Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,794 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:31 AM

2023 Presidency: Why Peter Obi Is Overrated – Joe Igbokwe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: Why Peter Obi Is Overrated – Joe Igbokwe (2239 Views)

Senate Presidency: Why Akpabio May Lose Support Of Colleagues / Atiku Presidency: Why El-rufai Is Afraid - Tambuwal / 2019 Presidency: Why Kwankwaso Has What It Takes To Defeat Buhari – Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Presidency: Why Peter Obi Is Overrated – Joe Igbokwe by YorubaIsGreat(m): 7:31pm On Jun 24, 2022
As Nigerians eagerly anticipate the 2023 presidency, a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Lagos chapter, Joe Igbokwe, on Friday described the Labour Party (LP) presidential candidate, Peter Obi, as “overrated “.
POLITICS NIGERIA reports that Igbokwe, a top campaigner of Bola Tinubu, presidential candidate of the ruling APC, berated Obi for a past comment condemning President Muhammadu Buhari’s system of stimulating the economy via erecting and renovating critical infrastructure.
“You can’t use infrastructure to drive economic growth,” Obi said at the time during an interview on Arise TV. “You invest in education and the SME (Small, Medium Enterprises) sector instead to deal with poverty,” he adds.
Making a flashback to the statement, Igbokwe reprimanded the former Anambra State governor, concluding that he is “just a trader”.
“Somebody who wants to be the President of Nigeria is telling you that infrastructure does not drive the economy in the 21st Century and you are taking that person serious. Peter [Obi] is overrated in Nigeria. He is just a trader,” he wrote on his known Facebook page.
https://politicsnigeria.com/2023-presidency-why-peter-obi-is-overrated-joe-igbokwe/
mynd44
lalasticlala

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Why Peter Obi Is Overrated – Joe Igbokwe by fullnetwork: 7:31pm On Jun 24, 2022
This guy again?

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Why Peter Obi Is Overrated – Joe Igbokwe by almelo3: 7:34pm On Jun 24, 2022
Oga drainages to clean still plenty go face your work

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Why Peter Obi Is Overrated – Joe Igbokwe by alsudan: 7:35pm On Jun 24, 2022
This man cleans gutters and licks Tinubu’s leaky Ass to survive. So Sad!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Why Peter Obi Is Overrated – Joe Igbokwe by Typicool8(m): 7:36pm On Jun 24, 2022
almelo3:
Oga drainages to clean still plenty go face your work
No mind the idiot wey go just open that him mouth wey be like gutter waa dey talk rubbish

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Why Peter Obi Is Overrated – Joe Igbokwe by Cubalabloo(m): 7:38pm On Jun 24, 2022
Yes, the fool is overrated.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Why Peter Obi Is Overrated – Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 24, 2022
Everybody is right

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Why Peter Obi Is Overrated – Joe Igbokwe by doggedfighter(f): 7:39pm On Jun 24, 2022
Efulefu !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Why Peter Obi Is Overrated – Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 24, 2022
To break it down 4 mr, the gutter man you build house and you come get nothing doing how do you expect eat, cloth yourself and etc na house u go chop imagine gutter draining man talking about economics grin cheesy Nobi juju be that am asking him

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Why Peter Obi Is Overrated – Joe Igbokwe by Salvador1: 7:40pm On Jun 24, 2022
Cubalabloo:
Yes, the fool is overrated.
you mean tulumbu is overrated fool.

Keep it coming.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Why Peter Obi Is Overrated – Joe Igbokwe by maybet081: 7:45pm On Jun 24, 2022
Joe igbokwe is an osu.

5 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Why Peter Obi Is Overrated – Joe Igbokwe by Jennyjay283: 7:46pm On Jun 24, 2022
Smiless.
It would shock many people if Peter obi later becomes president.

7 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Why Peter Obi Is Overrated – Joe Igbokwe by mbaise1000: 7:46pm On Jun 24, 2022
I think it will be better to be overrated than to be disowned by your people

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Why Peter Obi Is Overrated – Joe Igbokwe by donjazet(m): 7:47pm On Jun 24, 2022
Wow
Re: 2023 Presidency: Why Peter Obi Is Overrated – Joe Igbokwe by Smithkafors(m): 7:48pm On Jun 24, 2022
Una Don come again... Lol. By the way, have you guys noticed how they generate news from no where..... Keep it coming, PO is on the right track. Youths, unemployed citizens of Nigeria and students make una shine una eyes o...... These guys have been paid heavily to make sure we don't move ahead. How is this news related to PO?.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Why Peter Obi Is Overrated – Joe Igbokwe by Kingspin(m): 7:52pm On Jun 24, 2022
YorubaIsGreat:
As Nigerians eagerly anticipate the 2023 presidency, a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Lagos chapter, Joe Igbokwe, on Friday described the Labour Party (LP) presidential candidate, Peter Obi, as “overrated “.
POLITICS NIGERIA reports that Igbokwe, a top campaigner of Bola Tinubu, presidential candidate of the ruling APC, berated Obi for a past comment condemning President Muhammadu Buhari’s system of stimulating the economy via erecting and renovating critical infrastructure.
“You can’t use infrastructure to drive economic growth,” Obi said at the time during an interview on Arise TV. “You invest in education and the SME (Small, Medium Enterprises) sector instead to deal with poverty,” he adds.
Making a flashback to the statement, Igbokwe reprimanded the former Anambra State governor, concluding that he is “just a trader”.
“Somebody who wants to be the President of Nigeria is telling you that infrastructure does not drive the economy in the 21st Century and you are taking that person serious. Peter [Obi] is overrated in Nigeria. He is just a trader,” he wrote on his known Facebook page.
https://politicsnigeria.com/2023-presidency-why-peter-obi-is-overrated-joe-igbokwe/
mynd44
lalasticlala
Tell us who is not overrated?
Joe Igbokwe and layman thinking.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Why Peter Obi Is Overrated – Joe Igbokwe by dplordx(m): 7:53pm On Jun 24, 2022
Ok
Re: 2023 Presidency: Why Peter Obi Is Overrated – Joe Igbokwe by walefresh3(m): 7:56pm On Jun 24, 2022
Fertile State

A Youth: Sir, why're you supporting Tinubu? They said he has Lagos in his pockets. Peter Obi is the new Messiah...

Me: (smile, cut in) You were talking about your NYSC mobilisation earlier.

A Youth: Yes, sir, I'm expecting my call up letter, sir.

Me: Great! Let's talk about that, let's leave Tinubu and Obi to their fate.

A Youth: Yes, sir ...

Me: So, what did you say you want me to do?

A Youth: ... to help talk to your contact at NYSC to mobilize me to a fertile state.

Me: You're right on time, boy! I know just the person who can help us to process your mobilisation to Anambra Sta...

A Youth: Ah! Anambra? Ìlú àwon Íbò where dem dey stay at home every Monday? Is Anambra fertile for corpers?

Me: No doubt, boy! Peter Obi was a governor in Anambra and he has made the state 'fertile' for corpers�

A Youth: Emm..., Uncle, I... I'm not sure corpers can survive at Anambra o...

Me: Stop the joke joor! The same Anambra that new Messiah Obi governed is not fertile for corpers? You don't appear serious...

A Youth: Why not Lagos, sir?

Me: (feign shock) No 'sane' corper will want to get mobilised to Lagos that Tinubu has tucked into his pockets ���

A Youth: (dumbfounded)

Me: (walks away) Let me know when you've made up your mind about going to Anambra�

A Youth: God forbid!

(I looked back just in time to see the youth hitting his thumb and forefinger together over his head - ó tà'ka òsì dànù���).

Copyright:

120 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Why Peter Obi Is Overrated – Joe Igbokwe by Laggafin: 8:01pm On Jun 24, 2022
Dis gutter mouth SA don open mouth again

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Why Peter Obi Is Overrated – Joe Igbokwe by Penguin2: 8:03pm On Jun 24, 2022
You will soon see this trash on Nairaland front page.

I’m sure Nairaland owners have received alert from Tinubu and it’s time to push only trashy things about Obi to front page.

Imagine pushing the ‘endorsement’ of APGA candidate by ‘Igbo Elders’ to front page to give impression of Igbos supporting Umeadi over Obi.

Chai!

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Why Peter Obi Is Overrated – Joe Igbokwe by mach7(m): 8:05pm On Jun 24, 2022
As usual, instead of the people above me to understand the message, they choose to attack the messenger.

A Presidential candidate that downplays the stimulating impact of infrastructural development on economic growth is not fit to contest for office.

This simply shows a lack of understanding of the fundamentals of socio-economic development. Well as a graduate of Philosophy, not much is expected of him in this area.

If you like accept or reject that he is "overrated"....na you sabi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Why Peter Obi Is Overrated – Joe Igbokwe by agadez007(m): 8:11pm On Jun 24, 2022
Ok now
So in other words let’s vote for “underated” ancient of days who wants to recruit 50million youths into the Army and feed them cassava in the morning and then corn and agbado for dinner?

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Why Peter Obi Is Overrated – Joe Igbokwe by Vaughanlanrewaj: 8:12pm On Jun 24, 2022
“You can’t use infrastructure to drive economic growth,” Obi said at the time during an interview on Arise TV.

“You invest in education and the SME (Small, Medium Enterprises) sector instead to deal with poverty,” he adds.
cool

Chief Igbokwe is right if it is actually true that HE PO actually displayed such level of ignorance on a national TV.

The two ways to develop economy is by infrastructural development and Human resource development. Both must be going on simultaneously.

A small business needs electricity and skill. Infrastructure development supplies the electricity which HR ddvelopment supplies the skill.

Little reason why PO invested in beer industry as a governor in the same company owned by his family.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Why Peter Obi Is Overrated – Joe Igbokwe by Softmirror: 8:14pm On Jun 24, 2022
alsudan:
This man cleans gutters and licks Tinubu’s leaky Ass to survive. So Sad!

THAT WAS HOW THEY PUSHED THIS GUY AND HE STARTED SEEING HIMSELF LARGER THAN LIFE. ONLY FOR REALITY TO DAWN ON HIM angry
Re: 2023 Presidency: Why Peter Obi Is Overrated – Joe Igbokwe by Mindlog: 8:15pm On Jun 24, 2022
And Buhari who is not “just a trader”, where has he led Nigeria to?
Re: 2023 Presidency: Why Peter Obi Is Overrated – Joe Igbokwe by wingmanIII: 8:15pm On Jun 24, 2022
The animal should make the statement in his " hometown". I want to check something
Re: 2023 Presidency: Why Peter Obi Is Overrated – Joe Igbokwe by Britishpea: 8:15pm On Jun 24, 2022
Pitiable that people don’t know that he’s overrated. He’s a self eulogized personality.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Why Peter Obi Is Overrated – Joe Igbokwe by Mindlog: 8:20pm On Jun 24, 2022
mach7:
As usual, instead of the people above me to understand the message, they choose to attack the messenger.

A Presidential candidate that downplays the stimulating impact of infrastructural development on economic growth is not fit to contest for office.

This simply shows a lack of understanding of the fundamentals of socio-economic development. Well as a graduate of Philosophy, not much is expected of him in this area.

If you like accept or reject that he is "overrated"....na you sabi

Where has APC's Presidency and its understanding of fundamentals of socio-economic development placed Nigeria and the Nigerian on the street, today?

Why is the stimulating impact of infrastructural development not being felt around the masses?
Re: 2023 Presidency: Why Peter Obi Is Overrated – Joe Igbokwe by Righthussle: 8:36pm On Jun 24, 2022
Stupid Judas
Re: 2023 Presidency: Why Peter Obi Is Overrated – Joe Igbokwe by sukar886: 9:07pm On Jun 24, 2022
Mumu man
Re: 2023 Presidency: Why Peter Obi Is Overrated – Joe Igbokwe by mach7(m): 9:17pm On Jun 24, 2022
Mindlog:

Where has APC's Presidency and its understanding of fundamentals of socio-economic development placed Nigeria and the Nigerian on the street, today?

Why is the stimulating impact of infrastructural development not being felt around the masses?
APC's underperformance in certain areas, doesn't justify the ineptitude expressed by your candidate in basic economics. He should maintain his Supermarket business, at least he is good in that.

As to the second point raised, those whose lives have been transformed by the introduction of the Lagos-Ibadan scheduled Train Service can understand my post. Not shortsighted people like you. Sorry!
Re: 2023 Presidency: Why Peter Obi Is Overrated – Joe Igbokwe by Pakute: 9:21pm On Jun 24, 2022
"You can't use infrastructures to drive economic growth" - Obi. This fraud won't cease to amaze me with his baseless unintelligent sound bites.
Little wonder the fraud would rather save up and tied up capital than deploy it towards infrastructures thereby increasing the poverty rate of Anambra state from 20% to 68%.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Mammoth Crown @ Lp Rally In Abakaliki (Peter Obi) / Rivers State Presidential Opinion Poll / We Don't Have Time, Wrap It Up - Passersby Urged A Suicidal Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.