Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,081 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (318) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (690630 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (535) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Roughfyzay(m): 10:02am On Apr 28, 2023
Is there any implication in choosing regular instead of previously denied as someone who had been previously denied visa? I was denied in early March but couldn’t see any dates until I chose regular before I was able to secure date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 11:17am On Apr 28, 2023
Choose regular and on your dsI60, you will state that you were denied
Loluuuuuu21:

Yes I’ve been experiencing the same thing since February, I think it’s happening to everyone that was denied last year who reapplied this year , because the first timers are seeing the calendar. So I guess we just have to wait maybe that’ll get fixed . Or maybe it’s their new way .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 11:19am On Apr 28, 2023
I don't think there is any, just state why you were denied on your ds160
Roughfyzay:
Is there any implication in choosing regular instead of previously denied as someone who had been previously denied visa? I was denied in early March but couldn’t see any dates until I chose regular before I was able to secure date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mekzyjoe(m): 11:33am On Apr 28, 2023
TheNoble007:

You don't have to fret. When contacting the international office of your school for your i20, you have to upload a signed copy of your GA offer if actually you are fully funded. Your funding covers you alone. In the process, you will be contacted to submit proof of funds for your dependents. If you lack POF for your dependents, kindly go alone. Simple.
Noble what happened all these while..u have left nairaland?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by petertunde(m): 12:52pm On Apr 28, 2023
Wiszx:
Please everyone I forgot to print the confirmation page of my scheduled visa appointment, please can it be retrieved and if so please how do I do it
Please log in to retrieve your application. The system will show view confirmation page or create another application. Click view confirmation page, to display it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by petertunde(m): 12:58pm On Apr 28, 2023
Jmagic:
Hello, can someone fill the F1 visa application with phone? Is it advisable
I applied through my android phone smoothly when my laptop was consuming more data

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Chyaroh: 2:11pm On Apr 28, 2023
Holuwakenny:
Have you been added

no
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Davegabriel(m): 2:12pm On Apr 28, 2023
NightCyrax:

When did you do the transfer of SEVIS?
Yesterday shaa
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by princess4310: 3:34pm On Apr 28, 2023
Please I need list of schools that are still accepting Ph.D. Applications
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nazacynthia: 3:34pm On Apr 28, 2023
krcboy:
Bsc?

No Masters
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Holuwakenny: 3:55pm On Apr 28, 2023
Any update🙏🙏🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by triumph4real: 6:54pm On Apr 28, 2023
NightCyrax:

Talmbout reliability, you have no issue at all with Pay4Me. It's a nice medium, nice and fast.
Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Charisdemi: 8:03pm On Apr 28, 2023
[quote author=CreativeWeb post=119974177]Dear ghettonews, this Biglyanga was trying to help and prep you but you totally misunderstood him. Even MatanBoka wanted to help you understand what Biglyanga was trying to do, but you still didn't get it.

HERE'S YOUR ORIGINAL POST:

SOMEONE ASKED YOU HOW OLD YOU ARE. YOU ANSWERED 24 YEARS. YOU COMMENTED THAT YOU HAVE 75% FEE TO PAY, WHICH IS $12,000.

THEN, BIGLYANGA COMMENTED:

THESE ARE PERTINENT QUESTIONS. ANSWERS COULD BE...

1. I have been working as an auxiliary nurse for x number of years.
2. I raised the money from my work as an auxiliary nurse and also from our family real estate.
3. I will be getting money from rents in our family real estate.

BUT, YOU REPLIED THIS...

THEN, BIGLYANGA REPLIED YOU...

HE HAS SOME GOOD POINTS, AND THESE ARE THINGS VO WOULD WANT TO KNOW.

VO will want to know...
1. Why are you going for Bsc when you are 24 years? Why didn't you start your Bsc when you were 18 years old since most Nigerians finish secondary at 18? You will have to explain that and convince VO. Maybe you had no sponsor then, and so, you learned nursing locally and you have been working as an auxiliary nurse for these 5-6 years, saving money to realize your dream of becoming a professional and licensed nurse. That you plan to also do MSc in nursing and return to start a nursing home in your community, and later invest in building a school of nursing to help people that want to do nursing, but have no much funding, and to stop the increase in auxiliary nurses in hospitals.

VO may ask you how you intend to pay your fees for subsequent years since you are self funding. You can explain that you inherited 5 hectares of land from your dad and you leased or rented the land to a company to build factory and that they pay you x amount annually.

HOWEVER, HERE WAS YOUR RESPONSE...

My questions: DO YOU KNOW THE SITUATION OF THE PEOPLE YOU KNOW WHO SELF FUNDED? DO YOU KNOW THEIR INVESTMENTS?

The point is that 20hours/week or 40hours/week may not be enough to pay your school fees because you will eat and also pay for accommodation.

---

So, I believe Biglyanga was trying to assist you, but you actually misunderstood him.

Here's the thing: In order to face a VO and stand a good chance, you need to be brutally honest with your situation. No sugarcoating. No pampering. VOs will not look at your emotions or be sentimental. You may need to attend mock interview to assess the level of your preparedness.

Thank you.

Please I need someone to prep me something more like mock interview

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by jinju27: 8:04pm On Apr 28, 2023
BeautywithGod:

I'm in the same shoe with you I think their website has issues. I tried using Microsoft Edge but I was able to get December but I didn't schedule the appointment. Can you please share your contact so that we can discuss further.

Have you gotten a date now
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by krcboy(m): 8:09pm On Apr 28, 2023
Hello guys Im feeling a bit skeptical abt me going for an interview(I dont have a solid date yet) but here is why, I just recieved my I20 and the COA is 45k dollars, now No funding was stated on my i20 but the school offered me funding only on the condition of when I resume in person. Also ny sponsor (my dad) is more than able to pay my tuition and living cost but seeing that lately VO are all abt fundings and all that. Im scared I might not be able to get my visa. Do you think he should pay my tuition of 30k dolls or less to show that we have the funds or he shouldnt pay at all(judging that some schools dont offer refunds ) . please opinions are needed
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Davegabriel(m): 8:30pm On Apr 28, 2023
Hello everyone! Please how can I print my DS 160 application page... I have the confirmation page but to print the application page is not working. Please is there any other way. Or should I try using a computer.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Optimist1234(m): 9:12pm On Apr 28, 2023
I am trying to get a date for the past three days and I have this message. Is there anything I can do for the permit?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by damosade(m): 10:03pm On Apr 28, 2023
Good evening all, please how can i pay my sevis fee , a coupon was generated with SEVISFEE as the beneficiary.
please how can i go about the payment.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NightCyrax: 10:55pm On Apr 28, 2023
Davegabriel:

Yesterday shaa

Would suggest you wait at least 72 hrs. Not so sure but I think I saw something like that here some while ago.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NightCyrax: 11:02pm On Apr 28, 2023
princess4310:
Please I need list of schools that are still accepting Ph.D. Applications

This admission cycle is technically gone. If funding is your priority, I would advise that you gun for Fall 24, whose application cycle should open by Late August/September.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NightCyrax: 11:06pm On Apr 28, 2023
krcboy:
but the school offered me funding only on the condition of when I resume in person.

Do you have a signed letter attesting to this fact?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NightCyrax: 11:07pm On Apr 28, 2023
Optimist1234:
I am trying to get a date for the past three days and I have this message. Is there anything I can do for the permit?

Lagos, ba? That's the new norm.
You've just got to wait until they revert. Keep an eye on your email.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NightCyrax: 11:08pm On Apr 28, 2023
Davegabriel:
Hello everyone! Please how can I print my DS 160 application page... I have the confirmation page but to print the application page is not working. Please is there any other way. Or should I try using a computer.

But you know you wouldn't be needing the application page, ba?

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (535) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.