Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (402) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (684540 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (533) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by SpongeBobSP: 7:54pm On Aug 13, 2023
SpongeBobSP:
Hi guys.
Please I need your input here.
So my sis recently got a refusal, and according to her, she mentioned half of the funds on the I-20 when asked about savings as that's what she had a hard copy proof of and the VO said she had to show all before handing over the blue paper and advising to reapply if circumstances changes.
The thing is she actually had the entire funds but in a separate fixed deposit account cos she thought she didn't need to show all that, so now that question is how do we prove to the VO that the lump sum had been available all the while?

And also, is it advisable to reapply after the 3 working days they like they said? (if she can get a date)
Or just defer and try getting it right next spring session?

Look forward to any helpful response to this.
Thanks.
Please, does anyone have an answer or suggestion regarding this my question.
Would really appreciate some feedback. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by krcboy(m): 2:51am On Aug 14, 2023
SpongeBobSP:

Please, does anyone have an answer or suggestion regarding this my question.
Would really appreciate some feedback. Thanks.
Dont rush to reapply, Do what u suggested , defer and try to get it right for spring. This journey isnt rush rush
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by misterditto: 8:07am On Aug 14, 2023
Goodday Profs,

I am currently studying MSc in Health and Safety in UK (grad next month) and I applied for MSc in project management in U.S (Spring 2024). Where do u think I stand a chance of getting visa; to apply in UK or Nigeria I need guide and support on how to go about the whole process. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by iseoluwa89(m): 12:18pm On Aug 14, 2023
misterditto:
Goodday Profs,

I am currently studying MSc in Health and Safety in UK (grad next month) and I applied for MSc in project management in U.S (Spring 2024). Where do u think I stand a chance of getting visa; to apply in UK or Nigeria I need guide and support on how to go about the whole process. Thanks

You stand a better chance of getting your visa in the UK. Dates are readily available for students and chances are high provided you have ur BRP valid. But u need to be ready to defend your change in program/second Msc.
All the best!

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Cousiim: 12:35pm On Aug 14, 2023
iseoluwa89:

You stand a better chance of getting your visa in the UK. Dates are readily available for students and chances are high provided you have ur BRP valid. But u need to be ready to defend your change in program/second Msc.
All the best!

Defending the second Msc is where the problem is for me ๐Ÿ™ƒ

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AnitaofEurope: 1:19pm On Aug 14, 2023
NightCyrax:

Certainly!
Pls add me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 2:03pm On Aug 14, 2023
Cousiim:

Defending the second Msc is where the problem is for me ๐Ÿ™ƒ
Then you need to explore other options like PhD programs

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 2:08pm On Aug 14, 2023
SpongeBobSP:
Hi guys.
Please I need your input here.
So my sis recently got a refusal, and according to her, she mentioned half of the funds on the I-20 when asked about savings as that's what she had a hard copy proof of and the VO said she had to show all before handing over the blue paper and advising to reapply if circumstances changes.
The thing is she actually had the entire funds but in a separate fixed deposit account cos she thought she didn't need to show all that, so now that question is how do we prove to the VO that the lump sum had been available all the while?

And also, is it advisable to reapply after the 3 working days they like they said? (if she can get a date)
Or just defer and try getting it right next spring session?

Look forward to any helpful response to this.
Thanks.
So she mentioned half of funds on the I-20 because she wasn't aware of money in the fixed deposit account?

How did she obtain the I-20โ€ฆ with half POF or full?

Did she go with bank statements?
Who is her sponsor?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by olowoba2: 3:42pm On Aug 14, 2023
christopheru:
Who else took an MPower loan? Abeg gather here let's discuss because omorrr.

How long does it take to secure MPOWER loan after applying?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 14, 2023
Hi guys, please how much is TOEFL ibt exam in Nigeria? I am asking for my sister.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 4:24pm On Aug 14, 2023
Revman:
Hi guys, please how much is TOEFL ibt exam in Nigeria? I am asking for my sister.
This is something you could have found on toefl website easily.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 14, 2023
BigIyanga:

This is something you could have found on toefl website easily.

I did check but was not clear on it that's why I came here.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nifeyetunde1: 9:25pm On Aug 14, 2023
krcboy:

Your school will issue you the spring i20.
before going for my interview?or after the interview when visa is approve?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mitoo: 12:02am On Aug 15, 2023
Hello Japaites. Please I need advice. I omitted a lot of stuff when filling my DS160 for my first interview. Now that I'm going again I'm thinking of including all. Problem is that my work experience doesn't show a career progression. For instance I switched from Data science to interior design and so on (thanks to the naija job market). What I'll like to know is if the VO will have access to my former DS160 to see what I submitted during my first interview. Thank y'all for your advice in advance ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿพ
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mitoo: 12:04am On Aug 15, 2023
Nifeyetunde1:
Before the interview
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Talk2leke(m): 2:41am On Aug 15, 2023
Hello guys. Please is any one here going or already in University of Minnesota? I need help and itโ€™s quite urgent. Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by krcboy(m): 3:23am On Aug 15, 2023
Nifeyetunde1:

bfr
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by krcboy(m): 3:24am On Aug 15, 2023
Mitoo:
Hello Japaites. Please I need advice. I omitted a lot of stuff when filling my DS160 for my first interview. Now that I'm going again I'm thinking of including all. Problem is that my work experience doesn't show a career progression. For instance I switched from Data science to interior design and so on (thanks to the naija job market). What I'll like to know is if the VO will have access to my former DS160 to see what I submitted during my first interview. Thank y'all for your advice in advance ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿพ

yup all records are permanent with the Embassy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by misterditto: 4:22am On Aug 15, 2023
iseoluwa89:

All the best!

Thanks so much, I appreciate your input. Yeah I still have valid BRP and in the real sense health and safety is relevant/relatable to project management. I had 9years experience before I went for MSc in Health and Safety with some Intl certifications in the same field even working in the same field in UK. MSc result is not yet out reason why I cant apply for PhD now. I am open to guide/support/advice and been tutor of the journey.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Meel: 5:38am On Aug 15, 2023
misterditto:

Thanks so much, I appreciate your input. Yeah I still have valid BRP and in the real sense health and safety is relevant/relatable to project management. I had 9years experience before I went for MSc in Health and Safety with some Intl certifications in the same field even working in the same field in UK. MSc result is not yet out reason why I cant apply for PhD now. I am open to guide/support/advice and been tutor of the journey.

If the unavailability of your MSc result is why you're not applying for a PhD then you're quite misinformed. You don't need a MSc to apply for a PhD in US. Check out Direct PhD.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ndnice: 7:28am On Aug 15, 2023
Good morning all. Please add me to a whatsapp group for appointment date search for Abuja embassy. 08138324317 Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Pasca07: 9:39am On Aug 15, 2023
iseoluwa89:

All the best!
what about home ties?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Najdorf: 12:21pm On Aug 15, 2023
When booking flight do you need a return a ticket? I want to book one way to save cost.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dmamayes: 12:25pm On Aug 15, 2023
Good morning my people. I just got visa appointment date for 19 oct 2023. F2. pls I need help with preparations. like mock up. pls help me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 1:43pm On Aug 15, 2023
Najdorf:
When booking flight do you need a return a ticket? I want to book one way to save cost.
No you dontโ€ฆ but there isnt much difference btw return and onewy tixs
Also, you can pay a change fee with a return tix when you want to visit Naija. Some tixs can be valid for 2yrs .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by MrJoseph92: 3:38pm On Aug 15, 2023
Revman:

I did check but was not clear on it that's why I came here.

if you use the Pay4Me.app to pay for your TOEFL fee, it will cost you 174,720.0 naira. Search more about Pay4me on google.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by verminnel(f): 4:41pm On Aug 15, 2023
preshogor:
Pls who has contact for 25million statement of account for a fee, kindly email at preciousogor2@gmail.com
hi were you able to get any?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 15, 2023
MrJoseph92:

if you use the Pay4Me.app to pay for your TOEFL fee, it will cost you 174,720.0 naira. Search more about Pay4me on google.

Thank you very much. I do appreciate your answer.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Talk2leke(m): 8:12pm On Aug 15, 2023
Hello everyone, please who is in University of Minnesota. Itโ€™s really urgent.

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (533) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

Viewing this topic: LadeeE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.