Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,441 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help (46467 Views)

HIV Patient Confesses To Mixing Her Blood With Zobo To Sell To The Public (Video / Please Help, My Kid Sister Is In Pains (pics) / Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by armourcop: 12:19pm On Jun 25, 2022
Sorry about that but she can live a normal life if she can simply be on Esomaron supplement. It's about N3000 per bottle. Alternately, she can be taken the free HIV drugs provided by government hospitals and agencies
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by ogubolokento(m): 1:01pm On Jun 25, 2022
Been HIV positive is no serious deal, she should check for her CD 4 count if it has not gone bad she must enroll for treatment immediately and bounce back again healthy
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Kobojunkie: 1:03pm On Jun 25, 2022
Papichulostunne:
Nope.. ! But maybe the fact she left home for 16years with no reason, no trace, no contact what so ever. And then she just show up out of the blue to pretend all is fine and yes, SHE HAS HIV.!!!!

THAT OUGHT TO DIMINISH THE FACT THAT SHE IS A SISTER TO THEM
Really? So, no food or place for the prodigal son or sister in your life? undecided

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by lookingfly: 1:05pm On Jun 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What the heck kind of question is this? Does her being HIV positive somehow diminish the fact that she is your sister? undecided
don't be too hash on the person asking the questions.....you don't know what it feels like for a family member to just abandoned the whole family for that long a time and when they decided to come back, they came with an ailment. I. Very sure they don't know her anymore(no physically but who she is at hearth) so they may be afraid.

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Reasoning(m): 1:14pm On Jun 25, 2022
The Case here is that; You just found out that your sister is a Zombie, Dracula, Vampire that must die, cause you have lost a sister ever the day she got infected with HIV virus. And the fact is; You have to kill a zombie before you get bitten or infected with the virus. Or you wan die too??. Or maybe someone dare to you or other people get infected by your Zombie, Dracula and Vampire sister. And if you cannot kill her, any body that got infected by your sister while you knowing her HIV virus status, you are a collaborator to that persons deaths too, which makes you guilty of Murders and Terrorism. It may even be your Parents, Children, Relations, Neighbors, Co-workers, Church Members, Government Officials or Staffs, Presidents and Governors, etc, that are infected with HIV virus. They have to Die, it a must!!!!!!!!! Or you all enjoy the Terrorism that is plaqueing the whole world at Large. Me! Everlasting living as Human awaiting to Terminate evil and their conspirators, including their supporters put together, with no Mercy, Pity or compromise..
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Sonero411: 1:19pm On Jun 25, 2022
Haba! HIV is not a communicable disease so people living with HIV/AIDS are just like you and me. So give her the support she needs and stop doing things that points to stigmatisation.
No qualms sharing the same room with an HIV patient but just take her to hospital to do some baseline assessment and be sure she has not gone down with some opportunistic infections like TB, cos TB is communicable. Then be sure she is on her HIV treatment regimen and takes her ARVs correctly.

But that swollen leg though could be sign of HIVAN , meaning advance HIV disease and maybe any of her organs may have been affected .

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by ReadingIsWealth(m): 1:20pm On Jun 25, 2022
YoudeyVexme:
She left home since 2006 nobody heard from her... not even when our father died. There was no contact at all.

Surprisingly she came visiting yesterday looking thin and sick with a swollen feet. After much pestering to tell us the families whats the cause of it she said she's HIV positive since 2011.

Now the thing is what's the Implication of living with an hiv patients and if it's you would you accept such situations even if it's your blood to live with you?

what is the problem here? you can only get HIV/AIDS from blood or intercourse. What exactly were you planning on doing with her that her condition would be an issue for you?

Please get her to see a doctor as soon as she is able. She needs your love and care now more than ever. She deserves dignity, I have two close relatives with the condition and they would be dead without our family's support. Please do not condemn or abandon a person who is already suffering so much - it is a terrible sin, and there are heavenly rewards for those who treat sick family members with care and dignity.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by ReadingIsWealth(m): 1:24pm On Jun 25, 2022
Reasoning:
The Case here is that; You just found out that your sister is a Zombie, Dracula, Vampire that must die, cause you have lost a sister ever the day she got infected with HIV virus. And the fact is; You have to kill a zombie before you get bitten or infected with the virus. Or you wan die too??. Or maybe someone dare to you or other people get infected by your Zombie, Dracula and Vampire sister. And if you cannot kill her, any body that got infected by your sister while you knowing her HIV virus status, you are a collaborator to that persons deaths too, which makes you guilty of Murders and Terrorism. It may even be your Parents, Children, Relations, Neighbors, Co-workers, Church Members, Government Officials or Staffs, Presidents and Governors, etc, that are infected with HIV virus. They have to Die, it a must!!!!!!!!! Or you all enjoy the Terrorism that is plaqueing the whole world at Large. Me! Everlasting living as Human awaiting to Terminate evil and their conspirators, including their supporters put together, with no Mercy, Pity or compromise..

please get help and talk to a pastor or imam. this is nonsense that any form of islam or christianity can not tolerate at all. how dare you curse those who are already burdened! millions of good and godly people have hiv/aids - the fact you can deny this is proof of your ignorance. may you find peace.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:30pm On Jun 25, 2022
erubati:

No am not.
I strongly don't support posting my private business on social media forums like this,and I won't encourage it either.
This forum has the option of complete anonymity. So it afford people if they chose the option to sample opinions while staying anonymous. Don't forget we also have doctors here as well. Instead of criticizing someone for trying to sample opinions, you can simply offer ur advice that he should seek medical help for his sister
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Saig: 1:36pm On Jun 25, 2022
Just register her at a hospital and ensure she takes her drugs appropriately. Show her love and you wont even know she has it
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by virginchaser(m): 1:54pm On Jun 25, 2022
Load her with fruits and get her enroll in a teaching hospital ASAP. She also needs counseling and never try to transmit it as vengeance.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Lovelydaisies: 1:55pm On Jun 25, 2022
I'm sorry for your sister and what you as a family are going through. Please, the first port of call is to take her for evaluation at the hospital and then, follow-up care. May God provide you the resources to care for her.

What she did, disappearing without a trace, is bad. I hope she has learned her lessons. Let her draw close to God now and set things right.

But...how did she leave and where did she go? Was she reported missing or your family presumed she was dead after searching for her to no avail? I'm really curious.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Papichulostunne(m): 1:56pm On Jun 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Really? So, no food or place for the prodigal son or sister in your life? undecided

Nor be so ah tok oh... But she gats explain herself lf nah.. Make everybody know where she don waka reach for cure. Spiritual if any so that when she dey stay everbody for the house go know wetin carry the problem come house.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Kobojunkie: 2:00pm On Jun 25, 2022
Papichulostunne:
Nor be so ah tok oh... But she gats explain herself lf nah.. Make everybody know where she don waka reach for cure. Spiritual if any so that when she dey stay everbody for the house go know wetin carry the problem come house.
Spiritual what now? You are told she is sick and dying, and you are looking for Spiritual this and that...why? lipsrsealed
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by TiglathPILESER: 2:00pm On Jun 25, 2022
YoudeyVexme:
She left home since 2006 nobody heard from her... not even when our father died. There was no contact at all.

Surprisingly she came visiting yesterday looking thin and sick with a swollen feet. After much pestering to tell us the families whats the cause of it she said she's HIV positive since 2011.

Now the thing is what's the Implication of living with an hiv patients and if it's you would you accept such situations even if it's your blood to live with you?
Pls connect her to NSSPD by Pastor jerry every morning 7am Nigerian time...God bless and heal her soul
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by chikason22(m): 2:04pm On Jun 25, 2022
LKO:

Educative. But the problem is the compulsory daily usage of the drug for life and its side effects. What your say on this?
No you don't take it for life. That's why I said when you pass the first stage of compulsory intake of the drugs, at the second stage when you are nearing the stage at which you won't be able to infect anyone again. You don't need to take it fo life. This is because your viral load is now low. The HIV virus at that stage can't replicate DNA anymore so it won't infect health body cells anymore. Remember cell is the unit of life. So if your cells are infected with an incurable disease such as HIV and you don't do anything to control. Gradually, your health begin to decline and can lead to one's death. So, you don't have to take the drugs for life if your viral load is low. It's going to be once in a while. Just eat good food and treat yourself when you fall sick. That's all.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by gordons4real(m): 2:19pm On Jun 25, 2022
Please, HIV don't kills just take her to a doctor
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Chiraq77(m): 2:34pm On Jun 25, 2022
Jeon:

Ohhh, then what was the reason for that?
Maybe you will have access to pussey, that was the motivation for dancing on my mentions.
Or
you were trying to get all the nairalanders attentions on me,but you gave up because they ignored your stupidity.

Your mom deep hole right?
A place to dispose unwanted,wasted and useless cum.

No wonder.
You quoted me in all threads back then, though some are down.

You will still be a ba..stard from a useless prostitute.

Nobody Wants Your Pussy Slut,stop playing your self i don't even know what you look like,for all I know you could even have Aids

You are Such a Pained Bitch,That's why you got alot of baggage,let me give you some advice your Broke Dead Beat Father Evidently didn't give you,Focus on Improving your Life,and Not Trying to Prove your Self.

I Really regret quoting you tho,no lie,it only gave opportunity for a cunt on the internet to insult my mother,oh Well That's on Me.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by fabsyl(m): 2:37pm On Jun 25, 2022
The prodigal daughter
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Jeon(f): 2:38pm On Jun 25, 2022
Chiraq77:

Nobody Wants Your Pussy Slut,stop playing your self i don't even know what you look like,for all I know you could even have Aids

You are Such a Pained Bitch,That's why you got alot of baggage,let me give you some advice your Broke Dead Beat Father Evidently didn't give you,Focus on Improving your Life,and Not Trying to Prove your Self.

I Really regret quoting you tho,no lie,it only gave opportunity for a LovePeddler on the internet to insult my mother,oh Well That's on Me.

All those narrative essay are all your misery you are suffering from, because you choose a useless life..
Well that's how to notice a bi.. cth offspring.

You could've respected yourself back then where I told you to stay away from my quote.
Bast.. rd, you are still /and will forever be a son that came out from a hole fuvked by uncountable dicks..
It will take God Glory if you know your biological father.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by kkinternet: 2:40pm On Jun 25, 2022
Hiv is not a death sentence.
No need to stigmatize her.
If she can take her medications( ARVS) her CD 4 count will increase in no distant time and she will live very very long.
Take her to the hospital and the experts will take it from there.

Don't run from her as she needs all Y'all support now.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by sylve11: 2:50pm On Jun 25, 2022
Nazgul:
She probably ran off with a guy to another state who ended up ditching her; and when the the battle to make ends meet caught up with her, she resorted to prostitution and caught the virus.

Well if you must know, HIV isn't a death sentence, with the right medication and health care, she can live comfortably till old age.

Just show her love, care and support, don't in anyway try to condemn or judge her or else she might just end her life. People in such conditions are very fragile. You must apply wisdom when dealing with them.

Well said. cool

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Dksmile: 3:13pm On Jun 25, 2022
Richy4:
shocked shocked shocked
Wow!!! I have no idea that people still needed some orientation on HIV and people living with the virus in this day and age....

Oga!! Please kindly Google it.. every thing u need to know is online..All kinds of question u wanna ask is answered there with scientific evidence.. more than 50 different stories about living with HIV.... It's Just a click of a button.. embarassed

Case close cool cool

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Quenncee: 3:47pm On Jun 25, 2022
I understand the situation dear,you guys should take her to the nearest teaching hospital ASP.With the right medication, quality diet,care and support she will be fine Just like some one had said earlier,her condition isn't a death sentence,she can still live her normal life till the time that Christ will come to take us.
NOTE:She needs more of fruits and vegetables now more than every other meal.I pray for God's mercy upon her and quick recovery
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by erubati: 3:49pm On Jun 25, 2022
maasoap:

Well, you are only here for fun. You seem to have underrated the pools of knowledge here.

What do those elders in the family know about HIV/AIDS to begin with? The best advice is here
The best advice can never be on social media.
I hate to post a matter that can be used against me In future.
Am not blind to see people going back to one's profile to screenshot their posts in order to make mockery of them at the slightest argument.
I repeat,the best advice can never be on social media
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by erubati: 3:50pm On Jun 25, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
This forum has the option of complete anonymity. So it afford people if they chose the option to sample opinions while staying anonymous. Don't forget we also have doctors here as well. Instead of criticizing someone for trying to sample opinions, you can simply offer ur advice that he should seek medical help for his sister
There is no complete anonymity on social media.if u want to be fished out,it only takes ur IP address brother or ur moniker
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Quenncee: 3:50pm On Jun 25, 2022
You are right,organ like the liver might have bn affected
Sonero411:
Haba! HIV is not a communicable disease so people living with HIV/AIDS are just like you and me. So give her the support she needs and stop doing things that points to stigmatisation.
No qualms sharing the same room with an HIV patient but just take her to hospital to do some baseline assessment and be sure she has not gone down with some opportunistic infections like TB, cos TB is communicable. Then be sure she is on her HIV treatment regimen and takes her ARVs correctly.

But that swollen leg though could be sign of HIVAN , meaning advance HIV disease and maybe any of her organs may have been affected .
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by erubati: 3:53pm On Jun 25, 2022
maasoap:

Who are you here? Nobody!
Who am I here? Nobody!! So, I don't understand the privacy you're talking about at all
I have seen ow low people can get here in order to bully u or insult u at the slightest of arguments.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Wwwq: 3:53pm On Jun 25, 2022
Really
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by princewarri1985: 3:54pm On Jun 25, 2022
YoudeyVexme:

do you mean you are still staying with your parents or family house at this age? If yes that means your problem is even more worst than than that of your sister with HIV
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by DrDunamis(m): 4:07pm On Jun 25, 2022
YoudeyVexme:

Stop the HIV+ stigma, it's even more hurtful than the disease. Yes it's a transmissible viral disease but there is treatment for HIV patients to reduce viral load and the drugs are all free. She just needs to be religious with her drugs, maintain proper hygiene and avoid sharing sharp objects with her.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by LKO(m): 4:10pm On Jun 25, 2022
chikason22:

No you don't take it for life. That's why I said when you pass the first stage of compulsory intake of the drugs, at the second stage when you are nearing the stage at which you won't be able to infect anyone again. You don't need to take it fo life. This is because your viral load is now low. The HIV virus at that stage can't replicate DNA anymore so it won't infect health body cells anymore. Remember cell is the unit of life. So if your cells are infected with an incurable disease such as HIV and you don't do anything to control. Gradually, your health begin to decline and can lead to one's death. So, you don't have to take the drugs for life if your viral load is low. It's going to be once in a while. Just eat good food and treat yourself when you fall sick. That's all.

Misinformation sir. I have read widely on this issue and my best guy tested positive to the virus last year March. The drug usage is daily and for life at the moment. You stop taking your pill, the viral load goes up. That u are now undetected does not mean u stop taking your pill.Some health experts even insist that the pill is taken at same time every day. My friend was virally suppressed as at June last year, his viral load was 39, less than 50. As at September, he was already undetected. He has done another test last week and still awaiting his result. For emphasis, the pill is daily whether virally suppressed or not.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Commits Suicide In Gambia (Photo) / HIV Epidemic On Lekki/Ajah Island - Kemi Olunloyo / Prophet Patrick Eyaefe's Wife dies from snake bite hours after marrying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.