Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,097 members, 7,811,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy (52539 Views)

2023: Is This JJ Omojuwa Tweet About Tinubu Accurate? / Bashir El-Rufai Tweets About Tinubu And El-Rufai's Alliance / PMB Certificate Controversy: Shocking WAEC HQ Letter Shared By Reno Goes Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by Molutex(m): 8:38pm On Jun 26, 2022
seunmsg:

For some folks, when traveling opportunities come, they grab it and abandon whatever program or business they are doing. I still remember some of my secondary school and university friends who abandon their program and travelled out when they had the chance. It is no big deal.

What is important is that he completed his university education and the two schools he attended have both publicly confirmed that he indeed attended and graduated from the schools.
ok he abandoned secondary school. What of Primary school?
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by IbileIfe: 8:38pm On Jun 26, 2022
Kennitrust:
They and spent millions of dollar just to be on the ballot box. They spent millions because they know their record are not clean.

But the one who have a clean record, REFUSED TO GIVE SHISHI... Now those who stood up for the truth and uprightness are sacrificing their shishi to take back our country from Looters.

Now, I know why they said a good name is better than riches!

#getyourpvc
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by Stevo35: 8:38pm On Jun 26, 2022
If you want to hear your full life story from the day you were born' join politics and contest for a higher position that's when you Will know that Nigerians knows you more than you know thyself.

2 Likes

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by insightful01(m): 8:39pm On Jun 26, 2022
Fibonacci88:

Ogbeni shut up. Working for mobil doesn't transit to being educated. How hard is it for ur drug Lord to present his secondary school results. Oh I know why.. his true age and identity would be up for scrutiny.

Stop reasoning with your anus man, there's no how you could perform well as a graduate employee t, talking about work serene then. Unlike now, there are technology all over, where a basic pupil can do a graduate job through computer.

Except you don't pass through school. You will think a secondary sch drop out will be qualify for a graduate job.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by dragunov: 8:40pm On Jun 26, 2022
seunmsg:

Tinubu’s presidency will usher in a period of economic boom and shared prosperity. All of us go cash out las las.

Yinmu! No be dat you talk when Buhari was still dazzling you. Ọmọ ote.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by nokatakata: 8:41pm On Jun 26, 2022
Alakra1:
For your mind you think is about tribes right guy is be you that cos I am a Yoruba man and will never give Tinubu my vote another 8 yrs of agony again God forbid

That's your business. Tinubu is not the cause of your agony. Peter obi won't cure your agony if you fold your hands and decide to be lazy wasting your time and life away on social media instead of looking for something productive to do. Millions of Nigerians made money legally under Obasanjo, Jonathan, Yar Adua and currently Buhari. While you are following paid agents to complain, insult and condemn everything, some people are using same Internet to make legal money. Besides I didn't ask for your tribe, don't get why you had to mention it.

2 Likes

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by Eddygourdo(m): 8:41pm On Jun 26, 2022
pquaver:

And there lies the problem.. He is not talking to people like you who don't want genuinely know, u already have ur mind made up, no matter what is presented u will not agree. And the Buhari you mentioned is a proof of that. How many times has Buhari provided his proof of certificate? Statement of result, waec etc.. No matter what Tinubu provides too you won't agree so your court doesn't matter. He will present to relevant authorities who matter and that is all that is needed..
that ten kobo paid to you monthly so you can feed yourself will soon finish. Then you will learn to face facts and speak the truth even though it hurts. Tinubu as a candidate has alot wrong with it. If you are a youth, think about your future and vote someone who will better the lives of others around you beyond the pittance your Ilk collect for social media banditry. As for the certificate, whether he presents it or not. He will never be the president of this country.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by Walkee: 8:42pm On Jun 26, 2022
ivandragon:

How has it been cleared with INEC?

That inec chooses to close its eyes to such irregularities doesn't make it right.

I for one believe BAT had some form of elementary schooling. But from his actions & inactions, it is obvious that there is something in that background that he is hiding... the questions arising from that is, what is he hiding & why is he hiding it?

No person of integrity or who has nothing to hide would allow such smelly allegations fester for more than 1 week, talk less of years.

if they've already cleared it with INEC but Peoplegazzette then decided to create controversy by fabricating fraudulent headline that drove jobless twitter loiterers insane would you know? If they haven't cleared why did INEC not say anything?

1 Like

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by Paulinus114: 8:42pm On Jun 26, 2022
Waw
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by ogbuefi677(m): 8:42pm On Jun 26, 2022
walefresh3:

Pls move to the next thread ... How u stood so low ... Campaigning for a known failure... someone that governed a state for good 8 years without tangible infrastructures... Today anambra look primitive and unproductive ...
Have you crossed Ore before?
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by worldman(m): 8:42pm On Jun 26, 2022
Advocate500:
stop posting this fake letter that doesn't have Chicago college letterhead,you guy's are complicating things for Tinubu by defending him with fake document.
olodo look well
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by highness25(m): 8:42pm On Jun 26, 2022
PresidObi:
This matter will not end soon, APC should act to replace this candidate before it becomes too late.
They won't replace him and nothing will happen.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by wandyvirus(m): 8:43pm On Jun 26, 2022
Freedom of Information act? You guys are so stupid that you can't put a rational thought together.
Let me try to help you:
1. He needs a GED to get into college. GED is NOT like GCE but both are similar in that it is NOT issued by any school but is an acceptable means of entrance Into a tertiary institution ESPECIALLY for Diploma or its equivalents.
2. He got into college, got a dip. Then used that to get into a university.
3. He graduated from a credible university and has since submitted evidence of that to INEC.
4. His degree is sufficient, over and above the requirements to run for the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
5. If you still need clarifications, go to Court.
6. It does not matter ANYMORE if he had secondary or primary education anywhere in the world.
7. If 6 above is giving you heart attack, then be ready 'cos that is your president for the next 8 years.
8. This is for all the extra ordinarily stupid comments repeating the same things like goats chewing the curd.
Abujason:

If the certificates existed in the first place before it was stolen (that was the original narrative) or burnt by the military ( as a number of you have decided to twist it now), is it not possible to request a replacement or get a certification from the school that Tinubu attended up to a certain level? Can he not reach out to Daley School to request whatever documents he submitted to gain admission? Is it also not possible to use the freedom of information act of the USA to obtain the needed records?

Some things are really not adding up here.

2 Likes

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by worldman(m): 8:43pm On Jun 26, 2022
If tinubu like he should bring nepa bill I will vote for him

2 Likes

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by joyandfaith: 8:43pm On Jun 26, 2022
seunmsg:

Except you truly believe FBI cannot spell Tinubu’s name correctly, then you don’t need to be very bright to know that the letter is fake.

You can write FBI to confirm if the letter originated from them. CTC of his certificates would resolve all controversies regarding his identity.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by abbey621(m): 8:44pm On Jun 26, 2022
buzikid49515:
Nonesense/hearsay

You mean GED na nonsense? Bush man grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by Oluwademilade: 8:44pm On Jun 26, 2022
Thinkam:
grin baba couldn't complete secondary and primary school due to poverty. But surprisingly could afford to travel overseas.

I thought basic education was free and encouraged in West due to Awolowo, how come Tinubu wasn't a beneficiary?

It was also speculated, Tinubu mother was a rich slave trader and business woman , how come she couldn't finance her child basic education?

Tinubu is definitely the Nigerian Version of Raymond Reddington...

This explanation is a BS

The document you just showed us of the university, confirming he attended the institution...

Why can't he also retrieve the remedial documents from Richard Dale, at least that's also abroad..

As it stands to me, this issue is still controversial...

Before you quote me unnecessarily, answer this!

If it was the requirement of a Job in your office, that I present my academic qualifications and I came with all this stories, wouldn't you press further?

OR would you accept my incomplete presentation?

You said "Tinubu's mother was a rich slave trader". I presume you're talking about the famous Madam Efunroye Tinubu.

I think you should take time to read more about slave trade era, it will guide you not to come on social media to say things you know little to nothing about. How can Tinubu's mum be a slave trader when slave trade ended over 200 years ago

2 Likes

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by IbileIfe: 8:45pm On Jun 26, 2022
Kennitrust:
They and spent millions of dollar just to be on the ballot box. They spent millions because they know their record are not clean.

But the one who have a clean record, REFUSED TO GIVE SHISHI... Now those who stood up for the truth and uprightness are sacrificing their shishi to take back our country from Looters.

Now, I know why they said a good name is better than riches!

#getyourpvc
Round-trip trading by banks is one of the worst forms financial crimes.

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by 2mNaira: 8:47pm On Jun 26, 2022
seunmsg:

Tender certificates that were burnt by the military when his house was attacked? Why are some of you so unreasonable? Where do you want him to get the burnt documents from?

Let him visit the schools he attended and let them issue him an attestation. Every educational institution has the power to issue an attestation. I got one for myself from the University I attended.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by IbileIfe: 8:47pm On Jun 26, 2022
wandyvirus:
Freedom of Information act? You guys are so stupid that you can't put a rational thought together.
Let me try to help you:
1. He needs a GED to get into college. GED is NOT like GCE but both are similar in that it is issued by any school but is an acceptable means of entrance Into a tertiary institution ESPECIALLY for Diploma or its equivalents.
2. He got into college, got a dip. Then used that to get into a university.
3. He graduated from a credible university and has since submitted evidence of that to INEC.
4. His degree is sufficient, over and above the requirements to run for the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
5. If you still need clarifications, go to Court.
6. It does not matter ANYMORE if he had secondary or primary education anywhere in the world.
7. If 6 above is giving you heart attack, then be ready 'cos that is your president for the next 8 years.
8. This is for all the extra ordinarily stupid comments repeating the same things like goats chewing the curd.
Don't mind the idiots.

3 Likes

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by Onyipk: 8:48pm On Jun 26, 2022
The problem is that every Tinubu's supporter/ watch dog / sychophant think every other person is stupid!
Is the issue at hand the case of where he studied his university degree in Accountancy or that he did not provide details of his nursery, primary and secondary education?

This is no longer about Lagos state but the big boys' event (presidency). He has to provide the needed details as the minimum requirement should be his secondary school . If you want to play with the big boys and your house is not in order na only you go run kitikata Katakiti.

Let us keep watching because no man is above the law!

#IamtotallyOBIDIENT
#Isaiah1:19
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by 4xplore: 8:48pm On Jun 26, 2022
So Afikuyomi sat down and picked a sec school in Ibadan for Tinubu in error, then also submitted it in error without asking his Principal. Or Tinubu also approved it in error? Lol

seunmsg:

Tinubu never claimed to have attended government college Ibadan. The claim was erroneously filled in his 1999 INEC form by Tokunbo Afikuyomi and it has since been corrected. The matter was investigated by Lagos house of assembly and he was cleared.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by PointZerom: 8:50pm On Jun 26, 2022
Console yourself more, at your age you're still hailing evil. Unknown gunmen stole his certificate and couldn't get a replacement or visit his school for record purposes.

seunmsg:
Tinubu certificate brouhaha ~ Woye :

You will recall that there was a petition dated Aug 12.1999 about the educational background and age of Asiwaju Tinubu written by Alhaji Jammed Seriki & Dr. Waliu Balogun - smith.

They accused him of lying about his age in his nominating form to INEC.

2: Gani Fawenhinmi went to court to seek for prosecution of Tinubu up to Supreme Court. Supreme Court ruled that Tinubu CANNOT be Prosecuted by the police for alleged certificate forgery. That only Lagos State House of Assembly can investigate him.

3: Then, June 4, 2013 one Dr. Dominic Adegbola asked Federal High Court Justice Saliu Saidu to re - open the suit filed by Gani Fawehinmi in 1999. The suit was to compel IG of Police to commence investigation into alleged forgery. The court dismissed the case . The court said that the applicant went to sleep since 2007 when the “toga of immunity “ could no longer shield Tinubu and suddenly woke up when the matter is statute barred . So as at today , court has exonerated Tinubu of any forgery even after leaving office . So what is the issue now as a result of Supreme Court decision, Lagos State House of Assembly under Speaker Mamora (present Minister of State) opened the probe via a motion moved by Hon. Tajudeen Agoro & a 5 man ad - hoc committee was set up with Hon Omowoare as chairman .

4. The committee sent out letter of invitation to the 2 gentlemen that wrote the petition. Those guys REFUSED to substantiate their petition. The committee even went to the addresses those guys provided and they could not find them . However , Tinubu was invited to answer

5: Tinubu came with Femi Falana who wasn’t Anthony bus stop SAN then . Tinubu admitted to the needless errors being pointed out by the petitioners and that it was Senator Tokunbo Akifuyomi that did the documentation. Then he submitted a copy of SDP Senatorial candidate form dated June 1, 1992 in which he used to contest the 1992 Senatorial election and he won as a Senator representing Lagos West. That form he personally filled . Tinubu attached the certificate of Richard Daley College and Chicago State University.

6: Qualification was B.Sc Accounting. Now, INEC in 1999 committed an error in INEC form CF01 that bore a wrong date of 28th Dec 1999 instead of 28th December, 1998. Commissioner of Oath detected the error.

7: Tinubu could not complete his secondary school because of poverty. He decided to leave for USA to find food. He did a lot of menial jobs & suffered like every young man without a rich parents or uncle or RICH TWITTER boys and girls. After 5 years,he enrolled at Richard Daley college in Chicago. Note, Tinubu did not complete his education in secondary school, therefore the college offered him basic , remedial and academic classes like IJMB in local Nigeria. He passed his remedial courses and he was offered admission to Chicago State University. He obtained Bachelor of Science in Business & Administration and his major was in Accounting. He had no scholarship like me that I enjoyed in my undergraduate and post graduate too . He was in Chicago State University from August 1977 to June 1979 . He worked with Deloitte Haskins

8. Tinubu was an employee of Mobil oil of Nigeria between Dec 1,1983 when Buhari, Babaginda, Dasuki,David Mark were preparing to overthrow Shehu Shagari & he used to pass though Dodan Barracks not knowing that fate would link him with Buhari later. He was there till May 17, 1992

9: Senator Afinkuyomi appeared with Prof Itse Sagay SAN too that he was heading the unit of Gov ‘s campaign responsible for processing of form & because of the rush & tense circumstances in Alliance for Democracy as per Guber primaries caused the confusion.

10: Chief Gani Fawenhimi also appeared to give testimony. That the committee should determine if the law has been breached. Then Femi Falana appeared on behalf of Tinubu that no evidence has been led to show that Tinubu presented forged certificate to INEC. Chicago University

11: Chicago state University has confirmed that Tinubu was a student of their University and he secured admission through Richard Daley College . The committee later sought legal advice from Chief Fred Agbaje a honest lawyer, Olisa Agbakoba, Deacon Dele Adeshina NBA chair, ikeja, finally the committee finding on the allegation of forgery was that “WE HAVE NO EVIDENCE that any forged document was presented to INEC” the only certificate presented to INEC was a transcript of CHICAGO STATE UNIVERSITY.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:50pm On Jun 26, 2022
seunmsg:

I don’t understand the part in bold. Can you tell us exactly what he was able to retrieve? Which statement of result are you talking about?

You and Tinubu should tell us what qualifications El Chapo used to get university admission. If it is a remedial equivalent, you need a wassc equivalent to get it. When you finish from Remedial, you get a certificate or result before admission. Let him tender it.

If Tinubu has lost his certificates, let the schools issue statement of results.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by therealMcCain: 8:51pm On Jun 26, 2022
abbey621:

Even if I gave you their names, you won't be smart enough to do proper research hence don't waste my time. One name is Muyiwa Adegbinle(My uncle), attended Eko Boys High School in 1976, I don't know his primary school but he dropped out of secondary school and later found himself in America after working for church missionaries.

Please go check the meaning of "rhetorical question"

Lastly, you proved the point everyone is trying to make, whether he finished primary/secondary school or not he should be able to provide the name of the school & year, just as you did for your uncle.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by cheerishMe: 8:51pm On Jun 26, 2022
PresidObi:

Smart questions.

Am sure my friend seunsmg will do justice to these questions.
bros make una leave this fools alone they can't defend their master

2 Likes

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by Hakeem3(m): 8:52pm On Jun 26, 2022
Thinkam:
grin baba couldn't complete secondary and primary school due to poverty. But surprisingly could afford to travel overseas.

I thought basic education was free and encouraged in West due to Awolowo, how come Tinubu wasn't a beneficiary?

It was also speculated, Tinubu mother was a rich slave trader and business woman , how come she couldn't finance her child basic education?

Tinubu is definitely the Nigerian Version of Raymond Reddington...

This explanation is a BS

The document you just showed us of the university, confirming he attended the institution...

Why can't he also retrieve the remedial documents from Richard Dale, at least that's also abroad..

As it stands to me, this issue is still controversial...

Before you quote me unnecessarily, answer this!

If it was the requirement of a Job in your office, that I present my academic qualifications and I came with all this stories, wouldn't you press further?

OR would you accept my incomplete presentation?

Omo this people don't actually rate us you know. undecided
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by pacificom: 8:52pm On Jun 26, 2022
All this story is bullshit to me as long as he will make good presidency. Not the one that will suffer the youths, and make us slaves in our own country. Bola Tinubu should be notified that there is no reward for hard working and studious Nigerian youths at the present time. If they didn't make Chicago a land of opportunities ; how would he have become a successful man today?
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by therealMcCain: 8:53pm On Jun 26, 2022
seunmsg:

Stop believing fake news and sensational headlines. Tinubu never told anybody that he did not attend primary and secondary schools.

Ok sir, please what are the names of the primary & secondary he attended, regardless of how brief he stayed there & what year was this?

1 Like

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:55pm On Jun 26, 2022
seunmsg:

It is basic knowledge that schools don’t issue certificates twice now. Once a certificate is issued, it cannot be reissued again under any circumstances. You of all people should know this.

The only thing that can be done now is for the school to certify that he truly attended and graduated from the school and they have done that severally. If you’re not satisfied, you’re free to make your own enquiry directly from the school. Write to them and they will respond.

You and Tinubu should let us know the remedial studies he did, date and result. Also, let us know the qualification he used to get the admission.

There is no Remedial studies I know that will accept someone without WASSC equivalent.

1 Like

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by buzikid49515: 8:55pm On Jun 26, 2022
So Tinubu got his GED form where Chicago then he should also present it or rather you should otherwise you are very stupid
abbey621:

You mean GED na nonsense? Bush man grin grin grin grin
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by seunmsg(m): 8:56pm On Jun 26, 2022
therealMcCain:

Ok sir, please what are the names of the primary & secondary he attended, regardless of how brief he stayed there & what year was this?

He was silent about it in his INEC form.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Now Dot In A Circle, Arrested In Addis Ababa, Remanded / The Nigerian Operating IPOB’s Paris Account Unmasked By Security Agencies / FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.