Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (271) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (697167 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Finest10: 9:26pm On Mar 19, 2023
Good evening all,has anyone gotten and admission into Governor state University for undergraduate degree
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Rdfactor(m): 9:31pm On Mar 19, 2023
toluene23:
Date encouraged to be in US is tomorrow
I wasn’t granted an emergency appointment .
And it’s my second time of admission deferment.
Please how do I go about it?

I’ve spent a lot
W.Virginia.

Is that the end of the road to that admission?

Guru’s please advice

Are you resuming for fall or summer? If the date encouraged to be in the States is tomorrow And you've been denied an emergency visa, can you try to communicate This to your school again? Don't be thinking you're disturbing them too much, you are not.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Rdfactor(m): 9:37pm On Mar 19, 2023
Anfieldboss:

I applied for a PhD, I suspect they couldn't find a professor with TA/RA for me and they quickly discarded my application.

Even if professors don't have funding to take you in as RA, the department can take you in as TA. TAs roles are often assigned by departments from the department funding. They might have reached their admission quota for the term you're applying for. Sometimes they just don't have a good reason to discard your application other than we can't admit that much.

Shoot again
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ty888: 9:40pm On Mar 19, 2023
Rdfactor:

Looks good overall. But can you try to include the timeframe you have the two Masters degree? The officer might get confused, and When they're confused, they won't bother to clarify from you as they don't have time like that.

You already have an edge. For an F1 Visa, they most often just want to know how you'll cover the cost. With you assistantship, that is already covered.
Thank you, I will remember to do so.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lawal1555: 11:39pm On Mar 19, 2023
Greetings,

Please, I’m having a little challenge with my previous ds160. In 2016 when all hopes were down, I tried using an agent to secure a US visa. While filling out the ds160, he misrepresented me by putting the wrong institution and program without my knowledge; I discovered this error when I demanded a ds160 printout. I went for an interview, and I was denied; I stopped applying for any visa and started building my life.

Now I have secured admission with funding, how do I face the challenge of conflicting information on my previous and current ds160? Do I put my real institution because there is no way I would continue with the school he filled in the last ds160?

Please help me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Yhlopppp: 11:56pm On Mar 19, 2023
Hello everyone,

I'm not conversant with this thread unlike the Canadian student visa thread I'm really use to but please I would really appreciate our response

My mum told me just this evening about her plans to go to the USA for 6months on a work visa, I'm not so in support of this so I really need all information I can get while I take time to go through this thread to maybe discourage or encourage her if she has a chance

1. Please how would she go about it? She told me about her younger sister sponsoring her
2. I really don't want her using an agent cause she told me she already has one. Please is it something I can process for her? I mean like a DIY thing Do it Yourself
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Yhlopppp: 11:57pm On Mar 19, 2023
Hello everyone,

I'm not conversant with this thread unlike the Canadian study visa thread I'm really use to but please I would really appreciate our response. Because of how much information I get about the Canadian study visa that's why I thought of coming here

My mum told me just this evening about her plans to go to the USA for 6months on a work visa, I'm not so in support of this so I really need all information I can get while I take time to go through this thread to maybe discourage or encourage her if she has a chance

1. Please how would she go about it? She told me about her younger sister sponsoring her
2. I really don't want her using an agent cause she told me she already has one. Please is it something I can process for her? I mean like a DIY thing Do it Yourself

Please help a sister
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Senator27: 12:50am On Mar 20, 2023
Hello everyone,

I have been hearing about unavailability of date and I just bought my MRV, can I go ahead to create appointment and be of look out for date without filling my DS 160?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 12:59am On Mar 20, 2023
Illinois Tech Discover Day is 3/23. Meet faculty in your field, get financial aid info, info applying for app fee waivers and more. RSVP:

https://app.geckoform.com/public/#/modern/22FO00v1rqrc6v005xx4lrhcqu
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Rdfactor(m): 1:45am On Mar 20, 2023
Lawal1555:
Greetings,

Please, I’m having a little challenge with my previous ds160. In 2016 when all hopes were down, I tried using an agent to secure a US visa. While filling out the ds160, he misrepresented me by putting the wrong institution and program without my knowledge; I discovered this error when I demanded a ds160 printout. I went for an interview, and I was denied; I stopped applying for any visa and started building my life.

Now I have secured admission with funding, how do I face the challenge of conflicting information on my previous and current ds160? Do I put my real institution because there is no way I would continue with the school he filled in the last ds160?

Please help me.

I don't think there's an issue with this. If the only thing he misrepresented is the name of the school, then you're good because that One is long gone since you were denied. Now that you have a new school, go with that. So far it's not your name that was misrepresented
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lawal1555: 2:06am On Mar 20, 2023
Rdfactor:

I don't think there's an issue with this. If the only thing he misrepresented is the name of the school, then you're good because that One is long gone since you were denied. Now that you have a new school, go with that. So far it's not your name that was misrepresented

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 4:04am On Mar 20, 2023
Rdfactor:

Even if professors don't have funding to take you in as RA, the department can take you in as TA. TAs roles are often assigned by departments from the department funding. They might have reached their admission quota for the term you're applying for. Sometimes they just don't have a good reason to discard your application other than we can't admit that much.

Shoot again

Or their funding typically doesn’t cover TAs. Some schools require all graduate PhD students to serve as TA and as such do not have separate funding for TAs.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by iseoluwa89(m): 6:31am On Mar 20, 2023
I applied but yet to get decision from them.
Funnyman:
Please I need people who have been admitted to the University of Pittsburgh or if you are a current student of the University of Pittsburgh.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by kilankoazeez: 7:16am On Mar 20, 2023
Sisib15:
Send a mail

Sent you a mail already with my WhatsApp number.....
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Funnyman: 7:21am On Mar 20, 2023
iseoluwa89:
I applied but yet to get decision from them.
you will get decision soon, I have been admitted.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by toluene23(f): 7:26am On Mar 20, 2023
Rdfactor:

Are you resuming for fall or summer? If the date encouraged to be in the States is tomorrow And you've been denied an emergency visa, can you try to communicate This to your school again? Don't be thinking you're disturbing them too much, you are not.

Bro
It’s the second time the school assisted me in my deferred letter all coz of getting date and they adjusted my the resumption day upfront so that I will be able to get a date. My first letter was November last year and this second time the date on the letter was moved to March 13 to 20 and now I can’t find date and my emergency date was not approved again.

What should I do now?
Or is it possible to still be considered for deferment again the second time ?

Or it’s the end of the road?
And channel my energy on getting another admission again?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nikkygold4life(f): 8:41am On Mar 20, 2023
Good morning gurus in the house. May God reward the great work you're doing here. I just got issued my 1-20 form after gaining admision to study Masters in the US for August fall 2023. Please, I need help with this:
1. Do I fill my D 160 application now to book for interview? Is there a specific time lag to do this?
2. Is payment of SEVIS applicabe for all students to study in the US? And us there a particular time to make the payment?
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 8:42am On Mar 20, 2023
Oh okay. I have sent you the group links
kilankoazeez:

Sent you a mail already with my WhatsApp number.....
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 8:46am On Mar 20, 2023
You never know the outcome until you try. Just tell them that you can't get a date, they understand all these things and lagos has been releasing early dates but non in abuja. Message your school again. Don't give up yet. Pele!
toluene23:

Bro
It’s the second time the school assisted me in my deferred letter all coz of getting date and they adjusted my the resumption day upfront so that I will be able to get a date. My first letter was November last year and this second time the date on the letter was moved to March 13 to 20 and now I can’t find date and my emergency date was not approved again.

What should I do now?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jacknn: 9:30am On Mar 20, 2023
Gokoyer0:
Negative decisions and partially funded admission

Oh I get.. what was the lowest deficit you got for the partial funding last year pls?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Gokoyer0(m): 10:16am On Mar 20, 2023
25K USD
Jacknn:

Oh I get.. what was the lowest deficit you got for the partial funding last year pls?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Olawrites: 10:17am On Mar 20, 2023
Nikkygold4life:
Good morning gurus in the house. May God reward the great work you're doing here. I just got issued my 1-20 form after gaining admision to study Masters in the US for August fall 2023. Please, I need help with this:
1. Do I fill my D 160 application now to book for interview? Is there a specific time lag to do this?
2. Is payment of SEVIS applicabe for all students to study in the US? And us there a particular time to make the payment?
Thanks

1. You can book your interview without filling ds- form, please take your time to fill your ds form as any information you put can be used against you in the front of VO. Pay your Visa fee for now and look for closer day for your interview as date is getting scarce now.

2. Yes, it's compulsory you must pay. You need to pay it at most 72 hours to your interview day.

Don't forget to do mock interview to gain confidence.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Olawrites: 10:18am On Mar 20, 2023
toluene23:

Bro

What should I do now?

Pay a new mrv fee you'll get something fresh
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Olawrites: 10:19am On Mar 20, 2023
Senator27:
Hello everyone,

I have been hearing about unavailability of date and I just bought my MRV, can I go ahead to create appointment and be of look out for date without filling my DS 160?

ASAP
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nikkygold4life(f): 10:29am On Mar 20, 2023
God bless you sir, I appreciate
quote author=Olawrites post=121906523]

1. You can book your interview without filling ds- form, please take your time to fill your ds form as any information you put can be used against you in the front of VO. Pay your Visa fee for now and look for closer day for your interview as date is getting scarce now.

2. Yes, it's compulsory you must pay. You need to pay it at most 72 hours to your interview day.

Don't forget to do mock interview to gain confidence.

Good luck.[/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by EstherOA: 11:33am On Mar 20, 2023
Please who has been able to resolve the scheduling page issue of saying your request has been accepted. If you've kindly help

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Rdfactor(m): 11:51am On Mar 20, 2023
toluene23:

Bro

What should I do now?

It's not the end of the road. Things happen. Now you have many options!

(1) talk to the school again and see what can be done. You'll be amazed at how accommodating they want to be

(2) Your emergency appointment isn't limited to one slot I think 🤔. I'm not really sure about this but I think you can apply twice consecutively. It it's rejected twice, I think you will have to wait for 6 months

(3) another option is to start applying for schools again. It's not bad to have fall back options you know
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 12:04pm On Mar 20, 2023
That's not an issue if it's only educational information that was misrepresented.
Just do it by yourself this time with the current school.

Lawal1555:
Greetings,

Please help me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 12:11pm On Mar 20, 2023
You might have to look for work visa thread.
This is for students
Yhlopppp:
Hello everyone,

I'm not conversant with this thread unlike the Canadian study visa thread I'm really use to but please I would really appreciate our response. Because of how much information I get about the Canadian study visa that's why I thought of coming here

Please help a sister
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 12:15pm On Mar 20, 2023
You can defer as many times as possible but with a fee this time.
The schools know the challenges of international students including this one you are facing.
toluene23:

Bro

What should I do now?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 12:48pm On Mar 20, 2023
April 4 is available now in abuja over 15 slots. Guys, April is out in abuja embassy

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 1:36pm On Mar 20, 2023
See answers in bold
Nikkygold4life:

yes without it you can not book for interview

yes and must be paid 72hrs before the interview.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (539) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: Kehyinde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.