Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Sabificate Vs Certificate - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Sabificate Vs Certificate (19391 Views)

Shift Away From The CERTIFICATE! Drift Your Way To The SABIFICATE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 30, 2022
If u sabi, certi no suppose be issue nah
But u fit come get certi, make u no sabi o as per through backdoor

The sabiness dey key for me sha, I gats see u in action, know weda u understand wetin u tok sey u fit do...

very soon, people go dey order certificate from jumia but being sabified go dey glaring to the brain

2 Likes

Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:44pm On Jun 30, 2022
Oversabificate. grin
Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by ogub(m): 2:44pm On Jun 30, 2022
It is only in this country we put too much emphasis on paper, as much as I am not ruling out it's importance.
Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by PARADIZEPRIEST: 2:49pm On Jun 30, 2022
NA CERTIFICATE PAPER MENTALITY MAKE NAIJA COUNTRYNO MOVE FORWARD,THAT'S WHY PPL WEY GO UNIVERSITY THEM NO SABI ANYTHIN BUT COME OUT WITH CERTIFICATE DEY SPEAK NONSENSE ENGLISH FOR NYSC CAMP. undecided
AND FOR EMPLOYMENT INTERVIEW NKO,YOU GO WEEP FOR NAIJA GRADUATES,THEM NO SABI ANYTHIN THEY CLAIM TO HAVE STUDIED.
LET'S CHANGE THE PARADYM LET SERBITICATE COME BEFORE CERTIFICATE O! SO THAT ,THE BEST PSN WEY SABI CAN DO THE JOB WELL FOR SOCIETY TO BETAcheesy

2 Likes

Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by Kutunban: 2:51pm On Jun 30, 2022
donbachi:
Wisdom is the principal thing.but,in all your getting.get understanding.

Na who sabi,dem dey give certificate.

Not true in Nigeria.
Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by Elidrisy20: 2:59pm On Jun 30, 2022
Na Tinubu supposed to answer this question grin
Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by spill(m): 3:03pm On Jun 30, 2022
Since I started my company in 2018, I have never asked any of my employee for his or her certificate.

When you come for interview, I give you a task to do within a limited time, you get it right.....you are hired immediately.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by PrudencyFeats: 3:04pm On Jun 30, 2022
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. I noticed that, in Nigeria, most employers are more interested in ur Certificate and with less or no concern abt ur Sabificate. I once applied for a teaching job in a private school. During our discussion and interview, the proprietor made a remarkable statement. He said, We aren't interested in ur Certificate, we are only interested in ur Sabificate. I.e Ur ability or what u can do. He gave his reason(s) and instances for that. Now, to u, which of these two would u prefer as an employer? Sabificate or Certificate? Give ur reason(s).

Tinubu propagandist sighted.

We don see you, you will receive your 30k, its end of the month.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by Kenmatt(m): 3:05pm On Jun 30, 2022
Nigeria and her People are all interested in Certificate.

I could remember years back after my Secondary School, I went to a newly opened Private School to teach, the woman asked me, "were you not the one that wrote WAEC the other day"?

I boldly told her; Madam forget just that, I have the ability to expose to your Students not just to teach them on any of the subjects assigned to me, she asked me; "what are the subjects you think you can expose them on"? I answered confidently.

The woman said; "Sorry, we can't take you, we don't employ Secondary School leavers here as teachers". I left, but not disappointed, I muttered; Madam, you don't know what you have missed.

1 Like

Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by DAwest7: 3:06pm On Jun 30, 2022
PlayerMeji:
TO BE HONEST
Tinubu = SABIFICATE
The rest na CERTIFICATE
you mean Amoda yekini ogunlere?
Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by Brownshoe: 3:07pm On Jun 30, 2022
IyaTola:
Walking into the colorful, large auditorium within the main campus of the University of Lagos, my mind fluttered with memories of the last matriculation gathering I attended about 4 years ago, which symbolized a new beginning for me. Well, that day was another beginning, for in the journey of life, there really is no final destination!

I was ushered to my seat where I relaxed, readjusted my oversized gown and warmly greeted a few graduating folks. A couple of minutes later, I sensed a ruckus behind me which I turned my neck towards. Like bees around a honeycomb, graduants surrounded one person and tons of selfies were shot in a continuous fashion.

I looked closer and identified this "honey comb" to be Odunlade Adekola, a famed Yoruba actor, in the Nollywood industry!

He was obviously a graduate too, like us all, but the collosal degree of attention he received, from virtually every soul in that block, didn't just amaze me but inspired this category of the #EMyth series! Let me strike the matchstick with the point below.

I've come to the conclusion that the glory of the academic world is the Certificate but the glory of the real world is the Sabificate! In addition, life in the academic world is just for a while but life in the real world is for a lifetime. To crown it all, the academic world is nothing without the real world!

Now, it doesn't really matter if Odunlade's certificate boldly reads a 3rd Class. He already has the key to the hearts of countless people all due to his Sabificate! Even the Vice Chancellor of UNILAG gladly took a selfie with him, right there on stage!

Now, you're most likely muttering to yourself in pidgin English, "wetin dis bobo deh yarn about Sabificate?" Permit me to clearly define these two concepts, the way I've come to understand them.

Your Certificate is the measure of your excellence in giving back what you were given in school. And it is represented by a feathery paper. Do greatly in giving back what you were given and it'll read a First Class! Do poorly in giving back and it'll read a 3rd Class or a Pass!

Now, this system is inherently faulty for it reveals the original purpose of school, set centuries ago, which is now gone with the wind! A topic for another post in this series!

On the other hand, your Sabificate is the measure of your excellence in inducing comfort or happiness in people. And it is represented by the level of support of the people you've influenced, from your parents, siblings, friends, fans, customers, colleagues to even your boss!

Now, all the support and money, amid other resources, you'd love to enjoy always lie with the people. And hey! We are not robots but bundles of flesh, blood and a gamut of emotions! When you successfully make us feel good, we're literally yours and everybody wins!

This amazing, real-world journey begins with the lifelong development of your Sabificate!

To conclude, let me spill the beans. Your Sabificate is simply your ability to sell. And surprisingly, talking or telling is not selling. Even the well-known process of exchanging commodity for money is not selling! This topic, in and of itself, is vast so I'll reserve it for the closing parts of this series.

For now, my focus will be on the very foundation of our Sabificate, without which we will always misunderstand or misuse the art of selling.

This foundation is your Emotional Intelligence, which, interestingly, you were born with. However, like millions of others, you probably lost it on your way to adulthood due to the rigid influence of parents and the society at large.

In as much as I'd love to share the rest of my published thoughts here, time wouldn't permit.

Are you on Facebook? Some posts of the #EMythSeries have already been laid bare Over there, I shared -

*The powerful but largely neglected role, mothers play in the development of Emotional Intelligence in infants. Within this phenomenon, lies insight to rebuild it in adulthood.

*The basic components of Emotional Intelligence and exactly why it's the ONLY key to not just personal happiness but to win the hearts and minds of people.

*The seemingly harmless but inherently destructive tactic that parents have been using on their children, transgenerationally. A tactic that ruins Emotional Intelligence; the key to our Sabificate!

*Why "foolishness" is a quality, everyone ought to cultivate in adulthood. That quality is ultimately the key to our survival and happiness on Earth.

*Why societal corruption is one of the most misunderstood concepts in human history. It's really more than what you may think it is!

*Why talking or telling is not selling. In fact, the more you do it, the more you lose the support or patronage of people.

*And MORE....

Are you ready? Kindly walk with me to my timeline >>

This post was inspired by the 4th Myth of Entrepreneurship - School Education Is The Best Legacy!

All About Me & The Value I Have For You
if you can write for my Amazon book, let me know.

5 Likes

Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by DLuciano: 3:08pm On Jun 30, 2022
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. I noticed that, in Nigeria, most employers are more interested in ur Certificate and with less or no concern abt ur Sabificate. I once applied for a teaching job in a private school. During our discussion and interview, the proprietor made a remarkable statement. He said, We aren't interested in ur Certificate, we are only interested in ur Sabificate. I.e Ur ability or what u can do. He gave his reason(s) and instances for that. Now, to u, which of these two would u prefer as an employer? Sabificate or Certificate? Give ur reason(s).

Sabificate + Certificate = credible qualification. If you have sabificate, begin to pursue certificate to qualify your sabificate, similarly, if you have certificate do your best to have sabificate to qualify your certificate. If you have possession of the two, then you are the delight of any organisation and will grow fast in your organisation. Sabificate minus Certificate (S-C) = stunted growth. Certificate-Sabificate=snail growth. But S+C = Growth raise to power 2.

2 Likes

Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by meeketta: 3:19pm On Jun 30, 2022
In Nigeria, we celebrate certificate but in develop nations their celebrate innovations, discoveries, inventions and sabificate.
~BISHOP DAVID OYEDEPO~

1 Like

Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by Amalekki: 3:20pm On Jun 30, 2022
DLuciano:

Sabificate + Certificate = credible qualification. If you have sabificate, begin to pursue certificate to qualify your sabificate, similarly, if you have certificate do your best to have sabificate to qualify your certificate. If you have possession of the two, then you are the delight of any organisation and will grow fast in your organisation. Sabificate minus Certificate (S-C) = stunted growth. Certificate-Sabificate=snail growth. But S+C = Growth raise to power 2.
Apt! One without the other na real headache you go just dey get unless you are very lucky and have good network (the one we call 'who you know').

3 Likes

Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by Cutehector(m): 3:20pm On Jun 30, 2022
If i know how to pilot an airplane or do serveral surgeries without a licensed certificate, i hope you lots will not judge.

Wether you like it or not, you need to be certified in whatever you do!

4 Likes

Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by Fiscus105(m): 3:21pm On Jun 30, 2022
Truvelisback:

It's reason university education becomes worthless, go to government institutions and see officers with various degrees.

They present certificates with nothing inside skulls.

Atimes, I dnt blame *competency test that Elrufai normally conducted for teachers in Kaduna state.

1 Like

Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by Amalekki: 3:21pm On Jun 30, 2022
Cutehector:
If i know how to pilot an airplane without a licensed certificate, i hope you lots will not judge.

Another good point. Any smart person should know that you must get both as that's what brings the real value in both.

4 Likes

Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by Cutehector(m): 3:22pm On Jun 30, 2022
Amalekki:

Another good point. Any smart person should know that you must get both as that's what brings the real value in both.
yes.
Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by Fiscus105(m): 3:28pm On Jun 30, 2022
wolesmile:
Truth be told.... What do they teach in schools? You realize when you get to the labour market that, except for some professional fields of study, the certificate is just for prestige. What you need to do the job is experience.
I had BSc Geography, and I've been in the banking industry for like 15 years. Oya, where my certificate come for here?

If you really worth the certificate they awarded for you, it would help you greatly to do ur work with no or minimum supervision and higher productivity.

If you dnt worth it, u won't be able to think outside box, always relying on others to carry out responsibility
Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by Fiscus105(m): 3:33pm On Jun 30, 2022
PARADIZEPRIEST:
NA CERTIFICATE PAPER MENTALITY MAKE NAIJA COUNTRYNO MOVE FORWARD,THAT'S WHY PPL WEY GO UNIVERSITY THEM NO SABI ANYTHIN BUT COME OUT WITH CERTIFICATE DEY SPEAK NONSENSE ENGLISH FOR NYSC CAMP. undecided
AND FOR EMPLOYMENT INTERVIEW NKO,YOU GO WEEP FOR NAIJA GRADUATES,THEM NO SABI ANYTHIN THEY CLAIM TO HAVE STUDIED.
LET'S CHANGE THE PARADYM LET SERBITICATE COME BEFORE CERTIFICATE O! SO THAT ,THE BEST PSN WEY SABI CAN DO THE JOB WELL FOR SOCIETY TO BETAcheesy

Even in universities, citadels of learning, go there and see PhD and masters degrees holders, struggling to impact knowledge on students, angry if students ever attempt to ask questions and do gragra on issues of attendance.

1 Like

Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by Nghada(m): 3:33pm On Jun 30, 2022
Normally, na who sabi them suppose give certificate. But in my country na opposite be the case. There is a limit /places where certificates can speak for u. But u see Sabificate, it's life time support
Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by 1TripleC: 3:42pm On Jun 30, 2022
Truvelisback:
BOTH

2 Likes

Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by IfnobeGod20: 3:49pm On Jun 30, 2022
In a normal clime, it is what you know that gives you certificate but in Nigeria, it is whom you know or your money or your body that gives you certificate.
That is why today in Nigeria, you see quacks this, quacks that, everywhere quacks.
Meanwhile, it is what you learn you know. What you don't learn, you become ignorant of it. Meaning it is what you know you're certificated with. But in Nigeria since it has becomes norm to cut corners, the importance of certificate had become strange and worthless.
You can't say you're a doctor or lawyer or nurse or pilot without been certified. No matter how proficient you may be, you're already quack. Certification is what shows you sabificate.

1 Like

Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by Truvelisback(m): 3:52pm On Jun 30, 2022
PrudencyFeats:

Tinubu propagandist sighted.

We don see you, you will receive your 30k, its end of the month.
I'm not. grin
Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by Truvelisback(m): 4:04pm On Jun 30, 2022
Cutehector:
If i know how to pilot an airplane or do serveral surgeries without a licensed certificate, i hope you lots will not judge.

If u meet a person who has Certificate but can't function as u expected and u meet a person who has Sabificate and is functioning well, who would u prefer to work for u?
Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by Truvelisback(m): 4:12pm On Jun 30, 2022
wolesmile:
Truth be told.... What do they teach in schools? You realize when you get to the labour market that, except for some professional fields of study, the certificate is just for prestige. What you need to do the job is experience.
I had BSc Geography, and I've been in the banking industry for like 15 years. Oya, where my certificate come for here?
Wow!

Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by Truvelisback(m): 4:31pm On Jun 30, 2022
spill:
Since I started my company in 2018, I have never asked any of my employee for his or her certificate.

When you come for interview, I give you as task to do within a limited time, you get it right.....you are hired immediately.
Make i burst ur Bubble. I once worked as a teacher in a Catholic school. The proprietress(a nun) is an educate woman and a graduate too. From my few years of working with her, i noticed that she doesn't pay u based on ur qualification but on how hardworking u are. I applied as a school Cert then but was earning higher than some of the Corpers who came to serve in the school. Do u know why? Hardwork, seriousness, punctuality, co-operation and obedience. She(the proprietress) usually put these things in consideration b4 increasing ur Salary.

1 Like

Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by IfnobeGod20: 4:46pm On Jun 30, 2022
Truvelisback:
If u meet a person who has Certificate but can't function as u expected and u meet a person who has Sabificate and is functioning well, who would u prefer to work for u?
What of if you meet someone that has certificate and can function very well?
Normally, certification means you've been groomed and you know what you're groomed in. In a normal clime what you sabicate is what you're certified with. Our system had made us to see certification as nothing, because junk number of people cannot defend the certificate they carry.
What you learn is what you know and what you know is what you're certificated with.

2 Likes

Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by Cutehector(m): 4:59pm On Jun 30, 2022
Truvelisback:
a person who is certified and sabified! Standards have to be met please.

2 Likes

Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by Connected1: 5:00pm On Jun 30, 2022
Certificate is just a piece of paper jare.

As a Student and a Worker I can boldy tell you that.

Sabificate is what grows a Nation not Certificate, I know too many Lecturers and Professors who don't know a thing on impacting knowledge, even certified engineers who run away from tasking jobs and leave them for the so called uncertified but you see those people with the knowledge, forget abeg they will make anywhere flourish if being appreciated, That's why those First World Countries are where they are today.

If I am to employ workers tomorrow, once you can speak English and know what you are being employed for, I will employ ASAP, Speaking English is the basic reason for going to school, I can't employ you just because you went to Massachusetts Institute of Technology or University of London. There are so many people with quality certificates, all it takes is GIGO to the Lecturers and you will pass with flying colours.

But you see acquiring knowledge, it takes hardwork and fast learning to get.

1 Like

Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by coputa(m): 5:25pm On Jun 30, 2022
wolesmile:
Education builds your mendula oblogata,(brain) for you to be able to reason rationally,that's why you were able to function in that industry.
Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by IfnobeGod20: 5:41pm On Jun 30, 2022
wolesmile:
And you think without your B.sc Geography, you will be employed into that banking job? Mr. Man, your certificate earned you that job and because of the education you have, which had broadened your horizon and help you to think beyond Geography you studied, makes the difference.
If you've not had that certificate, by now you will probably be opening gates for customers in that your bank or be a messenger.
Your education is what makes the difference. That some people cannot defend their certificates does not mean education is worthless as you people want us to believe.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shell Recruitment Day 2011 / I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials / MTN TEST ( Sales Representative)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.