Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria (18853 Views)

"Nigeria Has Failed, Must Be Reformed" - Professor-Ango-Abdullahi / Yakassai: I Knew Buhari Can’t Fix Any Of Nigeria’s Problems / ''Atiku Can’t Bring The Change Nigeria Needs'' — Oby Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria by vicdom(m): 5:57am On Jun 27, 2022
Says Obi, Kwankwaso, Osinbajo would ‘ve been good, if…

Notes Nigeria’s in big trouble; it’s corruption selling nomination for N100m

Laments silence of elders to get Nigeria working again

Convener of the Northern Elders Forum, NEF, Professor Ango Abdullahi, has said the present crop of presidential candidates cannot fix Nigeria.

Though he gave what would pass for a fair assessment of the presidential candidates of Labour Party, Mr. Peter Obi and that of the New Nigeria People’s Party, NNPP, Senator Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, Abdullahi was emphatic about the presidential candidates of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and the main opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Atiku Abubakar, saying they had nothing to offer.

He argued that they had been around the political climate for a long time without commensurate positives to show for it but noted, however, that Vice President Yemi Osinbajo who contested the primaries in APC and a former banker, Mohammed Hayatu-Deen, who also aspired for the ticket in the PDP would have made better President as technocrats.

To this end, Abdullahi, who was also former Vice Chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University, ABU, Zaria, said he would not queue behind any of the candidates in terms of providing support.

Abdullahi said he would rather tell Nigerians to brace up for the trouble ahead of them, should any of the candidates become the next President.

The elderststesman bared his mind on major contemporary national issues via a phone chat with Vanguard weekend.

He said: “No, we still haven’t got the man who we think will fix Nigeria. What we have on ground is not good enough. How can you look at Tinubu and Atiku to say they are the ones who will fix this country?

”They have been on the ground for the last 25, 30 years and so on. What have they done? What are we looking for? I was the one who encouraged a technocrat to join this consensus. You probably had seen Mohammed Hayatu Deen in the group of people going around looking for a consensus arrangements in PDP. I was one of those who encouraged him. We haven’t got the materials on the ground unfortunately.

“Peter Obi, unfortunately, I don’t know him that much. He is a young man, he was the former governor of Anambra State and he is a businessman.

“He (Kwankwaso) is a good, young man. He started his politics with us and he is quite smart. No doubt about it. Of course, he had some of these debts that he acquired or he must have picked in other political formations and so on but clearly, he is one of the bright ones around. No doubt about that.

“I believe we have not had good array of politicians. With due respect to some of them that one saw contesting, I am not being selfish here by referring to certain people like Prof. Osinbajo. He is a quality material but the political system will not tolerate him.”

Asked if what Osinbajo did by running against his political godfather, Tinubu, was not tantamount to betrayal of loyalty and trust, Abdullahi said those were not what the country needed.

“What has it got to do with what Nigeria wants? Is he a slave to the former governor? I don’t understand this kind of analogy. Professor Osinbajo is a human being entirely on his own merit and his accomplishments are entirely his own and people should assess him as such. ”Those who needed his services asked for his services.

When he served as the attorney general of Lagos State, he was invited by the political system of Lagos State. This is the way I look at it and when he became vice president, I understand it is the president/party that identified him as qualified and competent enough to be the vice president in the current dispensation.

”Why shouldn’t he be because he served under XYZ. He should be identified as an individual for leadership in the country,” he said.

While asking Nigerians to prepare for the troubled days ahead should any of the candidates become president in 2023, Abdullahi said: “What I will tell Nigerians is that we are in trouble and the way out is for Nigerians to agree that Nigeria is in trouble and that the machineries that are on ground today, that are expected to find solution to the challenges facing Nigeria are not appropriate and we have to go back to the drawing board to see what we can do to save the Nigeria of the future.

“I believe the politicians have failed. My belief is that the political class has over the years failed to produce the kind of quality leadership we require to deal with the problems of Nigeria and which means that we should look for quality materials, not necessarily within the mainstream political parties, from outside and there have been a lot of discussions in Nigeria recently about technocrats.”

Abdulahi also decried the N100 million cost of presidential nomination forms by the APC before the primary elections.

He regretted that the country’s elders had either gone to sleep or joined the politicians, rather than working to rescue the country from imminent collapse.

“How can you pick a form for N100 million, for what? I mean this is a clear sign of irresponsible corruption because somebody whose total salary in four years, assuming he is president, his total legitimate salary in four years will be, I think, N34 million, even with the current salary that is being given to president.

”Why should you pick a form for N100 million and you are not even sure you are going to win the election. So, these are signs that the entire political system is corrupt and unless we go back to the drawing board and do the correct things that will make Nigerians participate in the process, there will never be a time we will have good candidates from the grassroots.

How can you say it is only one person from my local government who can represent me to elect the president? How?

“The elders have relaxed themselves in the crowd of irresponsible political class and they are just shouting like all the politicians are shouting during campaigns. There is no difference between the elders now and the politicians on ground as far as I am concerned.

”But what I thought the elders should do is to agree that this country needs real fixing and, therefore, we should sit down and seriously look at all the issues and objectively and honestly and truthfully agree that these issues facing Nigeria; not the issues facing northeast, northwest or north central or southeast, southwest or south-south, should be tackled head-on.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/tinubu-atiku-cant-fix-nigeria-ango-abdullahi/amp/

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria by Fahdiga(m): 5:57am On Jun 27, 2022
Among all the contestants the people's choice Peter Obi is the best man for the job. Atiku the Cameroonian is too corrupt to be entrusted with the key to our treasury and besides for equity sake power should rotate to the south. When you talk about Yekini Amoda Ogunlere aka Bola Tinubu then you instantly know that Nigeria will collapse if he mistakenly wins the presidency. Yekini Amoda Ogunlere aka Bola Tinubu is a mysterious man. Everything about him is shrouded in topmost secrecy. He is old and sick too. Nigerians can't afford to jump from frying pan to fire in 2023 hence the reason why everyone are clamouring for Peter Obi

303 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria by helinues: 6:04am On Jun 27, 2022
Well both Osinbajo and Obi would have been good but as the 2 major political parties have denied them their tickets, na to work on the reality.

Obi's only on the ballot to mark register, the main election is between Tinubu and Atiku

25 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria by Fahdiga(m): 6:08am On Jun 27, 2022
helinues:
Well both Osinbajo and Obi would have been good but as the 2 major political parties have denied them their tickets, na to work on the reality.

Obi's only on the ballot to mark register, the main election is between Tinubu and Atiku
I supported Osinbajo before the APC primary election. He is capable but Yekini Amoda Ogunlere aka Bola Tinubu bought everyone with his loot. Peter Obi represents the new Nigeria that we are all clamoring for. He is not from the two major political parties but remember that APC defeated the ruling PDP in 2015 so if we put more effort then labour party will defeat Yekini Amoda Ogunlere aka Bola Tinubu and his APC in 2023.

273 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria by orisa37: 6:09am On Jun 27, 2022
RIGHT.
WHEN WE WEEP WE SEE.
Osinbajo SHOULD BE RELAUNCHED AS INDEPENDENT CANDIDATE.

10 Likes

Re: Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria by Laggafin: 6:10am On Jun 27, 2022
Tanko Abduallahi is already obidient

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria by helinues: 6:10am On Jun 27, 2022
Fahdiga:
Amongst all the contestants the people's choice Peter Obi is the best man for the job. Atiku the Cameroonian is too corrupt to be entrusted with the key to our treasury and besides for equity sake power should rotate to the south. When you talk about Yekini Amoda Ogunlere aka Bola Tinubu then you instantly know that Nigeria will collapse if he mistakenly wins the presidency. Yekini Amoda Ogunlere aka Bola Tinubu is a mysterious man. Everything about him is shrouded in topmost secrecy. He is old and sick too. Nigerians can't afford to jump from frying pan to fire in 2023 hence the reason why everyone is clamouring for Peter Obi

Same Atiku you guys queued behind in 2019 election?

Seh some of you people no even get an iota of shame ni?

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria by pacesetting: 6:11am On Jun 27, 2022
It's obvious some learned Northerners know the truth.

The only reason why Nigerians have been making bad leadership choices is because majority of the electorates are iliterates.

151 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria by helinues: 6:11am On Jun 27, 2022
orisa37:
RIGHT.
WHEN WE WEEP WE SEE.

No be only independent candidate but consensus candidate

undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria by Softmirror: 6:12am On Jun 27, 2022
helinues:

THIS GUY SHOULD BE GIVEN THE AWARD OF THE NUMBER ONE TWO FACED HUMAN BEING ON NAIRALAND I SWEAR!!!!

EVEN FOR FOREIGN AFFAIRS, TODAY YOU ARE THE ONE SUPPORTING UKRAINE AND WRITING AGAINST RUSSIA, TOMORROW IT IS YOU PRAISING RUSSIA AND CONDEMNING UKRAINE.

AND I HONESTLY DOUBT IF YOU DO ANYTHING FOR A LIVING APART FROM COMMENTING ON NAIRALAND.

85 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria by Nobody: 6:14am On Jun 27, 2022
Everyone is facing reality and becoming Obi-dient, including Northern leaders. Allowing Nigeria to fall into the hands of criminals at this point in time will result in doom for everyone.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria by Fahdiga(m): 6:14am On Jun 27, 2022
helinues:

We supported Atiku in 2019 because there was no better choice before us then. Buhari was a monumental failure and there's no way that any sane person will vote for him the second time but alas he succeeded in rigging himself in.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria by orisa37: 6:15am On Jun 27, 2022
RIGHT.
WHEN WE WEEP WE SEE.

Osinbajo IS A RARE GEM. DON'T SLAUGHTER HIM CARELESSLY. NIGERIA IS DEFINITELY COMMITTING SUICIDE DOING SO.

Osinbajo IS GOLD. ATIKU AND TINUBU ARE ANACHRONISTIC.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria by shigishege: 6:17am On Jun 27, 2022
Honestly if I had to pick I will pick Tinubu, because there no Yoruba man that doesn't know how to manage a society very well. Be it the great Awolowo, Abiola, Obasanjo, Tinubu, Yemi Osinbajo, Fashola, too numerous to count. So Tinubu has all the capacity and tenacity to run and manage this country very very well.

Modified:

Shey all those wailers?? Leave them alone they mean no harm.

Thank you.

275 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria by pacesetting: 6:19am On Jun 27, 2022
Those that voted Atiku did so because he was the lesser evil between the two major candidates.

You that voted Buhari, how market?

Make una dey get sense small for this country nah
helinues:

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria by Fahdiga(m): 6:21am On Jun 27, 2022
shigishege:
Honestly if I had to pick I will pick Tinubu, because there no Yoruba man that doesn't know how to manage well. So pls Tinubu has all the capacity to run and manage this country very well. Thank you.
Yekini Amoda Ogunlere aka Bola Tinubu is sick and too old to lead a complex country like Nigeria. Shun ethnicity and go for the best in Peter Obi for the good of our country.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria by APCnaPDP: 6:23am On Jun 27, 2022
helinues:

I agree with you totally. Unfortunately, Nigerians have to choose between Atiku and Tinubu. Looking at them closely including the people supporting each person, the more credible person is Atiku.

Obi or Kwankwaso are local champions and cannot win election to become president of Nigeria.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria by shigishege: 6:23am On Jun 27, 2022
Fahdiga:
Yekini Amoda Ogunlere aka Bola Tinubu is sick and too old to lead a complex country like Nigeria. Shun ethnicity and go for the best in Peter Obi for the good of our country.
see I have given the express order that no one should disturb you wailing waillers your birth right to wail because it's your fundamental human right to wail to your satisfaction. So don't worry. You have the floor.
Thank you.

267 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria by shigishege: 6:27am On Jun 27, 2022
Fahdiga:
all those name you mentioned above are Yoruba names both Ogunlere and Tinubu are Yoruba names. Even me self I'm Ogunlere. Every man from Yoruba land is Ogunlere. Tinubu is Ogunlere cos he is a Yoruba man.
So far he did not claim he is nwashuku.

Thank you wailler.

267 Likes

Re: Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria by Fahdiga(m): 6:29am On Jun 27, 2022
shigishege:
all those name you mentioned above are Yoruba names both Ogunlere and Tinubu are Yoruba names. Even me self I'm Ogunlere. Every man from Yoruba land is Ogunlere. Tinubu is Ogunlere cos he is a Yoruba man.

Thank you wailler.
I hope you will be able to explain this to your children in the future? Posterity never forgets.

23 Likes

Re: Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria by Boogyman557: 6:30am On Jun 27, 2022
Holly Gram cool OBIdient we STAND!

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria by helinues: 6:31am On Jun 27, 2022
pacesetting:
Those that voted Atiku did so because he was the lesser evil between the two major candidates.

You that voted Buhari, how market?

Make una dey get sense small for this country nah

The wailing you guys have been doing for the past 7 years with no changes, yet you dey tell others to get sense small.

Hahahaha, oya look inside the mirror
Re: Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria by shigishege: 6:31am On Jun 27, 2022
Fahdiga:
I hope you will be able to explain this to your children in the future? Posterity never forgets.
do you want him to claim he is nwashuku??

267 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria by NaijaRoyalty(m): 6:32am On Jun 27, 2022
This is the same Ango Abdulahi that Tinubu and his useless slaves worship so much

Peter Obi is most qualified for the job and insha Allah, He's the next president of Nigeria

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria by Fahdiga(m): 6:32am On Jun 27, 2022
shigishege:
do you want him to claim he is nwashuku??
Then he should come clean and own up to his real names instead of lying about everything. Yekini Amoda Ogunlere aka Bola Tinubu is a mysterious man.

11 Likes

Re: Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria by helinues: 6:36am On Jun 27, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
This is the same Ango Abdulahi that Tinubu and his useless slaves worship so much

Peter Obi is most qualified for the job and insha Allah, He's the next president of Nigeria

Next president of Biafra. Point of corrections

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria by Great2017: 6:37am On Jun 27, 2022
helinues:

Why are you flip-flopping? Earlier, you claimed to be facing reality - Tinubu or Atiku. Next, it is "iota of shame". What do you really want?

6 Likes

Re: Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria by helinues: 6:38am On Jun 27, 2022
Great2017:

Why are you flip-flopping? Earlier, you claimed to be facing reality - Tinubu or Atiku. Next, it is "iota of shame". What do you really want?

Read and comprehend.

Not too much to ask
Re: Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria by Realdon1(m): 6:40am On Jun 27, 2022
helinues:

Obi is the youths movement.
Since Endsars thrived successfully, nothing will stop Obi wildfire - like spread.
Let them keep extorting the remaining money in Tinubu bullion van .
We are watching them.
Youth are not after your national structure.
Youths are all over with their resources to make this project successful.
Obi is Youths project.

13 Likes

Re: Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria by helinues: 6:42am On Jun 27, 2022
Realdon1:

Obi is the youths movement.
Since Endsars thrived successfully, nothing will stop Obi wildfire - like spread.
Let them keep extorting the remaining money in Tinubu bullion van .
We are watching them.
Youth are not after your national structure.
Youths are all over with their resources to make this project successful.
Obi is Youths project.

We are just hoping you guys won't continue with Biafra or death if the imminent loss don happened

2 Likes

Re: Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria by shigishege: 6:42am On Jun 27, 2022
Fahdiga:
Then he should come clean and own up to his real names instead of lying about everything. Yekini Amoda Ogunlere aka Bola Tinubu is a mysterious man.
fadhiga or what are you, early this morning, 6 am you have already started wailing, you can at least allow sun to come out before you start now. Even if dem curse you that doesn't mean you won't rest.

264 Likes

Re: Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria by shigishege: 6:45am On Jun 27, 2022
helinues:

We are just hoping you guys won't continue with Biafra or death if the imminent loss don happened
they are free to do anything. Even they can go on exile with thier organ harvesting families

263 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mukhtar Ramalan Yero To Become Kaduna Governor / Independence Day: Osinbajo Makes Prophetic Declarations About Nigeria / Aisha Attacks Buhari Over Zamfara Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.