Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,472 members, 7,830,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (697285 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by DAramis: 7:30pm On Mar 17, 2023
Anfieldboss:

I've received two admits, still waiting for funding.
Okay bro. Just be hopeful.

As for mine, absolutely no news so far. STEM courses and admissions are definitely on another level all together.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 7:35pm On Mar 17, 2023

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 8:02pm On Mar 17, 2023
Sisib15:
Dreamss, how are you doing? Hope you are good

Sisi my sister...hmnnn. It's not been easy with profs and departments teasing me with assistantships...take, don't take, take, no wait... it's frustrating. But it's because my program is not always funded, otherwise, my vawulence would have since carried me to the promise land. It's not over sha.. let's wait for the 15th of the almighty April.

Las las, if way no way, I will carry statement to that embassy oo..I no de that one.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by kilankoazeez: 8:06pm On Mar 17, 2023
Idogoodluck:

Have you found any yet ?
Nope do you think one I could join
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Gokoyer0(m): 8:07pm On Mar 17, 2023
This time last year, i have received all the decisions and I am in STEM. I find it strange that i have not received any decisions for FALL till now.
DAramis:

Okay bro. Just be hopeful.

As for mine, absolutely no news so far. STEM courses and admissions are definitely on another level all together.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 8:12pm On Mar 17, 2023
Sisib15:
Hello Everyone, trust you are doing well. Spring break will soon be over, by next week admission and funding decisions will start rolling in.I pray we get that congratulatory news we all long for.

Anyway, I have been invited for an interview for a GTA position, please what should i prepare for? What are the likely questions that I should look forward to.

Amen oo.

Congrats in advance jare. Keep practicing your pitch on how you tutored students; your strategies to get them engaged, what you enjoy in it...you can use Google for basic teaching assistant questions. I don't think they ever go crazy as to ask really professional teachers questions, but go the extra mile, if you can.

Funny thing is that one woman told me she has an opening in January, without even any interview...then when I reminded her that I was admitted for the fall term, na she remember say na spring she de find...mscheww. Tease.
Of cos, I still de her neck like this..for toying with my emotions.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 8:13pm On Mar 17, 2023
grin I don dey prepare small small. I will check them out. Pele, I sure say you go don happy die when you saw her mail
Dreamsss:

Amen oo.

Congrats in advance jare. Keep practicing your pitch on how you tutored students; your strategies to get them engaged, what you enjoy in it...you can use Google for basic teaching assistant questions. I don't think they ever go crazy as to ask really professional teachers questions, but go the extra mile, if you can.

Funny thing is that one woman told me she has an opening in January, without even any interview...then when I reminded her that I was admitted for the fall term, na she remember say na spring she de find...mscheww. Tease.
Of cos, I still de her neck like this..for toying with my emotions.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 8:16pm On Mar 17, 2023
You received all decisions by this time last year. Why didn't you go if I may ask and why applying again
Gokoyer0:
This time last year, i have received all the decisions and I am in STEM. I find it strange that i have not received any decisions for FALL till now.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 8:17pm On Mar 17, 2023
Sisib15:
grin I don dey prepare small small. I will check them out. Pele, I sure say you go don happy die when you saw her mail

As innnnn...
My questions by now for be like when is Abuja releasing date oo and what not.. grin
I just surprise for that woman. Like can you not freaking read and see that I was talking about Fallllll?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 8:17pm On Mar 17, 2023
Send a mail
kilankoazeez:
Nope do you think one I could join
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 8:21pm On Mar 17, 2023
Anyway , I'm leveraging that to ask for fall slot...because she messed with my emotions..I no go gree for her. And it's a completely different department; Chemistry, that's why I de talk small small..but that one consign am undecided

Dreamsss:

As innnnn...
My questions by now for be like when is Abuja releasing date oo and what not.. grin
I just surprise for that woman. Like can you not freaking read and see that I was talking about Fallllll?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 8:33pm On Mar 17, 2023
grin grin Mehn, the way you are looking for assistanship that's how she's also looking for students hence her reaction. Abuja dates are not favorable for now. Na Nov 2023 dey pop up but Lagos had march today.

Date search no easy oo
Dreamsss:

As innnnn...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 8:41pm On Mar 17, 2023
Sisib15:
grin grin Mehn, the way you are looking for assistanship that's how she's also looking for students hence her reaction. Abuja dates are not favorable for now. Na Nov 2023 dey pop up but Lagos had march today.

Date search no easy oo

Yes, in that January she seemed to need someone. But now that a new batch would be in town, I might have to wait until she finishes giving her chemistry students and hope that her conscience will reserve one for me.

The date thing scares me too..but by April 15, I will determine which way to face, once and for all.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ty888: 8:43pm On Mar 17, 2023
Sisib15:
Check Adam consult.

Where do I check Adam consult please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 9:40pm On Mar 17, 2023
Nairaland
ty888:

Where do I check Adam consult please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by DAramis: 9:46pm On Mar 17, 2023
Gokoyer0:

As in, I was even shocked to see that March 15th has passed, and still nothing. From the look of things, it might be end of this month that most universities will push out decisions (probably from next week Monday for some universities).

It is well. Just chilling and waiting patiently.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Gokoyer0(m): 10:04pm On Mar 17, 2023
Negative decisions and partially funded admission
Sisib15:
You received all decisions by this time last year. Why didn't you go if I may ask and why applying again
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Emperoradrian(m): 11:08pm On Mar 17, 2023
HaleemahYinusa:

Have you gone for an interview before?

No I haven't, why do u ask
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 1:07am On Mar 18, 2023
haaryobhami:
Good afternoon house , a friend of mine is in a delima ,his present brp would expire on may 3rd but his passport has expired and the new one he applied for the collection date is may 16. He has been given COS but he can’t apply for tier 2 brp without a new passport and brp expires before he gets his new passport.
House please what can he do?
Pls I’m lost.. are sure this is the right place for this post?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Chocychoco: 2:06am On Mar 18, 2023
Anfieldboss:

New Mexico State University
Michigan Tech
University of Alabama
University of South Florida
Louisiana State Unversity
Kansas State University
University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee
University of Louisiana

There are many others that do not require WES evaluation. In fact, these universities will review your application with unofficial transcripts (that is a softcopy of your transcript uploaded during application) to make a decision. They will only request official transcripts after you have been admitted.

I applied to this university of wisconsin- Milwaukee last week and I received decision letter yesterday for MBA... you can try it out... Waiting for the conditions included in admission btw

1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by kanjiBo(f): 2:29am On Mar 18, 2023
Sisib15:
Congratulations on your offer!!

Get your I_20
Start your Date search
Pay your sevis fee
Join mock groups and go for your interview

Good day,

Please I need help on how to do a date search to get an earlier f1 interview date. Date given to my son is too far. Program start date is July 17 and he been rescheduled from September 12th to 22.

When I tried rescheduling, I got the message " request received etc. No dates shown.

Please help, hoping we can get an earlier date before having to result to requesting emergency appointment.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 5:56am On Mar 18, 2023
Yes you can get. Join date search group
kanjiBo:

Good day,

Please I need help on how to do a date search to get an earlier f1 interview date. Date given to my son is too far. Program start date is July 17 and he been rescheduled from September 12th to 22.

When I tried rescheduling, I got the message " request received etc. No dates shown.

Please help, hoping we can get an earlier date before having to result to requesting emergency appointment.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Anfieldboss: 7:09am On Mar 18, 2023
Chocychoco:

I applied to this university of wisconsin- Milwaukee last week and I received decision letter yesterday for MBA... you can try it out... Waiting for the conditions included in admission btw

I've received 4 admission decisions so far:

2 admits and 2 rejects. One of the rejects came from UWM.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 7:46am On Mar 18, 2023
Anfieldboss:

Infact, I find the UWM to be one of the weirdest schools I know. They were the second school that loved me up and a confirmation that some schools really just reject you even if you meet requirements (a lot do not sha). Their Panthera system for application is ambiguous and you never know where you're at in the application process. I applied in November and didn't get any notification, confirming payment or asking me to add a document or providing me with a timeline or anything whatsoever. Just dead silence, after collecting my money. Only for me to email admissions about it last week and they handed me love letter within two days. I guess I pissed them off. And their acceptance rate is above 89 percent or so. Now I'm scared to be asking schools for delayed decisions.

So you can imagine my surprise when that lady/guy up there, said that they gave her/him admission within a week! What a joke! That is one weird school, alright.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 7:50am On Mar 18, 2023
Chocychoco:

Interesting indeed. Congrats.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Chocychoco: 7:58am On Mar 18, 2023
Anfieldboss:

This schools are unpredictable... I received decision letter immediately my second reference approved my recommendation letter.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 8:03am On Mar 18, 2023
Chocychoco:

This schools are unpredictable... I received decision letter immediately my second reference approved my recommendation letter.

Another weird thing. I applied to the Health informatics program which claims not to need recommendation letter. No provision on their system for those as a matter of fact. But I was close to calling admissions to force my letters on them anyway cheesy...
They are just weird..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tkulthenoble: 8:22am On Mar 18, 2023
Omo! The same thing happened to me with the same school, I even paid application fee, did conference call with some of their Admission officers but dem still served me love letter even with high rate acceptance and same with Arizona University.
Dreamsss:

Infact, I find the UWM to be one of the weirdest schools I know. They were the second school that loved me up and a confirmation that some schools really just reject you even if you meet requirements (a lot do not sha). Their Panthera system for application is ambiguous and you never know where you're at in the application process. I applied in November and didn't get any notification, confirming payment or asking me to add a document or providing me with a timeline or anything whatsoever. Just dead silence, after collecting my money. Only for me to email admissions about it last week and they handed me love letter within two days. I guess I pissed them off. And their acceptance rate is above 89 percent or so. Now I'm scared to be asking schools for delayed decisions.

So you can imagine my surprise when that lady/guy up there, said that they gave her/him admission within a week! What a joke! That is one weird school, alright.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 8:28am On Mar 18, 2023
Tkulthenoble:
Omo! The same thing happened to me with the same school, I even paid application fee, did conference call with some of their Admission officers but dem still served me love letter even with high rate acceptance and same with Arizona University.

Hahahaha...imagine!! This UW Milwaukee de mad, I swear. And their requirements are just basic oo. Nonsense and ingredients

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by experience16: 10:43am On Mar 18, 2023
Zee28:

morning Beautiful people,

Please I need help, I have been trying to access the visa appointment website since last night but it keeps saying "Not found". Anyone experiencing same? or Am I using the wrong link?

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-appointmentschedule.asp

Please help. thank you.

And if there is any whatsapp group for Abuja date please add me 09088087320, thanks.

Good morning, I tried to log on to the same website yesterday and up till this morning, it is still displaying not found. Is the website down? I was ill and not be able to reschedule my appointment. Hopefully I will be able to reschedule it when the website is up and running. Or is there anything that I am doing that is not right? I need to reschedule as soon as possible.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by HaleemahYinusa(f): 10:45am On Mar 18, 2023
Emperoradrian:

No I haven't, why do u ask

Because there are other people I know that the rescheduling thing happened to and all of them have gone before but they were denied.

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (539) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: Younggee19, Instructor001(m), Ebywest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.