Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,472 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (401) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (690034 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (535) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nzealibaba: 9:27pm On Aug 11, 2023
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nzealibaba: 9:28pm On Aug 11, 2023
Sisib15:
US or Canada
USA
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kenny4smart(m): 12:34am On Aug 12, 2023
Kindly share your opinions please.
What are the chances of directly getting into a Ph.D program with just an undergraduate degree in a non-stem field in the US please? I have researched some universities that allow this, however, I’d like to know if there are people that have been successful with this in our midst here or do you advice I go for just masters? I really want to get IN but then I very need funding that comes with P.hD’s which is mainly the motivation for the pursuit of a direct Ph.D.

Note, this undergraduate degree is from a UK university with a potential second class upper grade (2:1).

Your submissions will be much appreciated.
Regards.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ProudlyBalded: 6:21am On Aug 12, 2023
Please I'm new here,.... School starts August 21st and I have applied for EA (Abuja) since about 2 weeks but yet to get a feedback....any help on what to do pls?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ProudlyBalded: 6:30am On Aug 12, 2023
Please i am interested in joining the forum as well.
Thanks.
Ijenwokwe:
Hello pls is there any F1 forum WhatsApp or telegram, kindly drop the link. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Amah23: 7:16am On Aug 12, 2023
Please can I be added to the Abuja group chat for interview available slot. My number is 09056616643.Thank you
suntab002:
Can we have a team of 5 where we can search for Abuja Appointment date. drop your whatsapp number so I can add
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Amah23: 7:17am On Aug 12, 2023
Me too. I applied 22 days ago, nothing yet.
ProudlyBalded:
Please I'm new here,.... School starts August 21st and I have applied for EA (Abuja) since about 2 weeks but yet to get a feedback....any help on what to do pls?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Amah23: 7:19am On Aug 12, 2023
I'm interested too please. Kindly add me to the group. 09056616643
ProudlyBalded:

Please i am interested in joining the forum as well.
Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Almira8443: 10:45am On Aug 12, 2023
Amah23:
I'm interested too please. Kindly add me to the group. 09056616643
Me too oh
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Niftyci: 12:09pm On Aug 12, 2023
Can you tell the VO at the embassy that you applied to a particular community college (engineering program) because that's the only pathway to bleep university

OR

You tell the VO that "upon my return, if there's need to advance my knowledge then I'll seek for a different visa for that purpose

Please I need answer. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by WISE89: 1:04pm On Aug 12, 2023
Good afternoon, My wife is an F1 student in the US she curently pregnant. The state shes in says that they have a charity organisation that help pregnant F1 students pay their martneity bill. she aksed them if it's medicaid they said no that the charity is just for a year.
My question is ?
1, I hope this will not affect me when i apply for an F2 visa.
2, Will it be in her records that she gave birth in the US using a charity organisation, though she asked them this particular question and they said they don't send any information to immgration
3, Can i apply for an F1 visa instead of an f2 so i wont have any trace that i''m related to her incase its a probelm that she deliverd with the help of a charity Organisation.
4, She stated she was married in her DS160 form with my name as her husband.
5, Will they find out if i apply for an F1 and state in my DS160 that i dont know anyone in the US.

Please i need help cause i need to be around when she gives birth so i can take care of the baby while she continues her studies.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Cousiim: 4:49pm On Aug 12, 2023
Does any one knows any school that funds in spring ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by JMG12: 8:14pm On Aug 12, 2023
It is possible but you need to display an excellent skill, find a project supervisor that is willing to work with you, try to have a publication
Kenny4smart:
Kindly share your opinions please.
What are the chances of directly getting into a Ph.D program with just an undergraduate degree in a non-stem field in the US please? I have researched some universities that allow this, however, I’d like to know if there are people that have been successful with this in our midst here or do you advice I go for just masters? I really want to get IN but then I very need funding that comes with P.hD’s which is mainly the motivation for the pursuit of a direct Ph.D.

Note, this undergraduate degree is from a UK university with a potential second class upper grade (2:1).

Your submissions will be much appreciated.
Regards.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by JMG12: 8:22pm On Aug 12, 2023
1. It will not affect
2. No, the child becomes a citizen she gave birth in the states that is what matters
5. kindly declare your status but work on your home ties.
Send an email to guide you on home ties
WISE89:
Good afternoon, My wife is an F1 student in the US she curently pregnant. The state shes in says that they have a charity organisation that help pregnant F1 students pay their martneity bill. she aksed them if it's medicaid they said no that the charity is just for a year.
My question is ?
2, Will it be in her records that she gave birth in the US using a charity organisation, though she asked them this particular question and they said they don't send any information to immgration
3, Can i apply for an F1 visa instead of an f2 so i wont have any trace that i''m related to her incase its a probelm that she deliverd with the help of a charity Organisation.
5, Will they find out if i apply for an F1 and state in my DS160 that i dont know anyone in the US.

Please i need help cause i need to be around when she gives birth so i can take care of the baby while she continues her studies.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kenny4smart(m): 11:08pm On Aug 12, 2023
JMG12:
It is possible but you need to display an excellent skill, find a project supervisor that is willing to work with you, try to have a publication

Thank you comrade.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tkulthenoble: 3:27am On Aug 13, 2023
Omo, first time I seeing Depaul oo. Lets link up please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tkulthenoble: 3:29am On Aug 13, 2023
Yomi174:
Who’s going to DePaul university for Fall !??
First time I am seeing Depaul oo. Lets link up please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 7:17am On Aug 13, 2023
Doyin400l:

$100 value has now turn $10.

Price of groceries up than ever.
Go on Twitter under Joe Biden page and see how real Americans are complaining of inflation and High cost of living.

If you no hold money as intl student body go tell u.

America is not eldorado. Tell them
Haba how $100 has turned to $10.. are you talking about Naija or US?

Abeg this is best time to be an intl student. US job market is super-strong , so most American students wont be fighting for those low-paying campus jobs with Intl students..so intl students are gonna getbjobs Americans dont wanna do… lal las dollars wey allman wan make in peace
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 7:19am On Aug 13, 2023
Yomi174:
Who’s going to DePaul university for Fall !??
Congrats. Very expensive school Catholic School. Watch out for Chicago parking tickets when you buy a car.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 7:28am On Aug 13, 2023
WISE89:
My question is ?

1: Nope
2: Nope. Some Republican states dont want to cover the mom because she’s not a PR student, but once your baby is born, she/he is automatically covered.
3: Why dont apply for F2 1st, visit and go back and then apply for F1… by then you would have established that you didnt japa with ur F2 visa
4: Dont go wake up trouble
5: Dont go wake up trouble

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 7:29am On Aug 13, 2023
kallowdean:
Stay tuned 📢
For those of you that know me during the 2018 - 2021 years. I am back again. For the ones that do not know me or are newbies, please read through my old post on this platform from 2017 upwards.
Now for 2023/2024 project:
If you're planning to apply to universities in the USA 🇺🇸 or are already in the process and need assistance with application fees, we will be selecting 3 genuine prospective students randomly who retweet and like this post. Here are the requirements:
1. You must be following & have notifications turned on for Twitter @Naija2US
2. Your application fee must be $100 or below.
3. You must be applying for Fall 2024.
4. You must be applying for a STEM program.
5. You must respond with " AM INTERESTED" to the post on Twitter.
We will expand to include other programs in the future.
#applicationsfall2024
Wayo or clout chaser or all of the abovd

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 7:33am On Aug 13, 2023
Doyin400l:

With the nature of my work, I always communicate with American business owners and we spoke alot of times, people are moving to a gun-free society and even he my partner is also looking to moving his family to the Netherlands.

7years boy can even pull a trigger in the classroom.

I will keep advocating this to inform some of you here. It's not all rosy with gun.

Rip to anikemoses - graduate of Troy university who died last year.
You have better odds of being killed by armed robbers or terrorists in Naija than being killed by gun in the US.. How much is UK measly wage Vs US??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nzealibaba: 8:25am On Aug 13, 2023
Please as the exchange rate keeps going higher .. are we to get the complete POF with the new exchange rate
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by WISE89: 8:31am On Aug 13, 2023
BigIyanga:

1: Nope
2: Nope. Some Republican states dont want to cover the mom because she’s not a PR student, but once your baby is born, she/he is automatically covered.
3: Why dont apply for F2 1st, visit and go back and then apply for F1… by then you would have established that you didnt japa with ur F2 visa
4: Dont go wake up trouble
5: Dont go wake up trouble

Thank you so much!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by WISE89: 8:33am On Aug 13, 2023
JMG12:
1. It will not affect
2. No, the child becomes a citizen she gave birth in the states that is what matters
5. kindly declare your status but work on your home ties.
Send an email to guide you on home ties

Thank you, I just sent you an email.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Yomi174: 10:20am On Aug 13, 2023
[quote author=Tkulthenoble post=125071864]
First time I am seeing Depaul oo. Let’s link up please.[/quot

Oya na
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nifeyetunde1: 10:59am On Aug 13, 2023
krcboy:

best defer that admission to spring. go for ur imterview in september. Get ur visa and travel december
please do I need an additional document to take with me for the interview, to prove that I defer my admission to spring? Or is it after I receive my visa then I will now use the Visa approval to defer my admission or what? Please explain please 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by preshogor: 2:30pm On Aug 13, 2023
Pls who has contact for 25million statement of account for a fee, kindly email at preciousogor2@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by krcboy(m): 5:30pm On Aug 13, 2023
Nifeyetunde1:
please do I need an additional document to take with me for the interview, to prove that I defer my admission to spring? Or is it after I receive my visa then I will now use the Visa approval to defer my admission or what? Please explain please 🙏

Your school will issue you the spring i20.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tkulthenoble: 5:47pm On Aug 13, 2023
[quote author=Yomi174 post=125076013][/quote]
Omo I dont know how to use this Niaraland Email or DM.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 5:54pm On Aug 13, 2023
Jidesam01:
Hello everyone, I'm new here. I've begun my admission process by submitting my application, and I'll be completing my WES evaluation by the end of next week. I have a question: once I'm admitted, do I need to have funding for the entire two years, or is funding for the first session sufficient as proof of funds? Also I’m currently working as a software developer and I’m going for masters in information systems, what are the odds? Thanks
Proof of funds is needed to have your school issue form I-20. 1 year cost of attendance is usually required. Money doesnt need be in your account or sponsor’s account for more than 3 months cos it will tie up funds unless you’re loaded in this economy.. Good luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by iseoluwa89(m): 7:30pm On Aug 13, 2023
Good day all, please I am trying to fill ds-160 but at the stage of confirming the photo(the photo has been marked accepted though) and I click on use this photo, the error "An error occurred while processing your photo" appears. I have used several different passport photo that is acceptable but same error and I have also used a different browser.
Anyone experienced this before??
Also, can i proceed to scheduling appointment even though I am yet to submit the ds-160 due to this error?

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (535) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: Blackfinegirl(f), mikeysorg and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.