Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. (24958 Views)

Halloween: Baby is Stuck With Spooky Eyebrows (Pics) / Men, You Must Take Care Of The Baby Even If DNA Confirms The baby Is Not Yours / My Baby Is Just 4 Months And My Wife Is Pregnant Again, I Want Abortion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Joshua62: 4:36pm On Jun 29, 2022
My Mum also used this steps for my son when he had jaundice around 2 weeks old, i was furious at first but it really really worked. I can attest to this.
shogotermies:

I was in ile-ife when my uncle's wife gave birth. When we got home, we realized he has jaundice. The solutions which grandma recommended, although she was a nurse but she used a combination of some home made solutions
1. You allow your baby get a glimpse of the morning sun, that one around 8 to 10am filled with VIT D, not the crazy sunrays in the afternoon oo
2. You get unripe papaya, you wash it well, you slice it with the bark, endocarp and seeds in it, and soak in water. The baby takes a teaspoon morning and night and the mom take a quarter cup of it daily.
3. To clear the yellow eyes, the mom would occasionally sprinkle her breast milk into his eyes.

I know these maybe dumb, but it was something I witnessed and it worked.
Please trying it is at your own risk and insult. But it works.

1 Like

Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by lereinter(m): 4:39pm On Jun 29, 2022
What happened to your US contract marriage?

But

For the baby sake you better seek for medical help, people can GoFund you
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Lordmech: 4:42pm On Jun 29, 2022
Please stay calm.. almost all children go thru jaundice..
My daughter went through the say process and I was nervous like you are now...
You dot need to be afraid...
There are 2 ways you can get rid of it.
1. Putting the child in the early morning sun for 1hour
2. Taking the child to thru something like light scan in the hospital. I dot know how to put it properly. But the doctor understand better

It all depends on the percentage of the jaundice on your baby. If the jaundice is less... The sun is ok. With days the child will be fyn... Dot panick
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by VaginaMiners: 4:43pm On Jun 29, 2022
Lamanii22:
it is what I have used before, I can sue you for the word "kill"... If it didn't work for me I would not have recommended it... Didn't even check your moniker, I can call the cops on you immediately for mining female vagina.....
See this clown grin grin
The cops would rather throw you in a dark cell and throw the keys away.
I'm not the one advising on how to kill an innocent baby grin
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Sexydevil(m): 4:46pm On Jun 29, 2022
Singlelover:
Good morning nairalanders.

my new baby is being affected by jaundice, and all home remedies i've tried didn't work.

i've gone to the hospital to see a doctor, he said i should be placing him under the early morning sun for about 15 minutes daily, but it's not working either.

please i need help on how to cure and get rid of it so my baby can feel better.

whatever suggestion you give will be useful and will go along way, thanks.

Please my baby needs help. Help me to frontpage so i can get help in treating my baby. Thanks

Pls take your baby to a good clinic whether private or federal hospital. The medical practitioners would take it up from there.
My baby was treated for jaundice also at the time of her birth. She's doing great 1 year after.
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by chimeremodlyn: 4:53pm On Jun 29, 2022
Singlelover:

my new baby is being affected by jaundice, and all home remedies i've tried didn't work.

i've gone to the hospital to see a doctor, he said i should be placing him under the early morning sun for about 15 minutes daily, but it's not working either.

Please my baby needs help. Help me to frontpage so i can get help in treating my baby. Thanks

pls dont joke with this as it could damage the brain cells of your baby. You shd either take him to LASUTH or Macey street childrens hospital in Lagos island. That was where i treated my boy. It almost destroyed his brain cells, but thank God today he is ok. At the same time, i witnessed those babies that the brain cells destroyed, they turn to imbeciles and so on. You will need to hurry as more waste of time damages the brain more. They will need to totally change his blood thru his chord immediately. My baby was just 2days old when this operation was done and he survived it. The hospital you went is a useless one. You can check the colour of your babys eyes, it will be very yellow also his skin. thats to tell you its serious. Wishing him quick recovery
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by felixawe(m): 4:53pm On Jun 29, 2022
Singlelover:

Jaundice is acute malaria or bilirubin. Get your child quinine drop & blood tonic or check those ladies selling herbs (Agbo) in the market they will mix for you.
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Lamanii22(f): 4:56pm On Jun 29, 2022
VaginaMiners:

See this clown grin grin
The cops would rather throw you in a dark cell and throw the keys away.
I'm not the one advising on how to kill an innocent baby grin
you're the clown here..... When you can't read to comprehend... Away from my mention quickly....
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Lacash: 4:57pm On Jun 29, 2022
Singlelover:

Go get some white onions, soak it inside a bucket with a cover. Leave it for about 2 to 3 days to ferment. Then start bathing the baby with it and be giving him/her some to drink too. You will thank me later.
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by chimeremodlyn: 5:04pm On Jun 29, 2022
Omotakins:
Your baby needs very urgent medical attention. If at three weeks, jaundice is not decreasing in percentage, it's a critical matter. Forget home remedies at this point. Look for money anyhow and anyway you can to treat your baby in the hospital if money is the constraint. There's a likelihood he will need blood transfusion and intense phototherapic procedure. I beg you, don't jeopardize your child's life and live with eternal regret. He will need lots of breastfeeding also. Take this from a father whose 3 children had jaundice at birth.
Thank you sir. but 3weeks seems a long time but im hoping for some miracle
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by dochenaj: 5:06pm On Jun 29, 2022
Singlelover:

How old is your baby? And when did the jaundice start?

I'll recommend you go to another hospital, your current doctor is still in the dark ages.

Evidence based medicine has shown that early morning sunlight has no or very insignificant effect on newborn jaundice.
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by TheGift: 5:07pm On Jun 29, 2022
Stop thinking about the costs and take your son to the a good hospital that will give Him care. Decide that if they don’t take your child you are not living there. Tell them you will pay but first let them start treating the child.

There will be no better advise you will get here than putting your child in the hands of professional care.
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by chimeremodlyn: 5:10pm On Jun 29, 2022
wunmi590:

It usually happen to first child, it happened to my daughter too...

What you need do is get an unripe pawpaw, cut it and soak in water and let her mother drink it every one hour and also give your baby too, she will also likely suck from her mother breast....

My daughter is 1.6month now and she's very clean....

That thing has no cure, if you go to the hospital, they will tell you your child would be placed under one machine like that, baba nah set up, is just waiting of money.....

Pls i did it for free in Macey street childrens hospital. Dont confuse the op. they only need to donate blood for exchange and get some drugs not avaolable in the hospital. Stop giving false information. Her childs life depends on that treatment and on God, so stop saying nonsense
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by sonofelizabeth(m): 5:10pm On Jun 29, 2022
thorpido:
If your child has jaundice,that child should be properly taken care of.
You should run a blood test to check the bilirubin level.Your child also might need phototherapy.
Jaundice is not something to joke with in a new born baby.It could damage the brain and give the child cerebral palsy.
How many days old is your baby?

Your child's bilirubin level must be checked ASAP. Make sure your child is hydrated. Constantly feed him with breastmilk or formula and water every 2 hours. This is very important. Phototherapy is only required if the bilirubin level is high. Follow these steps the level will steadily drop within 2-3 weeks. Your child will be fine.
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Annie001: 5:12pm On Jun 29, 2022
Singlelover:

I grew up with jaundice
The thing is there is no drug that worked for me.
I usually use Glucose and Sugarcane
And I am fine now
You can try it out
Lastly, you should avoid anything Milk
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Dosoq(f): 5:21pm On Jun 29, 2022
Pls,take your baby to the hospital for phototherapy.

My sons had it at birth.

It's a very dangerous ailment when not taken care of at early stage,it damages the brain and turn babies to imbeciles (down syndrome).
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by okewumi: 5:44pm On Jun 29, 2022
shogotermies:

I was in ile-ife when my uncle's wife gave birth. When we got home, we realized he has jaundice. The solutions which grandma recommended, although she was a nurse but she used a combination of some home made solutions
1. You allow your baby get a glimpse of the morning sun, that one around 8 to 10am filled with VIT D, not the crazy sunrays in the afternoon oo
2. You get unripe papaya, you wash it well, you slice it with the bark, endocarp and seeds in it, and soak in water. The baby takes a teaspoon morning and night and the mom take a quarter cup of it daily.
3. To clear the yellow eyes, the mom would occasionally sprinkle her breast milk into his eyes.

I know these maybe dumb, but it was something I witnessed and it worked.
Please trying it is at your own risk and insult. But it works.

That's is what my wife's mum used to do, l was angry but it works oo For all the children. Ñaso l gentle

1 Like

Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by holsconcept(m): 5:45pm On Jun 29, 2022
The way I treated it when it affected my son and daughter (twins).
Immediately after delivery, the mother and children were allowed to go home the second day but the nurses gave them antibiotics. I took them home administered the following as advised: cotton seed and bark of sweet orange. These two were boiled. The water from it was given to the children with Glucose to make it sweet. Twenty spoonful was given to them in d morning, at times, lesser than that. You know how they will waste some of it. The mother also took a cup of it 3 times daily so that the children would have to suck it from her breast. This wass done for about five days. I was not satisfied with the outcome because their eyes were still yellow but not like before. I took them to Gen Hospital. The doctor looked at the children, blamed the nurses for injecting them with antibiotics but advised us to check their Bilirubin level from Lab. We checked it and the level was not high. It was still below the level stated as high in the report. The doctor looked at it and asked us to go home that everything will become normal. We asked if phototherapy can be done. He said since its more than 4 days, we cannot do that. We went home and sometimes sat down in the early morning sun. Everything cleared bfor they were three weeks old.
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Deji4me: 5:49pm On Jun 29, 2022
Not scams. Please wasap me on 08034317511
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by prestige2013: 5:49pm On Jun 29, 2022
Singlelover:

1. After Hospital treatment, Slice abt 3 or 4 white onion soak it in Eva water n start giving d baby the next day.
2 baby spoon Morning n night, the mother should take as well.

2. Change from white light to Blue light.
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Freelane33(m): 5:50pm On Jun 29, 2022
The father needed to be wiped an oraimo cable . Carry the boy go meet iya alagbo , make them give am agbo iletutu
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by sephas: 6:01pm On Jun 29, 2022
I'm 100% sure of what I'm giving you if you will not say jak Robson
If you are you or not just ask for ewe iyeye from alagbo reaching it very well and boil it like 30-45 minutes and you start drinking both you are your baby so far he/she is still sulking breast
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by sonofyisa(m): 6:05pm On Jun 29, 2022
Singlelover:
for about two weeks now, but fast growing.
My brother please take your baby to the hospital. Some Jaundice can not be cured using early morning sun...if the level is very high they might need to bleed your child and place him/her on phototherapy to avoid brain damage.
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by SoapQueen(f): 6:18pm On Jun 29, 2022
Singlelover:

Oga, first. If you have any yellow colored bedsheet or cloth close to you baby, REMOVE THEM FAST. You might think it is a myth but it worsens jaundice terribly.

Please take it seriously.

Second, why is your baby not on admission? Children with jaundice are usually placed on drips and monitored round the clock. Take your baby to a hospital and insist that they should admit her.
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Deji4me: 6:25pm On Jun 29, 2022
Not scam. Just dial me 08034317511
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Kemrose: 6:26pm On Jun 29, 2022
Look for unripe pawpaw, cut it into pieces and soak it inside clean water for one day with the seed . Next morning give the baby 2ml morning, afternoon and night. Bath the baby with the water also and the mum should drink from it too so that the baby will suck it from the breast. Early morning sun too helps. Both are very effective
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by chimeremodlyn: 6:31pm On Jun 29, 2022
HazzanTazzan:

Lol... you’re talking based on your useless belief and I’m talking based on experience ...

You’d rather see the poor woman gets pushed around in the hospital for something as mere as jaundice ...

Mind you, I’m a biochemist with MSc in toxicology (in view)... so don’t think you know more than me when it comes to jaundice

Pls, there are two types of jaundice. the mild one that you can take d baby out in d sun and simple antibiotics to treat, while there are severe ones where the bilirubin level is very high and needs more medical attention. If not properly treated, can damage d brain of the baby and turn d baby to a vegetable. Just keep quiet if you dont know what to say than help the woman turn her child to an slowpoke. Its God that helped me escape it o. No be joke
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Trinitycoy(f): 6:38pm On Jun 29, 2022
Singlelover:

Let them run test on him for Bilirubin and Co.
Then be a certain with the result.
A good facility will start proper medication immediately
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Eaglesightfar: 6:55pm On Jun 29, 2022
This is the best cure for that. Expose the baby to morning sunlight, leave he or she there for an hour, do it for like a week and that will be history.
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Queenzzy: 6:56pm On Jun 29, 2022
Singlelover:

Op please get money and go to a good government hospital.

My baby had jaundice at birth and we didn't know on time. I'd gone to the hospital 5days after I gave birth and a good matron was able to diagnose it. My baby was even weak already at the time, and her skin & eyes were yellowish in color. Her bilirubin level was over 300 when tested. She is my first and I was a novice so they didn't blame me much for not knowing. An exchange blood transfusion and phototherapy was carried out immediately on her. We stayed for a week at the hospital and God came through at the end.

Pls go to the hospital at this point. I guess the sunrays would have been very effective 2-3days after birth.

I wish your baby quick recovery.

1 Like

Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by EvansU: 7:00pm On Jun 29, 2022
Get unripe pawpaw
Soak it in water use the water to bath the baby and also give the baby to drink (7days)

Sun the child for 1hour (7days) 15mins is too small.

Not forgetting a test should be carried her on the child to know the % of the jaundice.

Please follow my instructions and your child will be okay. Don’t be too worried. Everything is going to be alright.

Singlelover:

Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:16pm On Jun 29, 2022
Singlelover:

The biggest fear for jaundice is crossing into your child's brain and staining it. I could cause permanent mental retardation.

If low on cash, visit a good general hospital, and let them check the jaundice level. It might be a case of just re-assurance or it could require further intervention like light or transfusion.

All the best
PonziHater

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? / Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate / Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.