Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (677260 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (529) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by tsamson(m): 6:33pm On Jul 08, 2022
V.O. Why is she not following you?

Me: There will be no reason for that as She is currently working at xxxy as a Senior Nurse, we have also agreed that she will take good care our child while am away, however, with the permission of my course advisor if it wouldn’t affect my academics, I will be visiting home during the long holidays.

V.O: Do you have family or relatives in the US

Me: no I do not have any family I know of.

The VO wants to be sure you not planning on bringing your wife to US so as not to elop with her there! You can also use that to your advantage by declaring such as ties with your home country

Also telling the VO you have a relative in the US who is staying there would send a message to your VO that you might also do the same! The F1 visa is a non immigrant visa which means you plan to return to your home country..

Bosses in the house can add or remove

Olu1991:
GOOD AFTERNOON, PLEASE I WANT ALL THE GURUS IN THE HOUSE TO CHECK MY TRANSCRIPT AND MAKE COMMENTS AND CORRECTIONS WHERE NECESSARY. I AM COUNTING ON YOU GUYS. I REALLY NEED HELP ON THIS. I ALSO NEED HELP ON MOCK INTERVIEW AND GUIDANCE. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

V.O: What are you going to the USA for?

Me: To pursue my Master’s Degree in Geographic Information Science at Michigan Technological University

V.O. Have you been to US before?

Me: No

VO: Have you traveled out of Nigeria Before

Me: No, I have had no reason to travel and I have been working and trying to build my profile.

VO: Why do you choose this School?

Me: My Mentor who is currently a Professor in the Department of Geography, University of Ilorin, Kwara State recommended Michigan Technological University because he had his Masters there and I have spoken with some faculty members in the Department and I am confident that its a right choice.

V.O: Why USA?

Me: Studying in the USA will expose me to different techniques of solving spatial problems as its being carried out in developed world
and this will be applied to my home country Nigeria.

V.O: Why do you choose this course?

Me: I was encouraged by the Managing Director of the Company to further my education in the field of Geographic Information Science,
it’s a requirement for promotion and this will also put me ahead of others during the promotion exercise and having an Masters in
Geographic Information Science will also make me to hold a leadership role in the Company.

VO: Where do you work presently?

Me: I work as a Geographic Information System Officer at xxxxy limited. A Company specialized
in Planning, mapping, remote sensing and photogrammetry. I have worked at the Company for 7 months now and I perform duties such as acquiring Spatial data using Satellite imagery and aerial surveying, processing and visualization of spatial data using geospatial softwares such as
Arcgis, also I am involved in Database design and Management and GIS training on available GIS Software packages.

V.O: do you have a study leave?

Me: Not yet. This is pending getting my visa approval

VO: Were you previously employed?

Me: Yes, I worked at xxxxxy from September 2017 to December 2021 where I worked as an Administrative Officer. I decided to leave the job so that I can pursue my dream career in the
field of Geographic Information Science. I am happy to make use of my experiences in GIS on the field to solving societal challenges.

VO: What will you do when you graduate?

Me: After my masters, I will return to NIGERIA to resume my duties in my current place of work and after some months I will earn a promotion
to Senior GIS Officer which is a higher and leadership role in the company. But on the long-run, I want to set up a Geospatial Company
which will focus on building solutions and services for the 21st Century and will also connect business and decision makers to a world
of data and solutions. I am committed to having this career that will enable me to mentor and lead young graduate who have chosen this career path.

VO: Who is sponsoring you?
VO: So what kind of business does he do?.

Me: My biological Brother is sponsoring me, he owns 2 Companies in the name of xxxxy Limited which specializes in the Importation of
cars and spare parts of vehicles from USA and Europe with offices in 3 States, Lagos, Ilorin and Abuja and Comfort farms with 10,000 poultry
birds in Ilorin, kwara state. He has 5 landed properties put up for rent in Ilorin, Kwara State. I also have personal savings saved for
this program.

V.O: When did you get married? How many kids?

Me: 2017 and one child.

V.O: When did you know each other:

Me: 2013

V.O. Where does your wife work?

Me: She is currently working at xxxxy as a Senior Nurse.

Me: She is currently working at xxxy as a Senior Nurse, however, she will be visiting me anytime she is on Annual leave.

Me: Yes

V.O: What does he do?

Me: He owns a big African Store in Texas, USA.

V.O. How did you hear about Michigan Tech.

Me: The School was recommended by my Mentor, a Professor of Geography in University of Ilorin, Kwara State. who attended the School years
back and I also have a friend who is currently a Masters Student in
the School.

V.O. What Course did study at Undergraduate?

Me: I studied Geography at University of Ilorin, Kwara State from 2009 to 2013 and Post Graduate Diploma in Geographic Information Science at Federal School of Surveying from 2015 to 2016.

V.O. Who are your supervisors?

Me: Drs. Xxxy and xxxz

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kuroko122: 6:35pm On Jul 08, 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Greattestman: 6:39pm On Jul 08, 2022
Anayo681:

I sent you an email yesterday night. Your number is not on WhatsApp. Pls how is the mock gonna be?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Greattestman: 6:40pm On Jul 08, 2022
CreativeWeb:

What's your email? Mine is praying4breakthrough[@]gmail.com
check your email

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Reubyyy: 6:47pm On Jul 08, 2022
You can fill another ds160 and send a mail to the cgi guys to change it from their end if you think the change is that important to affect the outcome of your interview. This is only possible if your interview date is still more than 72 hours.
Da123:
Good Morning Guys,

I am applying as F1 with my wife as F2. There is something about her work that has changed but I figured there is no way to update DS-160 ref on the Visa portal for dependent(f2) since we are attending interview together.

Anyone with how to go about this?? Or she can just explain during the interview?

Thanks in anticipation
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sauce22: 7:27pm On Jul 08, 2022
[quote author=Nozino post=11412741please can you coach me on how you used your HND to get admitted into PhD program because I have hnd and I graduated with 3.25
My number 08146682006

I got admitted into PhD programs with HND. There are several Unis that will accept HND into Msc direct. Some will ask for credential evaluation and you can use WES.[/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Greattestman: 7:34pm On Jul 08, 2022
Olu1991 you can quote me if you need mock interview.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sauce22: 7:38pm On Jul 08, 2022
Transcript
Lagos: denied July 8 (10am)
COA : 25,782
Bachelor degree

Me: goodmorning, how are you doing? I passed my passport and 120

Vo: goodmorning, I'm fine thank you..then he just keeps typing.

Vo: who is sponsoring you?

Me:my mom , she earns 72 million naira annually from her three business..she has a PRIVATE school with 530 students and 40 staff, she also has business in supply of different kinds of food items in bags and cartons, she supplies to restaurant and she also sells in retail and wholesale..and she is also a consultant , she renders service to school by training teachers on effective teaching.

Vo: he keeps typing and just issued me the blue paper
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ayoola222: 8:08pm On Jul 08, 2022
Greattestman:
Olu1991 you can quote me if you need mock interview.

Please, I need help on the available interview dates for F1 visa this month of July.

My resumption is in August.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Greattestman: 8:55pm On Jul 08, 2022
Ayoola222:

Please, I need help on the available interview dates for F1 visa this month of July.

My resumption is in August.
Sorry, I am not on dates search group.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 9:00pm On Jul 08, 2022
[quote author=Sauce22 post=114547472][/quote]

Hello, the first step is to evaluate your HND with Wes, write gre and apply to universities that accept Wes evaluations. Most PhD in the US admit students with just Bsc and Wes evaluates HND to be the equivalent of an American bachelors degree.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Myfavour22: 9:44pm On Jul 08, 2022
Da123:
Good Morning Guys,

I am applying as F1 with my wife as F2. There is something about her work that has changed but I figured there is no way to update DS-160 ref on the Visa portal for dependent(f2) since we are attending interview together.

Anyone with how to go about this?? Or she can just explain during the interview?

Thanks in anticipation

You can retrieve the old ds, fill a new one for her and then call the Us embassy customer care on +23412278955, they can update it for you. Then print another appointment confirmation from the website with the new ds. This is what I did.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by VivaceET: 10:39pm On Jul 08, 2022
Please, If you are going to East Carolina University in fall 2022, kindly send a message! It's super urgent.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by krcboy(m): 1:07am On Jul 09, 2022
Sauce22:
Transcript
Bachelor degree

Me:my mom , she earns 72 million naira annually from her three business..she has a PRIVATE school with 530 students and 40 staff, she also has business in supply of different kinds of food items in bags and cartons, she supplies to restaurant and she also sells in retail and wholesale..and she is also a consultant , she renders service to school by training teachers on effective teaching.

was this all you were asked? and what school did u apply to?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by krcboy(m): 1:10am On Jul 09, 2022
Sauce22:
Transcript
Bachelor degree

what did you write on ur ds160? on ur sponsor?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sauce22: 2:53am On Jul 09, 2022
Yes that's the only question and sponsor on my ds160 and 120 says mother as sponsorquote author=krcboy post=114554414] was this all you were asked? and what school did u apply to? [/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sauce22: 2:54am On Jul 09, 2022
On my ds160 and 120 states mother as sponsor
krcboy:

what did you write on ur ds160? on ur sponsor?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sauce22: 2:56am On Jul 09, 2022
The university of southern Mississippi
krcboy:
was this all you were asked? and what school did u apply to?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Olu1991: 5:27am On Jul 09, 2022
Thanks I appreciate

tsamson:

Me: There will be no reason for that as She is currently working at xxxy as a Senior Nurse, we have also agreed that she will take good care our child while am away, however, with the permission of my course advisor if it wouldn’t affect my academics, I will be visiting home during the long holidays.

The VO wants to be sure you not planning on bringing your wife to US so as not to elop with her there! You can also use that to your advantage by declaring such as ties with your home country

Also telling the VO you have a relative in the US who is staying there would send a message to your VO that you might also do the same! The F1 visa is a non immigrant visa which means you plan to return to your home country..

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Olu1991: 5:32am On Jul 09, 2022
Okay Thanks

CreativeWeb:

You may need to mention your brother's annual income and staff strength.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by FineDragon(m): 11:34am On Jul 09, 2022
Please how can I schedule and apply for visa interview by Early September, most especially the 5th of September, please guru's in the house assist me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by koczee: 11:42am On Jul 09, 2022
Pls add 0701 836 2771 to Lagos date WhatsApp group. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by UmmZayd: 12:26pm On Jul 09, 2022
Olu1991:
Thanks I appreciate

If your family will be visiting you during your studies,say they will visit you when asked. If they won't and you will be the one visiting, then it's fine. Don't shoot yourself in the leg. They keep records.

Best of luck

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Cynoge: 1:40pm On Jul 09, 2022
Good afternoon house.
I submitted 2 bank statements to the school and the both sponsors name is on my i20 but in my DS form is one of the sponsors I filled and I plan on mentioning only that one on the day of interview because he is the main sponsor. Will that be a problem ? Do I have to talk about the 2?
Please I need your opinions
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sammirano: 3:05pm On Jul 09, 2022
Sauce22:
Transcript
Bachelor degree

How old are you?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by isangjohnson: 3:07pm On Jul 09, 2022
[quote author=Greattestman

Thanks sir
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Southsidebro: 3:29pm On Jul 09, 2022
tsamson:

You shouldn’t say you have relatives in the United States. The answer should always be No
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by drakura: 4:13pm On Jul 09, 2022
Please how do i join Abuja group search date
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Anayo681(m): 4:54pm On Jul 09, 2022
Greattestman:
it's gonna be thru call. 07087697805

Hello � Greattestman, i called this evening. I wanted know the possibility of mocking me on tuesday?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Olu1991: 4:57pm On Jul 09, 2022
Okay thanks

Southsidebro:
You shouldn’t say you have relatives in the United States. The answer should always be No
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by zellfoxx: 5:02pm On Jul 09, 2022
Hi all,

If you’ll be attending Western Illinois University (WIU) from Fall 2022 onwards, send a PM to be added to our WhatsApp group. Or join with the QR code below.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lordpyruvate: 6:54pm On Jul 09, 2022
Could you add me to the WhatsApp groups for Abuja interview dates? My number is +2348063414146 Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (529) (Reply)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

Viewing this topic: sunspartech, ARISTOCRATDAMMY1(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.