Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (460) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (683800 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) ... (533) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 1:36am On Jan 02
simplesss:

Don’t discourage him tho, I knew someone that got lucky with 290+. Luck works sometimes, He need a powerful SOP and CV.

Sharrap!!!

Isolated events don’t make anecdotal evidence. Do not send that GRE to any school.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 1:41am On Jan 02
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey 🤠

The average GRE score would depend on your preferred university and subject of choice.

However, a GRE score between 150 and 160 in the GRE Verbal and GRE Quantitative Sections would make you eligible to apply to most universities in the US and can be referred to as the average GRE scores of US universities.

1. Even Havard University lowest GRE score intake is 260 . Therefore YOUR GRE SCORE will enters 75% of Universities in the United States .

*** Any one can even GOOGLE this info.

Best Wishes 🙏

This is wrong information. Nowadays, a Quant score of 160 is “low”. And this person is seeking funding. Sending such score will greatly reduce his chances of getting funding and admission. Secondly, where did you get this Havard stats? Seeing as Havard CS department and most(All I believe) departments don’t accept GRE scores. This is why no one comments here anymore. Too many people saying what they don’t know.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 1:46am On Jan 02
Naijalarry:

First of all, you need schools offering application fee waivers or free applications without charging you fees.

Below are some schools where you can apply for free without having to pay application fees, and most of them offer full funding without deficit to PhD applicants.

1. University of Maryland, College Park, $75 application fee waived for applicants to the School of Engineering- https://mage.umd.edu/application-process

2. Vanderbilt University- No application fee for all PhD programs- https://engineering.vanderbilt.edu

3. Tulane University- No application fee for all PhD programs- https://sse.tulane.edu/academics/graduate/phd-programs

Hopefully, other experienced Nairalanders in mentorship can mentor you further. All the best.

Please ignore this guy.

If you can afford it, apply to schools that REQUIRE APP FEES and OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT/EVALUATION. They tend to get less applicants which in turn increases your chances.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 4:56am On Jan 02
Zihno:

This is wrong information. Nowadays, a Quant score of 160 is “low”. And this person is seeking funding. Sending such score will greatly reduce his chances of getting funding and admission. Secondly, where did you get this Havard stats? Seeing as Havard CS department and most(All I believe) departments don’t accept GRE scores. This is why no one comments here anymore. Too many people saying what they don’t know.

Hey 🤠

@Zhino

If you are criticizing others as a Professor of Bully you cannot bully me , count me out . Before posting 1+1 which equal to 2 on Nairaland , as common as the answer is , i will still cross check via Google and check different inputs .

Let me quote you ....You wrote that the information is wrong ... WHAT ANSWER DID YOU GIVE THE ORIGINAL POSTER ? Do you know about the department's of more than 2,000 Universities in the United States ?

***** @Zhino Bullies are generally coward . Your type does not have any good answer in their brains, you will ONLY WAIT TILL A BRAVE MAN COMMENT and JUMP AT HIM PROVING ..THE BOSS.

1. Even , a dullard with access to GOOGLE can just type HAVARD UNIVERSITY LOWEST GRE SCORE / REQUIREMENT and he or she can get the clues ....

****** FOR HAVARD UNIVERSITY

Submission of GRE test results is optional, as we do not require the GRE examination for consideration for admissions. Applicants will not be penalized if they choose not to submit a score, and the GRE will not be used as a benchmark to compare applicants. GRE IS REQUIRED ..BUT OPTIONAL !!!!

2. The guy scores 290 in GRE and you said he should not send it to any school , IS THAT NOT AN ANOMALY ??

****. Go back and read my piece if you are part of the cyber bullies who does not have anything to offer than LOOKING FOR FAULT .

3. Havard University have ..Havard Business School , Havard School of Engineering and Applied Sciences , Havard Graduate School of Design , Havard Graduate School of Education etc .... They all accept GRE SCORE of less than 200 (in verbal & quantitative) because GRE is optional ( ITS REQUIRED BUT NOT COMPULSORY ).

4. The poster scored 290 in GRE which is the benchmark of 290 -300 acceptable GRE scores in more than 2,000 Universities in the USA. ....

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 5:30am On Jan 02
Zihno:

Sharrap!!!

Isolated events don’t make anecdotal evidence. Do not send that GRE to any school.

Hey 🤠

@Zihno,. You must be proud and having a dilusion of grandeur by yelling to someone you do not know physically to Sharrap .

*** Your nonsense quote or combination of words above is a comic error of grammar marriage which displays you as a FAKE PROOF READER .

1. An isolating event is an incident wherein persons become separated or isolated from friendly support .

**** 95% of Nairalanders including your ass falls under the isolating event because WE DO NOT SEE ONE ANOTHER , We are mostly not in the same State or country , yet we do agree on some facts .

2. Anecdotal evidence is usually based on individual experiences or observations, as distinct from probabilistic evidence that gives estimates of how likely something is to occur .

****. 75% of Nairalanders still falls under this because our posts, comments corrections etc is based on personal experiences or observations (RESEARCH). Therefore your quote is bunkum. Go back to English class .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 9:19am On Jan 02
Zihno:

Please ignore this guy.

If you can afford it, apply to schools that REQUIRE APP FEES and OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT/EVALUATION. They tend to get less applicants which in turn increases your chances.

Hey 🤠

@Zihno.

You are the real person that should be ignored on NL. You opened or re-opened your Nairaland account last year January 21, 2023. Out of your 579 posts , 60% are in TV/Movies ( Big Brothers Titans) , 30% goes in Politics , and 5% goes on Family (house clearance sales), while your remaining 5% posts in the USA study visa section is full of confusion.

******. I will only support a bit truth in your comment above in the sense that , few Nigerian students are quick to jump into every opportunity they thinks American schools are throwing at them ....They do not know that those opportunities at times are COUNTER - PRODUCTIVE (against visa issuance).

1. Application fee waiver is a waiver that is signed in order to reduce the fee amount, either partially or fully, of someone who is typically enduring a period of financial hardship. They can also be used to entice a buyer or servicer, when the fee might be a deterrent.

2. Another DICTIONARY says : Fee waivers are generally given to students who demonstrate financial need. However, some schools will allow any student to avoid paying the application fee if they meet certain requirements.

"""""" Therefore , any prospective International Applicants who can afford the application fee should pay it . It is not compulsory you look out for colleges that waive application fees .

ON SCHOLARSHIP
===============

1. A full scholarship can be a positive factor in a student's visa application, as it demonstrates the student's ability to cover their expenses while studying in the USA.

2. Wesleyan University awarded one of the the largest amount of financial aid to international students during the 2022-2023 academic year. Yet READ THE SCHOOL VISA DENIAL RESPONSE BELOW ;

© **** If you are unable to prove that you intend to return to your home country, the consular officer has the right to deny you an F-1 visa. If your visa is denied, please contact the Wesleyan Office of International Student Affairs as soon as you receive written notice of denial.

3. By this very facts , application fee waiver is cool , scholarship is cool but a student who does not have the opportunity of it but whose parents or guardians or other sponsors can proof financial capability , and who himself or herself can proof ties to home countries as well as Post study plans and genuiness of purpose to the Consular officer shall be 85% successful in his or her F1 visa interview.

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Chukdobz20: 4:34pm On Jan 02
Hi Team,

I'm looking for a cheap university in USA. Can someone kindly assist me with info
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dakunms(m): 5:11pm On Jan 02
Hi Team,

I'm looking for a cheap university in USA. Can someone kindly assist me with info for Ph.D programs in accounting and finance preferably with fully-funding?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by MrSoftlife(f): 6:16pm On Jan 02
Dakunms:
Hi Team,

I'm looking for a cheap university in USA. Can someone kindly assist me with info for Ph.D programs in accounting and finance preferably with full funding?

Thanks.

Type this question on Google or type Full Funding in Accounting on the Nairaland search bar up there.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ARISTOCRATDAMMY1(m): 6:31pm On Jan 02
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nzealibaba: 8:52pm On Jan 02
Please house I need help.

I just got admitted to city college in new York for Msc in computer engineering.
The tuition which is affordable is 17k , but housing is 23k along other expenses which raised the total POF to 53k.
The 53k is much as I am just a teacher. they gave me alternative to bring house lease or landlord statement for my housing so that the amount doesn’t reflect on my POF .
Please is there anyone who can help me with this house lease in the USA.
🙏 🙏 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Inner19(m): 9:10pm On Jan 02
Please can a B.Sc holder in Nigeria apply for an Associate Degree in a Community College in USA?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by kunlap02(m): 9:16pm On Jan 02
PHD Accounting or Finance is very competitive in the US.Almost all schools requires GMAT/GRE score,most PHD Accounting/Finance/Mgt comes with full funding so you dont have to bother whether the school is expensive or not because it comes with full funding.Having said that ,there is a school that may waive GMAT/GRE for you but full funding may not be guarantee-New york state university,university at Buffalo
Dakunms:
Hi Team,

I'm looking for a cheap university in USA. Can someone kindly assist me with info for Ph.D programs in accounting and finance preferably with fully-funding?

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by lasisig5(m): 11:44pm On Jan 02
Does Ph.D in biostatistic come with full funding
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Denc: 1:00am On Jan 03
Nzealibaba:
Please house I need help.

I just got admitted to city college in new York for Msc in computer engineering.
The tuition which is affordable is 17k , but housing is 23k along other expenses which raised the total POF to 53k.
The 53k is much as I am just a teacher. they gave me alternative to bring house lease or landlord statement for my housing so that the amount doesn’t reflect on my POF .
Please is there anyone who can help me with this house lease in the USA.
🙏 🙏 🙏

New York (NY) is relatively expensive even for US nationals.
Consider requesting a deferal of this admission so as to use the time to
- augument finances and set-up financial documentation,
- explore admissions in other locations in the US [NY is just one of fifty (50) states]

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Denc: 1:15am On Jan 03
ARISTOCRATDAMMY1:
Hello Guys,
I'm going for my MBA, but most schools offer MBAs on campus and online. I hope I won't have issues with the VO since there's an online option.
Won't the VO ask why I opted for on-campus instead of online?

This is a plausible question.
It is a question that can be asked under the "Purpose" criteria of the visa interview. Another way to ask this question is "Why this course/program/school?"
The person best placed to address this question is the admit/candidate/interviewee.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Denc: 1:23am On Jan 03
Inner19:
Please can a B.Sc holder in Nigeria apply for an Associate Degree in a Community College in USA?

Yes.
The underlying question is "What is the benefit of a US associate degree to an international (e.g. Nigerian) who has an undergrad. degree?"
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by missidy: 3:00am On Jan 03
Please can anyone assist me with a sample (convincing) SOP? Thanks. Secondly, when a school pays you hourly wage for being a Student Assistant does it serve as a cover for living expenses or you still need to plan your rent, etc and include it in your proof of funds?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by kunlap02(m): 5:11am On Jan 03
Hi this link is a resource bank for graduate school application,it contains Sop(s),GRE prep materials etc,https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1UVI5yT-5JfMwyHHloxPwkuuPm08L_zBn?pli=1
missidy:
Please can anyone assist me with a sample (convincing) SOP? Thanks. Secondly, when a school pays you hourly wage for being a Student Assistant does it serve as a cover for living expenses or you still need to plan your rent, etc and include it in your proof of funds?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by missidy: 7:35am On Jan 03
Thank you, I appreciate.
kunlap02:
Hi this link is a resource bank for graduate school application,it contains Sop(s),GRE prep materials etc,https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1UVI5yT-5JfMwyHHloxPwkuuPm08L_zBn?pli=1
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ARISTOCRATDAMMY1(m): 1:49pm On Jan 03
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ammydee: 3:17pm On Jan 03
Good day, this is a follow up on my post made in October. I am about applying for another visa interview and I need advice on what to do.

The options available are;
1. My office pays for my tuition deficit only, which is $14500 while my husband will pay the other deficit of $27,000

2. My husband is the sole sponsor and will pay the entire deficit of $42,000

Kindly advise on which has a greater chance of approval. Thanks

Ammydee:
First Attempt, Denied
Consulate: Lagos
Date: October 30th 2023
VO: plump white lady in window 2
COA: $77,000
Scholarship: $35000
Deficit: $42,000
Sponsor: Employer

VO: what do you do ?
Me: I work as a lawyer in the corporate and commercial law department of ****, a law firm.
VO: Are you married
Me : yes, I am
VO: How long have you worked for your company
Me: I have worked with my firm since 2021
VO: That is 2 years and How much do you earn ?
Me: I earn ****
VO: You’ve worked for only two years and earn this amount, why do they want to spend so much money on your education ?
Me: overtime I have contributed tremendously to the growth of the firm and surpasses my KPI last year by over 25%……
VO: cuts me short……i am not convinced as to why they will want to sponsor your education as what you earn does not tally with the amount they are willing to spend. Unfortunately I will not be approving your visa.

The company is actually sponsoring but I did not have the time to sufficient explain the structure of the funding.
It’s an Advanced Training Scheme, which requires me to sign a bond that I will come back to work for the firm for 3 years upon completion of the degree or pay the total amount the firm spent in the training.

They are paying the remaining school fees, which is about $28k

While the room and board will be sorted out by my husband

Unfortunately I didn’t put my husband in my 1-20 as a co-sponsor, so I decided not to mention it to the VO

My questions are:
1. How soon can I reapply? I was thinking of reapplying this week, and hopefully get another date in late November or December as I’m supposed to resume in January.
2. How do I convince the VO that my office is actually sponsoring, will the bond agreement suffice?

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by dest4real(m): 3:53pm On Jan 03
Good day house, aside GTBank, where else can I pay for my F1 visa application please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by RealAAdekunjo(m): 4:56pm On Jan 03
Reach out to Erudite Millennium Ltd. Located in Bodija Ibadan, they can help drill you for the exam. They've proven track record in local and international examinations training.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by dest4real(m): 5:49pm On Jan 03
How much does it cost at GTBank please?
BagOfSweets:

Hey 🤠

Aside GTBank, where else you can pay your F1 visa application is : Guarantee Trust Bank .

1. If you cannot find a nearby GT in your area or working place take UBER or cab or board public buses and find any other GTB.

2. You can ask friends or family to even help you to pay via GTB app. Its not compulsory you walk into a bank . I would rather you do the Walk -ins to any GTB.

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by dest4real(m): 6:50pm On Jan 03
Thanks again. Can I also pay the Sevis fees using GTBank please!

BagOfSweets:

Hey 🤠

***** As at last year Dec, 2023.

1. The cost is N166,500 ( One Hundred & Sixty six thousand five hundred Naira).

Best Wishes 🙏

(1) (2) (3) ... (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) ... (533) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

Viewing this topic: Observer25, OyoTunjiUSA(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.