, 2023
heavenisreal18:

Yale University, Cornell University, Columbia university, FAMU, UF, USF, UCF, Stevens institute of technology, Renseenlaer polytechnic institute, NSU. More than 1000 universities. Most will require Wes evaluation.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Retrovibes1: 1:54pm On Feb 25, 2023
Hi everyone, I need your help.
please I need a copy of student us visa denial blue slip (s214b)
I discarded mine when I was given, but now I urgently need to upload it for another application.
please send to shoesbyzii @ gmail.
Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by MamaOO: 6:49pm On Feb 25, 2023
BigIyanga:

Not entirely true. Your employer can file for your naturalization.
Also, you can file for yourself if you’re published/distinguished in your field.. your mentors/colleagues can write letter of recommendation for you. I think it's easier for STEM and healthcare applicants
Consult your immigration lawyer. My limited opinions are merely advisory. Good luck!
Employer can file a green card. They cannot file naturalization Oga
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 6:59pm On Feb 25, 2023
MamaOO:

Employer can file a green card. They cannot file naturalization Oga
Yes.. I mixed up GC and Naturalization… I doubt if someone can file for Naturalization without GC??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 8:25pm On Feb 25, 2023
FYI: The 10 worst-paying college majors, five years after graduation

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2023/02/25/worst-paying-college-majors.html

All college degrees no be mate. Be guided.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 8:32pm On Feb 25, 2023
FYI: The 10 highest-paying college majors, five years after graduation

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/02/20/highest-paying-college-majors.html

STEM no be your mate $$

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tallvictor23: 8:51pm On Feb 25, 2023
Retrovibes1:

Hi everyone, I need your help.
please I need a copy of student us visa denial blue slip (s214b)
I discarded mine when I was given, but now I urgently need to upload it for another application.
please send to shoesbyzii @ gmail.
Thank you.

You can go to the embassy in the evening time , you’ll definitely be able to get one in the area , car park , maybe a disposed one , or you can check for 214b blue slip pictures on Google or other apps , I’m sure you’ll see at the embassy tho

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TheNoble007(m): 6:04am On Feb 26, 2023
Hi Fam. Do anyone here live in Kent State?

Someone I know got full funding for PhD in Material Science and Engineering at the Liquid Crystal Institute of Kent State University and would like to know about the environ before deciding.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Horllad4229: 9:50am On Feb 26, 2023
Hi, you can message me on Whatsapp 08064164229.
I will snap and send you my US refusal letter
Retrovibes1:
Hi everyone.

I was refused a visa in 2021 and I lost my US student visa refusal letter. It is required for a student visa application I’m making to the UK, I was given a conditional offer to the school pending when I send the letter across. I have explained in a letter that I have lost the letter and stated the reason for my denial (home ties), but they’re still insisting on the letter, what do I do please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Horllad4229: 9:51am On Feb 26, 2023
Hi, you can message me on Whatsapp 08064164229.
I will snap and send you my US refusal letter
Retrovibes1:
Hi everyone.

I was refused a visa in 2021 and I lost my US student visa refusal letter. It is required for a student visa application I’m making to the UK, I was given a conditional offer to the school pending when I send the letter across. I have explained in a letter that I have lost the letter and stated the reason for my denial (home ties), but they’re still insisting on the letter, what do I do please?
. Hi

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (534) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: RaniOpe, Infiniteloop001

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.