Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,049 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (680274 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Keren12: 9:41pm On Aug 30, 2022
Good day guys, please my school resume on the 9th, and the flight price now is a killer. If one should differ now, when will one be able to enter for spring?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by seansifo(m): 10:15pm On Aug 30, 2022
30 days to your start date
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Anny4me: 10:50pm On Aug 30, 2022
Good evening gurus In the hux. Please I need help concerning this. The person who was suppose to stand as sponsor for my brother said he does not have the amount of money required in the school in USA. So at d moment he has not been given his admission n I-20 form. Please am asking is there a way we can go for our statement cos as it is we don't have sufficient money to show. It's for undergraduate course . Please ur suggestions will go a long way for us. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by beejhay69: 11:08pm On Aug 30, 2022
Anny4me:
Please ur suggestions will go a long way for us. Thanks
DM
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by beejhay69: 11:09pm On Aug 30, 2022
Keren12:
Good day guys, please my school resume on the 9th, and the flight price now is a killer. If one should differ now, when will one be able to enter for spring?
You can enter anytime from the 'earliest date' on your I-20.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NozinoGroup: 11:09pm On Aug 30, 2022
Anny4me:
Good evening gurus In the hux. Please I need help concerning this. The person who was suppose to stand as sponsor for my brother said he does not have the amount of money required in the school in USA. So at d moment he has not been given his admission n I-20 form. Please am asking is there a way we can go for our statement cos as it is we don't have sufficient money to show. It's for undergraduate course . Please ur suggestions will go a long way for us. Thanks

How do you expect to fund 4years of undergraduate studies if you’re struggling at this point? Don’t ruin the innocent young guy’s chances of entering the US with fraudulent activities. There’s nothing wrong in schooling here and going abroad for postgraduate studies.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nobody: 12:59am On Aug 31, 2022
raco33:
Hello guys.
I need help.
I applied and got admitted into a university in the US.
The company i work with presently has agreed to fully sponsor my studies. I applied as married but wont be going with my spouse immediately.
Please i need as much advices as possible on how to ace my F1 visa interview especially as one being sponsored by a company i work it.
Also i have only worked with the company for less than 1year now.
What documents are essential for this interview?

Help me please @Shannon70 @Elimike and everyone
Thanks.

Focus on the requirements - bona fide student, ability to pay, present intent to return.

What schools did you get into? Why did you choose the one you chose.

Ability to pay sounds good - explain why the job will pay for it.

Wife in Nigeria with a job to come back too.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nobody: 1:00am On Aug 31, 2022
Systrom:
Hi Shannon70, I currently work for an American Multinational Conglomerate. The company has an office in VI and Ikoyi. I work from one of them.

Now coincidentally, the school I’m going to is in the same US State with the headquarters of my company (different cities though)

I’m just discovering this today

Would this make me look like an intending immigrant?

No. I would not draw that line.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nobody: 1:03am On Aug 31, 2022
ghettonews:

Bro I no understand your question ooo. Which one be why bachelors at 24. I finished secondary sch at 21. An covid 19 that a yr after my graduation was a problem. Now Nigerian unis are on strike ASUU

They will get COVID and the Unis on strike. Secondary school at 21 is going to take an explantion.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nobody: 1:04am On Aug 31, 2022
Anny4me:

And people wonder why Consular Officers are suspicious of funding.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by controlla1234: 4:29am On Aug 31, 2022
Hi Guys,
Can I arrive in America a day after my official resumption date without having issues at the point of entry?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Louis8796: 6:03am On Aug 31, 2022
can u guys help me $20000
chibertha:
the bolded is your issue

the last time I checked you are entitled to 28 or fewer working days of leave ( based on your level) in government establishments
or
study leave for the duration of your study as stated in your admission letter
or
maternity leave of 3 months and half-day closure for another 3 months.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Louis8796: 6:04am On Aug 31, 2022
hi,gud morning.
controlla1234:
Hi Guys,
Can I arrive in America a day after my official resumption date without having issues at the point of entry?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by rozeybid: 6:12am On Aug 31, 2022
Pls does anyone know any university in Texas - with application fee waiver and accept unofficial transcript to process admission.
Houston , Austin and axis most especially
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Luckydonalds(m): 8:02am On Aug 31, 2022
Hello everyone, how do I find schools with fully funded MSCS offers?
Most funded programs I see are targeted towards PhD applicants and I'm not ready for a PhD yet because of the academic rigor involved and the 5 year length.

My profile - I'm a fourth year undergrad in Electrical/Electronic Engineering but I want to make a switch to CS. My programming skills is good. I have been self studying the CS undergrad curriculum for some time now. My CGPA is in first class range and I intend to build good relationship with my professors in my final year when the strike is called off. No publications. No CS related internships though I'm working on changing that soon. No research papers. My target schools are Stanford, Berkeley, CMU or UIUC. My application cycle is Fall '24.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by golor(m): 9:09am On Aug 31, 2022
Please someone with GMAT past questions should help a brother...God bless you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ghettonews: 10:44am On Aug 31, 2022
Guys pls do u know how possible it is to get a bachelor's program in a college or uni in USA which the tuition will cost around 10k to 12k$ after partial scholarship or without scholarship. My tuitions budget is 10000$
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mobil567: 10:51am On Aug 31, 2022
are you kidding?
ghettonews:

Guys pls do u know how possible it is to get a bachelor's program in a college or uni in USA which the tuition will cost around 10k to 12k$ after partial scholarship or without scholarship? My tuitions budget is 10000$

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Pumpyjay: 1:03pm On Aug 31, 2022
I got my F1 visa for BSc at 24.

ghettonews:

But bro have u seen any student above like 22 granted visa for bsc

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by FineDragon(m): 1:41pm On Aug 31, 2022
Na fool na as if a bachelor at 24 is bad, I mean I'm 24 and I'm going for an associate degree. Don't let these talks discourage you.
Abi the incessant strikes no reach una side?
ghettonews:

Bro I no understand your question ooo. Which one be why bachelors at 24. I finished secondary sch at 21. An covid 19 that a yr after my graduation was a problem. Now Nigerian unis are on strike ASUU

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ghettonews: 1:45pm On Aug 31, 2022
Pumpyjay:
I got my F1 visa for BSc at 24.

@Pumpjay pls let's be friends really want u to guide me through my application, thanks to God I met u here. I am a legal resident in the Eu cyprus and I believe I have a bonus chances applying from here as appointment dates are not too difficult the way it is in Nigeria.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Anny4me: 2:51pm On Aug 31, 2022
Shannon70:

And people wonder why Consular Officers are suspicious of funding.
is that a way forward if I may ask?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Pumpyjay: 4:34pm On Aug 31, 2022
That F1 was ages ago o, about 15yrs ago. I'm not current on F1 visa applications right now. I believe all the information you require is on this forum.
I'll be glad to answer question you might have here.
I don't even know how to send a private message on nairaland, not keen to learn either.

ghettonews:
@Pumpjay pls let's be friends really want u to guide me through my application, thanks to God I met u here. I am a legal resident in the Eu cyprus and I believe I have a bonus chances applying from here as appointment dates are not too difficult the way it is in Nigeria.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ghettonews: 4:41pm On Aug 31, 2022
Pumpyjay:
That F1 was ages ago o, about 15yrs ago. I'm not current on F1 visa applications right now. I believe all the information you require is on this forum.
I'll be glad to answer question you might have here.
I don't even know how to send a private message on nairaland, not keen to learn either.

For my undergraduate am actually focussing on a community college in USA because they also affordable,like do you know the probabilities of getting the f1 visa, I have an uncle in California and he's going to be providing me with bank statements and others.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by rozeybid: 6:13pm On Aug 31, 2022
rozeybid:
Pls does anyone know any university in Texas - with application fee waiver and accept unofficial transcript to process admission.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by pointednose: 6:54pm On Aug 31, 2022
Please does anyone know available dates for Toefl for the month of September in Lagos?

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Talata24: 8:53pm On Aug 31, 2022
rozeybid:

You’ll get a faster response on google. There are dozens of universities in Texas.

First find a list of all the universities that offer the program you’re interested in.

Then look through their admissions websites to see any waivers

General rule is avoid schools that make it too easy to get in = lower ranked and less value after you graduate

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (531) (Reply)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: RaniOpe, curvydiva(f), Klebsiella and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.