Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,459 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (703007 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (542) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Andracarles: 7:12am On May 17, 2023
Yes, he can go for interview with one university and transfer to the other when he gets to the US. It is not a problem that he has two i20s at his interview. When he gets approved, and enters the US, he will transfer his sevis record from the school he got visa with to the school he wants to attend. That is not a problem.
As for emergency, yes he can apply for emergency. But just because you apply for emergency does not mean it will be approved. And even upon approval, you may not still find a favourable date. He could also join a date search group to improve his chances of finding a date earlier than July. And in case you didn't know, visa can be applied for one year before your resumption. But you can only enter the US one month to resumption. It is emergency appointment application that is 2 months to resumption, but as i explained earlier, applying doesnt mean approval.
masquellett:

CC: Andracarles, bigiyanga

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by damosade(m): 7:18am On May 17, 2023
Hope this attacks will not affect approval of visas?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Bigolly(m): 8:14am On May 17, 2023
Please when do you apply for funding for masters admission in US, is it after you have been given admission?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TEMIT0PE: 8:18am On May 17, 2023
It depends on the school you are applying. Every school has its own particular funding procedure. Check the websites of the schools.

Bigolly:
Please when do you apply for funding for masters admission in US, is it after you have been given admission?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Clems81: 10:18am On May 17, 2023
Good morning, pls I want to confirm if the VO check the balance on your account during the interview (that's after you gotten your I-20 form from your school).
Please I need an urgent reply, thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TEMIT0PE: 10:41am On May 17, 2023
The VO will only check the details of your bank account if they ask for your bank statement and it is retained after your interview has ended. And in this case, you will be placed on "administrative processing" (not a denial/approval until they confirm a few details about you)

Clems81:
Good morning, pls I want to confirm if the VO check the balance on your account during the interview (that's after you gotten your I-20 form from your school).
Please I need an urgent reply, thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Focus99: 11:49am On May 17, 2023
My cousin was refused student visa yesterday. I have attached the refusal letter below.

What can he put together before reapplying for the visa and how soon can he reapply? Kindly see the letter and give me replies.

He his broken and has refused coming out from his room since yesterday.

I will be reading all reply. Thank you guys

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TEMIT0PE: 12:16pm On May 17, 2023
He needs to come out of that room and share his transript with you so you can share here (fi he plans to apply again). That's the only way anyone can be of help.

The letter is a generic document they give everyone they deny. It doesn't give details.

Share his transcript and people here can help point out inconsistencies and what can be improved upon.

Focus99:
My cousin was refused student visa yesterday. I have attached the refusal letter below.

What can he put together before reapplying for the visa and how soon can he reapply? Kindly see the letter and give me replies.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Deejude: 1:03pm On May 17, 2023
Good afternoon everyone here.

Pls I was offered loan Repayment Assistance
Program (LRAP) in the USA.

Documents needed are,(1) International
Credential Evaluation (2) Transcript

I want to know how to go about it and the possibility of getting the admission and visa.

I need advice pls
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Teddiement: 1:04pm On May 17, 2023
Get a Visa USD card form your bank. Mastercard sometimes has restrictions on some sites. I got a USD Visa card from GTBank for $10 + N1050. It came with unlimited dollar transactions.

verminnel:
Good morning house.please how do i pay my Admission application fee from here .Im having difficulty paying with my card because of the restriction on international transactions over 20usd please help me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ibks100(m): 2:05pm On May 17, 2023
Focus99:

Did your cousin attend mocks? Whether to observe or interview?

Just try and get him to send in his transcript, that's when people can give their advise
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ibks100(m): 2:06pm On May 17, 2023
SolaceAmara:
Hi everyone, good afternoon please is there any group here that I can join in search for dates for US visa interview ?😩

Lagos just released dates some few minutes ago

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 2:12pm On May 17, 2023
Focus99:

Allow him time to grieve … then ask him to come here and share his transcript.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by punchyy(f): 3:49pm On May 17, 2023
@ everyone, my friend applied for Master's in Computer information systems, but when issued her 120 the major written was Computer information systems security/auditing/ Information assurance. Is this an oversight from the school ?any explanation for this.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TEMIT0PE: 4:01pm On May 17, 2023
It's not an oversight.

That is the SEVIS name of the course your friend is going to study. It's not an issue at all. Every course in any University in the US is attached to a course code/name in the SEVIS system.

Check page 16 of this document for more clarity https://www.ice.gov/doclib/sevis/pdf/batch_api_6.55_10162020_appf.pdf

punchyy:
@ everyone, my friend applied for Master's in Computer information systems, but when issued her 120 the major written was Computer information systems security/auditing/ Information assurance. Is this an oversight from the school ?any explanation for this.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by punchyy(f): 4:04pm On May 17, 2023
It's not an oversight.

That is the SEVIS name of the course your friend is going to study. It's not an issue at all. Every course in any University in the US is attached to a course code/name in the SEVIS system.

Thanks TEMI🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by yinkhar(f): 5:46pm On May 17, 2023
Instead of going through this process, he can just fill another ds-160 with the desired school, update his visa appointment with the new ds-160 number and mail the embassy with his new sevis number and viola! he can attend interview with his desired school.
Andracarles:
Yes, he can go for interview with one university and transfer to the other when he gets to the US. It is not a problem that he has two i20s at his interview. When he gets approved, and enters the US, he will transfer his sevis record from the school he got visa with to the school he wants to attend. That is not a problem.
As for emergency, yes he can apply for emergency. But just because you apply for emergency does not mean it will be approved. And even upon approval, you may not still find a favourable date. He could also join a date search group to improve his chances of finding a date earlier than July. And in case you didn't know, visa can be applied for one year before your resumption. But you can only enter the US one month to resumption. It is emergency appointment application that is 2 months to resumption, but as i explained earlier, applying doesnt mean approval.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tingale773: 7:38pm On May 17, 2023
Hello! I've been following this thread and reading the experiences of other members silently, I am grateful to everyone who shared their visa interview transcripts because it helped me in one way or the other. I got my visa approved at first try recently without funding. I will share my experience soon.

12 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by masquellett(m): 8:03pm On May 17, 2023
yinkhar:
Instead of going through this process, he can just fill another ds-160 with the desired school, update his visa appointment with the new ds-160 number and mail the embassy with his new sevis number and viola! he can attend interview with his desired school.

Thank you, I was thinking about that too but he was worried about getting an earlier date before July. September does not seem realistic and I am not sure if emergency approval gets him an earlier date,

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (542) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

Viewing this topic: Chemist4life and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.