Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help (46463 Views)

HIV Patient Confesses To Mixing Her Blood With Zobo To Sell To The Public (Video / Please Help, My Kid Sister Is In Pains (pics) / Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by PlaysNigeria: 4:20pm On Jun 25, 2022
Me i go leave house for this one, dem born us together no be to die together. Btw, she chose her path. She needs care tho but ama leave the house for her. She can have bit all to herself.
Much of a disgrace to the family already tho, when will humans learn that their actions lead to consequences, we no dey live animal kingdom nau.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by mecussey(m): 4:21pm On Jun 25, 2022
YoudeyVexme:
She left home since 2006 nobody heard from her... not even when our father died. There was no contact at all.

Surprisingly she came visiting yesterday looking thin and sick with a swollen feet. After much pestering to tell us the families whats the cause of it she said she's HIV positive since 2011.

Now the thing is what's the Implication of living with an hiv patients and if it's you would you accept such situations even if it's your blood to live with you?

Possibly, kidney and liver is failing due to too many drugs in the blood. You guys should help her manage good diet and treatment. She must have learnt her lessons the hard way
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by EmyGod(m): 4:33pm On Jun 25, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:

I suspect it's now aids too , seems she wasn't taking her ARVs . This means if it's adis she will die soon unfortunately.

How stupid some people are just amazed me. I have dated two hiv positive ladies I met who opened up... They are the best women to date because they are sexually disciplined and faithful. And as long as you the negative gubstay on PEPs you are safe ..
So you get mind sleeping with a HIV patient tomorrow you cry to God for abandoning you but you are the one who take your two arms welcome calamities, Repent that the only thing that can take stupidity if sin afar from a sinful low mentality..
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by chikason22(m): 4:45pm On Jun 25, 2022
LKO:

Misinformation sir. I have read widely on this issue and my best guy tested positive to the virus last year March. The drug usage is daily and for life at the moment. You stop taking your pill, the viral load goes up. That u are now undetected does not mean u stop taking your pill.Some health experts even insist that the pill is taken at same time every day. My friend was virally suppressed as at June last year, his viral load was 39, less than 50. As at September, he was already undetected. He has done another test last week and still awaiting his result. For emphasis, the pill is daily whether virally suppressed or not.
The drugs when your viral load is 10 ml/copies won't be regular like that. One thing you need to understand is that, eating healthy balance diet can go a long way to protect you. Not only taking the drugs
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by E2000: 4:59pm On Jun 25, 2022
Give her some money and advice then kick her out.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Richardxxx: 6:02pm On Jun 25, 2022
Shocking moment a man attacked two airport workers in front of girlfriend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upe2gW6RfTU
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Abiscodi11: 7:36pm On Jun 25, 2022
With the swollen leg and very thin body, she is already having the wasting syndrome, a very good hospital is the best for her at this moment so as to carryout other test
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by chigoizie7(m): 7:51pm On Jun 25, 2022
Rexymania:
What kinda human are you? Take her to a damn hospital

I might be a novice ooh. But please I want to know more. Yes I support taking her to the hospital at least for proper examination and probably find solutions. But do you think that there are chances it hasn’t degenerated to AIDS? I mean someone that has the virus detected in her since 2011 without proper form of treatment or medications. How long does it take for hiv to get to aids? I mean she is looking very skinny with swollen feet does she still have a chance?
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Maforgreats(m): 9:03pm On Jun 25, 2022
This ur sister wicked, she had HIV for 11years and told no one, she obviously came back to be buried. Surely took her alot of courage coming back. Pls support ur dieing sister sir. She has all the hope in the world now she was courageous to return to base, she need love and care now not rejection.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Rexymania(m): 9:04pm On Jun 25, 2022
Wow...haaaa that's bad news

chigoizie7:

I might be a novice ooh. But please I want to know more. Yes I support taking her to the hospital at least for proper examination and probably find solutions. But do you think that there are chances it hasn’t degenerated to AIDS? I mean someone that has the virus detected in her since 2011 without proper form of treatment or medications. How long does it take for hiv to get to aids? I mean she is looking very skinny with swollen feet does she still have a chance?
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Rodinat: 10:48pm On Jun 25, 2022
[quote author=frozen70 post=114128381]

"Let her go and register with the nearest government hospital where they are given counselling and free drugs"
This is the best advice,you will spend less.
She can still make it in life.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Owilar(m): 10:54pm On Jun 25, 2022
HIV is not a dead sentence, encourage her to be taking her medication and she will be virally surpressed, undetectable and untransmittable. You also have to be on prep if you're negative. NOTE adherence is very important in HIV treatment.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Samidecking717(m): 11:17pm On Jun 25, 2022
YoudeyVexme:
She left home since 2006 nobody heard from her... not even when our father died. There was no contact at all.

Surprisingly she came visiting yesterday looking thin and sick with a swollen feet. After much pestering to tell us the families whats the cause of it she said she's HIV positive since 2011.

Now the thing is what's the Implication of living with an hiv patients and if it's you would you accept such situations even if it's your blood to live with you?
she has come over it , hence she came back to express how she is feeling.just show her love and make her believe that there's more to life than running away from your problems.return her to Christ if you practice christainism.#No stigmatization

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Chamberlin1983(m): 11:52pm On Jun 25, 2022
I dont know what wrong with some people. Hear question. These are the kind of people that stigmatize even there own blood. And am sure he has say a hail lot of things about her.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by fortunechy(m): 12:17am On Jun 26, 2022
She left since 2006 imagine... Lack of home training.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by azpekuliar: 5:26am On Jun 26, 2022
nams77:

Go and educate yourself. She can be nursed back to health. Probably. Full blown AIDS doesn't always end in death

The OP and his family are already in a race against time at this stage. She may not make it like the individual here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRhx8nZuQWI
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by bdon123(m): 6:24am On Jun 26, 2022
YoudeyVexme:

I once lived wit a HIV patient aunt in my fadas house while growing up without even knowing until she died i later heard d full story.HIV is not some communicable disease u catch by hugging n shaking so calm down

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by 9jaRealist: 8:23am On Jun 26, 2022
YoudeyVexme:

What’s the issue?
HIV is NOT contagious - unless you’re sleeping with your sister!

>
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by BRATISLAVA: 9:06am On Jun 26, 2022
Hydroxide:
When she dey enjoy she no remember home and she did not even call home for years. When things do really bad, she remember home. I pray make I look that kinda person for face self. Rubbish

Have you ever cheated in an exam?
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by chocboi78(m): 9:34am On Jun 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What the heck kind of question is this? Does her being HIV positive somehow diminish the fact that she is your sister? undecided
sister that ghosted for 16 years
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Chiraq77(m): 11:17am On Jun 26, 2022
Jeon:

All those narrative essay are all your misery you are suffering from, because you choose a useless life..
Well that's how to notice a bi.. cth offspring.

You could've respected yourself back then where I told you to stay away from my quote.
Bast.. rd, you are still /and will forever be a son that came out from a hole fuvked by uncountable dicks..
It will take God Glory if you know your biological father.

Get off my dick Bitch
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Kobojunkie: 12:23pm On Jun 26, 2022
chocboi78:
sister that ghosted for 16 years
So her Sister-card revoked as a result? undecided

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by edosignature(m): 7:14pm On Jun 26, 2022
I work with LUTH. & my major are Epidemiology & Disease control.

I take care of HIV & AIDS patients. Fear no more brotherly, send her to LUTH., (APIN) HIV clinic & all treatment & medications are free.

You can send me a DM and I'll share my number with you.

LUTH... Lagos University Teaching Hospital.

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by chocboi78(m): 10:31pm On Jun 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So her Sister-card revoked as a result? undecided
actions have consequences bro
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Kobojunkie: 10:33pm On Jun 26, 2022
chocboi78:
actions have consequences bro
Yes it does but did she harm anyone by her action for her family member status to be revoked? undecided
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by chocboi78(m): 11:54pm On Jun 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Yes it does but did she harm anyone by her action for her family member status to be revoked? undecided
so abandoning your parents for 16 years is no harm?? What if the mum developed high bp and died as a result. She’s only family by book not by actions. Family na for Mouth?
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Kobojunkie: 12:01am On Jun 27, 2022
chocboi78:
so abandoning your parents for 16 years is no harm?? What if the mum developed high bp and died as a result. She’s only family by book not by actions. Family na for Mouth?
Why would a mother do that because left home? What about her other children? Are they rocks? undecided

Family isn't only those that act as you want them to. Your relatives refers to all those linked to you by blood, whether you like them or not. undecided
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by chocboi78(m): 12:09am On Jun 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Why would a mother do that because left home? What about her other children? Are they rocks? undecided

Family isn't only those that act as you want them to. Your relatives refers to all those linked to you by blood, whether you like them or not. undecided
do if as a dad your child strays you would be happy and proud right, why didn’t u leave your parents and never check up on em
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Kobojunkie: 12:21am On Jun 27, 2022
chocboi78:
do if as a dad your child strays you would be happy and proud right, why didn’t u leave your parents and never check up on em
You wouldn't be happy and proud but at least you will leave the door open should he wander back in again. undecided

Who told you I never ran away from my folks? undecided
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by rhymesnoni(m): 1:54pm On Jun 27, 2022
LKO:

Misinformation sir. I have read widely on this issue and my best guy tested positive to the virus last year March. The drug usage is daily and for life at the moment. You stop taking your pill, the viral load goes up. That u are now undetected does not mean u stop taking your pill.Some health experts even insist that the pill is taken at same time every day. My friend was virally suppressed as at June last year, his viral load was 39, less than 50. As at September, he was already undetected. He has done another test last week and still awaiting his result. For emphasis, the pill is daily whether virally suppressed or not.

Thanks for clearifying, I was wondering. Although I am yet to see someone Positive confirmed of HIV but I know i've read that even when viral load is low, drug intake must not stop.

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Joeyfizzo: 12:14pm On Jul 30, 2022
Ashewo was in her eyes....now see the result... Lekki slay queens doing asewo living 10 in a room ona dey heeear? Hm

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Commits Suicide In Gambia (Photo) / HIV Epidemic On Lekki/Ajah Island - Kemi Olunloyo / Prophet Patrick Eyaefe's Wife dies from snake bite hours after marrying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.