Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,129 members, 7,845,747 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (714519 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (548) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 9:57pm On Jun 26, 2023
August 24 is available in lagos
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 9:58pm On Jun 26, 2023
August is available in lagos
christopheru:
Please if you see any available interview date in Lagos, please Quote me even if it's by 2am I will see it. God no go shame us.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by christopheru(m): 8:12am On Jun 27, 2023
Sisib15:
August is available in lagos

Thanks, my resumption date is Aug 28 sad sad
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by christopheru(m): 9:40am On Jun 27, 2023
God is with you.
I am also using an MPower loan. I'm yet to book an appointment tho.

Belle123:
8/12/22
Lagos embassy
First Attempt
Visa Approved
Course MBA in project management
COA : 44k
Mpower loan 48k personal fund 10k

V.O : good morning pass me your passport & I-20 .
Me : good morning here’s my i-20 & passport

V.O : have you ever traveled out of Nigeria before
Me : Yes I’ve been to Lebanon , the United Arab Emirates, Cameroun, Ghana and Rwanda

V.O : typing…….
V.O : What did you have your bachelors in ?
Me : I have a bachelors in Law and a B.L from the Nigerian law school

V.O : How much do you earn on an average monthly
Me : Bleep,xxxx

V.o: typing …………
V.O : Why an M.B.A
Me : I chose to study an mba because it will equip me with the skills and knowledge I need to expand my business into other areas of my industry. An MBA from MSU will also Increase the trajectory of my earning capacity and give me a boost in my career advancement Lastly an international mba on my profile will look very good to potential clients and investors
V.O ( cuts in ) oh you plan on having investors ?

Me : oh yes I do . I plan on expanding my business into other sectors of my industry and I cannot do this with the funding of investors
V.O ( cuts in ) So this Degree is mainly to help expand your business
Me : Yes amongst other benefits

V.O : typing……..

V. O : what business do you do
Me : I’m the founder and creative director of xyz company we are a boutique event company that specialize in the planning and coordination of corporate and social events such as AGM´S Seminars, weddings and anniversaries. We also do event haulage , rentals and logistics as well as event consultancy and hospitality management.

V.O : typing………..

V.O : How many are you in your company ?
Me : we are a growing team of 5 there’s myself the founder , there’s the project manager who is going to be in charge of the business while I’m studying and I’ll also be remotely supervising the activities of the staff and tracking the progress of events

V.O : ( cuts ) oh you plan on leaving your business running ?
Me : Yes i do , i have formulated a business plan with my team and project manager to this effect , we will have scheduled monthly Calls and meetings when I’ll get summary reports of the status of all projects and events . I’ll also be in direct communication with the clients to make sure the standard of customer satisfaction does not drop and that what my team is reporting to me is in fact the true nature of events .

V.O : how long have you had this business for ?
Me : Roughly about 4 years . I founded it in 2018

V.O : Are you married
Me : I’m not married however I’m in a committed relationship with my partner and we plan on getting married and starting a family after I return

V.O : who is financing your education
Me : I have an Mpower loan of 48,000 and personal funds of 10,000 usd

V.O : how much did you say they’re giving you again ?
Me ( at this point I wasn’t sure if she was asking me to defend the loan or tell her more about it so I asked her to repeat the question )
V:O How much is Mpower giving you
Me : oh they’re sponsoring me with 48,000 usd

V.O : typing ( for a long time )
V.O : Congratulations you qualify for a U.S visa at this time , take this white paper and blah blah blah

quote author=Teddiement post=123602726]Wow. Please how were you able to defend that MPOWER loan? Would you kindly post your transcript if possible? Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by christopheru(m): 9:56am On Jun 27, 2023
Your request to schedule an appointment has been received and will be reviewed. You will receive an email once your request is approved.

Please what do I do? I've been seeing this message for long
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sobastical: 11:06am On Jun 27, 2023
christopheru:
Your request to schedule an appointment has been received and will be reviewed. You will receive an email once your request is approved.

Just chill
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by christopheru(m): 11:29am On Jun 27, 2023
Plenty appointment dates in September and October right now in Lagos.

Aug 28th also avail.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dracoe(m): 2:42pm On Jun 27, 2023
How did you guys fill this D160 form, it keeps saying session time out every 5 seconds
I can’t get past the page I’m on now for days
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by christopheru(m): 2:46pm On Jun 27, 2023
Dracoe:
How did you guys fill this D160 form, it keeps saying session time out every 5 seconds

Welcome to the struggle bro. Pls have a seat, grin grin grin there's nothing you can do about it. Keep saving as you progress. It took me a full day.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by krcboy(m): 3:28pm On Jun 27, 2023
I got my visa today at abuja. Here is my transcript:

Firstly I want to thank God for granting me success in this journey, It can only be Him cos the ammount of fear I had based on the fact that I had no funding and COA was on the highside. Omo my advice is do whatever you wan do o, but put God first.
I also wanna thank the creators of this Group cos the knowledge I gain from here Omo. But all in all I want to thank @⁨𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐩𝐬𝐲𝐜𝐡.⁩ for the countless mocks and corrections he did for me @⁨Moshkom⁩ for link ing me to @⁨Waju🌱.⁩ my Ever ready VO who run me mock session even at midnight or anytime I message am. Thank you again @⁨Waju🌱.⁩ @sheila my second VO anytime I dey play PUBG mobile I go dey hear " jona why this course" thank you so much Sheila. Thank you @Jerimiah I no fall your hand. Thanks for the mocks
@⁨~Xavier 💯⁩ @⁨~E Don Soft!!!!!!⁩ @⁨~Zuko✰⁩ @⁨Ted .⁩ thank you all
Small story : Omo i witnessed denial plenty, I saw my guys get denied right in front of me, But I wasnt nervous for some reason I was smiling all through and making jokes with my guys. One guy was asked a question He started talking something them no ask am😭. One Guy in the waiting area, during passport checks, that woman asked him I see you been to Ghana so what year did you go, He said something wrong she disagreed with him then she asked him again how long did you stay in ghana he said 1day(long story short, she seized his old passport and said she was going to flag it )

Interview proper:
SCHOOL : EAST TENNESSEE STATE UNIVERSITY
COURSE :Bsc In Computer and Information Science.
COA: 45,000$
*No Funding*
* VO : BALD MAN IN ABUJA*
* First Attempt*

V.O - Have you travelled outside Nigeria before?

ME- No

V.O-When did you finish your highschool?

ME- In 2019 sir

V.O- What do you do here in Nigeria

ME- Im currently interning as a junior software developer at Microsoft Nigeria, where my roles includes me writing basic codes, assisting the senior software developers in their day to day tasks and also Testing out new softwares.

V.O - So you are working at Microsoft?

ME - No, Im volunteering as an intern at Microsoft Nigeria.

V.O-Who will be paying for your education?

ME - My father has demonstrated his ability to pay for my studies before my i-20 was issued. He is the Chief Medical Director at Reddington hospital in Lagos, as well as a private Medical Consultant to several hospitals around Lagos. Asides from that , He has set aside a savings account which he intends to fund my education with.

V.O- What will you be doing after your program

ME- I will be returning back to Nigeria for my mandatory NYSC program, Afterwhich I will be applying for a job role as a software developer at the Ministry of Science and Technology in Nigeria where I will be working with government agencies to create software solutions that can enhance citizen engagement. (he nodded)

* Small talk him and I had*

So have you paid your sevis fee? (na here I know e don soft)
Yes and he asked how I did, I said I used western Union and he said ohh Nice that it was fast cos I paid it in yesterday and its always slow going from Nigeria to there. and laughed.

Next thing I heard was Everything Looks good, I will be approving your visa this white paper will guide you .... I thanked him and left as I came out of the consular office, I showed everyone that were still in the waiting area my white paper" I don get am" . They laughed and I ran out🤭🤭🤭

Observations ; He likes straight to the point answer and Eye contact, especially when you talking of ur sponsor, make sure you look him directly cos thats when he will pause what he is doing to look at you and judge from there. Also, just try to be calm even if everywhere blue , distract yourself and lastly, pray its important.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 3:44pm On Jun 27, 2023
Congratulations
krcboy:

Firstly I want to thank God for granting me success in this journey, It can only be Him cos the ammount of fear I had based on the fact that I had no funding and COA was on the highside. Omo my advice is do whatever you wan do o, but put God first.
I also wanna thank the creators of this Group cos the knowledge I gain from here Omo. But all in all I want to thank @⁨𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐩𝐬𝐲𝐜𝐡.⁩ for the countless mocks and corrections he did for me @⁨Moshkom⁩ for link ing me to @⁨Waju🌱.⁩ my Ever ready VO who run me mock session even at midnight or anytime I message am. Thank you again @⁨Waju🌱.⁩ @sheila my second VO anytime I dey play PUBG mobile I go dey hear " jona why this course" thank you so much Sheila. Thank you @Jerimiah I no fall your hand. Thanks for the mocks
Small story : Omo i witnessed denial plenty, I saw my guys get denied right in front of me, But I wasnt nervous for some reason I was smiling all through and making jokes with my guys. One guy was asked a question He started talking something them no ask am😭. One Guy in the waiting area, during passport checks, that woman asked him I see you been to Ghana so what year did you go, He said something wrong she disagreed with him then she asked him again how long did you stay in ghana he said 1day(long story short, she seized his old passport and said she was going to flag it )

Interview proper:
*No Funding*
* First Attempt*

ME- No

ME- In 2019 sir

ME- Im currently interning as a junior software developer at Microsoft Nigeria, where my roles includes me writing basic codes, assisting the senior software developers in their day to day tasks and also Testing out new softwares.

ME - My father has demonstrated his ability to pay for my studies before my i-20 was issued. He is the Chief Medical Director at Reddington hospital in Lagos, as well as a private Medical Consultant to several hospitals around Lagos. Asides from that , He has set aside a savings account which he intends to fund my education with.

ME- I will be returning back to Nigeria for my mandatory NYSC program, Afterwhich I will be applying for a job role as a software developer at the Ministry of Science and Technology in Nigeria where I will be working with government agencies to create software solutions that can enhance citizen engagement. (he nodded)

Yes and he asked how I did, I said I used western Union and he said ohh Nice that it was fast cos I paid it in yesterday and its always slow going from Nigeria to there. and laughed.

Next thing I heard was Everything Looks good, I will be approving your visa this white paper will guide you .... I thanked him and left as I came out of the consular office, I showed everyone that were still in the waiting area my white paper" I don get am" . They laughed and I ran out🤭🤭🤭

Observations ; He likes straight to the point answer and Eye contact, especially when you talking of ur sponsor, make sure you look him directly cos thats when he will pause what he is doing to look at you and judge from there. Also, just try to be calm even if everywhere blue , distract yourself and lastly, pray its important.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mojolajesu(m): 4:27pm On Jun 27, 2023
Congratulations!!! I tap into your grace.

This is my school as well but I am going for a masters.

I wish you best of luck in your schooling
krcboy:

Interview proper:
*No Funding*
* First Attempt*

ME- No

ME- In 2019 sir

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dracoe(m): 4:35pm On Jun 27, 2023
christopheru:

Welcome to the struggle bro. Pls have a seat, grin grin grin there's nothing you can do about it. Keep saving as you progress. It took me a full day.

Omo, I just completed this now . Been at it since last week Friday.
What next after this boss ? Application fee ? Appointment schedule ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Fkmtrio: 5:14pm On Jun 27, 2023
Hi everyone.Ladies, If you attending UIS, Springfield and need accomodation, DM.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by krcboy(m): 6:16pm On Jun 27, 2023
mojolajesu:

E go soft no fear

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nashvin: 6:18pm On Jun 27, 2023
Good evening everyone.
Please, I would like to be added to Abuja date search for visa interview.
Anyone one with a whatsapp link to join?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by JMK456: 8:47pm On Jun 27, 2023
If you need a date in lag, I can help you. Just tag this message, let's help you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 8:55pm On Jun 27, 2023
Dracoe:

Use a vpn. Change the location to a European country or a city in the US.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Bleble2022: 8:57pm On Jun 27, 2023
This is my school too going for my Master's
So I tap from your blessing too.

Congratulations!!

mojolajesu:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 8:59pm On Jun 27, 2023
JMK456:
If you need a date in lag, I can help you. Just tag this message, let's help you

If this person is charging, don’t pay. There are numerous dates in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Muyiwa774: 9:37pm On Jun 27, 2023
You can also use Airtel network

Zihno:

Use a vpn. Change the location to a European country or a city in the US.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mojolajesu(m): 12:06am On Jun 28, 2023
this is interesting.

Let’s connect. What course are you going for?

Email me Addisa.baba@yahoo.com
Bleble2022:
This is my school too going for my Master's
So I tap from your blessing too.

Congratulations!!

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Emmymajesty: 7:55am On Jun 28, 2023
JMK456:

I need help
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by realdemi(f): 7:59am On Jun 28, 2023
christopheru:

How long?

If it is more than a week, send them an email.

I had to do same when it was past one week of waiting for their email, and they sent the email two days later.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lenashantell(f): 8:07am On Jun 28, 2023
Please help me decide which is best.
My actual sponsor is my Dad's sister who is a nurse and has been based abroad (same place I'm going) for over 20 years, but I've been advised to use my Dad as my sponsor, he's a lecturer here and we'd have to arrange a statement of account to be able to use him.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by christopheru(m): 8:23am On Jun 28, 2023
realdemi:

How long?

If it is more than a week, send them an email.

I had to do same when it was past one week of waiting for their email, and they sent the email two days later.

I'm in. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ecious16: 9:21am On Jun 28, 2023
Hi guys
Please how long does it take to get a reply on an expedited appointment date request in Lagos.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Vivacious24: 12:08pm On Jun 28, 2023
The same thing apply to me but my program is PhD.
What are the likely questions to expect during the interview, the likelihood of getting visa for all of us.
Pls gurus in the house, treat with urgency. Thank you.

masquellett:
Good evening, please anyone has any experience going for a visa interview with F2 dependents? My cousin is planning of attending the interview with her two kids and wondering what questions they might have for her regarding traveling for masters degree with her kids. Your opinions will be highly appreciated. Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by exxy(m): 12:31pm On Jun 28, 2023
JMK456:

Hey Bro, sending you a pm as regards

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (548) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: deolubajo and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.