Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help (46468 Views)

HIV Patient Confesses To Mixing Her Blood With Zobo To Sell To The Public (Video / Please Help, My Kid Sister Is In Pains (pics) / Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by nams77: 10:15am On Jun 25, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

Bros, not when one contracted it since 2011 and still hasn't visited a hospital in 2022(11yrs after)!

We're already dealing with AIDS here.

HIV is not a death sentence, but AIDS really is. There's no place for motivational talks here.
There are chances she can be nursed back to health. It's possible.

Op, take her immediately to govt hospital let them place her on anti- retrovirals.. she will come out by God's grace.
Love her and treat her right.

You can't get the infection from touching, hugging or even shaking hands.
Like richy4 said, go online and do research.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by nams77: 10:18am On Jun 25, 2022
Nyamiri:

She has full blown AIDS, that's a death sentence.
Go and educate yourself. She can be nursed back to health. Probably. Full blown AIDS doesn't always end in death
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Osstunde: 10:18am On Jun 25, 2022
Get her to the nearest ART clinic, they will evaluate her and manage all opportunistic infections accordingly before commencing her on lifelong Antiretoviral Therapy (ART).
Studies have shown that it takes less than a month for a patient on TLD (Tenofovir, Lamivudine and Dolutegravir) to achieve viral suppression.
So no cause for alarm, I'm confident she will be fine once she gets the appropriate help in due time...
Mind you DELAY IS DANGEROUS!!!!
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Light78: 10:20am On Jun 25, 2022
The way people Bleep these days ahh, especially the youths.

That's one thing with people that leave their parent's home in the name of wanting to stay alone at an early age. See the result now.

Take her to a government hospital for counseling.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by nams77: 10:20am On Jun 25, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:

I suspect it's now aids too , seems she wasn't taking her ARVs . This means if it's adis she will die soon unfortunately.

How stupid some people are just amazed me. I have dated two hiv positive ladies I met who opened up... They are the best women to date because they are sexually disciplined and faithful. And as long as you the negative gubstay on PEPs you are safe ..
Full blown AIDS doesn't always mean death. Some persons can recover from it. Ask experts in the field
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by tjcare4u2005(m): 10:21am On Jun 25, 2022
Take her to the nearest General Hospital government have already made arrangements for HIV victim. They will treat her.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by KingOfTheDamned: 10:24am On Jun 25, 2022
nams77:

Full blown AIDS doesn't always mean death. Some persons can recover from it. Ask experts in the field

Are you serious? Oh wow that's good
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Taiwoabbey147: 10:24am On Jun 25, 2022
She will still survive it but you need to act fast by going to Google and search for free HIV treatment in America and contact them for help. I live in America and i see advertisements on TV about medications that can make you a good life and even have children if you are living in HIV.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Kelisss: 10:31am On Jun 25, 2022
you ppl should forgive her and take he for treatment. she needs your love and support now than before. it's the only thing that will get her through but if you ppl discriminate and abandon her she will die of stigma and depression.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by IGoComotYaTeeth: 10:51am On Jun 25, 2022
NwaIgboBoy:
Bring her to me make give her better knack joor!

HIV nodey fear me pass waiting APC/PDP dey fear me!
You no well
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Angrymode: 11:05am On Jun 25, 2022
My only concern is why did she abscond from home for so long?
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by LKO(m): 11:07am On Jun 25, 2022
chikason22:

Any HIV patient that has a viral load of 10ml/copies can not infect anyone. The virus will be in it inactive stage and can no longer transmit or replicate DNA.
Your answer is capital letter YES.
YOU can marry and have non HIV children. So that's why you don't need to panic when you find out you're positive. Early detection give you less time to treat it or put it in it inactive stage of which you can't infect anyone anymore but can contract it from someone again though the virus may still be in your system but inactive. Thanks

Educative. But the problem is the compulsory daily usage of the drug for life and its side effects. What your say on this?
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by nams77: 11:14am On Jun 25, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:

Are you serious? Oh wow that's good
Very serious bro. You must be a liberal minded person to be date a hiv positive.i can too
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by erubati: 11:16am On Jun 25, 2022
When private matters become public discuss,u begin to wonder the kind of mentality these youths have
To think that nairaland will give better advice than the elders in ur family is an height if idiocy
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Wizmj4real(m): 11:19am On Jun 25, 2022
YoudeyVexme:
She left home since 2006 nobody heard from her... not even when our father died. There was no contact at all.

Surprisingly she came visiting yesterday looking thin and sick with a swollen feet. After much pestering to tell us the families whats the cause of it she said she's HIV positive since 2011.

Now the thing is what's the Implication of living with an hiv patients and if it's you would you accept such situations even if it's your blood to live with you?

Oga the deed has been done
She needs good food and her daily anti-retroviral drugs to survive
She can't infect you and even mosquito bites both of you , you can't still be infected

Please endeavour to take her to heart 2 heart clinic s they can do CD4- count Test, liver function test ,kidney function and TB rest for her

Pray for her
Mind you if she dies without you helping, you will forever live with that quilt

Hi isn't a death sentence
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by AFONJAPIG(m): 11:23am On Jun 25, 2022
Who knows how many men she has infected
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Jeffy1206(m): 11:23am On Jun 25, 2022
I'm sure it must have developed to aids undecided if yes game over. Na to watch her deteriorate. sad
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Starz825(m): 11:31am On Jun 25, 2022
Echoban:

What is this one saying undecided angry
Person wey don mad....for Vado's voice grin

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:33am On Jun 25, 2022
Nazgul:
She probably ran off with a guy to another state who ended up ditching her; and when the the battle to make ends meet caught up with her, she resorted to prostitution and caught the virus.

Well if you must know, HIV isn't a death sentence, with the right medication and health care, she can live comfortably till old age.

[b]Just show her love, care and support, don't in anyway try to condemn or judge her or else she might just end her life. [/b]People in such conditions are very fragile. You must apply wisdom when dealing with them.
Don't you think it would have been better if she had ended her own life instead of coming back home a liability after 16 good years of being away from her loved ones without any contact. No all those kind girls when them they busy fuckkking upadan and you try cautioning them, they will quickly remind you that it's their life not yours

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by lomprico(m): 11:35am On Jun 25, 2022
YoudeyVexme:
She left home since 2006 nobody heard from her... not even when our father died. There was no contact at all.

Surprisingly she came visiting yesterday looking thin and sick with a swollen feet. After much pestering to tell us the families whats the cause of it she said she's HIV positive since 2011.

Now the thing is what's the Implication of living with an hiv patients and if it's you would you accept such situations even if it's your blood to live with you?

Take her to a HIV clinic to start her retro drugs. It's free.

How old are you sef? undecided
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:35am On Jun 25, 2022
erubati:
When private matters become public discuss,u begin to wonder the kind of mentality these youths have
To think that nairaland will give better advice than the elders in ur family is an height if idiocy
Oga stop trying to be too wise. If you have not to offer here move on.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by KingOfTheDamned: 11:42am On Jun 25, 2022
nams77:

Very serious bro. You must be a liberal minded person to be date a hiv positive.i can too

When the personality of the lady supercedes whatever physical ailment

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by TrebleChamp(m): 11:43am On Jun 25, 2022
YoudeyVexme:

Take her to a general Hospital in your area, she will be diagnosed properly and placed on Anti-retroviral drugs. She will be very well in no time, if she properly follow through with her medication. HIV is not infectious through body contact or sharing spoon, plates, cloths or even sex (debatable), just avoid any objects that has come in contact with her blood. HIV is doesn't kill, AIDS does. To stop it becoming full blown AIDS, she has to be placed on Anti-retroviral drugs asap and take the medication seriously...

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by victorazy(m): 11:46am On Jun 25, 2022
YoudeyVexme:
OKay junkie!

You from rivers state?
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by maasoap(m): 11:47am On Jun 25, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:

I feel so sad for her indeed. And more still she seems to have a demon for a brother

For coming online anonymously to ask questions and seek more knowledge? Nigerians!
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by erubati: 11:48am On Jun 25, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Oga stop trying to be too wise. If you have not to offer here move on.
No am not.
I strongly don't support posting my private business on social media forums like this,and I won't encourage it either.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by maasoap(m): 11:51am On Jun 25, 2022
erubati:

Well, you are only here for fun. You seem to have underrated the pools of knowledge here.

What do those elders in the family know about HIV/AIDS to begin with? The best advice is here
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by naijapikin2(m): 11:52am On Jun 25, 2022
God can heal her, I repeat God can heal her.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by maasoap(m): 11:53am On Jun 25, 2022
erubati:

No am not.
I strongly don't support posting my private business on social media forums like this,and I won't encourage it either.

Who are you here? Nobody!
Who am I here? Nobody!! So, I don't understand the privacy you're talking about at all
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by SilvanusII(m): 11:54am On Jun 25, 2022
Apparently she didn't care for herself. HIV is manageable na
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by perryy(m): 11:56am On Jun 25, 2022
Before stigmatized Your sister of having HIV, read below and learn about none HIV AIDS. That is a situation where someone will develop AIDS without testing positive to HIV anti body. Your immunity will automatically become useles without any HIV. It is for this reaons many scientists still believe hiv is not the cause of AIDS. If there is a problem with the body immune system, the body will develop what is known HERV human exogenous retro viruses anti body. It is this anti body they Call HIV which causes AIDS. Meanwhile, the body produces this as a result of the internal war going on within the immune system. So when a person is diagnosed of HIV, what he needs is to boost his immunity, change lifestyle so that the war within the immune system will stop and the body will return to normal.

Autoimmune Technologies - Applied Biomedical Science
Saturday, June 25, 2022

About Us

Areas of Research

Laboratory Tests

News Releases

Contact Us

Resources

Home

Non-HIV AIDS
Idiopathic CD4+ T-lymphocytopenia, or ICL, is an immunodeficiency syndrome in which human immunodeficiency virus, or HIV, cannot be detected. Because HIV is the causative agent of acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS), ICL can be referred to as Non-HIV AIDS. As in AIDS patients, Non-HIV AIDS patients exhibit reduced numbers of CD4+ T-lymphocytes, and many Non-HIV AIDS patients have developed the opportunistic infections or otherwise rare cancers associated with AIDS.

Non-HIV AIDS patients may comprise perhaps one percent of all AIDS patients. While the majority of Non-HIV AIDS patients do not belong to any of the risk groups such as blood transfusion recipients, male homosexuals, and intravenous drug abusers in which AIDS was first identified, some Non-HIV AIDS patients do belong to these groups. This suggests that Non-HIV AIDS may also be transmissible.

Research conducted at Tulane University Medical Center suggests that Non-HIV AIDS is associated with a retroviral particle called Human Intracisternal A-Type Particle-Type II, or HIAP-II. Antibodies to this particle have been found in a high percentage of patients with Non-HIV AIDS. Tulane has patented HIAP-II, and Autoimmune Technologies is licensing HIAP-II technology in order to develop screening and diagnostic tests and therapies for Non-HIV AIDS and to study the possibility of generating vaccines against Non-HIV AIDS, autoimmune disease, and AIDS.

For information about diagnostic testing, go to the Non-HIV AIDS Laboratory Test Page.

This material is not intended to take the place of a physician's advice.

Autoimmune Technologies, LLC
830 Union Street, Suite 200 | New Orleans, Louisiana, 70112, USA
T: (504) 529-9944 | F: (504) 529-8982 | E: mailbox@autoimmune.com

Web site by: New Orleans Web Design

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Chris2863(m): 12:03pm On Jun 25, 2022
YoudeyVexme:
OKay junkie!
you need to grow up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Commits Suicide In Gambia (Photo) / HIV Epidemic On Lekki/Ajah Island - Kemi Olunloyo / Prophet Patrick Eyaefe's Wife dies from snake bite hours after marrying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.