Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,868 members, 7,828,091 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (694879 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by bemagnify: 5:22am On Apr 22, 2023
TenaciousOrphan:
URGENT ASSISTANCE FROM ANYONE SCHOOLING IN FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY
I have a 5th fully funded PhD admissions from FSU (was previously waitlisted) and is my top choice. I have accepted a previous admissions with funding from another school. But I want to know the average cost of a 1bedroom (I am married with a kid) in Tallahassee Florida, before reneging on the previous admissions in UNIV IF NEBRASKA LINCOLN....which has low cost of living. I am changing because of the cold in Lincoln because of my health. I am asthmatic. Any kind response will be appreciated. 08022210700. Thanks. Stipend is 22,600 for FSU, and 23,200 for Lincoln NEBRASKA. Both are full.

I would like to contact you privately. I have some questions regarding PHD that need some clarifications
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by PeachtreeReside(f): 6:13am On Apr 22, 2023
Kindly advise.

An Aunt of mine got some folks in the US who want to pay for her daughter's tuition .

The daughter is 22yrs and a part 2 Student in Nigeria.

She was asked to say she is not in school u
yet just helping her mum at her business.

I told her that it might make her look less worthy a candidate to come and study in the US.

I told her to tell the daughter to say she is in school but would want to study abroad in order to graduate earlier than her peers.

Kindly advise please.

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mayorxyneyo: 7:46am On Apr 22, 2023
Anybody got admissions result or interview session with New Mexico State University for PhD (Fall 23) till now, please? Admission status still under review...to move on or to stay expectant?😁
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by kodilyjoe: 7:59am On Apr 22, 2023
Hi everyone,

Been a silent reader here. Thanks for your educative comments. I have a question. I am an F1 in the US. My husband and kids and in Nigeria and applying for their F2 visas. I filled the DS-160 forms for all 3 of them because my husband is busy. So, he reviewed the forms and edited some details from his end. For the question (who helped you to fill this form) I responded that I did and filled in my name. And we submitted. Now, an F2 advisor I asked suggested that we should retrieve the forms and respond that he filled them himself.

Has anyone been in this situation or knows anything about this? If we retrieve the forms and change the answer, isn’t the 1st answer already recorded in their system? I appreciate your responses🙏

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by folamorgan(m): 8:01am On Apr 22, 2023
Please, is there anybody that applied for f1 visa recently like this month and has gotten a date for next month. Then, I want to know for f2 visa too.
Then, for Abuja embassy, how is it going with early appointment dates? Thanks nairalanders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by folamorgan(m): 8:05am On Apr 22, 2023
kodilyjoe:
Hi everyone,

Been a silent reader here. Thanks for your educative comments. I have a question. I am an F1 in the US. My husband and kids and in Nigeria and applying for their F2 visas. I filled the DS-160 forms for all 3 of them because my husband is busy. So, he reviewed the forms and edited some details from his end. For the question (who helped you to fill this form) I responded that I did and filled in my name. And we submitted. Now, an F2 advisor I asked suggested that we should retrieve the forms and respond that he filled them himself.

Has anyone been in this situation or knows anything about this? If we retrieve the forms and change the answer, isn’t the 1st answer already recorded in their system? I appreciate your responses🙏
My opinion based on listening to over 20 former visa officers, as long as you have not used it to get appointment date, the visa officer cannot see it. The ones you have filled is in the database of ceac but the visa officer can only see the one you used to get an appointment date. That's all.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by kodilyjoe: 8:06am On Apr 22, 2023
She can use ASUU strike as a reason because of its many delays. But you can hear what others think too.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by engrcorrect: 8:16am On Apr 22, 2023
mayorxyneyo:
Anybody got admissions result or interview session with New Mexico State University for PhD (Fall 23) till now, please? Admission status still under review...to move on or to stay expectant?😁

No news ooo..i applied for PhD in Chemical Engineering. YOU?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by krcboy(m): 9:02am On Apr 22, 2023
PeachtreeReside:
Kindly advise.

An Aunt of mine got some folks in the US who want to pay for her daughter's tuition .

I told her that it might make her look less worthy a candidate to come and study in the US.

I told her to tell the daughter to say she is in school but would want to study abroad in order to graduate earlier than her peers.

Kindly advise please.

Thank you

Honest opinion , it all depends on when she finished high school. If she says she finished in 2015 for instance she has to be able to defend what she has been doing since she finished highschool which might make it complicated bcause thats 8 years of helping helping her mum in her business and then further raises the question why do you wanna go for a degree now, but on the other hand, If she is in school already then its easily justified that strikes and what not has been a major factor for her to consider studying abroad, even better if shes transferring from her current uni to the one abroad. just my thoughts. Has she gotten admitted? When did she finish highschool?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ibks100(m): 9:24am On Apr 22, 2023
aydebbie:
Hi all, I need you all experiences

My sister just got accepted at georgia southern university for fall semester.

I would like to know more about the next steps, i.e., what documents are needed to get to the embassy interview stage.

And how she can join the mock interviews and if possible ideas on how to get help to boost the sponsor statements of account.

Thank you all in advance.

Check the thread backwards
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 10:12am On Apr 22, 2023
#copied

*VISA APPROVED*
God did 😭🙏👏

Southern Illinois university
COA: $40,000
No funding
Course: funeral services and mortuary science,
First and last attempt.

First of all I want to return all glory to God for everything, I want to tell you reading this that all powers belong to Jesus Christ, I have expirenced another miracle in my life today, put all your trust in God, he liveth and he can do all things,
Prayer is the key, I have been praying since January till now about my interview I fasted throughout the past 3 months and my lovely mom backed me up as well.

I got in to the embassy by 6:00AM when I got to the embassy I went somewhere and prayed I told God Abuja will favour me, I picked some sands after praying I dropped the sands.

Me: Good morning ma'am,

VO: Good morning, how are you doing, ma'am I'm pretty good.

VO: which course are you going for?

Me: funeral services and mortuary science.
(She was shocked, I noticed her reaction and I told her my mother is mortuary , sorry my mother owns 3 mortuaries, and she makes use of old method, but I'm going to XYZ to learn a new method on the preservation of the corps, that each mortuaries contains 150- 200 coprs, at this point I was just talking rubbish fear catch this woman, she asked me so how did my mom embalm here in Nigeria?

Me: once person dies I understand how the family feels she said No, like I should tell her how my mom do embalm.
I told her if someone dies she will first of all give the dead body Injection and everything dries before she will now apply the embalming cream.

I just keep quiet she was typing she asked what's the name of the mortuary I told her, I ask her ma'am did you need any other information she said No, No No,
She was busy typing, Omo at this point I was looking at her hand, she carry pen wey dey on top of the blue papers my heart come fly, but I was very bold also demonstrating with my hands like sabinus😭
she moved her hands towards the white papers carry one give me, na so God run am for me 😥😭👏👏, within 2 minutes.

I want to thank God almighty for his grace in my life 😭😭😭

Thank you so much and God bless you @⁨Olubukola_O⁩
Thank you all who supported me in one way or the other.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Najdorf: 10:33am On Apr 22, 2023
TenaciousOrphan:
Thanks at Biggylanga, I have use these comparison search on Google. But I want.to speak to someone currently in Tallahassee to know the real situations of things.

Thanks.
Try messaging a Nigerian student at that location on LinkedIn
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Najdorf: 10:35am On Apr 22, 2023
Sisib15:
#copied

*VISA APPROVED*
God did 😭🙏👏

Southern Illinois university
COA: $40,000
No funding
Course: funeral services and mortuary science,
First and last attempt.

First of all I want to return all glory to God for everything, I want to tell you reading this that all powers belong to Jesus Christ, I have expirenced another miracle in my life today, put all your trust in God, he liveth and he can do all things,
Prayer is the key, I have been praying since January till now about my interview I fasted throughout the past 3 months and my lovely mom backed me up as well.

I got in to the embassy by 6:00AM when I got to the embassy I went somewhere and prayed I told God Abuja will favour me, I picked some sands after praying I dropped the sands.

Me: Good morning ma'am,

VO: Good morning, how are you doing, ma'am I'm pretty good.

VO: which course are you going for?

Me: funeral services and mortuary science.
(She was shocked, I noticed her reaction and I told her my mother is mortuary , sorry my mother owns 3 mortuaries, and she makes use of old method, but I'm going to XYZ to learn a new method on the preservation of the corps, that each mortuaries contains 150- 200 coprs, at this point I was just talking rubbish fear catch this woman, she asked me so how did my mom embalm here in Nigeria?

Me: once person dies I understand how the family feels she said No, like I should tell her how my mom do embalm.
I told her if someone dies she will first of all give the dead body Injection and everything dries before she will now apply the embalming cream.

I just keep quiet she was typing she asked what's the name of the mortuary I told her, I ask her ma'am did you need any other information she said No, No No,
She was busy typing, Omo at this point I was looking at her hand, she carry pen wey dey on top of the blue papers my heart come fly, but I was very bold also demonstrating with my hands like sabinus😭
she moved her hands towards the white papers carry one give me, na so God run am for me 😥😭👏👏, within 2 minutes.

I want to thank God almighty for his grace in my life 😭😭😭

Thank you so much and God bless you @⁨Olubukola_O⁩
Thank you all who supported me in one way or the other.
Funeral Services and Mortuary Science

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mayorxyneyo: 10:37am On Apr 22, 2023
engrcorrect:

Molecular Biology for me...the last enquiry I made, was told they are being delayed this time and would run interviews for applicants for 2 weeks. That was about 3weeks ago.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 10:39am On Apr 22, 2023
Southern Illinois Carbondale
Najdorf:

Funeral Services and Mortuary Science
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 11:05am On Apr 22, 2023
PeachtreeReside:
Kindly advise.

Kindly advise please.

Thank you
Better to say the truth that she’s in school and will be transferring some of her credits. It makes it tougher if she has not been in school since she graduated.
She’s leaving for the best university education system in the world.. Abeg no go complicate your answers when life has given u free expo.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jahard: 11:46am On Apr 22, 2023
she can say she’s in school but wants to leave because of the inconsistencies caused by the frequent ASUU strikes. The VOs don’t like educational gaps, if she says she has been working with her mum for 8 years I don’t think they’d believe she’s a bonafide student.
Another thing, I noticed the VOs rarely approve people in their 20s going for an undergraduate degree. But I stand to be corrected.

PeachtreeReside:
Kindly advise.

Kindly advise please.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by krcboy(m): 12:24pm On Apr 22, 2023
Jahard:
she can say she’s in school but wants to leave because of the inconsistencies caused by the frequent ASUU strikes. The VOs don’t like educational gaps, if she says she has been working with her mum for 8 years I don’t think they’d believe she’s a bonafide student.
Another thing, I noticed the VOs rarely approve people in their 20s going for an undergraduate degree. But I stand to be corrected.

they do, I know of a lady we dey same whatsapp undergrad group she got approved last year she was 28years old all she had to do was bring her story to life and fill the gap years that she had and boom approved. Age matters but at same time they know sometimes life dont go as planned. i will look for her transcript and share here.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by henroo2003: 1:10pm On Apr 22, 2023
Good afternoon gurus in the house,

Pls is there a special way of applying for emergency visa interview?

I applied for my brother last week but wasn't approved.
His earliest arrival date on his F1 is May 19 while Class starts June 5...

Please help
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jahard: 1:23pm On Apr 22, 2023
That makes sense, please share it if you can. I think what matters most with these VOs is how well you can defend your case.
krcboy:

they do, I know of a lady we dey same whatsapp undergrad group she got approved last year she was 28years old all she had to do was bring her story to life and fill the gap years that she had and boom approved. Age matters but at same time they know sometimes life dont go as planned. i will look for her transcript and share here.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by GirlyLois(f): 2:02pm On Apr 22, 2023
Najdorf:

Yes
yes
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by PeachtreeReside(f): 2:23pm On Apr 22, 2023
Jahard:

Thank you so much.
The same thing I told her and her mum.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by luvlyoracle(m): 2:29pm On Apr 22, 2023
engrcorrect:

When did u apply
How long did it take to be given addmission
Can i start application for fall now or is it late already?

Which sch do u suggest for engineering with low tutition and high acceptance rate for nigerians.
I wod really appreciate u prompt response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by luvlyoracle(m): 2:29pm On Apr 22, 2023
mayorxyneyo:

When did u apply
How long did it take to be given addmission

Which sch do u suggest for engineering with low tutition and high acceptance rate for nigerians.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by luvlyoracle(m): 2:36pm On Apr 22, 2023
BigIyanga:

When you pay $75 to get $20k-$100k scholarship/assistantship/stipends… odds are far much greater than BetNaija/Nairabet . ROI is more than 1000%.
‘‘Dont tell me what you value, show me your budget, and I’ll tell you what you value’’ Joe Biden

Thanks for ur response.

How long does it take to be given addmission

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by kodilyjoe: 3:32pm On Apr 22, 2023
folamorgan:

My opinion based on listening to over 20 former visa officers, as long as you have not used it to get appointment date, the visa officer cannot see it. The ones you have filled is in the database of ceac but the visa officer can only see the one you used to get an appointment date. That's all.

Thanks so much!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by photoberi: 3:52pm On Apr 22, 2023
Hi everyone,

Please is the Abuja Embassy now taking visa interviews for F1? I recollect that the U.S withdrew her people at the Abuja embassy last year due to security issues.

I read some of the pages on this thread and have only seen a lot of Lagos transcripts. I will be glad to hear from anyone that has had F1 interview there recently.

Thank you so much.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jsmithlvdame: 3:53pm On Apr 22, 2023
Hi guys, pls I need clarification on POF. I have a deficit of 14.5k (Health insurance and living expenses), and I'm about to use an agent to raise the money. Please, what and what should I look out for. And will I submit the account statement to the embassy before the interview day?

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (539) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: dgee1(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.