Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (697213 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by kenlouis(m): 9:04am On Jun 24, 2023
It's normal. You have to save at every interval. The instructions for filling out the form was started clearly at the beginning.
Cheers.

Nzealibaba:
Pls the online ds-160 application form keeps timing out . Please what can I do .
It keeps refreshing after few seconds and I can’t save what I typed .
Is that normal

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by RisingGiant: 9:11am On Jun 24, 2023
Is anyone here also having delay in getting emergency appointments for interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ecious16: 9:31am On Jun 24, 2023
Pls anyone on the Lagos date search whatsapp group chat.. Kindly share the link
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ttori(f): 9:35am On Jun 24, 2023
Hi y'all i left one of my previous school history while i was filling my ds 160 which i already submitted can i create a new one and update my cgi portal
Will it affect my scheduled appointment and will i have to pay a new MRV fee?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by tmann626(m): 10:29am On Jun 24, 2023
ttori:
Hi y'all i left one of my previous school history while i was filling my ds 160 which i already submitted can i create a new one and update my cgi portal
Will it affect my scheduled appointment and will i have to pay a new MRV fee?
Please go ahead and create a new one. update your CGI portal with only the new DS 160 confirmation number and print out the updated appointment. You don't need to pay another MRV fee
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ttori(f): 10:35am On Jun 24, 2023
tmann626:
Please go ahead and create a new one. update your CGI portal with only the new DS 160 confirmation number and print out the updated appointment. You don't need to pay another MRV fee
Thank you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sobastical: 11:35am On Jun 24, 2023
Nothing of such here sir

Ecious16:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BlessedABee: 12:14pm On Jun 24, 2023
BigIyanga:

How is asking if their services are free knowing too much? Most serious applicants here are on a budget.. so anything free is good.

If you have something free to offer applicants.. just do it cos nobody has it all.

So their services are not free?
See some of of their fees

To anyone reading this who may have missed my initial post and response, please refer to the screenshots provided at the end of this post.

I want to clarify that I am not affiliated with Education USA. I am simply a Nigerian sharing an opportunity that has greatly benefited me. Education USA is a part of the US embassy and offers a range of services, both paid and free (sessions). When you attend their free information session at the consulate, which takes place Monday to Friday, you will gain a better understanding of the purpose behind their membership fees and realize that not everyone qualifies for them(I did not qualify to be a member as mentioned in one of the screenshots). Their free sessions are always posted on their social media pages (I lived in Lagos so I usually follow their Lagos page, they also have for Abuja and different cities around the world).

IG: https://www.instagram.com/educationusalagos/
FB: https://www.facebook.com/EducationUSALagos
Lagos page Website: https://educationusa.state.gov/centers/educationusa-lagos

It is acceptable to share legitimate opportunities that can help individuals fulfill their educational aspirations in the USA. However, the decision to utilize paid services should be based on individual circumstances and preferences.

Within this forum, I have observed discouragement towards changing courses from one's undergraduate studies, pursuing an associate degree in a community college, or being considered too old for a second undergraduate degree. Some of this feedback is solely based on a few individuals' experiences, which may or may not be the reason for their visa rejections. It would be beneficial to pose such questions to Education USA officers during relevant sessions, as some of these officers work alongside visa officers.

In my case, I pursued a Business Admin-related course for my undergraduate studies. Unfortunately, I faced visa disappointment when I tried to get one for an MBA program. Eventually, I obtained a visa to pursue a Master's in Social Work based on career aspiration at that time. A part of me thinks this approval was based on the V.O.’s willingness to listen to me and my unique circumstances.

Community college related post on Education USA page
- https://www.facebook.com/EducationUSALagos/posts/want-a-more-affordable-us-education-consider-a-community-college-learn-more-abou/3973858492677689/
- https://www.facebook.com/100069264097462/posts/pfbid031sWyJk54MDGbHPrFY3JsyB614QkdorchZs9ZSKtVnedVJva949K1kVyDkCK9C6Etl/?app=fbl

All the best!

Below are the screenshots.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 1:49pm On Jun 24, 2023
BlessedABee:

To anyone reading this who may have missed my initial post and response, please refer to the screenshots provided at the end of this post.

I want to clarify that I am not affiliated with Education USA. I am simply a Nigerian sharing an opportunity that has greatly benefited me. Education USA is a part of the US embassy and offers a range of services, both paid and free (sessions). When you attend their free information session at the consulate, which takes place Monday to Friday, you will gain a better understanding of the purpose behind their membership fees and realize that not everyone qualifies for them(I did not qualify to be a member as mentioned in one of the screenshots). Their free sessions are always posted on their social media pages (I lived in Lagos so I usually follow their Lagos page, they also have for Abuja and different cities around the world).

IG: https://www.instagram.com/educationusalagos/
FB: https://www.facebook.com/EducationUSALagos
Lagos page Website: https://educationusa.state.gov/centers/educationusa-lagos

It is acceptable to share legitimate opportunities that can help individuals fulfill their educational aspirations in the USA. However, the decision to utilize paid services should be based on individual circumstances and preferences.

Within this forum, I have observed discouragement towards changing courses from one's undergraduate studies, pursuing an associate degree in a community college, or being considered too old for a second undergraduate degree. Some of this feedback is solely based on a few individuals' experiences, which may or may not be the reason for their visa rejections. It would be beneficial to pose such questions to Education USA officers during relevant sessions, as some of these officers work alongside visa officers.

In my case, I pursued a Business Admin-related course for my undergraduate studies. Unfortunately, I faced visa disappointment when I tried to get one for an MBA program. Eventually, I obtained a visa to pursue a Master's in Social Work based on career aspiration at that time. A part of me thinks this approval was based on the V.O.’s willingness to listen to me and my unique circumstances.

Community college related post on Education USA page
- https://www.facebook.com/EducationUSALagos/posts/want-a-more-affordable-us-education-consider-a-community-college-learn-more-abou/3973858492677689/
- https://www.facebook.com/100069264097462/posts/pfbid031sWyJk54MDGbHPrFY3JsyB614QkdorchZs9ZSKtVnedVJva949K1kVyDkCK9C6Etl/?app=fbl

All the best!

Below are the screenshots.

Abegi,
Telling people that they have SLIM chances of getting approved to attend community is not discouragement. This is a statement of fact.

Since you’re a gatekeeper of records here, can you show us how many community college applicants got approved in 2022/23 vs 4-yr college applicants?

Telling people to come all the way from PH, Calabar, Enugu, Aba to Lagos and listen to a US agent tell you that you have better chances with community college is pure political correctness.

What community college is to US is what polytechnic is to Naija… and most Naija folks prefer unis over polys … and VO would prefer 4-year college applicants.

Thank you for offering hope and sounding like a motivational speaker…. but VOs are ruthlessly logical and unemotional when they approve or deny visas.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BlessedABee: 2:22pm On Jun 24, 2023
BigIyanga:

Abegi,
Telling people that they have SLIM chances of getting approved to attend community is not discouragement. This is a statement of fact.

Since you’re a gatekeeper of records here, can you show us how many community college applicants got approved in 2022/23 vs 4-yr college applicants?

Telling people to come all the way from PH, Calabar, Enugu, Aba to Lagos and listen to a US agent tell you that you have better chances with community college is pure political correctness.

What community college is to US is what polytechnic is to Naija… and most Naija folks prefer unis over polys … and VO would prefer 4-year college applicants.

Thank you for offering hope and sounding like a motivational speaker…. but VOs are ruthlessly logical and unemotional when they approve or deny visas.

Maybe if you took time to look through those free sessions, you will realize most of them are offered virtually apart from the general information session.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 3:12pm On Jun 24, 2023
BlessedABee:

Maybe if you took time to look through those free sessions, you will realize most of them are offered virtually apart from the general information session.

Ok I’ll. I’m waiting for my I-20 and funding from Bell-South Community College
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mimini: 3:33pm On Jun 24, 2023
RisingGiant:
Is anyone here also having delay in getting emergency appointments for interview?

Yes o. Where is your location? Mine is Abuja. How long have you applied now?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mimini: 3:44pm On Jun 24, 2023
Hello house, please can someone answer this person's question? Its an important and urgent question that needs urgent answer. I am also interested in the answer because I am in the same situation. Thank you as we anticipate your response.

Palms12:
Hello everyone, please has anyone gotten their expedited appointment approved in the last three weeks for Abuja embassy?

How long does it take to get a response for F1 expedited visa appointment? I have been waiting for over two weeks now.

Someone suggested creating a new profile and applying through Lagos anyone with a suggestion please help.

My school resumes in August
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by itoski(m): 4:28pm On Jun 24, 2023
BigIyanga:

Ok I’ll. I’m waiting for my I-20 and funding from Bell-South Community College

Sarcasm grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by roqeebahyetunde(f): 5:21pm On Jun 24, 2023
Palms12:
Hello everyone, please has anyone gotten their expedited appointment approved in the last three weeks for Abuja embassy?

How long does it take to get a response for F1 expedited visa appointment? I have been waiting for over two weeks now.

Someone suggested creating a new profile and applying through Lagos anyone with a suggestion please help.

My school resumes in August

They just started attending to backlogs of EA. So, you should be able to hear from them next week
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tkulthenoble: 5:49pm On Jun 24, 2023
Hi My Ppl,

1. I have a couple of questions to ask regarding my B1/B2 Visa that I just got here in UAE, I will be visiting the states in September, and back to UAE and later apply for F1 earlier next year. I applied for the B1/B2 before I got my admission. So I hope they wont be asking asking questions that why I have B1/b2 and still applying for F1?.

2. I will be sponsoring myself so how many months my exact POF should be in my account before I can request for my i-20?

3. I am looking at the tickets for my visits in september and I realized that Dubai to New york is cheaper than Dubai to Houston but I mentioned in my DS-160 that i will be staying in Houston but I also mentioned New York as part of the places that I will be visiting, I also mentioned New York as part of the places I will be visiting to VO during the interview. So can I arrive through New York or it must be that Houston I mentioned in DS-160?

Thank you in advance
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by christopheru(m): 7:08pm On Jun 24, 2023
itoski:

Sarcasm grin grin

it has to be sarcasm bro grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dgabby01: 9:08pm On Jun 24, 2023
Please I need to be cleared on something, if I am asked on my interview concerning my parent(Dad) international travels can I tell them about it without backing it up with something because the passport he used then has expired and lost... I don't know if it's compulsory to always give the vo something to back it up
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 9:45pm On Jun 24, 2023
Dgabby01:
Please I need to be cleared on something, if I am asked on my interview concerning my parent(Dad) international travels can I tell them about it without backing it up with something because the passport he used then has expired and lost... I don't know if it's compulsory to always give the vo something to back it up
Dont worry about.. they wont ask you to provide your dad’s passport.. it’s his personal doc. Good luck

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by realdemi(f): 10:00pm On Jun 24, 2023
Ecious16:

Reach out to Ogundare or drop your number here. I don't know how to put the Whatsapp link here. I am using my laptop.

I got an appointment for Aug 15 through the group. I had seen Sep 21st on my own. But my school resumes August 30, so I waited. Luckily, later in the day, someone posted on the group chat that Aug 15 was open. I rushed to the site and booked. Such a relief!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ogundare26: 12:18am On Jun 25, 2023
WhatsApp only
realdemi:

Reach out to Ogundare or drop your number here. I don't know how to put the Whatsapp link here. I am using my laptop.

I got an appointment for Aug 15 through the group. I had seen Sep 21st on my own. But my school resumes August 30, so I waited. Luckily, later in the day, someone posted on the group chat that Aug 15 was open. I rushed to the site and booked. Such a relief!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mideoma: 2:40am On Jun 25, 2023
Hello. Please,is there anyone who has ever gotten an holiday visa date and was rescheduled ?!?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mideoma: 2:41am On Jun 25, 2023
If you've got ever gotten an holiday visa date and got rescheduled or have a friend that it has happened to? Please,how soon was the person rescheduled ? It's urgent please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Juleskinging: 5:31am On Jun 25, 2023
Hi everyone I need help. I got an Admit for fall 2023 I applied for EA within the 60days specified it's been 7days now I haven't gotten any response from US embassy abuja, help
Kindly add me on WhatsApp forum so i can stay informed 08172108416,
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Juleskinging: 5:32am On Jun 25, 2023
Hi everyone I need help. I got an Admit for fall 2023 I applied for EA within the 60days specified it's been 7days now I haven't gotten any response from US embassy abuja, help
Kindly add me on WhatsApp forum so i can stay informed 08172108416
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Juleskinging: 5:57am On Jun 25, 2023
Help, I applied for an EA at US embassy abuja it's been 7days now no response, I have checked my spam folder. What should I do next. My program start date is August 14th 2023.
Please is there a WhatsApp form where I can get info to prepare for tge F1 visa interview kindly add me 08172108416
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by roqeebahyetunde(f): 8:43am On Jun 25, 2023
Juleskinging:
Help, I applied for an EA at US embassy abuja it's been 7days now no response, I have checked my spam folder. What should I do next. My program start date is August 14th 2023.
Please is there a WhatsApp form where I can get info to prepare for tge F1 visa interview kindly add me 08172108416

They just started attending to backlog of EAs last week, relax you will hear from them in the next 2 weeks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kaka118: 10:50am On Jun 25, 2023
Please can you share me your number so you help me with the Lagos WhatsApp group Ogundare isn't going through
Ogundare26:
WhatsApp only
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kaka118: 10:53am On Jun 25, 2023
Please share me your number so I can add you via WhatsApp so you can share me the link or this is my WhatsApp number 09128257424
realdemi:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mideoma: 10:59am On Jun 25, 2023
If you've got ever gotten an holiday visa date and got rescheduled or have a friend that it has happened to? Please,how soon was the person rescheduled ? It's urgent please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nzealibaba: 12:10pm On Jun 25, 2023
Pls where is the link to book appointment in Lagos
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Yink007: 2:00pm On Jun 25, 2023
Hi guys I’ve rescheduled my appointments up to 4 times , I am still yet to get a date for before my start date in January. I want to confirm how many times I can reschedule before the portal prompts me to pay another MRV fee , also if I can seek for EA still after exhausting my cancellation limit

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (539) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: Instructor001(m), Younggee19, zurumking(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.