Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,351 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (681040 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Agbeni33: 7:35pm On Aug 22, 2022
Thank you. I really appreciate your advice.
I already applied to 4 schools.

Is it adviceable to apply for another course in the schools have already applied to?

Moshkom:

Nice.

I would also advice you apply to schools with your study background, since you’re not meant to apply to just a school. At least 6 schools. Least!!!

Spread your applications. Make it 50/50.
Then when the interview stage shows, you go with the best bet.

Just Keep Keeping On.

Good Luck Champ!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Haywhizzy4: 7:43pm On Aug 22, 2022
Hi everyone, please is there anyone going to new Mexico highland University (nmhu) for fall 2022 semester or already there
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NigPatriot(m): 10:44pm On Aug 22, 2022
RaniOpe:
My Visa was approved at the Lagos embassy on Friday.
I would have dropped my transcripts but believe, my approval had nothing to do with it, because I stammered all through.
It was just God's grace.

Thank you to everyone who always took time to answer my questions.

Moshkom Nigpatriot Ummsayd Chibertha

Congratulations and welcome to the United States, may you have a nice one here.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NigPatriot(m): 10:48pm On Aug 22, 2022
Edriscoal:
Pls I need clarification.
I was refused last week & passport returned as usual. as I tried to log in today to reapply I saw on my dashboard that my passport is still at the embassy...what does this means?

its normal. no need to bother yourself, if you want to reapply, you are still open to.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jojoarmani101: 5:02am On Aug 23, 2022
Hello everyone is there hope of dates being released this September?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kentos13: 5:44am On Aug 23, 2022
Hi everyone, please is there anybody going to the university of central Florida
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Walspring: 7:09am On Aug 23, 2022
mooyewhy:
Hello @walspring I want to pay my Sevis fee. Here's my email adebowalemuyiwagold@gmail.com

I have message you and I didn’t hear back from you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AIT1(m): 7:12am On Aug 23, 2022
Moshkom:

F1 VISA INTERVIEW PROCESS

The VO is only interested in 3 things.

Question 1. You are really going there to study, and you are qualified to do so.
Question 2. You will return after your academic program.
Question 3. You can afford the program.
*all questions asked are often linked to the three things outlined above.

*Likely Questions*
1.Why did you choose X university? - This answers question 1.
Keep your answer short and impactful, say something specific about the university (link it to yourself) and be honest. They can also ask this question in the form of "Why are you studying in the US?”.
*Note*: They can also ask specific questions about your school or city, especially if you give the impression that you are familiar with them.

2. How many universities did you apply to? - Be honest here, it also helps to answer question 1. You might also use the answer to this to answer the “Why did you choose X university?” question by saying why you chose X school over the other option(s).

3. Who is sponsoring you? - This answers question 3.
Follow up questions might follow, they will address:
a. Your relationship to the sponsor.
b. Their financial capability (This is often asked in the form of "what does your sponsor do?"wink.
c. The sponsor’s willingness to sponsor you .
Give them any documents requested, you can make your sponsor write a letter to the embassy and take it along.

4. How many siblings do you have? - It answers question 3.
If you have siblings (or if your sponsor has kids), they will consider how much it will take to take care of them while they are evaluating the financial documents. A follow-up question can be "what do your siblings do?".
This can also be a form of home-tie and it answers question 2.

5. Do you have any relatives in the US? - This is for Question 2.
Be truthful! They are likely to have this information in their records. People with close relatives in the US are somewhat likely to stay behind.
However, this is not a criteria and they'll ask something else to investigate further.

6. Why don't you do this course in your country? - This answers number 1 and 2 simultaneously. Coming up with an honest and convincing answer to this should not be hard.

7. What will you do after you complete your program? - This answers question 2.
The VO wants to know if the purpose of your visit is to stay back in the US or study temporarily.
You can also propose how you can use what you learn to benefit yourself (or the society) in Nigeria.
Remember! you are applying for a temporary non-immigrant visa; not a work or "live in America" visa. Do not suggest to the VO that you plan to stay back, it is not a good look.

* The VO might also try to gist with you and ask for other details. Gist back and smile with them, be comfortable, tell a joke (if you can) and flow well.

The interview moves very fast, and it is a short process. No shaking!
Good luck!

Thanks for this Boss.

As regards the number of schools applied to, does applying to high number of schools increase or reduces ones chance of getting visa? Reason please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dejesse: 7:44am On Aug 23, 2022
Please need help
Visa was denied today f2
Vo: we’re are you going
Me: going to visit my husband who is doing his master’s in public health at Xxxxxxx we want to visit and spend Christmas and also celebrate our 5th wedding Anniversary with him.
VO; what do you do?
Me: I am the CEO of Delyt Exquisite Collections world ltd with two outlets in Abuja and Niger state I import and supply all kinds of school uniforms, school shoes, school bags, lunch bags and sport wears, I am the major distributor to over 50 schools in Abuja and Niger state, I have a staff strength of 16people and I make anual turn over of 30million naira aprt from my business I have a 12 rooms apartment we’re I make anual turnover of lion naira.
Vo: I can see you husband will be rounding up his program by May next year.
Me: yes ma
Vo: sorry you are not qualify.

Please what could be the problem.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Bwaal(m): 8:03am On Aug 23, 2022
freshStarz:
Good morning guys

Please I did Microbiology in my B.Sc. degree. And now I want to do an I.T related course in my masters. Is this a red flag and can it allow me to be granted a visa
Not a reg flag …. Find a school and do the necessary

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Qubratshalewa(f): 8:40am On Aug 23, 2022
Good morning everyone
Pls does anyone know how long it will take for a us citizen file for his wife.... Pls I need a response ASAP.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by larade16(f): 10:30am On Aug 23, 2022
Faree28:
Good morning.
I need advice from someone in the house.

I have an interview at the US embassy on Thursday and my passport is still with UKVI. I have called and emailed severally but it’s still the same response. At this rate, I wouldn’t be able to get the passport before Thursday.
Has anyone been in this situation before?
Is it possible to show up at the US embassy without the passport and be given another date.

I cannot afford to reschedule as the dates available are now 2024!

Please help. Thank you
At this point there is nothing you can do than defer, this exact thing happened to me December, I couldn’t get my passport back till after school resumption. Just and the appointment, you will still be able to schedule later, then defer your admission.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 23, 2022
Qubratshalewa:
Good morning everyone
Pls does anyone know how long it will take for a us citizen file for his wife.... Pls I need a response ASAP.

IR1 or CR1 takes about a year.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jojoarmani101: 1:21pm On Aug 23, 2022
Hi everyone, please is there anybody going to the university of central Florida
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Moshkom(m): 2:01pm On Aug 23, 2022
AIT1:

Thanks for this Boss.

As regards the number of schools applied to, does applying to high number of schools increase or reduces ones chance of getting visa? Reason please?

Nah.

Just gives you chance to get a better offer from any of them, when you actually personally need it. Diversity !
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AIT1(m): 2:36pm On Aug 23, 2022
Shannon70:

You want to apply to enough schools to demonstrate you are looking at a breadth of options without looking like you are throwing darts.

Three to five is a good number.

Thanks boss.

However, I’m planning to apply to a lot of schools; it could be up to 10 if I see schools that will waive application fee, up that will not make the VO see me as being desperate?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AIT1(m): 2:36pm On Aug 23, 2022
Moshkom:

Nah.

Just gives you chance to get a better offer from any of them, when you actually personally need it. Diversity !

Thank you boss.

I don’t know if applying to a lot of schools can make the VO as being desperate to leave Nigeria. Like applying to up to 10 schools?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Cyingfreeman: 3:12pm On Aug 23, 2022
Dejesse:
Visa approved Abuja
Windows 10 woman
Masters
Tennessee state university
No funding

It’s God ! God and God alone .
After biometric
VO: where do you work?
I work in Lagos nigeria in an IT firm and my duties are as follows , I listed them
VO: who is funding you
My sister and myself , she did not ask for bank statement
VO: what will you do after your program?
I will be coming back to my own country to take up a senior role

She just gave me the paper , it was not white, it was green so I was shocked until I read it .
She kept my passport
That’s all
Once again , Only God could make this happen . Thank you

Congrats bro.

When I read your transcript, I still wonder on what basis I was denied. This visa process is mentally torturing.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OlamideTosyn: 3:31pm On Aug 23, 2022
AIT1:

Thank you boss.

I don’t know if applying to a lot of schools can make the VO as being desperate to leave Nigeria. Like applying to up to 10 schools?

10 schools? Omoh!! Your lecturers must really be a set of tolerant and affable people. In my department, to get a lecturer write reference for you is almost as a camel passing through the needle's eye. This ASUU strike has then worsened things. Sad mehn! undecided undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Anayo681(m): 4:01pm On Aug 23, 2022
Dejesse:
Visa approved Abuja
Windows 10 woman
Masters
No funding

After biometric
I work in Lagos nigeria in an IT firm and my duties are as follows , I listed them

She just gave me the paper , it was not white, it was green so I was shocked until I read it .
She kept my passport
That’s all

How much is your deficit?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 23, 2022
AIT1:

Thanks boss.

However, I’m planning to apply to a lot of schools; it could be up to 10 if I see schools that will waive application fee, up that will not make the VO see me as being desperate?

You get to tell the Consular Officer how many schools you applied - they will have no other way of knowing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AIT1(m): 4:59pm On Aug 23, 2022
OlamideTosyn:

10 schools? Omoh!! Your lecturers must really be a set of tolerant and affable people. In my department, to get a lecturer write reference for you is almost as a camel passing through the needle's eye. This ASUU strike has then worsened things. Sad mehn! undecided undecided

Not that they are tolerant like that o.

But I have 2 lecturers that are always on standby to write references for me.

I will only find it difficult if the school request for 3 referees.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AIT1(m): 4:59pm On Aug 23, 2022
Shannon70:

You get to tell the Consular Officer how many schools you applied - they will have no other way of knowing.

Good. This is exactly what I wanted to head.

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OlamideTosyn: 5:04pm On Aug 23, 2022
AIT1:

Not that they are tolerant like that o.

But I have 2 lecturers that are always on standby to write references for me.

I will only find it difficult if the school request for 3 referees.

Be it as it may, may God help us on this journey and give us lasting victory.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AIT1(m): 5:21pm On Aug 23, 2022
OlamideTosyn:

Be it as it may, may God help us on this journey and give us lasting victory.

Amen boss

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by seansifo(m): 5:28pm On Aug 23, 2022
Hello,

Once again I want to congratulate you for the approval of your visa.

Please I would like to know if your i20 captured your name and that of your sister as your source of funds or it captured just one of you.

Dejesse:
Visa approved Abuja
Windows 10 woman
Masters
No funding

After biometric

She kept my passport
That’s all

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (531) (Reply)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: Greatkenny2 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.