Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,575 members, 7,820,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (278) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (686234 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (534) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by kilankoazeez: 11:57am On Mar 24, 2023
HaleemahYinusa:
Good morning people. I want to post my proposed transcript here. Can I?

Yes you can go ahead, so people can help you peruse it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 12:06pm On Mar 24, 2023
You can work for 20hrs only on campus. To work outside while still in school you must have done one academic year (or 2 semesters) then you would be eligible for

Curriculum practical training aka internship or

if you declare financial hardship ( you do not want to go this route) then you will be granted Pre completion OPT ( 20hrs outside school)
NOTE
If you do this, it eats into your post completion OPT

Kenny4smart:

Thank you once again, the list of universities is inundating to be fair lol, but should be worth it anyways..

Now one last one please. Are you saying that there’s no legal way at all a student can be working part time (no matter how little) while studying without the OPT thing?
How do you guys do it please?

Because this is the opposite of what happens here in UK 🇬🇧. A student makes VERY GOOD money even while enrolled here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by iseoluwa89(m): 12:07pm On Mar 24, 2023
Good morning everyone,
I am currently residing in the UK, completed my Master's last yr and have a Phd admission from Texas Tech already but waiting on decision for GA and two other schs admission decision as well.
My concern is I don't know how scarce date is over here yet,so is it possible to book appointment date without having i-20 yet or filling ds-160.
Just trying to play safe so that I won't end up not getting a closer date b4 Fall intake from the schs.

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 12:10pm On Mar 24, 2023
What is your Bachelors in and your CGPA?
Environmental sciences/ Engineering is big here in this country

You will not regret it.

bomly:

Courses in environmental studies

Environmental engineering

Environmental technology

Environmental science

I just would like to know any naija friendly school. Anyway, im searching and reading old pages
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 12:18pm On Mar 24, 2023
Transcript please
emmybobo1:
I don’t understand this issue. I completed my interview on Tuesday and was successful. Today I received a message to pick up my passport at dhl. But while trying to schedule appointment with dhl the system says that my passport number doesn’t match their records, that I should make sure my DOB is correct. But everything is correct
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 12:20pm On Mar 24, 2023
Typical of our people.
They forget that some of us have no business been here but we are here helping.

Nazacynthia:
It’s unfair how, una no d post visa transcripts anymore but everyone wants to be helped.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 12:29pm On Mar 24, 2023
You are welcome.
YoungWizard007:

Chibertha, thanks for this
I joined the program, it was nice and insightful and I definitely gain a thing or two
And we were promised app fee waivers to apply for both Msc and PhD for fall 2023
Thanks...

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by caneberry: 12:32pm On Mar 24, 2023
emmybobo1:
I don’t understand this issue. I completed my interview on Tuesday and was successful. Today I received a message to pick up my passport at dhl. But while trying to schedule appointment with dhl the system says that my passport number doesn’t match their records, that I should make sure my DOB is correct. But everything is correct
I have the same issue
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by okomoney: 1:08pm On Mar 24, 2023
First and foremost, I am using this opportunity to thank the moderators, admins and participant in this forum for their effort in assisting and meeting the needs of many people all over the world. Please I need guide on how to get fully funded school in the USA. I Will be very grateful for comment or post in this regards. Thanks in advance
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by okomoney: 1:20pm On Mar 24, 2023
YoungWizard007:

Go for Nursing in the UK it is fully funded, in 3 years time you are done with no debt to pay and if you have any dreams with the US you can easily top your degree there and maybe get fully funded as well

Dear, can you share how to get or request for loans and also how to get fully funded school. Thanks in advance
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by HaleemahYinusa(f): 1:41pm On Mar 24, 2023
My proposed transcript.
My interview is next Friday.
Lagos Embassy.
Bs Nursing
University of Louisiana Monroe
COA-$32,778
Funding-$18,000
Deficit-$14,678

Why have you decided your studies in the United States of America?

The US is a top destination for Higher studies among international students and they have one of the best educational systems in the world which would give me the opportunity to get quality education for what I'm really passionate about. Also, a degree from the US is world recognized and this will give me an edge and enhance my employability when I come back to Nigeria to work.

Why did you choose your intended school?

I choose University of Louisiana Monroe because they were the only school that actually followed up with me and give me the best scholarship offer and getting into their hornors program made me more eager to choose them.

Why do you want a bachelor's degree in intended major?

I want to get into nursing because i am passionate about helping people. I'm a person who likes being challenged and a nursing career will provide that for me with all the different procedures I'm expected to learn and accomplish as a nurse.
I also like that this career will allow me to specialize in many different fields while also increasing my knowledge and this will help me use my strength of education and compassion to teach my patients on how to take care of their health. I love working with other people and knowing that I’m part of a work-family. Nurses come together to share their workload in a way that I find encouraging. I would love to be the kind of person who can be counted on by my colleagues, and who has a good support network as part of the job.

Why intended State?

I chose to go to school in Louisiana because The weather is not too different What I am used to Which means I'll be able to adjust quickly. Also It is one of the states thst borders Texas where my sister schools.

Do you have family and friends in the US?

Yes I do My sister is currently a student of the University of North Texas And my maternal uncle resides in Maryland.

As a nurse what will you be doing in any company you decide to work for?

As a nurse I will be The care provider responsible for patients full care, Ensure the right prescriptions are administered and that a patient understands and is prepared for treatment. When diagnostics results come in I would be the one to read them first and if necessary, immediately notify the appropriate doctor and since I plan to specialize in pediatric nursing i will be responsible for diagnoses and treatment of medical conditions in adolescents and children, and may administer minor procedures as required. I'll also provide education to family members by answering questions and providing follow-up information as needed.

Why do you think you deserve a visa to study in America?
I think I deserve this visa because it has always been a dream of mine to get a degree from the US as it'll opportune me to get quality education for what I am really passionate about and I'll be able to bring the knowledge and skills I acquire in the US back to Nigeria to play my part in improving the health sector.

What's will you do if you are denied this visa?

If I am denied I will respect the Wishes of the embassy and reapply.

What is a course credit? A course credits is a recognition by a University or College that a course of study has successfully been Completed.

How many course-credits do you require after your first year?

I require 33 credits after My first year

How many course credits do you need before you can be allowed to graduate?

I am required to take at least 120 course credits before I can graduate.

Can you name the courses you taking your first year?

I can name some of them. I will be taking Anatomy and physiology, general chemistry, college algebra, English composition, and psychology.

Who is sponsoring your education and what does you supposed to do for your living?

My dad Will be sponsoring me throughout my stay in the US and he is a senior manager,Operational and Trdae risks Unit at Bleep bank where he has been working for 15 years now.

Do you have siblings?

Yes, I have three siblings

Have you traveled out of Nigeria before and to where?

No I haven't been opportuned to travel out of Nigeria till now.

How many schools did you apply to?

I applied to four schools in Total. The university of Louisiana monroe, Norwich University, University of Michigan Flint and William Patterson University of New Jersey.

How many give you admission? And how many of them denied you?

They all accepted me.

What is common between all the schools you applied to?

They all have great nursing programs and scholarship offers.

How did you find out about all the schools you applied to?

I attended an online fair hosted by EducationUSA where I was able to talk to the representatives of the schools and I added them to my list.

What have you done concerning your major?

I took a non-certificate online course on clinical terminology which I believe will help me when I start clinical rotations.

What are your plans after graduation?

I plan to come back to Nigeria and first of all observe my one year of national service which is Mandatoryt for all first time graduates who are going to work here in Nigeria after which I plan to apply to work at hospitals and health centers in my hometown as there are some areas there where health care is still very poor. I would like to work in the pediatrics and maternal health units so I can play my part in reducing the mortality rate .I plan to use the skills and knowledge I acquire from the US to help reduce diseases such as malnutrition pneumonia,malaria and others. I'll use my strength of education and compassion to educate the families of patients on how to take care of the health of the patients.

Criticizing is very much welcome. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Donbigi2(m): 3:00pm On Mar 24, 2023
caneberry:
I have the same issue
Can you share your transcript?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Donbigi2(m): 3:01pm On Mar 24, 2023
okomoney:
First and foremost, I am using this opportunity to thank the moderators, admins and participant in this forum for their effort in assisting and meeting the needs of many people all over the world. Please I need guide on how to get fully funded school in the USA. I Will be very grateful for comment or post in this regards. Thanks in advance

You pretty much have to search on Google cos everyone's course is different.

Once you find the school, send cold mails to professors
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 4:53pm On Mar 24, 2023
HaleemahYinusa:
Good morning people. I want to post my proposed transcript here. Can I?
Go ahead.. and we’ll keep it 100%
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by klawaaa: 4:54pm On Mar 24, 2023
America is a land of illegal immigrants. Over 12 million illegal immigrants! Most of these people in the states work illegally and do the odd jobs like care givers, Uber, Amazon, doordash etc. Depending on the states, they have different state laws that allow undocumented immigrants to thrive. States like NY, MA, CO, CA among other blue states allow immigrants to work without work authorization. Most of these people work to survive and then find their way to adjust their status. So, being a student still give you more opportunity to survive. Shalom!
Kenny4smart:

Thank you once again, the list of universities is inundating to be fair lol, but should be worth it anyways..

Now one last one please. Are you saying that there’s no legal way at all a student can be working part time (no matter how little) while studying without the OPT thing?
How do you guys do it please?

Because this is the opposite of what happens here in UK 🇬🇧. A student makes VERY GOOD money even while enrolled here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by olazzxyz: 4:57pm On Mar 24, 2023
I got this message when I tried scheduling USA F1 visa appointment in Lagos "Your request to schedule an appointment has been received and will be reviewed. You will receive an email once your request is approved"

Is this a normal occurrence? if not what can be done?

Are there any WhatsApp groups where one can keep track of when interview dates are available?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by infosoftlife: 4:59pm On Mar 24, 2023
Goldenman2023:

Thank you. I have been able to apply for interview.

My resumption date is close so I applied for expedited/emergency interview date, but my request was rejected through an email yesterday.

Can I go ahaed and request again?

Please advise me on how best to go about this.

Also has anyone noticed that their website is down or maybe I am not clicking the right link.

I am afraid you can't.
Sorry about this.
When is your resumption date, and what embassy location?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kenny4smart(m): 5:31pm On Mar 24, 2023
chibertha:
You can work for 20hrs only on campus. To work outside while still in school you must have done one academic year (or 2 semesters) then you would be eligible for

if you declare financial hardship ( you do not want to go this route) then you will be granted Pre completion OPT ( 20hrs outside school)
NOTE

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by emmybobo1: 5:31pm On Mar 24, 2023
caneberry:
I have the same issue
I have collected mine already. Just go there with a valid id
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kenny4smart(m): 5:37pm On Mar 24, 2023
klawaaa:
America is a land of illegal immigrants. Over 12 million illegal immigrants! Most of these people in the states work illegally and do the odd jobs like care givers, Uber, Amazon, doordash etc. Depending on the states, they have different state laws that allow undocumented immigrants to thrive. States like NY, MA, CO, CA among other blue states allow immigrants to work without work authorization. Most of these people work to survive and then find their way to adjust their status. So, being a student still give you more opportunity to survive. Shalom!

The all-comprehensive answer I’ve been looking for. I believe there must certainly be a way but needed an insider to validate it.
God bless👍

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Marioboyz: 5:58pm On Mar 24, 2023
Good day everyone. Please anyone has the normal USA visa refusal slip ?. Please i lost mine since 2019 and i would appreciate anyone can help me with a copy. God bless
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by YoungWizard007: 6:30pm On Mar 24, 2023
okomoney:

Dear, can you share how to get or request for loans and also how to get fully funded school. Thanks in advance
Depends on the school, some schools you need to apply for loan or funding right after admission and some schools provide funding right after admission decision

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Donbigi2(m): 6:54pm On Mar 24, 2023
Kenny4smart:

The all-comprehensive answer I’ve been looking for. I believe there must certainly be a way but needed an insider to validate it.
God bless👍

Naija people just dey look for who will validate what they already believe. More grease to your elbow

Taking ok more jobs will sound nice in theory but trust me. Their academic style isn't like here. That you can just show up during exam.

You will f*ck your mental health, body too. Very very stressful. At least have your first year tuition before leaving

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Scholastica16: 6:55pm On Mar 24, 2023
chibertha:

NOTE

It depends on what you mean but this is not exactly true. Don't get me wrong on paper, you are correct however, the rule is not implemented this way.

As long as one has classes registered for a year, you can work outside of campus during your first year. I made this mistake by following the rule you have up there but I saw and met other Nigerians who came in same time as me or even later and many of them had internships a semester after they got in with no repercussions after they graduated.

I learned my lesson that way.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Donbigi2(m): 6:57pm On Mar 24, 2023
Scholastica16:
It depends on what you mean but this is not exactly true. Don't get me wrong on paper, you are correct however, the rule is not implemented this way.

As long as one has classes registered for a year, you can work outside of campus during your first year. I made this mistake by following the rule you have up there but I saw and met other Nigerians who came in same time as me or even later and many of them had internships a semester after they got in with no repercussions after they graduated.

I learned my lesson that way.

Why not look I to cpt? Doesn't that give you opportunity to work off campus?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 7:50pm On Mar 24, 2023
Kenny4smart:

God bless👍
Dont let those answers fool ya. Uber, Amazon and co will run an e-verify and background check on you… Mind you, most states, if your I-94 is out of status, you shall be refused driver’s license… so how can do uber, doordash, amazon and co without driver’s license?
Also, work authorization is a federal requirement and it cannot be overridden by state. Immigration is on the exclusive list… and cannot be concurrently administered by state… I’m talking from my limited night school knowledge. Consult your immigration lawyer!
With ur fancy degree… good luck competing with Hispanics with massive technical edge and experience over you.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 8:03pm On Mar 24, 2023
Donbigi2:

Naija people just dey look for who will validate what they already believe. More grease to your elbow

Taking ok more jobs will sound nice in theory but trust me. Their academic style isn't like here. That you can just show up during exam.

You will f*ck your mental health, body too. Very very stressful. At least have your first year tuition before leaving
U dey mind them oo… they’ll always over-value 4th-hand info obtained via unreliable sources over imperic and personal experiences enunciated by those who have done it.
Granted nobody knows it all, some come here with already made mindset.. lol
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kenny4smart(m): 8:53pm On Mar 24, 2023
Donbigi2:

That first paragraph was not necessary but thanks by the way. Meanwhile, I live and study in the UK and so, knows how studying works abroad to an extent, just so you know I didn’t ask those questions because I was st*p*d.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kenny4smart(m): 9:01pm On Mar 24, 2023
BigIyanga:

U dey mind them oo… they’ll always over-value 4th-hand info obtained via unreliable sources over imperic and personal experiences enunciated by those who have done it.
Granted nobody knows it all, some come here with already made mindset.. lol

I have asked an open question about something I do not know so that our people living in the state can contribute and advise. Why not make your own “imperic and personal experience borne contributions” if you live there and know better than making this comment. It’s well!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by EstherOA: 9:08pm On Mar 24, 2023
People who saw this request has been accepted thingy on their reschedule appointment page, have you been able to solve it?? What does it mean and how can it be fixed

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (534) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: Selfkontrol, Slimszy, Blackfinegirl(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.