Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,234 members, 7,829,424 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (696388 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 1:31pm On May 20, 2023
Oluwasegunmi:
Visa type: F1(Denied)
Venue: Lagos
Program: Ms. Geoscience.

VO: Good morning.
Me: Good morning.

VO: Pass your I -20?
Me: I did.

VO: Why Missouri?
Me: Aside from the admission and the scholarship given to me, the course curriculum at Missouri state university are well aligns with my career goals.

VO: Who is sponsoring you and what do he do?
Me: My father, he is a wood contractor, he supplies may companies, he has 10 permanent workers and 5 contract staff.

VO: Can i see the proof?

Me: I gave her the statement of the account, and she look at it

VO: Have you travel before

Me: No

VO: Did you have anybody at US 3x

VO: You are not qualified

So sorry. How much was your COE?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nzealibaba: 2:58pm On May 20, 2023
Please I just got my admission letter this week. Can I start apply for visa with the embassy before my I-20 is out.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jeval: 3:08pm On May 20, 2023
Is there any current appointment search group on whatsapp? can someone send the admin number
?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Specgal: 3:59pm On May 20, 2023
Also me I have a January date but I am resuming august this year
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TheMA: 7:34pm On May 20, 2023
BGSU?
Specgal:
Also me I have a January date but I am resuming august this year
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Specgal: 9:24pm On May 20, 2023
TheMA:
BGSU?
Nope ECC
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Specgal: 9:24pm On May 20, 2023
Specgal:
Nope ECC
Essex county college
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by FloroFlores: 3:37am On May 21, 2023
So if I complete my interview and get my visa in Lagos, can I book my international flight and takeoff from Abuja??

Heard it somewhere, sometime ago that it cannot happen.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by FloroFlores: 3:41am On May 21, 2023
And while we’re at it, how safe do y’all think it is to be admitted to a university in Michigan, but to land in Texas to visit a friend for a week before school (so he can help me setup my phone and bank account). Is it grounds to be denied entry at the port of entry

I need people’s experiences
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Rayhanna: 4:45am On May 21, 2023
chibertha:
yes to airlines that have flights originating from Nigeria and also have offices here.

Ohhh thanks. I actually tried travelbeta but it redirected me to delta airlines official website which payment as to be made in dollar.
Delta is the only one i saw that’s going direct to her destination.. would have been nice if i can make the payment in naira, cos it will most likely be a cheaper option as compare to using a dollar card.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Solohmony: 6:51am On May 21, 2023
FloroFlores:
And while we’re at it, how safe do y’all think it is to be admitted to a university in Michigan, but to land in Texas to visit a friend for a week before school (so he can help me setup my phone and bank account). Is it grounds to be denied entry at the port of entry

Please don't land at the wrong POE.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ibks100(m): 7:19am On May 21, 2023
If this is for you, did you have any transcript prepared, prior to this interview!?

It is usually advised that, people should try their best possible to avoid generic answers.

Aside from the admission and the scholarship given to me, the course curriculum at Missouri state university are well aligns with my career goals.

The highlighted text is too vague and generic! What are your career goals that aligns with their curriculum?

Furthermore, you didn't sell your father enough. You could have mentioned some big real estate companies that he supplies wood to or other popular buildings he supplied wood for the construction of. Also, you failed to mention his annual income. Except you intentionally omitted it from this transcript. Just like someone asked, what's your Cost of Attendance? Did you get any scholarship?

Lastly, I don't know if your statement of account is airtight, so that could be why you were denied.

Oluwasegunmi:
Visa type: F1(Denied)
Venue: Lagos
Program: Ms. Geoscience.

VO: Good morning.
Me: Good morning.

VO: Pass your I -20?
Me: I did.

VO: Why Missouri?
Me: Aside from the admission and the scholarship given to me, the course curriculum at Missouri state university are well aligns with my career goals.

VO: Who is sponsoring you and what do he do?
Me: My father, he is a wood contractor, he supplies may companies, he has 10 permanent workers and 5 contract staff.

VO: Can i see the proof?

Me: I gave her the statement of the account, and she look at it

VO: Have you travel before

VO: Did you have anybody at US 3x

VO: You are not qualified
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TEMIT0PE: 10:26am On May 21, 2023
Lmaoo. Where do you people hear things like this ?

If you like, depart for Yankee from your village, e no concern anybody.

FloroFlores:
So if I complete my interview and get my visa in Lagos, can I book my international flight and takeoff from Abuja??

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TEMIT0PE: 10:29am On May 21, 2023
While it’s okay to have a connecting flight to your final destination through another city, don’t go and tell CBP official at the POE that you are going to see a friend first oo

FloroFlores:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by FloroFlores: 12:29pm On May 21, 2023
And why are flights to the USA in August north of a million naira? Am I doing something wrong or did it reach my turn and change?? Do y’all know any tricks or agencies?

My mates were paying 400 and 500grand last year!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by HighPriest0(m): 12:51pm On May 21, 2023
Nice to be here guys.

I'm currently about to complete my MSc here in Germany 🇩🇪.

I'm looking at moving to the US for PhD.

My field is ecology, zoology, biological sciences in general.

I'm looking for recommendations for schools where I can get a fully funded PhD position in the US...
Links or contacts would be highly appreciated.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 1:00pm On May 21, 2023
I paid 700k to qatar rhis month
FloroFlores:
And why are flights to the USA in August north of a million naira? Am I doing something wrong or did it reach my turn and change?? Do y’all know any tricks or agencies?

My mates were paying 400 and 500grand last year!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by FloroFlores: 3:19pm On May 21, 2023
Sisib15:
I paid 700k to qatar rhis month

Is the flight for August? How did you get the offer??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AZzoe: 3:59pm On May 21, 2023
Hello guys...
Good afternoon...and I trust you are doing well.

Please who has applied for expedite visa appointment and was accepted?

Please I have some questions, and will appreciate your response.

1. Was is 60days to your earliest admission date or program start date (which is also same as class start date) ?
2. How soon did they reply to your request?
3. Their response was it via email or cgi portal?
4. Did they truly give you closer interview date?

Thank you so much and I look forward to hearing from you...🙏🏽
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 4:22pm On May 21, 2023
Use Skyscanner to check
FloroFlores:

Is the flight for August? How did you get the offer??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by DannyD12342(m): 5:11pm On May 21, 2023
Please who is going to bellevue university or who is going to university of Nebraska, omahi. Please do hit me up 09099983545 on whatsapp only. Lets connect. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Winas2: 9:02pm On May 21, 2023
FloroFlores:

Where you book your flight and take off doesn't matter. But Lagos is the main takeoff for almost all international flight
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by infosoftlife: 10:45pm On May 21, 2023
Winas2:

Where you book your flight and take off doesn't matter. But Lagos is the main takeoff for almost all international flight

That was then. You can take off at most International airports like Port Harcourt and Abuja.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kwamentim3: 12:16am On May 22, 2023
1. I used my earliest admission date
2. In 24hrs
3. Their response was via email
4. Yes please they did give me a closer date.
AZzoe:
Hello guys...
Good afternoon...and I trust you are doing well.

Please who has applied for expedite visa appointment and was accepted?

Please I have some questions, and will appreciate your response.

1. Was is 60days to your earliest admission date or program start date (which is also same as class start date) ?
2. How soon did they reply to your request?
3. Their response was it via email or cgi portal?
4. Did they truly give you closer interview date?

Thank you so much and I look forward to hearing from you...🙏🏽
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AZzoe: 1:06am On May 22, 2023
Kwamentim3:
1. I used my earliest admission date
2. In 24hrs
3. Their response was via email
4. Yes please they did give me a closer date.

Oooo thank you so much. This means alot truly.
Please aside from your i20 and your payment receipt, what supporting document did u attached when requesting via the CGI portal? And what was your convincing writeup like?
So sorry for the long questions, please...
And thank you for your kind response...🙏🏽
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by 0izuchukwu: 4:23am On May 22, 2023
Please I need your help.
I have a brother is a US Citizen. while completing my DS 160 I did not include his name. What do I do. How do I answer questions relating to siblings during my interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Stackdeep90: 4:56am On May 22, 2023
Hannaleeyah:
Please anyone here studying in Wingate University?

I often apply for Scholarships,so yesterday,I recieved a congratulations email that based on my achievements, I've been offered a $27,000 worth scholarship in Wingate University.

I have some questions;

1. How valid is the school and scholarship,who knows about that or who can help with that?

2. In the email, it's said that I'd pay $300 as enrollment deposit,is that how it's done?

Please I need your words.

Quick one. You were not offered a scholarship. All they are saying is you qualify to apply for a scholarship. In other words apply for it, if you lucky you may get some $$$ if not try again another year.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kwamentim3: 6:18am On May 22, 2023
I only attached my i20. I just wrote that I am going to study xx program and my program starts at xx but my initial schedule date won’t allow me to meet that start date and this will thwart my career trajectory. It’s against this backdrop that I am applying for an emergency appointment to meet my admission date.
AZzoe:

Oooo thank you so much. This means alot truly.
Please aside from your i20 and your payment receipt, what supporting document did u attached when requesting via the CGI portal? And what was your convincing writeup like?
So sorry for the long questions, please...
And thank you for your kind response...🙏🏽

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Phenomenal101: 6:56am On May 22, 2023
Please guys I need help.

I initially got an assistantship offer and requested an I-20 from the school and proceeded with paying my Sevis and booking a visa appointment,
But then I just got a better assistantship offer from my Dream school.

I have requested for an I-20 from the new school where I got funded.

Plus what do I do next?
Can I change my Sevis No. in the CGI website from the old Sevis number I originally submitted to the one in my new I-20 from my dream school?

And how do I go about it ?

I haven’t submitted my Ds-160 form yet

Please help a brother with steps to take. Thank you in advance!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TEMIT0PE: 8:17am On May 22, 2023
If your Brother has ever filled your name in any form before while he was moving to the USA, it's in your best interest to go and fill a new DS-160 and include his name in your DS-160. The VOs have these information at their fingertips and if they ask you about it (do you have a family member in the US?) during your interview, they are trying to see if you will lie about it and if you do, that alone is grounds for visa denial.

Talk to your Brother.
- Has he ever filled your name on any form ?
- Has he previously overstayed a visa prior to getting citizenship ?
- Does he have a clean record in the US ?
- Has he filed for you before?

Answering the above questions will guide you as to how to prepare to the eventuality of being asked about your family members in the US.

0izuchukwu:
Please I need your help.
I have a brother is a US Citizen. while completing my DS 160 I did not include his name. What do I do. How do I answer questions relating to siblings during my interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AZzoe: 8:29am On May 22, 2023
Kwamentim3:
I only attached my i20. I just wrote that I am going to study xx program and my program starts at xx but my initial schedule date won’t allow me to meet that start date and this will thwart my career trajectory. It’s against this backdrop that I am applying for an emergency appointment to meet my admission date.

Oooo thank you so much. This means alot truly. Thank you 🙏🏽

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (539) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: Debbieeeeeee and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.