Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,281 members, 7,829,633 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help (46449 Views)

HIV Patient Confesses To Mixing Her Blood With Zobo To Sell To The Public (Video / Please Help, My Kid Sister Is In Pains (pics) / Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by LKO(m): 3:58pm On Sep 08, 2022
edosignature:
I work with LUTH. & my major are Epidemiology & Disease control.

I take care of HIV & AIDS patients. Fear no more brotherly, send her to LUTH., (APIN) HIV clinic & all treatment & medications are free.

You can send me a DM and I'll share my number with you.

LUTH... Lagos University Teaching Hospital.

How reliable is the viral load testing being carried out in the lab? My friend who tested positive March last year, started ARV by April 1. By July he was called to come for viral load test, the result came out 39, which means he was virally suppressed. By September last year he did another viral load test and was not detected. He was glad. By May this year, he did another viral load test, he went to check his result yesterday, the test read 47. We met yesterday and he is very sad. He don't skips his drug. He takes it 7 in the morning everyday and he believes his result should still be undected and not 47. He is marrying November, he is worried that he won't infect his wife someday. He takes his drug with strict adherence to all instructions given him in the clinic. Why from undected to 47? Please educate us sir.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by edosignature(m): 8:13pm On Sep 08, 2022
47 is still undetectable, depends on the analyser being used. There are some analyzers that detect below 50 & some can detect below 20. So your friend VL standing still at 47 is a good result.

Question...

1- Does he takes alcohol & it likes ? Alcohol impedes the high effectiveness of the drugs.

Taking the drugs judiciously as prescribe is a good steel for life to attain 99% Viral suppression.

2- Is your friend on other drugs that might interfere with the his ARVs ?

3- What is his Last CD4 ?

Thanks.

LKO:

How reliable is the viral load testing being carried out in the lab? My friend who tested positive March last year, started ARV by April 1. By July he was called to come for viral load test, the result came out 39, which means he was virally suppressed. By September last year he did another viral load test and was not detected. He was glad. By May this year, he did another viral load test, he went to check his result yesterday, the test read 47. We met yesterday and he is very sad. He don't skips his drug. He takes it 7 in the morning everyday and he believes his result should still be undected and not 47. He is marrying November, he is worried that he won't infect his wife someday. He takes his drug with strict adherence to all instructions given him in the clinic. Why from undected to 47? Please educate us sir.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by LKO(m): 11:59pm On Sep 08, 2022
edosignature:
47 is still undetectable, depends on the analyser being used. There are some analyzers that detect below 50 & some can detect below 20. So your friend VL standing still at 47 is a good result.

Question...

1- Does he takes alcohol & it likes ? Alcohol impedes the high effectiveness of the drugs.

Taking the drugs judiciously as prescribe is a good steel for life to attain 99% Viral suppression.

2- Is your friend on other drugs that might interfere with the his ARVs ?

3- What is his Last CD4 ?

Thanks.

He doesn't take alcohol at all. He is not on other drugs as well, except probably when he treats malaria once in a while and he usually give a three hour interval based on instruction. 47 is virally suppressed but his earlier result was TND. So what has changed since he takes his ARV as instructed? Can he infect his spouse with this kind of viral load? As for CD4, I will find out.

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by edosignature(m): 9:26pm On Sep 10, 2022
Kindly do& refer back(.

LKO:

He doesn't take alcohol at all. He is not on other drugs as well, except probably when he treats malaria once in a while and he usually give a three hour interval based on instruction. 47 is virally suppressed but his earlier result was TND. So what has changed since he takes his ARV as instructed? Can he infect his spouse with this kind of viral load? As for CD4, I will find out.

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by LKO(m): 2:05pm On Sep 11, 2022
edosignature:
Kindly do& refer back(.

His CD4 count was 154, the CD4 count test was done March last year before he started taking ARV.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by edosignature(m): 9:24pm On Sep 11, 2022
Note... CD4 can't be 154 cells/ul & Viral Load will be Undetectable (TND), it's not possible sir.

I'll advice you go for a repeat of VL, CD4 & Urea,Creatinine evaluation.

I repeat it's not possible to have a 154 CD4 & VL read TND. There is a mixup some a here or the drugs combination have failed.

Is the person on TLD combination ?

LKO:

His CD4 count was 154, the CD4 count test was done March last year before he started taking ARV.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by LKO(m): 7:01am On Sep 12, 2022
edosignature:
Note... CD4 can't be 154 cells/ul & Viral Load will be Undetectable (TND), it's not possible sir.

I'll advice you go for a repeat of VL, CD4 & Urea,Creatinine evaluation.

I repeat it's not possible to have a 154 CD4 & VL read TND. There is a mixup some a here or the drugs combination have failed.

Is the person on TLD combination ?

The CD4 test was conducted in March 2021 the day he was tested positive before he started ARV. He started ARV April 1 2021 and by July 15 2021his first viral load test was conducted and it was 39. By September 2021 another viral load test was conducted and it was TND. By May 2022 another viral load test was conducted and it was 47. Since March 2021 when a CD4 test conducted, another one has not been done.

He takes his drug religiously. He has not fallen sick. He is healthy, fit as a fiddle and fully robust. No one knows his status but only me his bosom friend. His concern is why would he go from TND to 47 when he takes his drug strictly as instructed.

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by iyornim5: 10:54am On Sep 12, 2022
Do yo know you can get affordable, quality health care with just your mobile phones?
On Outpost health, You can have consultations with a licensed doctors for as low as 3000 Naira, get prescribed medications which can be delivered to your door step. Get your samples for lab investigation taken by a qualified nurse in the comfort of your home, the investigation results sent to you, all at a discounted price! You don't have to skip work to be able to attend your Doctors appointment anymore, no more long waits and long queues in the hospital. And no more hospital stench! Your child is sick in the middle of the night? No worries Outpost health has got you covered!
To book for a consultation now click: https://www.outpost.health/patients to register and find a doctor who will sort out your health needs.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by edosignature(m): 7:04pm On Sep 12, 2022
There is no cause for alarm like have said before. There are some analyzers that have the capacity to detect 20 & below, while some capacity are 50.

So your friend is good to go.

LKO:

The CD4 test was conducted in March 2021 the day he was tested positive before he started ARV. He started ARV April 1 2021 and by July 15 2021his first viral load test was conducted and it was 39. By September 2021 another viral load test was conducted and it was TND. By May 2022 another viral load test was conducted and it was 47. Since March 2021 when a CD4 test conducted, another one has not been done.

He takes his drug religiously. He has not fallen sick. He is healthy, fit as a fiddle and fully robust. No one knows his status but only me his bosom friend. His concern is why would he go from TND to 47 when he takes his drug strictly as instructed.

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by LKO(m): 8:42pm On Sep 12, 2022
edosignature:
There is no cause for alarm like have said before. There are some analyzers that have the capacity to detect 20 & below, while some capacity are 50.

Some your friend is good to go.

So with a viral load of 47, can he infect his spouse? Is there no probability that his next viral load test will not be above 47 even though he takes his drug as directed ?
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by edosignature(m): 2:46pm On Sep 13, 2022
If he takes his drugs well, it's 99% certain he will not infect his wife.

LKO:

So with a viral load of 47, can he infect his spouse? Is there no probability that his next viral load test will not be above 47 even though he takes his drug as directed ?

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by LKO(m): 6:30pm On Sep 16, 2022
edosignature:
If he takes his drugs well, it's 99% certain he will not infect his wife.

Kindly educate us on the right way of taking ARV. Can it be taking at any time daily or it must be in a particular time daily? This is highly controversial.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by edosignature(m): 8:42pm On Sep 16, 2022
ARVs... Anti retrovirals.
We've 1st line, 2nd line & 3rd line drugs. You're on the safe sides if you're on first line.

Take your drugs everyday at a particular time. If you're to take it everyday, make it a particular time.

For example... 9am everyday either morning or night.

LKO:

Kindly educate us on the right way of taking ARV. Can it be taking at any time daily or it must be in a particular time daily? This is highly controversial.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by LKO(m): 3:42am On Sep 17, 2022
edosignature:
ARVs... Anti retrovirals.
We've 1st line, 2nd line & 3rd line drugs. You're on the safe sides if you're on first line.

Take your drugs everyday at a particular time. If you're to take it everyday, make it a particular time.

For example... 9am everyday either morning or night.

Why the contradiction?

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by edosignature(m): 6:56pm On Sep 17, 2022
There are no contradictions here. Take your drugs everyday & at a particular time you feel it's safe, healthy & good for you.

If you feel there is a contradiction here... Good luck to you.

Bye.

LKO:

Why the contradiction?

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by UCHIHAmask: 5:02pm On Sep 30, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

Bros, not when one contracted it since 2011 and still hasn't visited a hospital in 2022(11yrs after)!

We're already dealing with AIDS here.

HIV is not a death sentence, but AIDS really is. There's no place for motivational talks here.
Although with the signs and symptoms she is facing, it might already be AIDS but,some humans with extremely high immunity can live with HIV for up to 15 years, the range is 6mnths---15yrs as at when I did my research.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by ChybuzzDD(m): 8:07am On Oct 01, 2022
UCHIHAmask:

Although with the signs and symptoms she is facing, it might already be AIDS but,some humans with extremely high immunity can live with HIV for up to 15 years, the range is 6mnths---15yrs as at when I did my research.

I understand your point, but the context is about AIDS, and not just HIV
AIDS is the last stage of HIV which can take several years to be attained and is characterized by marked reduction in immunity and the presence of opportunistic infections

Someone at that stage already cannot have the ''extremely high immunity'' and the 15yrs lifespan you mentioned above.
The average lifespan of a patient with AIDS with no medications is about 3yrs, and about 1yr if there's an opportunistic infection present.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by UCHIHAmask: 12:15pm On Oct 01, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

I understand your point, but the context is about AIDS, and not just HIV
AIDS is the last stage of HIV which can take several years to be attained and is characterized by marked reduction in immunity and the presence of opportunistic infections

Someone at that stage already cannot have the ''extremely high immunity'' and the 15yrs lifespan you mentioned above.
The average lifespan of a patient with AIDS with no medications is about 3yrs, and about 1yr if there's an opportunistic infection present.
Yes, you are absolutely correct

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Handle Toilet Disease? / Nigerian Woman Commits Suicide In Gambia (Photo) / HIV Epidemic On Lekki/Ajah Island - Kemi Olunloyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.