Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,307 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (440) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (704147 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (542) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Harkindeylee(m): 8:57pm On Nov 20, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by SammyT95(m): 8:58pm On Nov 20, 2023

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BETHANY2024: 9:23pm On Nov 20, 2023
Hi SammyT95,
The link is not highlighted.
Could you please resend the link in an highlighted format so I could click as well?

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by SammyT95(m): 9:27pm On Nov 20, 2023
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BETHANY2024: 9:30pm On Nov 20, 2023
Okay will do.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Chanbaby: 9:32pm On Nov 20, 2023
Taal17:

Ask him if he has applied for US visa before
Or did his wife or girlfriend apply
Or has he used an agent for do his application
Drill him well
It may have been years ago

He hasn't applied for a US Visa before.
No to all your questions.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Chanbaby: 9:34pm On Nov 20, 2023
TWoods:

Simple. The VO did not think he satisfied the home ties requirement.

Thank you very much for your response.
Should he reapply immediately since school is resuming in January?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lavaqueen(f): 12:15am On Nov 21, 2023
Pls, is there anyone here that has ever had their US visa interview at Benin republic before or knows anyone that has?

Would really appreciate an affirmation.

Thank you and good luck y’all.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by cyb3rgirl: 7:54am On Nov 21, 2023
SammyT95:
Send me a message on WhatsApp and I will add you to the group

0905 336 4042

Please I’ve sent you a message on WhatsApp, kindly reply.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Oluwadamilola97: 8:40am On Nov 21, 2023
BETHANY2024:
Hi Oluwadamilola97

Good evening, I am an intending F1 student and was denied visa on July 30, 2023 and since then trying to get a new date after paying a new visa fee, yet my portal keeps saying ''no available dates now''

Wanted to know how you got your date as I can see you recently posted to inform that you got a date. Are you a first timer or what kind of suggestion would have post for us 2nd attempt to get a date in December 2023.

Thanks.

I am sorry about that, I am actually a first timer.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NUELUSA2023: 12:13pm On Nov 21, 2023
BETHANY2024:
Hi Oluwadamilola97

Good evening, I am an intending F1 student and was denied visa on July 30, 2023, and since then trying to get a new date after paying a new visa fee, yet my portal keeps saying ''no available dates now.''

Thanks.

I think there is somewhere you have to select; not previously denied, before you can schedule date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BETHANY2024: 12:19pm On Nov 21, 2023
Thanks,
But selecting that option, don't you think it will be a problem as it says selecting that option if you have been denied a visa within the 6 months time, that the appointment will be canceled?
Just want to be sure not getting into trouble with this US people.

Thanks and further suggestions if someone has done that got a date without appointment cancellation and got visa?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 12:29pm On Nov 21, 2023
BETHANY2024:
Hi Oluwadamilola97

Good evening, I am an intending F1 student and was denied visa on July 30, 2023 and since then trying to get a new date after paying a new visa fee, yet my portal keeps saying ''no available dates now''

Wanted to know how you got your date as I can see you recently posted to inform that you got a date. Are you a first timer or what kind of suggestion would have post for us 2nd attempt to get a date in December 2023.

Thanks.

Hey !

You have to wait for another 6 months before you can qualify for an emergency Appointment again . There is a section where you will have to answer yes or no to the question " are you previously denied visa ..and you have to say YES because they have your record .

That aside , nothing is impossible with persistent work and prayer since you have already bought another MRV ..abi ? You can't trow the receipt away 😊

1. Try change your location if you don't mind and see if you can get any date ... Pick that date first even if it's 2030 and start using your reschedule Appointment option .... I doubt if they will give you the option of emergency but keep using the reschedule option to see if you will see 2024 date ...

2. Call the CGI and explain your ordeal who knows God can interven and you receive favour .

3. Defer your admission , get another Form I 20 for summer / fall 2024 and before then you should be able to get an appropriate Appointment. Don't rush ..work on why you were denied and use this 2nd time to prepare.

Don't Give up.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Leftrightcenter(m): 12:49pm On Nov 21, 2023
Well as I earlier stated, you have to define the path you want whether you want to enter into clinical field, academia or research.
Bear in mind that PhD takes time(≥3 years) and with PhD you will likely enter into academia or research. If time is not an issue to you, you may go for the PhD after or during which you can navigate your way into clinical nursing (writing NCLEX, obtaining licence, etc) but the little concern is loosing track along the way as you stated.
You can try masters or PhD in nursing, MPH, physiology, etc. You can research for schools that offer such.

Requirements for PhD programs as someone already stated depends on the school. But some schools I researched sometimes ago require GRE, minimum of 3.0 GPA, interview, etc. Most admit direct from BSc. However, for public health(PhD in epidemiology, biostatistics, maternal and child health, etc), an MPH or MSPH degree is almost always required.
Any health related field(like anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, etc) that you took course in during your undergraduate program may not really be a deviation.
ColdHunter:

Thank you Sir for your kind reply.

I already looked up MSC admissions in both countries for Nursing and found that I have to be licensed to practice before I can enroll and licensing requires writing NCLEX too.

I considered applying for MSC in other Health fields like Gerontology but I'm afraid it may be a deviation from my undergraduate field.

Also, for the PhD, what would be the requirement?

Sorry to bother you.

Cc: ludachriz, biglyanga

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ColdHunter(f): 1:03pm On Nov 21, 2023
Leftrightcenter:
Well as I earlier stated, you have to define the path you want whether you want to enter into clinical field, academia or research.
Bear in mind that PhD takes time(≥3 years) and with PhD you will likely enter into academia or research. If time is not an issue to you, you may go for the PhD after or during which you can navigate your way into clinical nursing (writing NCLEX, obtaining licence, etc) but the little concern is loosing track along the way as you stated.
You can try masters or PhD in nursing, MPH, physiology, etc. You can research for schools that offer such.

Requirements for PhD programs as someone already stated depends on the school. But some schools I researched sometimes ago require GRE, minimum of 3.0 GPA, interview, etc. Most admit direct from BSc. However, for public health(PhD in epidemiology, biostatistics, maternal and child health, etc), an MPH or MSPH degree is almost always required.
Any health related field(like anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, etc) that you took course in during your undergraduate program may not really be a deviation.

I appreciate
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by CuteLexy(m): 2:38pm On Nov 21, 2023
Gent2nice:
Hello people. A principal applicant (in US already) is covering the Cost of living of the F2- dependent (spouse and kid). The i-20 reads PERSONAL FUND, i.e. personal fund of the principal applicant. When filling DS-160 of the spouse and kid, what should be answered to the question who is sponsoring? Is the option SELF appropriate?

Good day Gent2nice,

I am contacting you about the F1 visa WhatsApp group you mentioned in your previous post. If it is still open I have someone who is interested in joining, he needs clarity on his us student visa application and if possible help with a mock interview.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ernalbeat: 5:07pm On Nov 21, 2023
I have not been able to get past the review stage
After paying for visa fees. It’s been 14days now. How long does this take please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Victor6677889: 5:24pm On Nov 21, 2023
ernalbeat:
I have not been able to get past the review stage
After paying for visa fees. It’s been 14days now. How long does this take please.

For lagos embassy right ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Taal17: 6:42pm On Nov 21, 2023
Lawal1555:

What would have happened if he had applied before, someone else had applied on his behalf, or he had used an agent? How did this affect his rejection? I don’t get your response here

If he used an agent and the agent filled he was married
If he had applied for a visit visa in the past and was advised that being married would be best to get approval
If he had a gf who applied for a visa and filled his name as her husband.

Based on the OP post the VO asked if he was married.

If there's anything on their database that has him married then it's misrepresentation.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by oluwasayotinu: 9:00pm On Nov 21, 2023
I got my US interview approved in Lagos some weeks back. All thanks to a youtuber 'shaykorner' who explained in detailed how she and her friend got approved. I would highly recommend you to checkout YT and btw she responds to messages on time. I wish everyone the best.

CuteLexy:

Good day Gent2nice,

I am contacting you about the F1 visa WhatsApp group you mentioned in your previous post. If it is still open I have someone who is interested in joining, he needs clarity on his us student visa application and if possible help with a mock interview.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lawal1555: 10:02pm On Nov 21, 2023
Taal17:

If he used an agent and the agent filled he was married
If he had applied for a visit visa in the past and was advised that being married would be best to get approval
If he had a gf who applied for a visa and filled his name as her husband.

Based on the OP post the VO asked if he was married.

If there's anything on their database that has him married then it's misrepresentation.

The visa officer won't automatically assume that his girlfriend name is also his name just because someone else with that name has been denied for a visa as a husband. There are many people with the same first and last name, and the VO doesn't base their decision on past applications. As long as your name and date of birth have not changed since your previous application, there should be no issue."
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Reetah7: 3:17am On Nov 22, 2023
Please who has booked flight with studentUniverse before?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by LewisHamilton15: 5:54am On Nov 22, 2023
TWoods:

The only convincing reason is the truth. Kids will have to qualify for a visa on their own merit.
TWoods I have longed to see you comment in this section. I need your help in area of personal statement and SoP. Can I dm?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TWoods(m): 6:32am On Nov 22, 2023
LewisHamilton15:
TWoods I have longed to see you comment in this section. I need your help in area of personal statement and SoP. Can I dm?

Your personal statement and statement of purpose are reflections of your own views and perspectives. They should express your individuality and be unique to you. Nobody can write one for you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Moshkom0: 7:11am On Nov 22, 2023
Imagine eagerly anticipating a specific outcome, replaying scenarios in your mind, each with the same result. You yearn for that positive response, the affirmation, those golden words saying, "Your visa is approved." You've rehearsed this moment countless times, envisioning your reaction, only for reality to unfold differently as the blue paper and your passport are handed back without the awaited approval, and the golden words being said.

This is for everyone who has faced rejection, felt disheartened, and believed it was the end when, in fact, it was just the very beginning for a whole new journey to unfold.

To those on the verge of abandoning their dreams, hold on—there's a brighter day ahead, a designated time when those coveted words will finally come to pass.

In the midst of it all, hold onto your faith in God. Pray and entrust everything to Him, for He always listens. Though it might be challenging, at the appointed time, things will fall into place.

Imagine, even those with full funding, extensive mock practices, designated chosen embassy locations, and perfected speeches all properly set for their visa approval and yet they face denials, imagine the pain in their hearts, not to talk of those who have no funding or the required prowess needed to aid their visa interview, in short “anybody fit chop breakfast”.

Don't dwell on it too much; there's always a glimmer of hope at the end of the tunnel.

Have you ever taught of it? The failures and hardship we get in any circumstance or any point of our life makes the story success even better and self fulfilling, Success often emerges in the midst of failures.

Stay resilient, don't surrender, and remember, we'll all triumph together

Beyond the visa challenges, believe me, there's much more awaiting in the future. The uncertainties/challenges ahead add to the beauty of the whole journey. Stand firm, hold your head high, have faith, as all of this is just a phase that will pass, and your strength will see you through.

I am MOSHKOM and sincerely and genuinely wishing you guys LUCK and WHITE

Happy THANKSGIVING to everyone out there

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by LudaChriz(m): 10:43am On Nov 22, 2023
A quick one... Is it safe to say that the cost of processing UK Visa is far more expense than that of the US? Assume same length of program
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by LudaChriz(m): 10:45am On Nov 22, 2023
TWoods:

Your personal statement and statement of purpose are reflections of your own views and perspectives. They should express your individuality and be unique to you. Nobody can write one for you.

You're saying "what ought to be" but obviously not "what is"

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Observer25: 1:53pm On Nov 22, 2023
LudaChriz:
A quick one... Is it safe to say that the cost of processing UK Visa is far more expense than that of the US? Assume same length of program

By far. Uk more expensive. I did both for relatives this year

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by teewhyhomes: 4:11pm On Nov 22, 2023
Think Real Estate? Think Teewhyhomes!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kjayy: 6:22pm On Nov 22, 2023
Good evening,
Please I'm trying to schedule an emergency appointment but am getting this message.

Please has anyone experience such?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by lifeofgolden1: 9:11pm On Nov 22, 2023
Which embassy is this - Lagos or Abuja?

Kjayy:
Good evening,
Please I'm trying to schedule an emergency appointment but am getting this message.

Please has anyone experience such?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by LewisHamilton15: 9:45pm On Nov 22, 2023
TWoods:

You are not writing for me, you will only guide me please 🙏🙏

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (542) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.