Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (674212 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (527) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by jOSHBOYY(m): 3:12pm On Aug 03, 2022
Hello guys! I scheduled an appointment at Lag (unfavourable date) and requested for EA but hasn't been approved and it's already over 2 weeks since I made the request. Is it possible to concurrently schedule another appointment at ABJ to request also for EA? Also, will I have to change the location where I will be submitting my application on my DS-160?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Easydgre8: 3:15pm On Aug 03, 2022
Good day all.
My sch is at Shreveport Louisiana, my flight is from Lagos to New York, New York to Atlanta, Atlanta to Dallas. Dallas is the closest Airport to Shreveport.
My question is ; at the US airport would I be ask why coming down to New York first instead of straight trip to Louisiana? And also my date of arrival is 3 days before my school resumption date. Hope there's no issue whatsoever?
Anybody have ideas please share �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by VictorUSA(m): 3:20pm On Aug 03, 2022
Easydgre8:

Even if siblings are citizens, there's a chance of getting your visa. Three of my brothers are in the US, two graduated from the school I applied for, two of them are citizens one a PR. I still got my visa anyway mentioning everything in my ds160 and explaining to the VO. It's grace, that's all I can say
As simple as abc.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by CreativeWeb(m): 3:56pm On Aug 03, 2022
Easydgre8:
Good day all.
My sch is at Shreveport Louisiana, my flight is from Lagos to New York, New York to Atlanta, Atlanta to Dallas. Dallas is the closest Airport to Shreveport.
My question is ; at the US airport would I be ask why coming down to New York first instead of straight trip to Louisiana? And also my date of arrival is 3 days before my school resumption date. Hope there's no issue whatsoever?

If there's a flight to Louisiana, then why fly to NYC first? They may want to know. So, you will simply explain your reasons.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Fash20: 6:21pm On Aug 03, 2022
Pls can anyone help me with a list of schools to apply for to study computer engineering / science related courses.

I graduated with 3.4

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by MzWendy: 6:22pm On Aug 03, 2022
Please guys, I deferred my admission to January 2023. I want to know how I can change “intended date of arrival” on my ds160. I logged in but can only see “view confirmation page” or “create a new application”
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Peroo4040: 7:40pm On Aug 03, 2022
Starangel123:
@nigpatriot
Please can I send you an email?

My email not working.. you can share on here.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Peroo4040: 7:45pm On Aug 03, 2022
Easydgre8:
Good day all.

Your agent should stop confusing you… you don not have any business going to New York…. Do not start what you can’t finish. Instead look for flights to Dallas,Arkansas,Houston or even Mississippi then use a connecting flight to Shreveport. See attached a better guide

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Peroo4040: 7:51pm On Aug 03, 2022
MzWendy:
Please guys, I deferred my admission to January 2023. I want to know how I can change “intended date of arrival” on my ds160. I logged in but can only see “view confirmation page” or “create a new application”

Create a new application!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Peroo4040: 7:53pm On Aug 03, 2022
Fash20:
Pls can anyone help me with a list of schools to apply for to study computer engineering / science related courses.

I graduated with 3.4

Thank you

Check university of new haven
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Peroo4040: 7:58pm On Aug 03, 2022
Systrom:
Red flag !

It would most definitely hurt your chances

It will not affect his chances if his sibling is in-status!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NigPatriot(m): 8:00pm On Aug 03, 2022
Starangel123:
@nigpatriot
Please can I send you an email?

yes please, you can!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Peroo4040: 8:02pm On Aug 03, 2022
Ninnie35:
My siblings are currently in the US on an F1 visa. I also got an admission to the same school. Do you think it will hurt my chances during my visa interview?

If you siblings is still in-status( in school I mean) ,it ll not affect your chances. Do not lie to the VO.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Fash20: 8:43pm On Aug 03, 2022
Peroo4040:

Check university of new haven

Thanks alot

I'll them out.

I'll appreciate more suggestions from anyone
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Peroo4040: 8:57pm On Aug 03, 2022
Fash20:

Thanks alot

I'll them out.

I'll appreciate more suggestions from anyone

Start from there.. then use google!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by damolah10(m): 10:34pm On Aug 03, 2022
Hello Great people,

Is there anyone here going Lamar University for this Fall2022 ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Laraodunz: 11:11pm On Aug 03, 2022
Hello please can I be added to the Lagos group too…. I have my interview nextweek……07037661715
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by VictorUSA(m): 1:01am On Aug 04, 2022
Lhmlwalexy:
Hi Guys, i got my expedited appointment approved (3 days ago), but the dates are still showing 2023.

What do you advise please, thank you
Keep checking and book a closer date as dates are filling up real fast.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by VictorUSA(m): 1:05am On Aug 04, 2022
Ninnie35:

How do I go about it then
That will not hurt your chances one bit..Prepare and go for your interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by VictorUSA(m): 1:43am On Aug 04, 2022
Lasisieniola77:
Good evening, everyone. Thank you for all you do on this page, please i would like to ask can someone get funding without doing GRE and also i checked for masters in education, most of the schools i got are online based masters in education.
It's hard to get funding without GRE.

Check out Columbia University and University of Michigan.

I have GRE materials, full-ride scholarship motivation letter and Professional letters of recommendation at an affordable price..I will deliver the needed materials to you before you credit my account.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Joeshuwa: 2:01am On Aug 04, 2022
EmyPapis:
Could you please drop link for Lagos search date
please how do I join any of the group chat... I'm relatively new to this... I'm about booking for a Visa interview as I've got an admission already and I don't know how to go about it .. I need help...08092080008 my whatsapp number... anyone help please �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by VictorUSA(m): 2:03am On Aug 04, 2022
Jojoarmani101:
Hello everyone please is it possible to switch from Lagos to Abuja with the interview location already reading Lagos on the visa search portal? Note a date hasn't been chosen yet.
Yes you can.A new Form DS-160 is not required.The embassy/consulate at which you apply can access your form using the barcode on your ds-160 confirmation page, which you must bring to the visa interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by VictorUSA(m): 2:16am On Aug 04, 2022
jOSHBOYY:
Hello guys! I scheduled an appointment at Lag (unfavourable date) and requested for EA but hasn't been approved and it's already over 2 weeks since I made the request. Is it possible to concurrently schedule another appointment at ABJ to request also for EA? Also, will I have to change the location where I will be submitting my application on my DS-160?
I don't think you can concurrently schedule another appointment.

Nope, not needed since the Embassy/Consulate can see thru your ds160 thru the barcode on your confirmation page.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Amenmay: 2:31am On Aug 04, 2022
I asked this question few days ago till now no body have answered

Good Day my good people, please i want to create a new portal on DS-160 below has been displaying for few days now i have been trying to book an appointment in lagos, pls who can assist me i will be glad.
This is the site i'm using www.ustraveldoc
Thanks

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by EmyPapis(m): 3:09am On Aug 04, 2022
Me too is looking for the group link.
Could someone please kindly assist.
Joeshuwa:
please how do I join any of the group chat... I'm relatively new to this... I'm about booking for a Visa interview as I've got an admission already and I don't know how to go about it .. I need help...08092080008 my whatsapp number... anyone help please �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by CuteRedd(f): 3:45am On Aug 04, 2022
My people as you are crossing over to the land of opportunities be encouraged and inspired
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9ZpIMrheCk

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Schrodinger2(m): 4:57am On Aug 04, 2022
FK2022:
Hello guys,
My visa got approved but the VO did not ask for my passport photograph. Has anyone else experienced this please?

No worries. It's not usually required. Congrats.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by wolfenstein(m): 5:46am On Aug 04, 2022
Easydgre8:
Good day all.
Bro/sis congratulations on ur visa and welcome to Louisiana. About ur trip, ur point of entry should be Dallas but if asked you can explain to them that u didn't see a flight going to Dallas as at the time you booked ur ticket, but do ur findings 1st well. As for the date of arrival, u don't have issues cos u need to settle down b4 you go for ur registration or u just wan enter U.S d day of ur registration start to they go admission office with ur traveling bag?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by kayodeoke1: 6:40am On Aug 04, 2022
Hello guys, please I'm asking this on behalf of a friend.
He just got his visa approved(student F1) with 6months validity on his passport, but his flight booking is few days less than 6months on his passport, can he enter US with few days less than 6months validity on his passport?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Agbeni33: 6:55am On Aug 04, 2022
VictorUSA:
It's hard to get funding without GRE.

Check out Columbia University and University of Michigan.

I have GRE materials, full-ride scholarship motivation letter and Professional letters of recommendation at an affordable price..I will deliver the needed materials to you before you credit my account.

@VICTORUSA, please how can I get in touch with you?... check your DM.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Adepejuolowo: 7:09am On Aug 04, 2022
Hello everyone.
Pls I earnestly need an interview date for this August, I have August 30 for Abuja, I am hoping to get am earlier date as my school resumes on the 16th.
Pls I would to be added to an Abuja WhatsApp group for date finding, I believe that will boost my chances.
+2348034648705
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Adepejuolowo: 7:09am On Aug 04, 2022
Adepejuolowo:
Hello everyone.
Pls I earnestly need an interview date for this August, I have August 30 for Abuja, I am hoping to get am earlier date as my school resumes on the 16th.
Pls I would to be added to an Abuja WhatsApp group for date finding, I believe that will boost my chances.
+2348034648705

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (527) (Reply)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.