Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,382 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (681069 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by bayocanny: 5:20pm On Aug 21, 2022
Greattestman:
Mercyof ademijuwonlo Hassany4u delight71 Agbeni33 bayocanny Tonnydon12

I should have replied you by now.

Reply who?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Olunchukwu(f): 5:50pm On Aug 21, 2022
Greattestman:
I can help you
Thank you ❣️
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Olunchukwu(f): 5:52pm On Aug 21, 2022
Greattestman:
I can help you
What will I do
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lochinny91: 7:16pm On Aug 21, 2022
Moshkom:

Hey!

Yeah, he can use B1/B2 account for the F1, even with same old receipt (if still valid).
Just call the CGI, ( 09 461 4000 ) to complete the updates. But you can SURELY use same portal and valid fee interchangeable for both. Since it’s sane fee then 67,200.

And for EA, it’s always 50/50, not by pass cgi record.

Luck!

Thank you so much for this! I really appreciate! We’ll do as you said!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lochinny91: 7:17pm On Aug 21, 2022
Greattestman:
Thanks for your response.

@Lochinny91 hope this answers your question.
yes it did! Thank you so much! I appreciate! He’ll call the CGI tomorrow
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Pamelayoung: 7:22pm On Aug 21, 2022
buccy:
To my transcript (it was very very short, and almost all closed ended questions)

Date: 18th Aug
Venue: Abuja
School: Georgetown University
COA: 108,000
Scholarship: 35,000
Deficit: 73,000

Transcript:

Me: good morning
VO: good morning

Me: passed her my passport and I-20
VO: yaa, thank you

VO: you are going to Georgetown, right?
Me: Yes, I am

VO: and you work with bla bla bla
Me: Yes, I do as a manager in the international tax unit (needed to say that, because my LLM is in taxation)

VO: who is funding the deficit?
Me: My father who is a co-owner of a telecoms company that provides infrastructure support service *she interrupts at this point

VO: where does your ex-spouse stay (personal question to me)
Me: In abuja

VO: okay, I will be approving your visa bla bla bla
Me: thank you and takes the white paper, pretending to maintain beauty and composure cheesy cheesy while my mind was dancing Awilo

Next day being Friday at 4pm, I get a mail to go and pick passport at DHL, and that is it guys.

Could you please pray with me? I will pm you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Greattestman: 7:30pm On Aug 21, 2022
Olunchukwu:

What will I do
I can only help with mock interview and some other petty issues.Quote our boss Moshkom with your issue and I believe he will respond.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Greattestman: 7:32pm On Aug 21, 2022
bayocanny:

Reply who?
Were you not among those who asked for GRE materials?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Olunchukwu(f): 7:36pm On Aug 21, 2022
Greattestman:
I can only help with mock interview and some other petty issues.Quote our boss Moshkom with your issue and I believe he will respond.

When do we start the mock interview
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Greattestman: 7:44pm On Aug 21, 2022
Olunchukwu:
When do we start the mock interview
At your convenience ma'am.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Olunchukwu(f): 7:56pm On Aug 21, 2022
Greattestman:
At your convenience ma'am.
Thank you so much. Am grateful , am ready at anytime. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by okoliexpress: 1:55am On Aug 22, 2022
Hello fam, How is everyone doing? first time applicant here and i am extremely confused about how to go about it. Any help or forum?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by RaniOpe: 7:51am On Aug 22, 2022
My Visa was approved at the Lagos embassy on Friday.
I would have dropped my transcripts but believe me, my approval had nothing to do with it, because I stammered all through.
It was just God's grace.

Thank you to everyone who always took time to answer my questions.

Moshkom Nigpatriot Ummsayd Chibertha

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Faree28: 8:27am On Aug 22, 2022
Good morning.
I need advice from someone in the house.

I have an interview at the US embassy on Thursday and my passport is still with UKVI. I have called and emailed severally but it’s still the same response. At this rate, I wouldn’t be able to get the passport before Thursday.
Has anyone been in this situation before?
Is it possible to show up at the US embassy without the passport and be given another date.

I cannot afford to reschedule as the dates available are now 2024!

Please help. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Moshkom(m): 8:50am On Aug 22, 2022
RaniOpe:
My Visa was approved at the Lagos embassy on Friday.
I would have dropped my transcripts but believe, my approval had nothing to do with it, because I stammered all through.
It was just God's grace.

Thank you to everyone who always took time to answer my questions.

Moshkom Nigpatriot Ummsayd Chibertha

Wow! Congratulations to you.

Good luck in your Graduate Studies.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Thewizardof0zil: 9:17am On Aug 22, 2022
Please how soon can I reapply after getting denied F1 visa?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by freshStarz: 10:13am On Aug 22, 2022
Good morning guys

Please I did Microbiology in my B.Sc. degree. And now I want to do an I.T related course in my masters. Is this a red flag and can it allow me to be granted a visa

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Edriscoal: 11:22am On Aug 22, 2022
Pls I need clarification.
I was refused last week & passport returned as usual. as I tried to log in today to reapply I saw on my dashboard that my passport is still at the embassy...what does this means?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Agbeni33: 11:40am On Aug 22, 2022
Greattestman:
Mercyof ademijuwonlo Hassany4u delight71 Agbeni33 bayocanny Tonnydon12

I should have replied you by now.

Yes you did. Thank you. I saw the document links sent to me. I replied your email already. Thank you so much
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Agbeni33: 12:31pm On Aug 22, 2022
Moshkom:
Hey! Dear Spring and Fall 2023 applicants,

Quick One:

It’s ALWAYS ADVISABLE to apply to your ‘Study Background’, esp the course you’ve your last degree on.

You easily get POSSIBLE OFFER (funding and/or assistantship) from there.
Some Graduate Advisors (not all), would let you know that “I can’t work with you because you don’t background in this and that”

Don’t forget the game is to get a possible better offer (funding) from graduate schools not JUST ADMISSION.

You can easily fine-tone your Resume/CV to a propose course of graduate schools application but you can’t fine-tone your already earned degree.

You can also easily switch to your desire course of study when you get to The USA.

Again, This Path is for THE BEST in PACKAGING not a test of Heart Desire.

GOOD LUCK GUYS!

- MOSHKOM (my opinion, which might count or not)

@MOSHKOM, thank you for this. I just started applying to schools for spring 2023.

I studied Economics Education in my first degree (background) but I have been working with special needs children in a school where I have over 3years working experience in that line.

I centered my application on the special needs courses because of the working experience I have....

Do you advice to change this or I should just move on since Economics Education is my background.....the goal is to get the visa approved. Please what do you think?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Hajarat1504: 12:40pm On Aug 22, 2022
Good day, pls what are the steps to follow for visa application? Kindly guide me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by SirLanko1: 1:48pm On Aug 22, 2022
Please any help getting date in Abuja. My EA was denied because I'm reapplying after refusal in the same month. My sponsor keep telling me to reapplied.

It is a J1 visa via Teacher Cultural Exchange Program. Any help to get date this month will be appreciated even if it amount to paying. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 22, 2022
These long "proposed" transcripts make no sense.

For F2 - intending immigrant is the only standard. You need to demonstrate your ties.

Also you don't need to characterize your husband as "loving" or "caring" - that's a given - it sounds dramatic and thus false.

Talk about your ties and why you won't be staying.

Godwilldomyown:
*Proposed transcript for interview in view days time*

2nd Attempt

F2 with 2 kids

Lagos

V.O: Good morning. Pass me your documents

F2: Good morning ma

V.O: why are you going to the US?

F2: I'm going to the US to visit and support my loving and caring husband who is presently studying for his PhD in the department xyz.
I missed my darling husband so much, since we got married about 8 years ago we had never been separated for this long and the children also miss their dad and constantly demanding to physically see their father. He visited us during Christmas break in last year December but couldn't visit during this last summer because he was busy with his Lab .

V.O: How long has your husband been in the US

F2: He traveled last year July, it's been 1year and one month now.

V.O: Have you traveled before?

F2: I haven't traveled before

V.O: what's your husband studying

F2: my husband is studying xyz in the University of ABC

V.O: when did you get married?

F2: we got married in 2014. It's been 8years now

V.O: where do you work?

F2: I work in the university of Ibadan as xyz. I will state my cadre & job roles

V.O: what has changed since your last application?

F2: I was really tensed and nervous during my last interview, so I couldn't answer my questions well but I'm more confident now. Also we initially wanted to stay with my husband for the entire period of his study, but I now have new management in my place of work with new administration and they have saddled me with more responsibilities of coordinating and supervising students on intership to my place of work. And now they only granted me 6weeks annual leave of which I have to resume back to work at the end of my 6weeks annual leave and the children also resume back to their school

V.O: How long will you be staying?

F2: we planned to visit him for 6weeks. I will soon commence my annual leave by December and the children also will soon be on December break from school. So we planned to visit him during December holiday.

V.O: who's sponsoring your trip?

F2: we will be using family funds. My husband and I has been working in Nigeria university for more that 8years and we have saved up some money. I also have a running business where I sell and supply bags of food items here in Nigeria that I have been running the business before I got married. And my father in law also has a lot of landed properties. Recently, he sold some portion of this land and my husband share out of the money was sent to him.

V.O: Everything looks good. I will be approving your visa. Enjoy your stay in the US

F2: Thank you ma

Please your useful suggestions are highly welcome

Please I also need volunteers for one on one mock interview.

Thank you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by samefiok(m): 3:10pm On Aug 22, 2022
Hey people,how long does it take for one to get an appointment date for a student Visa after booking for one
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Moshkom(m): 7:08pm On Aug 22, 2022
Agbeni33:

@MOSHKOM, thank you for this. I just started applying to schools for spring 2023.

I studied Economics Education in my first degree (background) but I have been working with special needs children in a school where I have over 3years working experience in that line.

I centered my application on the special needs courses because of the working experience I have....

Do you advice to change this or I should just move on since Economics Education is my background.....the goal is to get the visa approved. Please what do you think?

Nice.

I would also advice you apply to schools with your study background, since you’re not meant to apply to just a school. At least 6 schools. Least!!!

Spread your applications. Make it 50/50.
Then when the interview stage shows, you go with the best bet.

Just Keep Keeping On.

Good Luck Champ!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Talata24: 7:26pm On Aug 22, 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Longhite01(m): 7:33pm On Aug 22, 2022
Hello everyone, do we have anyone going to new Mexico highland University for fall semester?

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (531) (Reply)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: ARISTOCRATDAMMY1(m), amayrasharma and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.