Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,469 members, 7,954,833 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:28 AM

I Am Always Ashamed Because Of This. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Always Ashamed Because Of This. (3153 Views)

AT 35, Should I Be Ashamed Living With My Parents? / I Really Feel Ashamed Doing This / Age Difference Between Hubby & I | Ashamed Of My Age?? | Hubby's Occupation | I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: I Am Always Ashamed Because Of This. by Ulunne777(f): 12:46pm On Jun 28, 2022
Put efforts and you will learn it.
I realized my kids were towing that line and I mandated Igbo at home.2 yrs down they speak igbo at home,English at school.

Even if you don't go home make friend with someone conversant with it and ask him/her to speak it when you are with him.

Gradually make active convos and you won't even know when you become good at it.
I rate mine 80%,it'd have been 95% if they have gained mastery of our proverbs wink
Re: I Am Always Ashamed Because Of This. by Ulunne777(f): 12:48pm On Jun 28, 2022
Sugargul:

Being able to speak your native language doesn’t put money in your account. I don’t speak my native language..no fault of mine. I am at the peak of my career, a fat account balance with all the good things of life. When someone tries to degrade me or make me feel some type of way by pointing at my inability to speak my language, I laugh really, because their language couldn’t save them from wretchedness.

Go and sit down .
Its about preserving identity not everything is about you or your fat bank account.
If everybody behaves like you,would there be diverse language s on earth.
If the English behaved like you,would there be English as a language for you to speak?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should Husband Regularly Write On His Wife's Facebook Wall And Vice Versa / Swimming Lessons For Abuja Residents!!!! / Exclusive Breast Feeding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.