Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (674978 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (528) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 3:31pm On Apr 23, 2023
ricskydiva07:
For an applicant that has been previously denied, does he or she really need to change school?

Nope.
You can post your denied transcript to be critiqued or … you can go solo and wing it. Good luck

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by kodilyjoe: 4:22pm On Apr 23, 2023
grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Abisolador: 5:02pm On Apr 23, 2023
Does anyone know the closest date released by Lagos embassy?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 6:30pm On Apr 23, 2023
kodilyjoe:
For Abuja date searchers, contact me personally. The link is not working here.
So wetin be the magic fingers wey u get … wey u no fit post here??
Buyers dey careful ooh

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 6:32pm On Apr 23, 2023
yamunla:
Hi guys..

I seriously need your advice.

I tried the care job route last month.

I did ielts ( general UKVI)-scored band 6
TB test
I did some care course online and in Nigeria and got 2 work reference so I can use it to support my application.

The problem started when some video surfaced online that UK is no more accepting care workers from Nigeria.

My sister that wanted to fund the travel opted out because she was scared.

Now I don't want my ielts and TB test to waste like that.

I need advice on a country I can apply to and do it myself with a saving of 3M..

I DONT WANT AGENT STUFF PLEASE

I will appreciate all your advice/ responses.
This seems to be the wrong place for u. This is for students traveling to US for school not work. Good luck

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by kodilyjoe: 6:47pm On Apr 23, 2023
BigIyanga:

So wetin be the magic fingers wey u get … wey u no fit post here??
Buyers dey careful ooh

I have pasted the group link here and folks said it was not working. I guess a direct dm to their numbers will be better. Just trying to help.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by infosoftlife: 6:52pm On Apr 23, 2023
ricskydiva07:
For an applicant that has been previously denied, does he or she really need to change school?

Then you have to defend the reason why you changed schools.
If you can get funding from the new school, that will be a more convincing reason.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 7:38pm On Apr 23, 2023
kodilyjoe:

I have pasted the group link here and folks said it was not working. I guess a direct dm to their numbers will be better. Just trying to help.
Ok Thank you!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by julietamaz(f): 11:04pm On Apr 23, 2023
Please how much is the visa fee at gtb bank? Please who has an idea
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by segsdynamic: 11:11pm On Apr 23, 2023
julietamaz:
Please how much is the visa fee at gtb bank? Please who has an idea

Presently, it's 72,000 but from 1st May onward, it will be 85,000

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ctemi(f): 12:27am On Apr 24, 2023
Hello, attached is copy of message I got from UStraveldocs.com website anytime I try to create account for appointment. Pls anybody know how to go about it should kindly help.
Thanks

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NaMe4C: 1:39am On Apr 24, 2023
Hello.
Please, I am in need of your advice.
For my F-1 Visa processing, my mom is my sponsor.
She had applied for USA visa 5years ago, but was denied. During her application for the visa, she listed all her children as her family tie in Nigeria.

Would the VO be able to trace my other siblings through my sponsor's (mother) data as she had applied for a US visa before?
I ask because I do not wish to disclose any of my siblings at the interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Wiszx: 3:04am On Apr 24, 2023
@kodilyjoe
Hello Sir,
I was in northern Cyprus for an undergraduate studies and majoring in Software Engineering early last year but returned back to Nigeria after my first year as a result of the hardship to foreigners in the country to process for another undergrad studies majoring in Computer Engineering for America.
The big question is will they know my visa type to Cyprus if i dont tell them and will i also be quarried about why i changed from Software Engineering to computer Engineering during my F1 visa interview ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by bemagnify: 3:52am On Apr 24, 2023
bemagnify:

I would like to contact you privately. I have some questions regarding PHD that need some clarifications

Please WhatsApp me via my signature or better still drop ur WhatsApp contact
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Najdorf: 3:59am On Apr 24, 2023
folamorgan:

If you were there, all these give contexts, this woman did not allow words to come out of my mouth. Once she asked a question and I'm about to give an answer, she shuts me immediately. She just fought with one elderly woman that was arguing with her about the fact that she has businesses to run in Nigeria, that why should she deny her, I guess the white woman was still emotional about that.
Assuming she allowed words out of my mouth, I know what to say, I have practicalised the whole things, using different scenarios, watching several YouTube even consulted with more than twenty former visa officers on Argo.
And on brother thing, she asked a direct question of who will take care of my companies when I left, as soon as I mentioned my brother, she shut me immediately. I wanted to give details. Even, the answers I gave I forced them out of my mouth when I understand what she might do, I wanted to see if she could hear them, probably she could change her mind.
I knew I had to give context to my answers and even link where necessary, like when how many school did you choose, I can list the schools after giving her the answer and immediately talk about why I choose the school and how the study in that school will impact my companies. I knew that ad she asked for what I do after answering her I should link my answer to how the skills I acquire will be of benefits to my companies. All these I have mastered but these can only be useful when you have someone that's ready to listen or hear you out. In her case, she has lost interest in the whole entire process of interviewing people that day. You can see the anger in her face. She was just asking unrelated questions and giving blue paper. The only related questions she asked me were
What do I do?
Who is your sponsor?
And towards the end she remembered that she had to ask me about the number of school I chose.
As I understand based on over hundred transcripts that I printed out both on this site and other sites, she was suppose to ask for intent questions, home ties questions and sponsor question (she did but did not care to listen).
She avoided the intent and home ties questions and every attempts by me to maneuver my answers to those directions were thwarted by her instantly. Listening was no longer her thing for that day again
Just reapply. You'll surely get it.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by GirlyLois(f): 11:53am On Apr 24, 2023
Olawrites:
Good to be back from Nairaland Jail, all these while I'm only viewing this thread but can't comment.

Anyone applied to Georgia Southern University here??

yes
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kwamentim3: 12:16pm On Apr 24, 2023
Good afternoon, please permit me to ask this again.
Please can I book for visa appointment without having my I-20?
Your kind response will be heavily appreciated

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by rerhji(m): 2:08pm On Apr 24, 2023
Hello house, I will like to inquire if there is a stipulated amount of time one must have applied earlier for visa interview before one can apply for an emergency visa appointment
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 4:07pm On Apr 24, 2023
You would have used the time you are using to ask this question to try it on your portal.
If it goes through fine, if it doesn't then you wait for the document.
That is what I will do in this situation.
Life is either yes or no, nothing go spoil.

Kwamentim3:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by FK2022: 6:06pm On Apr 24, 2023
Please guys I'm trying to get f1 interview date. I don't mind Lagos or abuja.
I'm open to all the tips on how to get an early date without using an agent.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Roughfyzay(m): 7:19pm On Apr 24, 2023
Please house, who has link to the date search group? I was denied in Lagos in March. I’ve been trying to secure another date either in Abuja or Lagos but unable to do so. Kindly help with the group link.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kwamentim3: 7:57pm On Apr 24, 2023
Thank you for your response
chibertha:
You would have used the time you are using to ask this question to try it on your portal.
If it goes through fine, if it doesn't then you wait for the document.
That is what I will do in this situation.
Life is either yes or no, nothing go spoil.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Joiceee(f): 7:59pm On Apr 24, 2023
Hello guys! Please I need your input on this matter. After I applied for a Master's program, a professor reached out to me for an interview. During the interview, he mentioned that there was a research assistantship position if I get in. Shortly after the interview, he emailed me that I have been accepted, and an official acceptance letter would be forwarded to me. The thing is I have received the acceptance letter but it says nothing about funding, I have emailed the prof twice on the funding letter but no response. Please what do I do? 🥺🥺🥺

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jahard: 8:31pm On Apr 24, 2023
wait for his response
Joiceee:
Hello guys! Please I need your input on this matter. After I applied for a Master's program, a professor reached out to me for an interview. During the interview, he mentioned that there was a research assistantship position if I get in. Shortly after the interview, he emailed me that I have been accepted, and an official acceptance letter would be forwarded to me. The thing is I have received the acceptance letter but it says nothing about funding, I have emailed the prof twice on the funding letter but no response. Please what do I do? 🥺🥺🥺
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Rachy12345(f): 9:35pm On Apr 24, 2023
Hello guys,please anyone who has the mock interview link should please share it here or dm me. Also if you have the Lagos date search group link kindly share...Abeg 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Chingbo: 11:07pm On Apr 24, 2023
Congratulations to her. Which department and does she have funding?
aydebbie:
Hi all, I need you all experiences

My sister just got accepted at georgia southern university for fall semester.

I would like to know more about the next steps, i.e., what documents are needed to get to the embassy interview stage.

And how she can join the mock interviews and if possible ideas on how to get help to boost the sponsor statements of account.

Thank you all in advance.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by vicdom(m): 1:41am On Apr 25, 2023
kodilyjoe:

Please add me 08036067676
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by kodilyjoe: 1:55am On Apr 25, 2023
Wiszx:
@kodilyjoe
Hello Sir,
I was in northern Cyprus for an undergraduate studies and majoring in Software Engineering early last year but returned back to Nigeria after my first year as a result of the hardship to foreigners in the country to process for another undergrad studies majoring in Computer Engineering for America.
The big question is will they know my visa type to Cyprus if i dont tell them and will i also be quarried about why i changed from Software Engineering to computer Engineering during my F1 visa interview ?

I’m not really an expert in this area. I hope someone who knows better responds to it soon.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by kodilyjoe: 1:58am On Apr 25, 2023
Joiceee:
Hello guys! Please I need your input on this matter. After I applied for a Master's program, a professor reached out to me for an interview. During the interview, he mentioned that there was a research assistantship position if I get in. Shortly after the interview, he emailed me that I have been accepted, and an official acceptance letter would be forwarded to me. The thing is I have received the acceptance letter but it says nothing about funding, I have emailed the prof twice on the funding letter but no response.
Please what do I do? 🥺🥺🥺

Find the department’s chair person’s email and explain your situation. Copy every e-mail possible you find on the department’s page. Your email has to be civil and pleasant for faster response.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by petertunde(m): 8:30am On Apr 25, 2023
Kwamentim3:
Yes. You just need visa fee reference number and ds-160 application number, not necessary your submit
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kwamentim3: 9:09am On Apr 25, 2023
This is good to hear because I want to find a good date
petertunde:

Yes. You just need visa fee reference number and ds-160 application number, not necessary your submit

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (528) (Reply)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

Viewing this topic: ogeoflyf(f), MrGovernor21, Somatohadidas(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.