Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (682011 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Radarada08: 11:04pm On Aug 31, 2022
propexticy:
Hello Ladies and Gentelemen, I am quite new to this platform.
Please i need sincere comment on this.

got admitted for a Masters in Electrical engineering to a US school (Drexel Uni.) with $10,00 funding and a deficit of $53,000 (COA)
i have a personal savings of $3000 and i took an Educational loan of $50,000 from Mpower

my interview at Abuja is few weeks from now.

1. Do you know anyone that was approved with majority of funding from educational Loan?

2. If so, will it be a matter of convicing the VO of my Payment plan?

3. How slim is my chances of getting approved in % ?

URGENT HONEST REPLY PLEASE
Hi, were you able to get your visa approval?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by EagleEye4040: 11:45pm On Aug 31, 2022
TIME TO CLEANSE THIS THREAD.

Nobody should post his or her number here from now on.

Whatsapp groups not allowed

Advertisement not allowed

@Justwise take note. We have restored sanity on Canada Visa thread. Time 2 do same here

Me and you go get problem if u post ur number or advertise here. Na 4 ur own good
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by RaniOpe: 2:58am On Sep 01, 2022
EagleEye4040:

@Justwise take note. We have restored sanity on Canada Visa thread. Time 2 do same here

Me and you go get problem if u post ur number or advertise here. Na 4 ur own good

Sorry o, bros
Are you a moderator?
If not, please tone down this aggressive correction

Even if you're a moderator, you did not place your younger siblings here

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Gboy1026: 4:07am On Sep 01, 2022
Schrodinger2:

Whether you get fully funded or not, it's never compulsory you go with your family. It's a matter of choice and its only easier to go with them when you're fully funded.
Are there fully funded scholarship for msc
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Popuwise1(f): 4:23am On Sep 01, 2022
Thewizardof0zil:
Please how soon can I reapply after getting denied F1 visa?
The main thing about reapplying is confidence, GOD, and determination. I applied for F1 twice and was denied, the 3rd time God moved and I have approved just days back. I applied in June, July, and August respectively. All the best. God is able.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Talata24: 4:43am On Sep 01, 2022
Popuwise1:
The main thing about reapplying is confidence, GOD, and determination. I applied for F1 twice and was denied, the 3rd time God moved and I have approved just days back. I applied in June, July, and August respectively. All the best. God is able.

Did you interview 3 times? Can you share transcript
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Vikrex: 7:01am On Sep 01, 2022
Visa denied❌
August 30, 2022.
First Attempt
Organisational Leadership
Purdue University (Spring section)
No funding.
Abuja (fat blonde lady)

PLS GUYS I NEED HELP, I WANT TO APPLY AGAIN

I felt she denied me because the course I have study before and where I have worked does not align.

KEY NOTE:

I studied Political Science and Public Administration

I have worked in LAPO (Loan firm)

My current job filled was Agro firm (it is also my brother's firm)

VO: She asked how come I studied Political Science and I have worked in those places...?

VO: She also asked that if I work for my brother...

ME: I said my course is Leadership and Administrative intertwined, and that my roles in these places are Administrative.

MY HUMBLE REQUEST

(1) I want to reply, and considering what I heard that they still have access to all your DS-160. Should I change the work experiences entirely, will they check the old ds160, while asking me what has changed ?

(2) Should I just retain all the former information on the DS-160 they already have, or do you think they can give me the opportunity to further defend the information more than I did before ?

(3) Should I reaapply immediately, considering looking date issue ?

(4) What else can I do ?

HELP PLEASE
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by krcboy(m): 7:49am On Sep 01, 2022
EagleEye4040:

kindly rest boss, who are you shouting at?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AmiableAmmy: 9:46am On Sep 01, 2022
Thank you so much Boss Mosh!

Yeah I landed safely…
Thanks again.

Moshkom:

CONGRATULATIONS.
Fly Safe!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Babeskee02: 1:31pm On Sep 01, 2022
Good afternoon house. Please who has traveled to the USA recently on Lufthansa Airlines. I want to know if a PCR test is needed in addition to the Vaccination Card?.
Please if anyone knows kindly respond.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Vikrex: 2:53pm On Sep 01, 2022
PLEASE SHOW PITY AND RESPOND WITH ANY HELP, NO RESPONSES SINCE.

Visa denied❌
August 30, 2022.
First Attempt
No funding.
Abuja (fat blonde lady)

PLS GUYS I NEED HELP, I WANT TO APPLY AGAIN

I felt she denied me because the course I have study before and where I have worked does not align.

KEY NOTE:

I studied Political Science and Public Administration

I have worked in LAPO (Loan firm)

My current job filled was Agro firm (it is also my brother's firm)

VO: She asked how come I studied Political Science and I have worked in those places...?

VO: She also asked that if I work for my brother...

ME: I said my course is Leadership and Administrative intertwined, and that my roles in these places are Administrative.

MY HUMBLE REQUEST

(1) I want to reply, and considering what I heard that they still have access to all your DS-160. Should I change the work experiences entirely, will they check the old ds160, while asking me what has changed ?

(2) Should I just retain all the former information on the DS-160 they already have, or do you think they can give me the opportunity to further defend the information more than I did before ?

(3) Should I reaapply immediately, considering looking date issue ?

(4) What else can I do ?

HELP PLEASE

WhatsApp 08182345771
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by samefiok(m): 3:17pm On Sep 01, 2022
Shannon70:

The questions you need to fill in are -

Why is he sponsoring you?

What are your ties, how do demonstrate a present intent to return to Nigeria?

Hi there, quick question let's say one got his proof of funds & Tuition fee from profits off an investment (Stocks,cryptocurrency,Bonds) will that be a red flag that'll lead to Visa Rejection
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Schrodinger2(m): 3:54pm On Sep 01, 2022
Gboy1026:
Are there fully funded scholarship for msc
Yes, plenty of it. But it depends on program of study and school.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Gboy1026: 4:09pm On Sep 01, 2022
Schrodinger2:

Yes, plenty of it. But it depends on program of study and school.
can u suggest few
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 01, 2022
samefiok:

Hi there, quick question let's say one got his proof of funds & Tuition fee from profits off an investment (Stocks,cryptocurrency,Bonds) will that be a red flag that'll lead to Visa Rejection

That sort of money can be hard to demonstrate and crypto is a scam so that is probably going to put off people.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by samefiok(m): 12:02am On Sep 02, 2022
Shannon70:

That sort of money can be hard to demonstrate and crypto is a scam so that is probably going to put off people.

Damn,thanks for the reply!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Schrodinger2(m): 1:33am On Sep 02, 2022
Gboy1026:
can u suggest few
Name your program and school options
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by pompeiimagnus: 2:13am On Sep 02, 2022
Vikrex:

Visa denied❌
August 30, 2022.
First Attempt
No funding.

Not going to lie, first time I’ve seen a program called organizational leadership. Might be hard to justify the financial costs
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 02, 2022
I would highly recommend people not waste their time developing "proposed transcripts." This is not Shakespeare where the actor is expected to deliver the verbatim text. The problem with the time spent on these is that it presupposes you know the precise question the Consular Officer is going to ask and that the perfectly phrased response will result in a visa issuance. That is not true.

These detailed, verbatim answers sound false consular officers because they sound rote and memorized, not like you actually know why you want to go study in the US. No one cares that you are going to study with Professor Smith at Eastern State University and they are some expert in their field. You have just described a thousand people in the US. Don't say the school is accredited. 99.9% of schools people are applying to are accredited. They all have full time and part time faculty.

Rather focus on the requirements -

1) Bona fide student. Bona fide students look at numerous options, the balance the offerings and what they hope to get. You need to look at more than one school, and consider what those different offerings give you. Bona fide students take entrance exams.

2) Ability to pay. Scholarships are great and can be determinative in making a choice. The offering of some scholarships can also help demonstrate that you are a bona fide student. The school determined you are worth something to them. Many, but not all schools, require proof of the ability to pay before they issue the I20. Consular officers frequently do not know that. Make sure you let them know if that was required.

3) Present intent to return to Nigeria. AKA ties. Do you have study leave? Is all your family here? Have you travelled before. US, UK, EU travel is great.

Whatever question they ask be prepared to include one or more of these three things into the answer.

Remember, as you walk in the answer is no - it's easy for the officer. You need to make it almost as easy to say yes.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Vikrex: 6:11pm On Sep 02, 2022
pompeiimagnus:

Not going to lie, first time I’ve seen a program called organizational leadership. Might be hard to justify the financial costs

$28,179
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ihategirls(m): 9:19pm On Sep 02, 2022
Shannon70:
I would highly recommend people not waste their time developing "proposed transcripts." This is not Shakespeare where the actor is expected to deliver the verbatim text. The problem with the time spent on these is that it presupposes you know the precise question the Consular Officer is going to ask and that the perfectly phrased response will result in a visa issuance. That is not true.

These detailed, verbatim answers sound false consular officers because they sound rote and memorized, not like you actually know why you want to go study in the US. No one cares that you are going to study with Professor Smith at Eastern State University and they are some expert in their field. You have just described a thousand people in the US. Don't say the school is accredited. 99.9% of schools people are applying to are accredited. They all have full time and part time faculty.

Rather focus on the requirements -

1) Bona fide student. Bona fide students look at numerous options, the balance the offerings and what they hope to get. You need to look at more than one school, and consider what those different offerings give you. Bona fide students take entrance exams.

2) Ability to pay. Scholarships are great and can be determinative in making a choice. The offering of some scholarships can also help demonstrate that you are a bona fide student. The school determined you are worth something to them. Many, but not all schools, require proof of the ability to pay before they issue the I20. Consular officers frequently do not know that. Make sure you let them know if that was required.

3) Present intent to return to Nigeria. AKA ties. Do you have study leave? Is all your family here? Have you travelled before. US, UK, EU travel is great.

Whatever question they ask be prepared to include one or more of these three things into the answer.

Remember, as you walk in the answer is no - it's easy for the officer. You need to make it almost as easy to say yes.
Hi Shannon70, my brother just finished from Stanford university and is currently on OPT. If I mention this to the consular officer, would it lead to denial ?

Some consular officers might think that OPT is a route to immigrating undecided
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Keren12: 5:22am On Sep 03, 2022
Please who is going to or is in Milwaukee Wisconsin that want to share an apartment. Urgently in need of one now.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by damilarelr(m): 9:26am On Sep 03, 2022
Please house,

If someone got denied today, what is the possibility/probability of getting a closer date considering the fact that applicants denied in the last 6 months cannot apply for Emergency appointment?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Cyingfreeman: 11:00am On Sep 03, 2022
Hello.

What's the probability of going for spring with a fall I-20 and getting visa approved?

My school is yet to issue me an updated spring I-20 which captures my graduate assistantship funding after making several calls and sending several emails.

My appointment is early next week. I probability of getting my I-20 before then is low.

Can I still go with my fall I-20 and explain the situation to the VO?

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by dreaonit: 11:23am On Sep 03, 2022
Is M1 Visa application not sure?

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (532) (Reply)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: petlin and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.