Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,314 members, 7,811,935 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! (12780 Views)

Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) / N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide / Why Do Doctors Start Federal Job On Level 12? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! by uniquetechng: 12:53pm On Jul 21, 2022
Remain with your current job in mainland.
Re: 100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! by amdoyin82(m): 12:53pm On Jul 21, 2022
Bro,Career growth is essential. Please go for the island Job, you will get used to the traffic situation in no time.
Re: 100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! by OlumSOJ: 12:55pm On Jul 21, 2022
If you can manage the stress, please take the Island job. You can even get better paying Jobs there later. I wish you good luck.
Re: 100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! by tpbehappy(m): 12:55pm On Jul 21, 2022
Please take the job on the island and develop yourself along line.
Re: 100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! by artworks1: 12:56pm On Jul 21, 2022
When fuel increases to 500 per litre, maybe by the na 3000 go remain out of your salary.
Re: 100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! by Ade1759: 1:03pm On Jul 21, 2022
30k extra for stress of your life....with promotion that is not guaranteed.

Nothing is guaranteed in this life.

Best Advice.

Stick with your 100k.
Try squeeze some courses to bolster your CV.

Keep keeping your eye out for other opportunities.

Don't suffer fools.

Nothing in this life is guaranteed.

Time and chance comes to us all.

I have spoken.

1 Like

Re: 100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! by Tribalism123(m): 1:03pm On Jul 21, 2022
I think u should consider the people u will meet on the growth of ur career....

U meet more people on the island that will grow ur career.
Is also possible that u can save up and get a room self contain in the island in a distance time.

Only the stress of Island...
Motivation is very important and the Island work will motivate u.

So make ur choice.
Re: 100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! by gaby(m): 1:05pm On Jul 21, 2022
Profmetoo:
Good morning guys

So I currently work with one of the top commercial banks and I was posted to one of their branches on the mainland very close to my place of residence. So I incur close to zero cost of transportation, no traffic issue, no stress. And the salary is 100k, no promotion in sight, career growth is uncertain and the role isn't really great for my CV. I'm a teller.

Last week I did an interview via zoom because of the nature of my work and I got another job, but on the island. It's a private equity firm and the pay is 150k. The cost of transportation for the month is about 20k. There's great career growth and opportunities for self development. However, I fear the stress of going to the island and back daily. Waking up as early as 4am sometimes and coming back home late.

Please advise me on which to choose. I have till Monday to decide.

Those working on the island and staying on the mainland, how do you cope?

Thank you.

Mods
Lalasticlala

Challenge yourself and get off from your comfort zone.

Nothing good comes easy...
Re: 100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! by Charlie2020(f): 1:26pm On Jul 21, 2022
Non of the above
Re: 100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! by kalvoken(m): 1:29pm On Jul 21, 2022
Most of you saying career growth this and that, have you considered the health of the OP? How long is he going to keep waking by 4am and return home as early as 12 am?

Is the gross 50k worth the mental and physical stress? If you have no where to stay at the island, please take up the 100k mainland job and keep searching for a better one.

I can recall neighbour's HOUSE WIFE locking him out on daily basis when he returns by 1 am from his island job. Same man as you all know leaves home by 4 am. He's the one that opens and locks the gate daily.

2 Likes

Re: 100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! by Voiceofthestree: 1:30pm On Jul 21, 2022
Kollins11:
Abeg o! where una dey see all this job??

Nah wetin I just want ask be that ooooo I have been jobless for 2 good years now
Re: 100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! by kalvoken(m): 1:32pm On Jul 21, 2022
amdoyin82:
Bro,Career growth is essential. Please go for the island Job, you will get used to the traffic situation in no time.

Omo! More like APC advice us to keep up with buhari, that we would get used to the hardship. Today, even buhari has confessed to have been tired and want to go rest.

If he has no one to Harbour him during the working days, he's better of with the mainland Job.
Re: 100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! by Devil1Messenger: 1:41pm On Jul 21, 2022
Profmetoo:
Good morning guys

So I currently work with one of the top commercial banks and I was posted to one of their branches on the mainland very close to my place of residence. So I incur close to zero cost of transportation, no traffic issue, no stress. And the salary is 100k, no promotion in sight, career growth is uncertain and the role isn't really great for my CV. I'm a teller.

Last week I did an interview via zoom because of the nature of my work and I got another job, but on the island. It's a private equity firm and the pay is 150k. The cost of transportation for the month is about 20k. There's great career growth and opportunities for self development. However, I fear the stress of going to the island and back daily. Waking up as early as 4am sometimes and coming back home late.

Thank you.

Mods
Lalasticlala
Since u are very sure of career growth kindly take the island job.
Let me use myself as an example
I worked in manufacturing company and i was paid 80k den. I spent 2years plus there with no promotion and nothing in sight. Just one position, come to work and do same thing over and over again. Some persons have spent 5 to 10years there without promotion.
So along the line I got another offer, but a graduate trainee role where I will be paid 40k per month for the next 8months before converting to a full time staff which is even based on performance. It was a tough decision but I felt I could grow better there so I accepted the 40k job
In just 18months there now and the rest is history.
Please go for the island job that u are very sure of career growth

1 Like

Re: 100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! by OgaDeyVex: 1:43pm On Jul 21, 2022
Peanut Money
Re: 100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! by incandescentena: 1:54pm On Jul 21, 2022
SmartPolician:

Insecure
Okay

I am turning off Auto-completion

1 Like

Re: 100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! by na2016: 1:56pm On Jul 21, 2022
Dramadiddy:
If you live around surulere, gbagada and yaba, you can take up the island job. If not forget it, and don’t think about moving to the island for a 150k a month job either, the traffic situation is gonna give you hell literally

OP, take this advice. If you live in Ikeja, forget the Island job oo
Re: 100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! by missymide: 1:59pm On Jul 21, 2022
Sometimes it isnt about the pay but the other things attached to it. Stability of the job, promotion, personal development that can come from it, the peace you get, the stress involved and some other things

1 Like

Re: 100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! by Johnjanrt: 2:09pm On Jul 21, 2022
Kollins11:
Help us ask o.
Re: 100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! by searchMaster(m): 2:26pm On Jul 21, 2022
Profmetoo:
Good morning guys

Thank you.

Mods
Lalasticlala

I used to be a bank teller as well in a semi-urban community (meaning cost of living was low). But as soon as I got another job with almost the same salary in a big city, I left the bank.
Why?
Because it's hard for you to have time to pursue a job and attend interviews while working as a teller. Imagine submitting your phone to your supervisor from 7:30AM till around 5:00PM. Even though the salary is almost the same and your expenses (+stress) will be higher, I suggest you leave the bank now.
Also, if you choose to remain in the bank, you never can tell when you can get another job and even when it comes, what if it's still in the island? Are you still going to leave it?
Re: 100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! by MostIncredibleDFirst: 2:26pm On Jul 21, 2022
Everywhere in Lagos is a slum and expensive.

Lagos is always overrated.
Re: 100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! by kolexy(m): 2:42pm On Jul 21, 2022
Profmetoo:
Good morning guys

Thank you.

Mods
Lalasticlala

You got a PE job and you considering a job as teller? Are you messing with people here?

1 Like

Re: 100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! by harmargedon: 2:51pm On Jul 21, 2022
Profmetoo:
Good morning guys

Thank you.

Mods
Lalasticlala
e be like say you no know say dem don increase fuel money Abi.
Re: 100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! by ManAustin(m): 2:52pm On Jul 21, 2022
Where una dey see this jobs?
Re: 100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! by eyeforeye(m): 3:04pm On Jul 21, 2022
Kollins11:

Please, do more for yourself and stay off social media or Nairaland for a while... I can bet it jobs dey if you wouldn't be too selective.
Re: 100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! by Alhajiemeritus: 3:06pm On Jul 21, 2022
Profmetoo:
Good morning guys

Thank you.

Mods
Lalasticlala
Mainland to Island is hard. I am looking for a way out.
Re: 100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! by Pirow: 3:14pm On Jul 21, 2022
Career development is key for any young employee, I believe the job in the Island will offer more opportunities than the Bank especially if you are a contract staff which I think because of the salary, but if you are a permanent staff in the bank, all you need to do is to do professional exams and courses relating to your field for a better tomorrow in your present bank or other Banks.
Re: 100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! by Jokkarm2: 3:17pm On Jul 21, 2022
If you don't plan to relocate to island, please stay where you are. the transport and stress is much in Lagos generally, if you fall sick, the hospitals in island can take that your salary in minutes.the best is get accommodation here if you will need to work in island
Re: 100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! by ashewoboy(m): 3:20pm On Jul 21, 2022
Devil1Messenger:

Since u are very sure of career growth kindly take the island job.
Let me use myself as an example
I worked in manufacturing company and i was paid 80k den. I spent 2years plus there with no promotion and nothing in sight. Just one position, come to work and do same thing over and over again. Some persons have spent 5 to 10years there without promotion.
So along the line I got another offer, but a graduate trainee role where I will be paid 40k per month for the next 8months before converting to a full time staff which is even based on performance. It was a tough decision but I felt I could grow better there so I accepted the 40k job
In just 18months there now and the rest is history.
Please go for the island job that u are very sure of career growth

How much are you receiving now?
Re: 100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! by Countersam(m): 3:22pm On Jul 21, 2022
Profmetoo:
Good morning guys

Thank you.

Mods
Lalasticlala
My brother mainland sure pass....
Island na just buga!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager / Risk Management Forum / Tutorials On Solving Dragnet,shl,kenexa(hang Out For Better Jobs)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.