Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,867 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (690345 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (535) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NightCyrax: 5:45pm On Apr 30, 2023
krcboy:
please how many times can you use the cancel option without actually cancelling your appointment to see visa dates. I was told if you cancel more than 4times i will pay a new visa fee. or it doesnt count unless I actually cancel my current appt and pick a new appt ?

So long you do not click on yes, you can use the option a million times. Remember just not to click anything after seeing available date. Log out then login again instead.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NightCyrax: 5:51pm On Apr 30, 2023
Plannie22:
Good evening everyone, please my interview at the US Abuja embassy is coming up next month. Please could anyone share good hotels I could stay in that is very close to the embassy. Not more than 40k per night. Thank you. How many minutes is the distance. Thank you.

Use Optima. I heard it is at a walking distance.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zino89: 7:55pm On Apr 30, 2023
Good evening everyone
I’m an ND hoder
Please can undergraduate travel to the us with family
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nkechidi: 8:10pm On Apr 30, 2023
Good day all.
I av a PhD admission (full funded), resumption is August 2023. I am yet to schedule any date, all date seen is after august.
Pls my question is
1, Pls shld I schedule the date I see now and plan to expedite or should I wait till June before I click on date and then expedite ?

2. Pls how certain is expedite date in getting an earlier date for my program.

3. Some people are advising me to get an agent who can help me get a date may/June.

Pls my gurus, I need advice because I am confused. I don't have any chance of deferment again because I deferred last year .

Pls I will appreciate your contribution.
Thank you All
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 8:11pm On Apr 30, 2023
No
Can you share your transcript, please, if you have not done so?
Jahard:
Good evening house
For f1 students, do we need to get a return ticket when booking a flight?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 8:18pm On Apr 30, 2023
Nkechidi:
Good day all.
I av a PhD admission (full funded), resumption is August 2023. I am yet to schedule any date, all date seen is after august.
Pls my question is
1, Pls shld I schedule the date I see now and plan to expedite or should I wait till June before I click on date and then expedite ?
you must schedule before you can expedite, the earlier the better

2. Pls how certain is expedite date in getting an earlier date for my program.
no one here knows

3. Some people are advising me to get an agent who can help me get a date may/June.
no try am, check at least 2 times a day you will get a date

Pls my gurus, I need advice because I am confused. I don't have any chance of deferment again because I deferred last year .

Pls I will appreciate your contribution.
Thank you All

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Finest10: 8:39pm On Apr 30, 2023
Good evening all,
Has anyone received fall admission 2023 from Governor state university
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Yomi174: 11:20pm On Apr 30, 2023
Please anyone going for Masters, is it compulsory doing the GRE tests?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Holuwakenny: 11:53pm On Apr 30, 2023
It is not compulsory, but it may be necessary and edge for you.
Yomi174:
Please anyone going for Masters, is it compulsory doing the GRE tests?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nkechidi: 12:05am On May 01, 2023
[quote author=chibertha post=122849008][/quote] thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nkechidi: 12:53am On May 01, 2023
[quote author=Brunonwanne post=122570927]Not Mine

Visa Status - Approved
Location - Lagos
Date - 17/4/2023.

My US Visa Journey

First I want to thank God almighty, for without him this wouldn't be possible. I also want to thank the various mock interviewers, Ayomide and team, Master P and Kwame, you guys are the best.

After filling my first ds160 without knowing much, u submitted and proceeded to CGI and chose Abuja, cos everyone said Abuja gives visa more than Lagos.
But there were no dates. My first date selection was in October and my Resumption Is in August. I didn't sleep most night looking for an earlier date.

Reached out to some agents for dates, some said 200k, another 150k etc.

Then dates became available in Lagos. I decide to cancel. Then the story of Lagos rejection rate started flying ard. I became scared and worried.

But I decided to trust God.

My interview ( The first lady, can't remember her window)

Me - Good morning Ma, I passed my documents before she asked.

VO - Good morning

VO- I see you're going for a PhD, what do you do?

Me - I am a lecturer at xyz, I teach 200 and 300 level students of xyz. I have worked for over 4 years and earn xyz anually.

VO - Why health Communication

Me - I chose Health communication because I want to become a Prof of Health communication, as well as because of the prevailing health issues in Nigeria like Lazza Fever. In 2022 Nigeria recorded over 172 deaths linked to Lazza Fever ( at this point she was nodding), and the state where I reside is among the states affected. This program will give me the necessary knowledge and research skills that I can apply to help fight several prevailing health and environmental issues in Nigeria.

VO- How many schools did you apply

Me - Three, University of xyz, university of xyz and Ohio University. I was accepted in two and on the waiting list of the 3rd. I choose Ohio University because Health communication in Ohio is broad in it's orientation and allows students to address topics ranging from narrative approaches to understanding health to Health message effects.

VO- are you married

Me - Yes

VO - what does your husband do

Me - My husband is a developer and he does ......

I saw her drop my passport inside the box and I knew my white paper was coming.

She brought out the white paper and my i20 and told me my passport will be ready in .... Days, pointed at my i20 to show my resumption date and I can't travel before then etc. Didn't hear other thanks.

P.S. - Please attend Mock interviews, they are very important and will prepare you for any question being asked. Dress comfortably, cos you will stand through out the process. Some pp wore slippers and tank tops and we're accepted. Be confident and audible. Finally Pray, God will guide you to the right VO.

P.S the bald man was at Immigrant section today 😁😁😁😁[

Congratulations
Pls did you select the September date initially before changing to April or you left it blank before April date came up

Thank you

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nkechidi: 12:54am On May 01, 2023
[quote author=Nkechidi post=122852669][/quote]

Pls will like to ask some questions pertaining my own
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Guruindahouse(m): 7:21am On May 01, 2023
If I am in your wife's shoes, I will go ahead and write GRE. She should ask when is the latest date to submit the test in order to give her the time to prepare. This offer will come with some funding.
This may be rare opportunity. I had the chance like this many years ago and I blew it.

Are you talking about FALL 2023 admission?
Bigolly:
Please the school I applied for my wife in U.S is asking for GRE test score for them to give her admission for MSC program. The school requires GRE test score because they said her GP is low. Please what can we do about it and what schools in U.S can she get admitted directly with 2.2 without GRE test?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by emmanuel0112: 8:44am On May 01, 2023
Joiceee:
Hello guys! Please I need your input on this matter. After I applied for a Master's program, a professor reached out to me for an interview. During the interview, he mentioned that there was a research assistantship position if I get in. Shortly after the interview, he emailed me that I have been accepted, and an official acceptance letter would be forwarded to me. The thing is I have received the acceptance letter but it says nothing about funding, I have emailed the prof twice on the funding letter but no response. Please what do I do? 🥺🥺🥺

Please what course of study and which school
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Yizzurr(m): 10:06am On May 01, 2023
NightCyrax:

What location is this?

Lagos

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Davegabriel(m): 11:44am On May 01, 2023
Greetings everyone! Please if I was denied in Lagos embassy, and I have replied with a different school to Lagos. Can I change to Abuja. Does Abuja approve more than Lagos embassy?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TenaciousOrphan: 11:46am On May 01, 2023
Davegabriel:
Greetings everyone! Please if I was denied in Lagos embassy, and I have replied with a different school to Lagos. Can I change to Abuja. Does Abuja approve more than Lagos embassy?

Post your transcripts first.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Luckyuk: 12:54pm On May 01, 2023
Loluuuuuu21:

Yes I’ve been experiencing the same thing since February, I think it’s happening to everyone that was denied last year who reapplied this year , because the first timers are seeing the calendar. So I guess we just have to wait maybe that’ll get fixed . Or maybe it’s their new way .

I am experiencing the same challenge. Have you seen any solution to it? Please let me know if there is a way out. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (535) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: oohhjjaayy and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.