Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,811 members, 7,827,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Lagos State Rebuilds Pen Cinema Police Station Burnt During EndSARS Protests - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Rebuilds Pen Cinema Police Station Burnt During EndSARS Protests (27160 Views)

EndSARS: Delta State Rebuilds Burnt Asaba High Court Complex / LASG Rebuilds Ajeromi Ifelodun Local Secretariat Burnt During EndSARS Riots / Nonso Smart Okafor Rebuilds Burnt House Of A Widow, Empowers Her Financially (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Rebuilds Pen Cinema Police Station Burnt During EndSARS Protests by VoteObi2023: 4:34pm On Jun 27, 2022
The only problem I have with Yorubas is that they don't take responsibility.

I experienced the carnage these phools caused in Agric, Ogolonto, Ketu and Ojoto live. I was even a victim of their madness and they are blaming Igbos.

The thugs took over Lagos during the EndSARS protest and mounted road blocks to collect money from people.

Even Yorubas who are not agbero dare not enter the road talk more of Igbos or abokis but these phools are blaming Igbos because they love whitewashing their crime.

Even all the arrests the LASG made were 100% Yorubas.

Yorubas destroyed LAGOS and Igbo businesses during EndSARS.

FACT

Anybody who witnessed how thugs took over Lagos and set up road blocks during EndSARS will NEVER vote Tinubu.

Most of the Yorubas campaigning for Tinubu don't live in Lagos. Majority of them are moslems from Osun. While most of the Yorubas campaigning for Obi live in Lagos.

May Tinubu never happen to us.
Re: Lagos State Rebuilds Pen Cinema Police Station Burnt During EndSARS Protests by babatunji36117: 4:40pm On Jun 27, 2022
wow!!!!!.....it will never happen again lailai....but we will never forget...wow!!!!!.....it will never happen again lailai....but we will never forget......
Re: Lagos State Rebuilds Pen Cinema Police Station Burnt During EndSARS Protests by Ipp1: 5:25pm On Jun 27, 2022
Ugly turned new
Re: Lagos State Rebuilds Pen Cinema Police Station Burnt During EndSARS Protests by truthfinder319: 5:30pm On Jun 27, 2022
This is how all police stations in Nigeria should be. With good structure, adequate ammunition and modern technology plus good emoluments (salary and allowance and constant training) , we will have the best Police Service in Africa
Re: Lagos State Rebuilds Pen Cinema Police Station Burnt During EndSARS Protests by Dorakay93(m): 6:18pm On Jun 27, 2022
tenpipsperday:

Bro I served pecisely in Nnewi South. The Igbos I met were very hospitable even the uneducted ones among them. One mama who speaks fluent English once told that if there is tribe that ought welcome strangers, I mean OUGHT, she said it is the Igbos and I asked her why, She told me that over ninety percent of her children and grand children are living outside Igbo land so how could she be unfriendly to soujourners.

I have personally noticed that Igbos will square up with you when you encrouch into the business area. We have had so many Hausa/ Yoruba fights in Lagos, cite example of Yoruba/Igbo fight.

As for their attack on Tinubu, I want to believe you have not seen where other people malign the Igbo leaders. They came up with pandora papers against Obi and since then they are calling him pandora obituary. On other hand I have noticed that any antiyoruba post on nairaland is believed to be posted by an Igbo right? As a matter of fact on nairaland no other tribes exists aside the three major tribes. We find it very easy to call out the Igbos but no one calls out the people that sleep on the road and defacate on the streets of Lagos but are quick to pull out sword even when not provoked.

Every attack on Tinubu is Igbo, no other person from any other tribe does so. I want to believe that every Yoruba loves Tinubu right? So if such individual attacks him, it is Igbo. No Bini, no Efik, no Ibibio, no Nupe, no Idoma, no Igala and so, only Igbos.
I have taken my survey before saying that. Political campaign is different from intentional personality attack.
The mama you met at nnwei does not represent the whole Igbo tribe.
Am not saying Igbos are generally bad but the their premonition of Yoruba ppl is wrong.
Let me tell you, my greatest benefactors till now are Igbos but that does not mean I won't say things the way they are. Igbos have representative in Lagos house of assembly, they have senatorial slot in Lagos, can any Yoruba try that in South East??
Re: Lagos State Rebuilds Pen Cinema Police Station Burnt During EndSARS Protests by tenpipsperday: 7:05pm On Jun 27, 2022
Dorakay93:

I have taken my survey before saying that. Political campaign is different from intentional personality attack.
The mama you met at nnwei does not represent the whole Igbo tribe.
Am not saying Igbos are generally bad but the their premonition of Yoruba ppl is wrong.
Let me tell you, my greatest benefactors till now are Igbos but that does not mean I won't say things the way they are. Igbos have representative in Lagos house of assembly, they have senatorial slot in Lagos, can any Yoruba try that in South East??

But can a Yoruba go to the East and build house? In the villages, establish without believing that Igbos are not friendly people? No he will tell you Igbos are bad.

I want to thank you for saying that you have Igbos who have impacted your life. I won't mince words about it, Igbos are averagely proud people but they are being painted the way they are not.

In the school where we were posted, there was a certain Mohamed Aliu from Sokoto. He was visibly crying when we were giving farewell speech. He said it was difficulty to part with such people. He said he made efforts to change state of because he never believed he could survive the Igbo community. You know why? The orientation he got as a small boy. He said growing up he was taught that Igbos eat human being, any bush the elders don't want them to enter, they will be told that nyamiri is there. With that mindset how do you think he will be comfortable with Igbo man.

Tell me what an Igbo man has done that a Yoruba has not done. I have relations who have never crossed River Niger but they will tell you how uninhabitable the East is. Just from stories.

They are bad and good people everywhere bro.

If the mama I met does not represent the Igbos it the bad ones you met that will do?

If the Yorubas will bring their best and do other regions Nigeria will move forward but look at who is coming for president from our land. And when you object they tag you anti Yoruba
Re: Lagos State Rebuilds Pen Cinema Police Station Burnt During EndSARS Protests by Jamesbiodun(m): 7:40pm On Jun 27, 2022
It seems OP just come to agege since end SARS riotgrin grin grin
Re: Lagos State Rebuilds Pen Cinema Police Station Burnt During EndSARS Protests by TheSameGuy(m): 7:41pm On Jun 27, 2022
What Ipob Terrorist can not destroy doesn't exist
Re: Lagos State Rebuilds Pen Cinema Police Station Burnt During EndSARS Protests by Doriwhally: 8:20pm On Jun 27, 2022
Teeroyzimma:
Only a fool will vote Drugnubu

Go back to your village omo ibo
Re: Lagos State Rebuilds Pen Cinema Police Station Burnt During EndSARS Protests by docseun: 9:25pm On Jun 27, 2022
Ile oba to jo!!!!!! cheesy
Re: Lagos State Rebuilds Pen Cinema Police Station Burnt During EndSARS Protests by Tundex911: 12:21am On Jun 28, 2022
Fuvk the youth wey know the truth but acting stupid...

Oluwa a wa pelu a wa ti a mo oye

Re: Lagos State Rebuilds Pen Cinema Police Station Burnt During EndSARS Protests by Dorakay93(m): 9:18am On Jun 28, 2022
tenpipsperday:

But can a Yoruba go to the East and build house? In the villages, establish without believing that Igbos are not friendly people? No he will tell you Igbos are bad.

I want to thank you for saying that you have Igbos who have impacted your life. I won't mince words about it, Igbos are averagely proud people but they are being painted the way they are not.

In the school where we were posted, there was a certain Mohamed Aliu from Sokoto. He was visibly crying when we were giving farewell speech. He said it was difficulty to part with such people. He said he made efforts to change state of because he never believed he could survive the Igbo community. You know why? The orientation he got as a small boy. He said growing up he was taught that Igbos eat human being, any bush the elders don't want them to enter, they will be told that nyamiri is there. With that mindset how do you think he will be comfortable with Igbo man.

Tell me what an Igbo man has done that a Yoruba has not done. I have relations who have never crossed River Niger but they will tell you how uninhabitable the East is. Just from stories.

They are bad and good people everywhere bro.

If the mama I met does not represent the Igbos it the bad ones you met that will do?

If the Yorubas will bring their best and do other regions Nigeria will move forward but look at who is coming for president from our land. And when you object they tag you anti Yoruba
Stereotyped perception of certain tribe from stories are real and it's everywhere. That's y Igbos that have never stepped their legs in Yoruba will tell u yorubas are betrayers, even those that have not met any Yoruba person in their entire life will say that.
Look, I have practically travelled to all parts of this country and I know the perception of tribes and people about other tribes. Presently, I base in pH and I know what their perception is here abt Yoruba even those that have not been to Yoruba land will say trash., that's what it is . I married Akwa ibom person that is to tell u how liberal and untribalized I am.
I don't know what u mean by the candidate from Yoruba land anyway.
Re: Lagos State Rebuilds Pen Cinema Police Station Burnt During EndSARS Protests by tenpipsperday: 10:34am On Jun 28, 2022
Dorakay93:

Stereotyped perception of certain tribe from stories are real and it's everywhere. That's y Igbos that have never stepped their legs in Yoruba will tell u yorubas are betrayers, even those that have not met any Yoruba person in their entire life will say that.
Look, I have practically travelled to all parts of this country and I know the perception of tribes and people about other tribes. Presently, I base in pH and I know what their perception is here abt Yoruba even those that have not been to Yoruba land will say trash., that's what it is . I married Akwa ibom person that is to tell u how liberal and untribalized I am.
I don't know what u mean by the candidate from Yoruba land anyway.

Bro I have followed you a little I can sense how untribalized you are. I salute you for that but there is a place you and I are still trying to find a common ground and where is that? The issue of tribal attack.

What we accuse Igbos of today is still in our people here in Yoruba land. I even asked you to mention one thing the Igbos do that we don't do. I take members of my family as a case study

Now read below what is public domain and tell me how an educated fellow will be saying such.

[b]
"My Dad Made Lagos More Comfortable For Igbos But They Choose To Be Ungrateful”

~ Folasade Tinubu Ojo

“The conducive environment you see today in Lagos that Igbos are enjoying while doing their businesses were put in place by my father Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu.

“These people left their home town and we accepted them wholeheartedly in Lagos State, provided all they needed yet they are not grateful. Instead they keep attacking my father at any slightest opportunity.

“Without this man, there will be nothing like Igbos in Lagos State. They made their Billions here. Some of them don’t even know their hometown anymore because they now prefer Lagos than where they are coming from.

“Now, it’s time for them to reciprocate the kind gesture my father has shown to them over the years by supporting his Presidential ambition, they now resort to blackmail and all sorts of attacks on the person that made them whim they are in Lagos State today.

“They locked up their shops just to get their PVCs something that has never happened before just because my father is contesting for the President of this country. Simply because they don’t want him.

“We have tolerated their excesses for so long now, therefore the earlier we put them in their position, the better. We are watching them closely because if you are Rome, you must respect, adore and support the culture of the Romans and whatever they are doing. You can’t be in Rome and be against the Romans. Never!”

~ Folasade Tinubu Ojo concluded.
[/b]

I hope you have seen this before.
Re: Lagos State Rebuilds Pen Cinema Police Station Burnt During EndSARS Protests by Dorakay93(m): 11:09am On Jun 28, 2022
tenpipsperday:

Bro I have followed you a little I can sense how untribalized you are. I salute you for that but there is a place you and I are still trying to find a common ground and where is that? The issue of tribal attack.

What we accuse Igbos of today is still in our people here in Yoruba land. I even asked you to mention one thing the Igbos do that we don't do. I take members of my family as a case study

Now read below what is public domain and tell me how an educated fellow will be saying such.

[b]
"My Dad Made Lagos More Comfortable For Igbos But They Choose To Be Ungrateful”

~ Folasade Tinubu Ojo

“The conducive environment you see today in Lagos that Igbos are enjoying while doing their businesses were put in place by my father Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu.

“These people left their home town and we accepted them wholeheartedly in Lagos State, provided all they needed yet they are not grateful. Instead they keep attacking my father at any slightest opportunity.

“Without this man, there will be nothing like Igbos in Lagos State. They made their Billions here. Some of them don’t even know their hometown anymore because they now prefer Lagos than where they are coming from.

“Now, it’s time for them to reciprocate the kind gesture my father has shown to them over the years by supporting his Presidential ambition, they now resort to blackmail and all sorts of attacks on the person that made them whim they are in Lagos State today.

“They locked up their shops just to get their PVCs something that has never happened before just because my father is contesting for the President of this country. Simply because they don’t want him.

“We have tolerated their excesses for so long now, therefore the earlier we put them in their position, the better. We are watching them closely because if you are Rome, you must respect, adore and support the culture of the Romans and whatever they are doing. You can’t be in Rome and be against the Romans. Never!”

~ Folasade Tinubu Ojo concluded.
[/b]

I hope you have seen this before.
What she said is absolutely true.
Can u go to onitsha and say it's no man's land as Igbos always say
Why didn't u as a corper start contending with nnewi people while serving there or speak ill of their land You have to know your limits and if u don't we can call u to order.
If u are saying we Yorubas also have I'll perception of other tribes, does it make it right? Does that justify it?
The initial discussion was Igbos speaks I'll of yorubas, u didn't want to accept that, instead u were highlighting their good deeds to cover up. That's what I won't agree. Someone may be good but where u err must be criticize also.
Re: Lagos State Rebuilds Pen Cinema Police Station Burnt During EndSARS Protests by tenpipsperday: 1:34pm On Jun 28, 2022
Dorakay93:

What she said is absolutely true.
Can u go to onitsha and say it's no man's land as Igbos always say
Why didn't u as a corper start contending with nnewi people while serving there or speak ill of their land You have to know your limits and if u don't we can call u to order.
If u are saying we Yorubas also have I'll perception of other tribes, does it make it right? Does that justify it?
The initial discussion was Igbos speaks I'll of yorubas, u didn't want to accept that, instead u were highlighting their good deeds to cover up. That's what I won't agree. Someone may be good but where u err must be criticize also.

To start with what she is saying is not true. She said Tinubu made Lagos condusive for Igbos to thrive but the truth is that these people are good in their busiiness everywhere they find themselves, Go to Kano, Kaduna Sokoto, you can't beat them to their game of commerce just like you can't beat a fulani to cattle rearing. As per her claim, an Igbo friend of mine sent it to me and recorded where he was laughing. He then advised me to to reach out to Fola and tell her that before here father arrived Lagos that an Igbo man lent the federal government of Nigeria the Rolls Royce they used for queen when she visited. . He asked me to ask Fola if she know the investments Igbos had at Apapa before her father came to Lagos. He asked me to inform Fola that Igbos were flourishing in Lagos before her father stepped his foot in Lagos. Of course as an Igbo man with pride hre reminded me to tell Fola that the first millionare in Nigeria was an Igbo man and he didn't make his money through government connection

Now I ask you again the insults Igbos rain on Yoruba, do Yoruba insult Igbos too? Who was first to call Lagos a no man's land and even if they say Lagos is a no man's land have they in any way unleashed terror the way the northerner's do? Can an Igbo man kill a human being for using motor to jam a cow? Cows that are supposed to be in a restricted arear. But we are comfortable with people who waste people's lives but vent our anger on the man who is just making utterances.

What is it that they contend with us here? We sell our lands to them and that is it. But you have not frowned at how our people sell our ancestral land to non natives just to celebrate and make party for their father who dies 50 years ago? When the new owner starts to enjoy the land we want to question him
Re: Lagos State Rebuilds Pen Cinema Police Station Burnt During EndSARS Protests by Dorakay93(m): 6:23pm On Jun 28, 2022
tenpipsperday:

To start with what she is saying is not true. She said Tinubu made Lagos condusive for Igbos to thrive but the truth is that these people are good in their busiiness everywhere they find themselves, Go to Kano, Kaduna Sokoto, you can't beat them to their game of commerce just like you can't beat a fulani to cattle rearing. As per her claim, an Igbo friend of mine sent it to me and recorded where he was laughing. He then advised me to to reach out to Fola and tell her that before here father arrived Lagos that an Igbo man lent the federal government of Nigeria the Rolls Royce they used for queen when she visited. . He asked me to ask Fola if she know the investments Igbos had at Apapa before her father came to Lagos. He asked me to inform Fola that Igbos were flourishing in Lagos before her father stepped his foot in Lagos. Of course as an Igbo man with pride hre reminded me to tell Fola that the first millionare in Nigeria was an Igbo man and he didn't make his money through government connection

Now I ask you again the insults Igbos rain on Yoruba, do Yoruba insult Igbos too? Who was first to call Lagos a no man's land and even if they say Lagos is a no man's land have they in any way unleashed terror the way the northerner's do? Can an Igbo man kill a human being for using motor to jam a cow? Cows that are supposed to be in a restricted arear. But we are comfortable with people who waste people's lives but vent our anger on the man who is just making utterances.

What is it that they contend with us here? We sell our lands to them and that is it. But you have not frowned at how our people sell our ancestral land to non natives just to celebrate and make party for their father who dies 50 years ago? When the new owner starts to enjoy the land we want to question him
You have not answered my question. Why didn't u say nnewi is a no man's land when u we're serving there?
No one is talking about trading intelligence, if u have intelligence in trading and don't have a good accommodating environment u can't prosper.
Stop using wrong to compare wrong to justify the unjust. Is like u are supporting evil. Have not said yorubas are saints or hausaor Fulani.
U admitted in ur previous comment that Igbos are proud so y responding incoherently again? Give Igbo man a plot of land, gradually he will take over your town.
Every tribe has their bad sides but don't try to cover what's uncoverable with illogical comparison.
Do u know the no of Igbos tinubu gave scholarship Who started d idea of Igbos having slot in house of assembly and Senate in Lagos?? Can a Yoruba man do same in any Eastern state?? Did u ask ur friend or yourself this??
You are not a deep thinker!!!...that's what I observe, with due respect!!
Re: Lagos State Rebuilds Pen Cinema Police Station Burnt During EndSARS Protests by tenpipsperday: 7:19pm On Jun 28, 2022
Dorakay93:

You have not answered my question. Why didn't u say nnewi is a no man's land when u we're serving there?
No one is talking about trading intelligence, if u have intelligence in trading and don't have a good accommodating environment u can't prosper.
Stop using wrong to compare wrong to justify the unjust. Is like u are supporting evil. Have not said yorubas are saints or hausaor Fulani.
U admitted in ur previous comment that Igbos are proud so y responding incoherently again? Give Igbo man a plot of land, gradually he will take over your town.
Every tribe has their bad sides but don't try to cover what's uncoverable with illogical comparison.
Do u know the no of Igbos tinubu gave scholarship Who started d idea of Igbos having slot in house of assembly and Senate in Lagos?? Can a Yoruba man do same in any Eastern state?? Did u ask ur friend or yourself this??
You are not a deep thinker!!!...that's what I observe, with due respect!!

Bro take it easy. We are not fighting. At the end of the day you and I are Yorubas.

I understand that this no man's land is paining you but to me it is nothing. Why will I be saying Nnewi is no man's land when it's status is not my concern.

Talking of government appointment, how many Yoruba are in the south east and those who are there are they close to the politicians? Or will they bring the appointment to your home?

But somewhere you said it all , every society has their own limitations but we tend to ignore ours and focus somewhere else.

Give Igbo man one plot he will like to take the whole village but I ask is he grabbing it? Is he not buying it? Are we not the ones selling to them.

I prefer who has property in my place to who does not because the one with property will try to secure the place more than the tribe who has nothing to lose. They heat up polity. Burn it down and get away. He has no stake.
Re: Lagos State Rebuilds Pen Cinema Police Station Burnt During EndSARS Protests by FullBlastLight: 6:00pm On Jul 04, 2022
Nyamiri:

I am talking to sensible people, not senseless pigs whose mothers drink kerosene.

U're a poor misguided fool wit a wretched & miserable existence!

Small boy, how dare u vent ur frustration & despondency on my comment?

If u really wanna be utterly free frm ur predicament, use dt big stuff btw ur two ears 2 acquire sense & be #OBIdient, else ur plight continues!

May God save ur toxic soul frm ruin, last last!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wike: We Are Yet To Decide Presidential Candidate To Support / VP Osinbajo Celebrates Hilda Baci's 100 Hours Cooking Marathon Record / Jonathan Commends Gambian President, Jammeh, For Conceding Defeat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.