Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,489 members, 7,830,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (697383 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chaiks: 1:52pm On Mar 08
Guy, please advice me on what to do with this offer.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Leftrightcenter(m): 5:14pm On Mar 08
You can use this link below to search for schools of public health, some offer different forms of fundings. You can also email the schools of your choice for more information regarding funding, etc.

https://www.healthcare-administration-degree.net/affordable-master-in-public-health-degree-programs-2/

More so, you can search through sophas.aspph.org
SOPHAS is a centralized application system for various schools of public health in US.
They advantage of applying through it is that you get to submit your documents like transcripts, LoRs, CV, standardized test scores only once and they will submit them the schools that you choose.
The drawback is that not every school of public health is registered there and also their application fee is relatively high (I think around 155$ for the first application you submit and around 55$ for each subsequent application, but the fees might have changed).
willian10:

Application process that will give me any funding, I know funding will make the visa process easier

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 5:40pm On Mar 08
chaiks:

Hey 🤠

1. My translation of the letter is that ; you will have a total of $13,500 scholarship if you are finally admitted plus additional stipends which if written on your admission letter would make the consular respects your admission standings a bit .

2. However , go back to your admission portal and look out for missing documents . You need to send additional documents which your host University requires before they can issue your Form I 20.

*** Thank you @justwise

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by willian10: 6:18pm On Mar 08
Leftrightcenter:
You can use this link below to search for schools of public health, some offer different forms of fundings. You can also email the schools of your choice for more information regarding funding, etc.

https://www.healthcare-administration-degree.net/affordable-master-in-public-health-degree-programs-2/

More so, you can search through sophas.aspph.org
SOPHAS is a centralized application system for various schools of public health in US.
They advantage of applying through it is that you get to submit your documents like transcripts, LoRs, CV, standardized test scores only once and they will submit them the schools that you choose.
The drawback is that not every school of public health is registered there and also their application fee is relatively high (I think around 155$ for the first application you submit and around 55$ for each subsequent application, but the fees might have changed).

Thank you so much
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chaiks: 6:23pm On Mar 08
Thank you bro. I have actually completed the process of sending the remaining official documents to them. I am however worried if I will need to pay tuition at all. Moreover, the expensive nature of the city(California) is another factor am ruminating on. I will now wait for the official offer letter to see details of the financial assistance. Thanks again for your clarification.
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. My translation of the letter is that ; you will have a total of $13,500 scholarship if you are finally admitted plus additional stipends which if written on your admission letter would make the consular respects your admission standings a bit .

2. However , go back to your admission portal and look out for missing documents . You need to send additional documents which your host University requires before they can issue your Form I 20.

*** Thank you @justwise

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mjosh1000(m): 6:29pm On Mar 08
Nozino:

Don’t waste your 350$ sevis fee and 333k visa fees (roughly 1M combined) using Mpower loan to apply for an F1 visa. The denial is certain.

It has been don before, even tho the chances are slim.......there is still hope I can get it

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Phraser: 6:34pm On Mar 08
I have been unable to apply for Form I-20 because I am still solving my proof of funds problem with my employer. I'm not sure how long this will take. But I'll like to apply for Form I-20 as soon as possible.

Can I apply for Form I-20 with a proof of funds that is different from the one I will eventually use to apply for a student visa?

To rephrase: must the proof of funds I present to the school for Form I-20 be the same as the one I present to the embassy?

I hope to hear from you guys soon.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mjosh1000(m): 7:42pm On Mar 08
Phraser:
I have been unable to apply for Form I-20 because I am still solving my proof of funds problem with my employer. I'm not sure how long this will take. But I'll like to apply for Form I-20 as soon as possible.

Can I apply for Form I-20 with a proof of funds that is different from the one I will eventually use to apply for a student visa?

To rephrase: must the proof of funds I present to the school for Form I-20 be the same as the one I present to the embassy?

From my own small knowledge o giving a false information may affect your visa process, just wait till you get the right proof of funds sorted and apply for your I-20 so unnecessary issues won't arise in future
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 9:55pm On Mar 08
Mjosh1000:

It has been don before, even tho the chances are slim.......there is still hope I can get it

I wish you the absolutely best. Let us know how it goes. Please quote me after your interview

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 9:58pm On Mar 08
chaiks:

Wait for the official offer and see the amount of funding you get. It looks positive tho. Congrats

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 10:03pm On Mar 08
Phraser:

Some people say that schools are required to upload your financial documents to the sevis portal. How certain this is, is unknown. Best to have the same source if funding you submitted to schools with you while attending the interview.

Also, some schools list source of funds on your i20. You may not have the opportunity to explain the discrepancy during the interview.

You don’t need the i20 to secure a visa appointment if that’s why you’re in a hurry.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by miscoe(m): 10:52pm On Mar 08
Appreciated

USAfall2024:

Congrats.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by miscoe(m): 10:52pm On Mar 08
MSc

NeonDee:

Wow! Congratulations 🎉🎉

MSc or PhD?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by miscoe(m): 10:53pm On Mar 08
MSc
Meel:

Is your PhD admission fully funded.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 11:01pm On Mar 08
Phraser:

Yes you can. It must not be the same. You can present a different sponsor to collect your i-20 and a different sponsor for visa.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 11:03pm On Mar 08
Mjosh1000:

From my own small knowledge o giving a false information may affect your visa process, just wait till you get the right proof of funds sorted and apply for your I-20 so unnecessary issues won't arise in future
It is not false information. There is no rule that states that.

I used a different sponsor to get my i-20 and a used a different sponsor for my interview. You can have more than one sponsor.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 11:04pm On Mar 08
Mjosh1000:

SO why did you come here to ask then? Because someone else did doesn't mean you would.

You chances of visa denial is 90%, you approval rate is 10%
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by linsa01(m): 3:22am On Mar 09
Hello,

Please I need your sincere advice on my case. I'm a newly admitted PhD student. I've 100% funding and Assistantship. On my New Student Information Form (the form is to be used to generate my i-20), I've an excess of $9564 of funding. Meanwhile, POF per dependant for my school is $7k. I've the opportunity to use my excess funding to sponsor a dependant and I'm thinking of including my wife as a dependant on F2 visa.

My fear, however is that I've three children and a foster daughter. They are not going with us, atleast for now.

My Question: Will my situation be favourable given that my children will be back home? I need your inputs and sincere opinions. Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chaiks: 3:45am On Mar 09
Nozino:

Wait for the official offer and see the amount of funding you get. It looks positive tho. Congrats
thank you. That's basically what I have to do. On another note, does non-resident tuition waiver imply that I will still pay some fees?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Phraser: 5:02am On Mar 09
Nozino:

Some people say that schools are required to upload your financial documents to the sevis portal. How certain this is, is unknown. Best to have the same source if funding you submitted to schools with you while attending the interview.

Also, some schools list source of funds on your i20. You may not have the opportunity to explain the discrepancy during the interview.

You don’t need the i20 to secure a visa appointment if that’s why you’re in a hurry.

Thanks for your response. You are saying that I can both pay the visa fee and secure a visa interview date even before getting Form I-20?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 5:19am On Mar 09
linsa01:
Hello,

Please I need your sincere advice on my case. I'm a newly admitted PhD student. I've 100% funding and Assistantship. On my New Student Information Form (the form is to be used to generate my i-20), I've an excess of $9564 of funding. Meanwhile, POF per dependant for my school is $7k. I've the opportunity to use my excess funding to sponsor a dependant and I'm thinking of including my wife as a dependant on F2 visa.

My fear, however is that I've three children and a foster daughter. They are not going with us, atleast for now.

My Question: Will my situation be favourable given that my children will be back home? I need your inputs and sincere opinions. Thank you.

Hey 🤠

1. In Top-10 Ties proving ratings at the USA embassies , Family Tie (nuclear family especially) should come number 1, and your wife (not the children) back home is a major factor because she is the love of your life (according to western ideas).

2. Naturally , the consular / immigration staffs gets very jumpy about allowing people in that are a potential drain on resources, they might consider that if you have no connection to return to your country in effect , you are using your study in the US as an Immigration path.

3. Even , if you have broken the records of the highest PhD scholarships offer in the world , the USA embassy can still deny your visa in a twinkle of an eye . I would rather you applied alone and leave family behind first .

4. But in answer to your questions , if your wife is standing on your neck to travel with you by all means , well she is a legal dependent , therefore go ahead and apply with her , you have a very good Scholarship offer that can cover her ..But personally i won't take that decision .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by linsa01(m): 6:36am On Mar 09
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. In Top-10 Ties proving ratings at the USA embassies , Family Tie (nuclear family especially) should come number 1, and your wife (not the children) back home is a major factor because she is the love of your life (according to western ideas).

2. Naturally , the consular / immigration staffs gets very jumpy about allowing people in that are a potential drain on resources, they might consider that if you have no connection to return to your country in effect , you are using your study in the US as an Immigration path.

3. Even , if you have broken the records of the highest PhD scholarships offer in the world , the USA embassy can still deny your visa in a twinkle of an eye . I would rather you applied alone and leave family behind first .

4. But in answer to your questions , if your wife is standing on your neck to travel with you by all means , well she is a legal dependent , therefore go ahead and apply with her , you have a very good Scholarship offer that can cover her ..But personally i won't take that decision .

Best Wishes 🙏

Thank you. I will yield to your advice.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 8:34am On Mar 09
linsa01:
Hello,

So you want to leave your kids in Nigeria and travel alone with your wife? You’ll leave 3 children in Nigeria and move with your wife? This is what you intend to tell the visa officer?

Never heard a funny joke like this before. You’re sure getting a denial.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ijmildy: 9:47am On Mar 09
I got accepted into Weatherhead school of management for MBA and have 34k scholarships. From my calculations I will have a deficit of 32k… do you think it’s an okay deficit for visa purposes? I can afford to pay the 32k even before an I-20 is issued but my challenge is that the visa officer might see that as a red flag (desperation). I have been advised to do study loan but I have read people are also getting rejected with that. Something else is that I was denied visa April last year to study MBA in university of New Haven and my deficit then was even 18k. Your kind advice will be appreciated as I really do not want to waste my time for another rejection.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 3:16pm On Mar 09
chaiks:
thank you. That's basically what I have to do. On another note, does non-resident tuition waiver imply that I will still pay some fees?

Yes. Non resident tuition waiver is typically instate tuition.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 3:18pm On Mar 09
Phraser:

Thanks for your response. You are saying that I can both pay the visa fee and secure a visa interview date even before getting Form I-20?

Yes.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 3:19pm On Mar 09
fearlessfang:
SO why did you come here to ask then? Because someone else did doesn't mean you would.

You chances of visa denial is 90%, you approval rate is 10%

Less than 1% actually. That was years ago. Times have changed.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ARISTOCRATDAMMY1(m): 5:29pm On Mar 09
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ARISTOCRATDAMMY1(m): 5:30pm On Mar 09
How’s this possible?

Nozino:

Yes.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Localboy48: 5:50pm On Mar 09
fearlessfang:
So you want to leave your kids in Nigeria and travel alone with your wife? You’ll leave 3 children in Nigeria and move with your wife? This is what you intend to tell the visa officer?

Never heard a funny joke like this before. You’re sure getting a denial.

Hi. Is there any email I can reach u on? No fear, I just have a case I want us to look into together. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by crusader6(m): 7:38pm On Mar 09
Hello guys, I have gotten an offer for an exchange visitor program in a neurology laboratory in Washington University, St Louis.
And my sponsor has agreed to pay me $44000 annually. Presently my form ds 2019 is in process.
I want to know if one can live a comfortable life on about $3600 monthly salary in Missouri?

And is the financial support okay for me to get a visa without showing extra funding from my end?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 8:51pm On Mar 09
Localboy48:

Hi. Is there any email I can reach u on? No fear, I just have a case I want us to look into together. Thank you
You do not have to email. Let me give you a good advise.

Go for your interview alone. When you’re in the U.S., you can book your wife’s appointment for December so it would look like she is coming to spend the Christmas with you.

You can’t be using the funding given to you as a bandwidth to extend to family. Your funding is not guaranteed as there are requirements you have to meet to keep it. Programs lose funding as well, although rarely, but it happens.

Sorry looked like I quoted the wrong person.

You can share your question here

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (539) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: Moroladeke, Asher100, Asquareayo and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.