Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,381 members, 7,822,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Why Did You Become An Atheist - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Become An Atheist (26987 Views)

Why Did Pastor Isaac Oyedepo Lose So Much Weight? / I'm An Atheist That Thinks That Premarital Sex Is Wrong. Is This Unusual? / As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Kaxmytex(m): 4:47pm On Jun 29, 2022
I get coconut head, I no dey hear word, stop no dey my dictionary, I kip on believing even if the outcome no favor me...
me and atheism are just two parallel lines
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by SmartPolician: 4:48pm On Jun 29, 2022
Maynman:

You can’t love what you fear

It's your call, bro.
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by sinkhole: 4:48pm On Jun 29, 2022
tunjijones:

In the book of genesis, it was recorded that God created Adam and Eve. And they were the first being ever created. They had children. Cain and Abel were amongst the children they had.

It was recorded that Cain killed his brother Abel out of jealousy. It was also recorded that God cursed Cain and send him away from the rest of his people. It was recorded that God put a mark on Cain so that anyone that see him will not kill him.

My question now is who are these people that would kill him when Adam and eve were the first creation. Is it there there are other people in the world apart from Adam and Eve?
Na dat one shock you?
OK, what of the fact the Cain married from people that came out of nowhere shocked

See it here:
And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

11 Likes

Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Barims(m): 4:48pm On Jun 29, 2022
sundaygray:
Omo i observed the life, learned different religions sat down and thought about life in general and also, never had a spiritual encounter i have spent money, a lot of money for a spiritual encounter but no level baba.The lack of evidence just make me chill. Unless God appears and shows himself to me, no level grin

Welcome to reality

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by meeketta: 4:48pm On Jun 29, 2022
Spiritual things can't be purchased with money? "seek the Lord with all thy heart, and ye shall find Him"

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Kobojunkie: 4:48pm On Jun 29, 2022
sinkhole:
I am not really an atheist, I believe in supernatural but not inline with Christians and Muslims!
1. I can't understand why God should use his hand to create man and destined some to hell and some to paradise and talking of paradise and he'll, where are they?
1. That idea there was sold to you by your pastors and mogs, and not Jesus Christ, the Christ in Christianity. If your knowledge of Christianity comes not from you actually learning from reading the scriptures for yourself but instead from the mouths of the very Charlatans Christians were warned by Jesus that not to listen to, then I am afraid what you know is a lie. undecided
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by aribisala0(m): 4:48pm On Jun 29, 2022
HealerH:
Atheism is a lazy man's excuse for living an immoral lifestyle.
You are the lazy person refusing to use your brain.
What evidence do you have that
1. Atheists live an immoral lifestyle
2. That People with religion live a moral lifestyle

I think the opposite of what you said is true religion is a lazy man's excuse for so many terrible things e.g

The recent lynching of Deborah Yakubu was not done by atheists . It was JUSTIFIED IN THE NAME OF RELIGION
Religion is the one thing that requires people to suspend their brains

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 29, 2022
ajekpaks:

Mr. Sane, I agree I am mad because I refuse to accept the junk stuffed down your throats... I'm sorry

The issue here is you exist cos of the liberal and good life of Christianity. You won't exist again once you start telling us quran is trash. If dem born you well, tell us the lies, myths in Islam if your brethren in the north or any angry head slammer won't come for you.
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Dtruthspeaker: 4:49pm On Jun 29, 2022
tunjijones:

My question now is who are these people that would kill him when Adam and eve were the first creation. Is it there there are other people in the world apart from Adam and Eve?

The Bible also said that they had other "sons and daughters". And when you add the fact that they lived very long, then you can see how many they shall and can multiply.

And you can see that men who aren't even up to 80 years have had up to 12 children, who would grow up to have their own children.

Meanwhile Papa Adam still dey alive and maybe still releasing new "brothers and sisters".

Therefore, Cain could still be furiously killed when he was in his 225th year.

It's as simple as that!
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Maynman: 4:50pm On Jun 29, 2022
SmartPolician:

It's your call, bro.

Love and fear won’t mix.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by zionmde: 4:50pm On Jun 29, 2022
tunjijones:

In the book of genesis, it was recorded that God created Adam and Eve. And they were the first being ever created. They had children. Cain and Abel were amongst the children they had.

It was recorded that Cain killed his brother Abel out of jealousy. It was also recorded that God cursed Cain and send him away from the rest of his people. It was recorded that God put a mark on Cain so that anyone that see him will not kill him.

Now how many years was can when he killed abel? Almost 130yrs
Do you know how many generations there are in 130yrs? Adam and Eve didn't give birth to only cain and Abel. The bible never mentioned that they had only 2 sons, just that cain and abel were key studies

So in 130yrs a lot of multiplication must have gone on

Am not trying to convince u sha, but thinking that the bible was written in chronological order is ignorance. 2 verses of the Bible might be up to 50yrs apart
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by jejoka7489: 4:52pm On Jun 29, 2022
Bfh

Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Barims(m): 4:53pm On Jun 29, 2022
saduho:
Na mumu dey become atheist.

You be dindinrin

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Lamanii22(f): 4:53pm On Jun 29, 2022
sundaygray:
Omo i observed the life, learned different religions sat down and thought about life in general and also, never had a spiritual encounter i have spent money, a lot of money for a spiritual encounter but no level baba.The lack of evidence just make me chill. Unless God appears and shows himself to me, no level grin
you can't be an atheist in Lagos..,
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Bennycollins: 4:54pm On Jun 29, 2022
ajekpaks:

It's mostly made up...

In the beginning Man created God...
Ok, fine what created man?
Eye go clear you one day. E get people wey do pass you before.
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Dtruthspeaker: 4:55pm On Jun 29, 2022
nextstep:

Sounds like human invention to me.

Obviously you imagine a God to be void of anger, pleasure, joy, sorrow etc like a robot.

That's why the Bible is accurate because God made us to be like Him which is why you all say when it suits you that ''you are not a robot"
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Maynman: 4:55pm On Jun 29, 2022
aribisala0:
You do not become an atheist it is the other way round
No one is born with any religion in their head

That’s agnostic.
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Karnice600: 4:56pm On Jun 29, 2022
sundaygray:

I think most atheist get it all muddled up when they start tryna trace their way back through a hole and a bubble...
I got to this point too, but it always ended up in my looking stupid, until I asked the question, "What is the purpose of life?"
That was when lines began falling in places and the puzzles began fitting, creating a vivid picture of the dimensional realities that hold existence together.
I never hated the idea of a Creator, I only had an open mind to learn

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Barims(m): 4:56pm On Jun 29, 2022
Imka:
The fool says in his heart , 'there is no God '.

This simply means all atheist are fools.

It's simple reasoning, because even and "Ant" knows there is God.

Therefore atheists can learn about God by observing the ways of an ant m

You mumu too much angry angry cause everything you wrote is pointless

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by MITCHELL96: 4:56pm On Jun 29, 2022
peggywebbs:
One thing I've learnt about atheists is that they have herd mentality. There are only very few atheists but you see the rest are either followers, angry people, and those who don't like extra activities.

However, the majority even from the comments are ex-christians. The common excuse is they are not convinced about the existence of God. So, many of them will simply tell you that's why they became atheist. What they won't tell you is the disappointment they have felt.

Many have had experiences where they thought or expected God to do something but they got nothing. In anger, they left the religion because they saw no point to it. While another group fall in the category of those forced to go to church as kids on Sunday. They'd rather be at home watching a movie or with their PS4. Growing up gave them the opportunity to stay back at home.

They got used to it and so Sundays became like every other day and they forgot about church. Since they don't bother well it's as good as there's no point of religion. Then the last group which constitute the majority is school. Well that's where most people don't go to church, I never did in school. But you see when someone says there's no God, the other person well thinks it's cool and they sort of become atheists by association. So they hang around and argue the whole idea why Christians are nuts. It's a fun conversation, they flow with it and then bam, they are now confirmed atheists.

So that's about it.

You're A Genius, I Love You embarassed
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by sinkhole: 4:56pm On Jun 29, 2022
zionmde:

Now how many years was can when he killed abel? Almost 130yrs
Do you know how many generations there are in 130yrs? Adam and Eve didn't give birth to only cain and Abel. The bible never mentioned that they had only 2 sons, just that cain and abel were key studies

So in 130yrs a lot of multiplication must have gone on

Am not trying to convince u sha, but thinking that the bible was written in chronological order is ignorance. 2 verses of the Bible might be up to 50yrs apart
What you're saying in essence is that not everything that happened was recorded in the Bible, that we could supplement Bible?

I hope you read this:
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Revelation 22:18 KJV

9 Likes

Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by nextstep(m): 4:57pm On Jun 29, 2022
SmartPolician:

God can never appear to any man if that's what you expect.

He wants to know people who genuinely love and fear Him without seeing Him.

It's better to believe that heaven exists, prepare for it and later find out that it doesn't exist than not believe that heaven exists, live a reckless lifestyle and find out that heaven is real.

But for those who lived before the Bible was written... do they get to go to heaven? What about those who died a year after Jesus died for their sins, but the Gospel had not reached them, because there was no telephone, and people had to trek or canoe for months, if not years to cover distances. How far?

10 Likes

Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Maynman: 4:57pm On Jun 29, 2022
Karnice600:

I think most atheist get it all muddled up when they start tryna trace their way back through a hole and a bubble...
I got to this point too, but it always ended up in my looking stupid, until I asked the question, "What is the purpose of life?"
That was when lines began falling in places and the puzzles began fitting, creating a vivid picture of the dimensional realities that hold existence together.
I never hated the idea of a Creator, I only had an open mind to learn

lol, you don’t know what “theist” and “atheist” mean.

Out of all the deities, only Yahweh was the one that interested you? grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by compton11(m): 4:57pm On Jun 29, 2022
Sweetplum:

Read Qur'an too and tell us it's hokus pokus. When mentioning religion, you highlighted Christianity alone. As if it's responsible for your misery. Don't forget to debunk African Traditional Religion too aside Islam that may cost you your life.
why directing your frustrations toward Islam.

Majority of atheists are former Christians grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by kole88(m): 4:59pm On Jun 29, 2022
Reigion have brougt about voilence in the world, it have done more than good, take it or leave it.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Eddygourdo(m): 5:00pm On Jun 29, 2022
The Bible may not be true to you, same with other holy books. however if you accept your fallibility as a human and the limit of human knowledge. then you will start believing again in an intelligent , all-knowing being. whether the religions of today describe him and what he wants, will be story for another day.
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by xeju: 5:01pm On Jun 29, 2022
peggywebbs:
One thing I've learnt about atheists is that they have herd mentality. There are only very few atheists but you see the rest are either followers, angry people, and those who don't like extra activities.

However, the majority even from the comments are ex-christians. The common excuse is they are not convinced about the existence of God. So, many of them will simply tell you that's why they became atheist. What they won't tell you is the disappointment they have felt.

Many have had experiences where they thought or expected God to do something but they got nothing. In anger, they left the religion because they saw no point to it. While another group fall in the category of those forced to go to church as kids on Sunday. They'd rather be at home watching a movie or with their PS4. Growing up gave them the opportunity to stay back at home.

They got used to it and so Sundays became like every other day and they forgot about church. Since they don't bother well it's as good as there's no point of religion. Then the last group which constitute the majority is school. Well that's where most people don't go to church, I never did in school. But you see when someone says there's no God, the other person well thinks it's cool and they sort of become atheists by association. So they hang around and argue the whole idea why Christians are nuts. It's a fun conversation, they flow with it and then bam, they are now confirmed atheists.

So that's about it.

Madam analyst...for your mind you've done well but it's all the same loads of rubbish without empirical evidence

7 Likes

Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by naija4life247: 5:01pm On Jun 29, 2022
I am a Muslim. I went to Catholic Primary school and did Bible Knowledge as a compulsory subject from primary-1 to JSS-3, nobody in my set got up to me in the Exams. But, I also went to Quranic schools. So, I have a fair knowledge of the two most popular religions in Nigeria. Today, I am married to a Christian. My kids are Christians. But, mind you, I too was baptized in primary-4 at at the Catholic Church, I was baptized immediate after High School at Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministry, Onike Yaba, I was also baptized at Winners Chapel when I wanted to wed a Winner. But, I am still a Muslim who also goes to the Church.

Christianity and Islam are not scam, only that Nigerians want God to do for them what they should do themselves. The difference between the two religions are the people who practice the religion. Christians are not as aggressive as Muslims when their religion is malign, but Muslims are more tolerant, that is why you see several Muslims who are married to Christians and still drive their wives to Church.

Overall, I go to the Muslim, and also go to the Church. If masquerades of my community come out, I still follow them for up to 3o kilometers round a section of the city.

If you think God does not exist, then you need psychiatric evaluation.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Maynman: 5:01pm On Jun 29, 2022
Eddygourdo:
The Bible may not be true to you, same with other holy books. however if you accept your fallibility as a human and the limit of human knowledge. then you will start believing again in an intelligent , all-knowing being. whether the religions of today describe him and what he wants, will be story for another day.

Why not believe in an intelligent all knowing “beings”?

And you already use “he” for it, how did you know? And he is kinda a male gender with your description
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by stephenponti(m): 5:01pm On Jun 29, 2022
sundaygray:

Level dey ooo. the problem is that you were seeking level the wrong way. you were seeking it from a dead end. Christ is alive. seek him in repentance and submission on your knees. Then seek him in fasting to reveal and fill you with Holy Spirit, my brother on that level u go begin see level.
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by aribisala0(m): 5:03pm On Jun 29, 2022
Maynman:

That’s agnostic.
I do not know book. The way people hold ideas in their head are infinite and cannot be captured with soundbites
or catchy words.
Mine is , no one is born with religion they have to be indoctrinated > So there are different kinds of failed indoctrination, incomplete indoctrination or reversed indoctrination.
I was talking about the mind and the mechanisms of it operations i.e. the capacity for fanaticism or absorbing indoctrination ideas
The idea might not be one that has anything to do with God at all e.g. Nazi anti-Semitism can be learnt and the underlying beliefs just as strong as religion by a similar token the antiSemite may change their view as a person indoctrinated into Islam may switch to Christianity or not believing.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by OkoAmarashy: 5:03pm On Jun 29, 2022
Maynman:

This is weak.

What has theism done in public hospitals?

Hope you know what “theism” is?

If you can't grasp what I'm driving at, maybe you should ask someone else to help you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Efolk: / 19 Manipulative Tactics Nigerian Pastors Use To Collect Money By Aroms Aigbehi / I Have NOTHING To Do With Panama Papers - TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.