Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Boko Haram: Rival Group Drops Threat Leaflets In 10 Northern States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Rival Group Drops Threat Leaflets In 10 Northern States (6879 Views)

IGR: 5 Reasons Why Northern States Perform Poorly / Photo:NAF Jets Dropped Leaflets Advise Citizens To Reject Bokoharam / Ignore Boko-Haram Leaflets & Posters, JTF Urges Maiduguri Public (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: Rival Group Drops Threat Leaflets In 10 Northern States by koruji(m): 3:03am On Jul 24, 2011
This sht is about to hit the fan. The main problem remains an impotent government .

Quote: "However, security personnel, now trying to unravel those behind the new ‘’terror group’’, believe that the peace in the north was being threatened the more, because of the suspicion occasioned by the several clashes in various parts of the north in the last 10 years in which the perpetrators were not punished due to alleged lack of political will by the authorities to implement any of the reports of the investigative panels instituted to look into the crises."

Probe panel after probe panel like a broken record. We already have another useless election violence panel preparing another nonsensical report. If the FG thinks it can wish this problem away it is fooling itself - this is a national existential question that must be confronted with serious and visionary action. Enough said!!!

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/boko-haram-rival-group-drops-threat-leaflets-in-10-northern-states/
* Action heightens security concerns

BY EMEKA MAMAH

The emergence of a new group, believed to be out to checkmate Boko Haram, is giving security agencies in the north goose pimples.

Security sources said that the new group, Akhwat Akwop, claimed that its target for violence would be women whose husbands were reportedly behind the violent activities of Boko Haram in the last three months.

However, security personnel, now trying to unravel those behind the new ‘’terror group’’, believe that the peace in the north was being threatened the more, because of the suspicion occasioned by the several clashes in various parts of the north in the last 10 years in which the perpetrators were not punished due to alleged lack of political will by the authorities to implement any of the reports of the investigative panels instituted to look into the crises.

‘’We are worried that the security situation in the north is degenerating and it may get to serious ethno-religious wars that will spread across the states in the area”, one of the sources said.

‘’The emergence of this new group gives us serious cause for concern because the situation in Somalia and other troubled parts of the world began with small issues which later degenerated’.’

It was learnt that the group dropped leaflets in at least 10 states of the north, viz: Benue, Taraba, Yobe, Borno, Bauchi, Adamawa, Plateau, Kogi, Nasarawa and Kaduna states, warning that it would liberate northern minorities from the strangle-hold of the Hausa/ Fulani who had been lording it over them, and causing havoc in the north, nay Nigeria in the name of Islam.

In Kaduna State, large quantities of the leaflets were left at the state chapter of the Nigerian Union of Journalists, NUJ, Press Centre weekend by unknown persons.

The leaflets entitled, ‘’Warning to Boko Haram’’, claimed that Akhwat Akwop stood for the Christian equivalent of Boko Haram, adding that it would be at the fore front of the struggle for the emancipation of northern minorities who are Christians or Muslims.

The leaflets read in part, ‘’Greetings in the name of our Lord and most gracious saviour and shield, Jesus Christ.
‘’Recent happenings in the body polity of our dear nation, Nigeria, compel us once again to reiterate our view and commitment.

‘’Akhwat Akwop will ever be at the forefront of the struggle for the emancipation of northern minorities (Christians and Muslims) from continued oppression and inhuman savageries”.

Apparently blaming the current activities of Boko Haram on those not happy with the victory of President Goodluck Jonathan and Governor Patrick Ibrahim Yakowa of Kaduna State, both minority Christians, Akhwat Akwop posed seven questions.

The questions include, whether it was a crime for either Jonathan or Yakowa to become president and governor respectively or whether it was a crime for the Sawaya people of Tafawa Balewa in Bauchi State to be landlords in their ancestral lands?

The group asked why the ‘’innocent people of Plateau State have been made to pay so much in tears and blood’’ and ‘’why the innocent farmers in Benue, Taraba, Kogi states have been continually attacked and killed by alleged terrorists as well as why Christians in Bauchi, Yobe, Borno states were being killed or whether or not it was a crime for northern minorities to say that enough was enough of Hausa/Fulani oppression?’’

According to the Akhwat Akwop, ‘’majority of Nigerians know that it is the Hausa Fulani and their misguided allies who always plan and execute mayhem.

‘The group declared:’’We prefer peace but ever ready for war. Boko Haram is hereby warned that if it carries out any further attacks on Christians anywhere in the north, our commandos will unleash deliberate attacks on selected targets in cities with majority Muslim population in the far north.

‘’Your people (Boko Haram) will see and experience what you have been doing to others first hand. Akwhat Akwop has never targeted women and children and we do not intend to ever do so. However, if the fatwa placed on our daughters Nyeri Debby Yakowa by Boko Haram is not immediately lifted and indeed if anything happens to her or any Christian lady anywhere in the north, we shall unleash a storm of wastage on female Hausa/ Fulani anywhere we get them”.

‘’Boko Haram must not involve itself in the internal politics of Kaduna State. Kaduna State and the Middle Belt are a no-go area for Boko Haram. Go back to the desert where you come from.

‘’Hausa/ Fulani Muslim men who wear jeans and T-shirts, sneak into our areas to drink alcohol, cavort with and deceive some of our gullible and irresponsible women should know that their days are numbered.

‘’Our commandos have instructions to take you out. You are strongly advised to stay in your Sharia”.

Re: Boko Haram: Rival Group Drops Threat Leaflets In 10 Northern States by bashr4: 3:17am On Jul 24, 2011
we need alj harem and nduchucks here.
Re: Boko Haram: Rival Group Drops Threat Leaflets In 10 Northern States by jmaine: 3:21am On Jul 24, 2011
Though a serious situation . . the latter part of the letter had me reeling with laughter . . . some really deep shyte we have here . . . . Seen a similar thread on this topic before on this land
Re: Boko Haram: Rival Group Drops Threat Leaflets In 10 Northern States by bashr4: 3:28am On Jul 24, 2011
it seem the country is drawing clear boundries again we now have the north, middle belt, southwest ,south east and soutsouth, 5 regions.

now with ACN involving edo and delta state in their south west agenda its clear we now have 4 regions, SW,SE,MD,North.
Re: Boko Haram: Rival Group Drops Threat Leaflets In 10 Northern States by Nobody: 3:40am On Jul 24, 2011
bashr4:

we need alj harem and nduchucks here.

What's their own with this? Dont be foolish. Nobody calls your names whenever SE is having its own vendetta.

Personally, I believe nduchucks is more harmless than una Igbos on this forum cheesy
Re: Boko Haram: Rival Group Drops Threat Leaflets In 10 Northern States by Nobody: 3:42am On Jul 24, 2011
This will be massacre!!!!!,

Muslims will come and defend boko haram,

I won't defend any,  but the truth is ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!

The government doesn't do shiiit whenever this wars go on and they go on for years!!

This is the end of all the caliphate empires if something is not done quick!!
Re: Boko Haram: Rival Group Drops Threat Leaflets In 10 Northern States by Obiagu1(m): 4:03am On Jul 24, 2011
It seems like Northern Christians are waking up now. It's not only Igbos that are Christians. Most riots that had happened in the North had consumed more Northern Christians than Igbos yet that keep talking about One North.
Re: Boko Haram: Rival Group Drops Threat Leaflets In 10 Northern States by hakunajay(m): 4:33am On Jul 24, 2011
Another terror group?! Lord have mercy! If they are strong, they might checkmate the nefarious activities of Boko haram. Nigeria is slowly turning to hell!
Re: Boko Haram: Rival Group Drops Threat Leaflets In 10 Northern States by Pharoh: 6:29am On Jul 24, 2011
The country is becoming too hot as the days go by.
Re: Boko Haram: Rival Group Drops Threat Leaflets In 10 Northern States by adamabdul: 6:41am On Jul 24, 2011
Actions speaks louder than wordS:Abu Zaid BK spokesman when they attacked the police headquarter in ABJ
Re: Boko Haram: Rival Group Drops Threat Leaflets In 10 Northern States by saintneo(m): 7:02am On Jul 24, 2011
Egwu dikwa? I read this first on vanguard this morning, rushed over to do the amebo but glad to know someone else was faster than I was.

From these information, I think the best thing for the middle class in the core-north that prefer peace over violence is to spread the true words of Islam. Last week, I was with a Gambian, we were discussing generally on the Christian/Muslim divide in West Africa; he told me that in Gambia that they are peacefully co-existing together, which of course debunked as PR. My reason for debunking his claim was the earlier serenity experienced in Jos, Plateau State - very peaceful and accommodating. And all of a sudden a kaaboom, Muslims versus Christians crisis erupted.

I still believe that we can all co-exist together. My experience while doing my NYSC at Sokoto, I met good people and evil people; however, both Christians and Muslims belonged to both categories. We need to find a solution ASAP.
Re: Boko Haram: Rival Group Drops Threat Leaflets In 10 Northern States by jason123: 7:17am On Jul 24, 2011
[size=14pt]Beginning of the END of Nigeria!!![/size]
Re: Boko Haram: Rival Group Drops Threat Leaflets In 10 Northern States by RichDad1(m): 7:18am On Jul 24, 2011
The Earlier the better
Re: Boko Haram: Rival Group Drops Threat Leaflets In 10 Northern States by Nobody: 7:29am On Jul 24, 2011
May God help us all. Akhwat or BH, what s goverment doing, who have they arestd based on inteligence gatherng? Crises in the north or middle belt will never help the south. If Nigeria wants to break, oh God, let it break like Chek and Slovak, peacefuly!
Re: Boko Haram: Rival Group Drops Threat Leaflets In 10 Northern States by texazzpete(m): 8:29am On Jul 24, 2011
Really stu'pid people. Now the shit is really gonna hit the fan for this.
Re: Boko Haram: Rival Group Drops Threat Leaflets In 10 Northern States by Mbeki: 6:01pm On Jul 24, 2011
We are watching, and always ready to hit the reply button in nairaland, when the new group strikes
Re: Boko Haram: Rival Group Drops Threat Leaflets In 10 Northern States by akanbiaa(m): 6:11pm On Jul 24, 2011
Well i think the prediction by the US that there shall be no entity called Nigeria by 2012 is becoming feasible but my question is "WHO ARE THE CATALYST THAT ARE ENGINEERING THESE CRISIS;WHO SELLS WEAPONS;WHO BENEFITS THE MOST IN PEACE MISSION AND WHAT ROLES ARE GENERALS LIKE BABGINDA AND GOWON PLAYING TO BRING PEACE TO THEIR REGION AND FINALLY SHOULD THERE BE A STATE OF EMERGENCY IN THE NORTH OR NIGERIA WHO BENEFITS THE MOST AND SHOULD THERE BE A COUP WHAT NEXT?"
Re: Boko Haram: Rival Group Drops Threat Leaflets In 10 Northern States by nsimajones(m): 6:21pm On Jul 24, 2011
well am not realy surprised at what is happening in the north,am only worried abt the innocent souls that these devils will die with,its so certain and clear that nigeria must seperate for good,we cannot continue to share the same country with these canibals,ENOUGH IS ENOUGH,WE NEED A PEACEFUL BREAKOUT
Re: Boko Haram: Rival Group Drops Threat Leaflets In 10 Northern States by 222Martins(m): 6:23pm On Jul 24, 2011
I am not a religious fanatic but i'll very much love the perpetrators of evil to be paid in their own coin. I can't wait for the battle to begin.
Re: Boko Haram: Rival Group Drops Threat Leaflets In 10 Northern States by executinal(m): 6:24pm On Jul 24, 2011
koruji:

This sht is about to hit the fan. The main problem remains an impotent government .

Quote: "However,  security personnel, now trying to unravel those behind the new ‘’terror group’’, believe that the peace in the north was being threatened the more, because of the suspicion occasioned by the several clashes  in various parts of the north in the last 10 years in which the perpetrators were not punished due to alleged  lack of political will by the authorities to implement any of the reports of the investigative panels instituted to look into the crises."

Probe panel after probe panel like a broken record. We already have another useless election violence panel preparing another nonsensical report. If the FG thinks it can wish this problem away it is fooling itself - this is a national existential question that must be confronted with serious and visionary action. Enough said!!!

If this happens then the country called Nigeria will be a thing of the past. I hope MASSOB and OPC is aswell warming up, MEND is always ready no need to alert them  wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Boko Haram: Rival Group Drops Threat Leaflets In 10 Northern States by owo2390(m): 6:26pm On Jul 24, 2011
Don't forget that in battles like this the innocent are the ones who suffer the most.

The violence need to stop in Nigeria. We can't improve our condition if people are afraid to leave their house
Re: Boko Haram: Rival Group Drops Threat Leaflets In 10 Northern States by Phate07(m): 6:34pm On Jul 24, 2011
I weep for my country.
Re: Boko Haram: Rival Group Drops Threat Leaflets In 10 Northern States by Thatdave(m): 6:40pm On Jul 24, 2011
nice development.
an eye 4 an eye
a bomb for a bomb!
Re: Boko Haram: Rival Group Drops Threat Leaflets In 10 Northern States by gabuzee(m): 6:41pm On Jul 24, 2011
OPC Abeg wake Up o o o o o, make we start our own too. I think naija is gonna split.
Re: Boko Haram: Rival Group Drops Threat Leaflets In 10 Northern States by gabuzee(m): 6:44pm On Jul 24, 2011
Phate07:

I weep for my country.
SORRY TO SAY THIS O O O, BUT YOU GET PLENTY WATER FOR EYES.
Re: Boko Haram: Rival Group Drops Threat Leaflets In 10 Northern States by Oscillation(m): 6:45pm On Jul 24, 2011
@ bashir
for them to do what specifically as am amazed with your plea undecided
Re: Boko Haram: Rival Group Drops Threat Leaflets In 10 Northern States by Greenpro: 6:47pm On Jul 24, 2011
God help us.

Re: Boko Haram: Rival Group Drops Threat Leaflets In 10 Northern States by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:49pm On Jul 24, 2011
I cannot believe after 50 years Nigerians are still wrapped in the deception created by our founding fathers and sustained by the crooked leadership we all take sides with.

Religious/Ethnic Crisis is necessary for Political Control in Africa. we are all looking at Boko Haram and this new group, David Mark and his crew and smiling to the bank as we engage our minds in a problem our own government is not ready to even touch with a 10ft pole.
Re: Boko Haram: Rival Group Drops Threat Leaflets In 10 Northern States by paraphase(m): 6:55pm On Jul 24, 2011
x
Re: Boko Haram: Rival Group Drops Threat Leaflets In 10 Northern States by manny4life(m): 6:58pm On Jul 24, 2011
Oh wow, this is new development shocked shocked shocked shocked

paraphase:

All of you Shouting END OF NIGERIA. You think UN is ready give you Biafra or Sharia or Odua any sovereignty?Go think about it. You will just be isolated from the rest of the world  for the rest of your lives. You better build Nigeria now or you sleep and wake in everlasting sufffering

They won't but the time they don't get oil and the big companies begin to lobby their various, I'm sure they will see views.
Re: Boko Haram: Rival Group Drops Threat Leaflets In 10 Northern States by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 24, 2011
Hmmmmm. What the heck is going on with this once peaceful nation? I did my NYSC in the north and moved around without fear of castigation or attack but presently I can't even think of stepping into the Middle-belt zones, and my corps days was just like 4years ago. So it can take approximately 4 years for Nigeria to become a cesspool of violence and insecurity.

Well, such is the result of a select few who hold the lives of 150million people to ransom. At this rate I doubt if these greedy bottomless Pots can envisage that in the next 4 years there wouldn't be any entity called Nigeria to govern, talkless of loot. Whatever remains of her resources would be in the hands of warlords and militants.

Look towards the horn of Africa and weep, for that is what we will shortly become.
Re: Boko Haram: Rival Group Drops Threat Leaflets In 10 Northern States by kasiem(m): 7:12pm On Jul 24, 2011
The best u can give to ur child now is a gun. My dad went to biafran war at the age of 17, and i'd not love to die without surpassing his record, since naija don turn to libya. Pls, how much is Ak47 in the market now? And where can i buy bomb? The fear of death is the beginning of cowardice.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How FG Funnelled N155B To Phony Companies - Premium Times Report / Why Kogi, Gombe Ministers Have Not Been Inaugurated / The Man Called Tinubu The JAGABAN Of Southwest Before 1999, Tinubu Had Nothing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.