Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,620 members, 7,823,712 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (458) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (690181 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (535) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 12:51pm On Dec 29, 2023
Honiejenny:

Please How can I reach you privately? I tried sending a dm here. Did you get it?

Hey 🤠

You should have seen my email @ the end of my piece . Anyways you can leave yours i will reach out .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 12:54pm On Dec 29, 2023
Naijalarry:

Great and very very helpful reply.

Hey 🤠

@Naijalarry . Thanks for your accolade . You have your points anyways . Nobody here is wiser than God. We are all sharing personal experiences and researches .

One love will make Nigeria greater than this . We don't have to be @ loggerhead s most time . Thank you once again and congratulations to that your contact .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tinafusty: 1:19pm On Dec 29, 2023
Naijalarry:

Congratulations.

When I told NewBoyKhashoggi that full funding without deficit will make your visa interview very easy, he was arguing with me.
The truth of the matter is,full funding makes your f1 visa application 80% successful, then with home ties you are good to go, u cannot score 80% in an exam and u will fail, why denial sometimes is maybe the VO has meant its approval limit for that day or your village people have vowed not to let you enter usa

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Honiejenny: 2:41pm On Dec 29, 2023
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey 🤠

You should have seen my email @ the end of my piece . Anyways you can leave yours i will reach out .

Best Wishes 🙏

Your email is not in your message. Can you drop yours so I can send your an email? I am not so comfortable dropping my email online if you don’t mind 🙏, or maybe send me a dm, I really do not know how the dm works on here
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 2:49pm On Dec 29, 2023
Honiejenny:

Your email is not in your message. Can you drop yours so I can send your an email? I am not so comfortable dropping my email online if you don’t mind 🙏, or maybe send me a dm, I really do not know how the dm works on here

Hey 🤠

I am not comfortable dropping my email too. We re both privacy person . Glance through the down end of this email (best wishes) you will see my email .staffroom. .. Or drop a simulated email for me .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Honiejenny: 5:32pm On Dec 29, 2023
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey 🤠

I am not comfortable dropping my email too. We re both privacy person . Glance through the down end of this email (best wishes) you will see my email .staffroom. .. Or drop a simulated email for me .

Best Wishes 🙏

So yea I think NL removes your email because it doesn’t show in this message after (best wishes). But I saw your email in your bio and I have sent a message to you via email. So I hope it is the right one. Let me know if you received it.

Thank you 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 5:43pm On Dec 29, 2023
[quote author=Honiejenny post=127683196]

So yea I think NL removes your email because it doesn’t show in this message after (best wishes). But I saw your email in your bio and I have sent a message to you via email. So I hope it is the right one. Let me know if you received it.

Hey 🤠

Yes Have responded. Let's see how it plays .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by evidenceconfirm: 6:06pm On Dec 29, 2023
Hi friends, Please I would like to ask, in the DS-160, does the question of who is the person/entity paying for your trip mean the person paying for my flight ticket or the person sponsoring my study? Note: I was awarded full funding (Teaching Assistantship) which covers tuition and stipends.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by evidenceconfirm: 6:07pm On Dec 29, 2023
Please I would like to ask, in the DS-160, does the question of who is the person/entity paying for your trip mean the person paying for my flight ticket or the person sponsoring my study? Note: I was awarded full funding (Teaching Assistantship) which covers tuition and stipends.

Naijalarry:

Congratulations.

When I told NewBoyKhashoggi that full funding without deficit will make your visa interview very easy, he was arguing with me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tinafusty: 8:40pm On Dec 29, 2023
evidenceconfirm:
Hi friends, Please I would like to ask, in the DS-160, does the question of who is the person/entity paying for your trip mean the person paying for my flight ticket or the person sponsoring my study? Note: I was awarded full funding (Teaching Assistantship) which covers tuition and stipends.
It means your sponsor, not only flight ticket but the whole expenses for the trip
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 9:12pm On Dec 29, 2023
evidenceconfirm:

Hey 🤠

I hope you are not confused right now ? @Tinafusty said your Sponsor , while @Naijalarry said ..The person paying for your flight ticket . Divided house 🙄

I don't want to intervene . But somebody help !!

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 10:37pm On Dec 29, 2023
Naijalarry:

Either you're not okay, or something is wrong upstairs.

Hey 🤠

@Naijalarry . Its you or Tinafausty that is not okay . You are confusing Nairalanders with your foolish tricks .

He or she just got her visa yesterday and you were the 1st person to congratulate her in order to proof your scholarship fables ....

Visa Approved
F1
Lagos embassy
6:30 am
28th of December, 2023
Black American Lady
First attempt
Fully funded
Purdue University (US), Ph.D. in Agric & Bio Engr.

1. Today , someone who got visa approved yesterday is not busy preparing for travel itinerary , she or he is still not in the Happy mood with friends and family , she or he has jumped on Nairaland immediately answering questions 😃

2 And she or he gave an answer which you are disputing . Why are you disputing the answer of the person that just got visa ?

3. Blind leading the blind .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by delzypswag(m): 2:40am On Dec 30, 2023
Hi everyone, pls I have a 2.7 undergraduate GPA and GRE score of 290. I'm looking for MSc Computer Science or any comp science related course with funding in the US. Pls anyone help me with vital info.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 5:04am On Dec 30, 2023
delzypswag:
Hi everyone, pls I have a 2.7 undergraduate GPA and GRE score of 290. I'm looking for MSc Computer Science or any comp science related course with funding in the US. Pls anyone help me with vital info.

Hey 🤠

If your undergraduate degree/certificate is direct Bsc , then your CGPA of 2.7 after evaluation (WES) or before evaluation is sitting on the fence .

**** Many US universities also accept students with GRE scores between 290-300.

1. Let's see may be a good Samaritan from Nairaland will give you possible list of schools to reach out to .

2. If the help is not coming forth, then use Google as your last resort and search Public Universities in the USA , pick the schools one by one and send them (Graduate School, International Admissions Office ) enquiry email. You will definitely see positive responses .

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 5:26am On Dec 30, 2023
evidenceconfirm:

Hey 🤠

For the sake of future readers ;

On DS 160, The question (Who is the ) Person/Entity paying for your trip means ....WHO IS FUNDING or SPONSORING or BACKING your whole academic sojourn in the USA financially .

1. Answer to this question is of great value. Therefore, if you have received a scholarship, then mention that. (write the name of the institution that has awarded you the scholarship) . ... Go along with your scholarship award letters ..print out all the congratulatory emails and insert it inside your Form I 20.

2. Otherwise, mention the name of your sponsor, who might be your Guardian, Mother or Father or Loan company or your employer , etc.

3. They just want to know where the money is coming from or how you want to cover your expenses .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by LudaChriz(m): 10:20am On Dec 30, 2023
Tinafusty:
Visa Approved
F1
Lagos embassy
6:30 am
28th of December, 2023
Black American Lady
First attempt
Fully funded
Purdue University (US), Ph.D. in Agric & Bio Engr.

I got there quite early at exactly 5:10am and was the second person there. Everywhere was quiet and was looking like people has given up on applying for US Visa....Around 6:15am, everywhere was filled up. We were then called in around 6:25am and we went through the stressful process of the checkings, verification and thumbprinting.

Interview
On entering the interview hall, I was already shivering because of the AC☺️ and I am the 2nd on the queue. We went through the thumbprinting procedure. The lady that did thumbprinting for us left window 5 to come interview us for window 7. We are getting tired already because we were left on the queue for over 30mins. After the first applicant, then came my turn.

VO: Good Morning
Me: Good Morning, how you doing today and compliment of the season
VO: Thank you
VO: Who is sponsoring your education?
Me: I secured a fullu funded scholarship which covers my stipend, tuition and health insurance.
Vo: Okay.... (continue typing, I just kept my gaze on her )
VO: Okay, I will be approving your Visa....she handed over the white slip and withheld my I-20 and passport....I then bounce out

I couldn't believe my eyes I was asked just a question and that's it......This is GRACE at work and nothing more. I want to appreciate @ Lateefah☺️⁩ and @⁨~Opeyemi⁩ for the various mock sessions (these guys really helped me, I remember my first mock session, it was just trash☺️😌😌 and hence more practice which I later lost count of at some point.....Thank you so much and I am so grateful. Once again, thank you so much...…

I just believed I was favoured because have never read a transcript with just a question before. Thank you guys and more of funding news and visa approval. Just that single YES, it will definitely come, Keep at it💪

#Gracified ##TillWeAllWin…….###Gracias...OUT!!!!
Someone transcript,

Pls do you mind sharing your profile?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tinafusty: 11:55am On Dec 30, 2023
Person paying for the trip is your sponsor because the trip refers to your purpose of going to the US

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 1:32pm On Dec 30, 2023
Naijalarry:

Instead of responding directly to his question, you're answering it with a broad assumption, mentioning Guardian, Mother or Father or Loan company or your employer, in a question that ought to be answered straight up.

If he fills out the school that gave him full funding as sponsorship for the trip and the VO asks him who is paying for the flight ticket, he will get into trouble because schools in the United States do not cover flight expenses, you might not know this because you haven't left the country before.

VOs rarely focus on asking questions about what is filled in that space, but that doesn't mean people who have full funding should fill it carelessly.

Since he received full funding and the school will not cover his flight expenses, the best way is to fill SELF, or whoever that will pay for the flight expenses, rather than the department that will not cover his trip. Department only cover what is written on the i-20, which flight expenses is not among.

Most Nairalanders who have previously received full funding are known for filling out the department as the entity funding the trip, but that doesn't make it correct. They've been succeeding at the interview because the VO usually don't ask about who pays for your flight expenses.

If you meet a tough VO who just wants to ask questions about everything, you go hear am.

NewBoyKhashoggi, it's now clear that all of your answers are speculative. You get your answers from what you see other people answer online, whether it's true or not, and you've never actually left the country.

Desist from spreading falsehood, misinformation and misleading unsuspecting Nairalanders.

Hey 🤠

@Naijalarry. You are a drunken master who does not want to yield to correction . You are writing trash on Nairaland .

You are even arguing with @Tinafausty. @Tinafausty is trying to correct you with idea but because of your foolishness you are still arguing .

How will a VO ask you who will pay for your flight ticket if that VO does not have any personal agenda ? You have full fundings that covers everything , how will VO ask that question ?

You want to know my travel history ?

1. When i was studying Russian in UniLag i went to Russia for 1 year .

2. I went back to UNILAG years later i did Chinese . I went to China , I did not finish that course .

3. I have a valid 5 years B1/B2 visa and this is the 2nd visa batch .

4. 2 of my blood relative finished from UC Berkeley , in California, USA. They are now US citizens .

5. Very soon by God's grace , i am relocating .

You are just a fool who does not want to humble and learn . You are using old ideas on Nairaland and everybody is now wiser than your old ideas .

PS. I am an MSc holder from a federal University in Nigeria .

Best Wishes .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 1:36pm On Dec 30, 2023
LudaChriz:

Pls do you mind sharing your profile?

Hey 🤠

They will scam you. He or she does not have any visa . All those bunkum visa success transcript you read is sham .

Tell them to show you the copy of the visa . Don't bother yourself . They don't know how to advertise their travel agency company . Instead of them to seek for advice .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 1:39pm On Dec 30, 2023
Naijalarry:

Trip means your flight ticket and for those going to the US on a full funding without deficit, it's always advisable to select SELF, since the school won't be covering your flight expenses.

Hey 🤠

@Naijalarry. You don't understand grammar . I doubt if you have more than secondary school . TRIP is what is confusing you .

Normally TRIP is a short journey but when Consular officer ask ..Who is sponsoring your trip (Expenses generally ) ? It means WHO IS YOUR SPONSOR ?

@Tinafausty has corrected you. Go and sleep Mr drunken master .

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 2:07pm On Dec 30, 2023
Tinafusty:
Person paying for the trip is your sponsor because the trip refers to your purpose of going to the US

Hey 🤠

@ Tinafausty I will agree with you on this side , despite the fact that i see you as a colleague of @Naijalarry . You are right . When Consular Officer says ..Who is covering or Sponsoring your Trip ..It means Who is your Sponsor .. Period .

You better start working alone otherwise he will be spoiling your jobs . He does not accept mistake or error , he is a KNOW ALL who does not know anything .

Sit him down and teach him lot of Morden trends . He may be your boss but he is too arrogant and proud . His English Usage is even bad . I have been avoiding him, he kept crossing my paths ...who is he ? I am an MSc holder . I will only give him little respect if he is a Professor .

Best Wishes .🙏

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Prinxly: 3:02pm On Dec 30, 2023
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey 🤠

For the sake of future readers ;

On DS 160, The question (Who is the ) Person/Entity paying for your trip means ....WHO IS FUNDING or SPONSORING or BACKING your whole academic sojourn in the USA financially .

1. Answer to this question is of great value. Therefore, if you have received a scholarship, then mention that. (write the name of the institution that has awarded you the scholarship) . ... Go along with your scholarship award letters ..print out all the congratulatory emails and insert it inside your Form I 20.

2. Otherwise, mention the name of your sponsor, who might be your Guardian, Mother or Father or Loan company or your employer , etc.

3. They just want to know where the money is coming from or how you want to cover your expenses .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by delzypswag(m): 3:49pm On Dec 30, 2023
Thank you for your submission bro. I hope someone helps with the list of schools suitable for my profile.
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey 🤠

If your undergraduate degree/certificate is direct Bsc , then your CGPA of 2.7 after evaluation (WES) or before evaluation is sitting on the fence .

**** Many US universities also accept students with GRE scores between 290-300.

1. Let's see may be a good Samaritan from Nairaland will give you possible list of schools to reach out to .

2. If the help is not coming forth, then use Google as your last resort and search Public Universities in the USA , pick the schools one by one and send them (Graduate School, International Admissions Office ) enquiry email. You will definitely see positive responses .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by yinkhar(f): 7:31pm On Dec 30, 2023
It’s funny that one is blindly giving advice and not yielding to correction.

For the record, I came to the USA three years ago on student visa so you either take my advice or leave it!

For the question regarding who is sponsoring your trip on DS-160, the right answer is “THE SCHOOL” if you are on full funding. “SELF or RELATIVE” (your choice) if no funding.

VO is not interested in who is paying for your flight to US. The question is about who is responsible for the whole travel experience which is your schooling (tuition, feeding, accommodation etc).

Ire o

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 7:44pm On Dec 30, 2023
yinkhar:
It’s funny that one is blindly giving advice and not yielding to correction.

For the record, I came to the USA three years ago on student visa so you either take my advice or leave it!

For the question regarding who is sponsoring your trip on DS-160, the right answer is “THE SCHOOL” if you are on full funding. “SELF or RELATIVE” (your choice) if no funding.

VO is not interested in who is paying for your flight to US. The question is about who is responsible for the whole travel experience which is your schooling (tuition, feeding, accommodation etc).

Ire o

Hey 🤠

@yinkhar. God bless you !

1. You shall bring all the blessings of America home to Nigeria and become a generation changer .

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (535) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: Blackfinegirl(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.