Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Sabificate Vs Certificate - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Sabificate Vs Certificate (19365 Views)

Shift Away From The CERTIFICATE! Drift Your Way To The SABIFICATE! (2) (3) (4)

Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by philosophie: 5:46pm On Jun 30, 2022
Value
Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by Neroiam(m): 6:01pm On Jun 30, 2022
Truvelisback:
Shey na everybody wey get Certificate nai Sabi?

He never see roadside mechanic wey good pass first class Mech.Eng grad.. na why

Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by Neroiam(m): 6:02pm On Jun 30, 2022
donbachi:
its awarded for test of knowledge.

Knowledge different from Sabi ..in a way
Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by Truvelisback(m): 6:02pm On Jun 30, 2022
Amalekki:

Apt! One without the other na real headache you go just dey get unless you are very lucky and have good network (the one we call 'who you know').
I know a lecturer who told us in one of his classes that when he applied to be a lecturer in LASPOTECH, they refused to employ him because he was an HND holder. They wanted someone with higher qualification. Not until one of the lecturers in the school who knew him well testified on his behalf of his ability. So, they interview and tested him, lo and behold, he passed and did well. Now, he is lecturing in LASPOTECH.

Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by Itzurboi(m): 6:05pm On Jun 30, 2022
Ancecoker:
May God help us all o... This Nigeria no even understand body again...

Before na people dey face problems.. but These days na problem dey face people...

It is well
So funny.
Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by Sleekfingers: 6:08pm On Jun 30, 2022
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. I noticed that, in Nigeria, most employers are more interested in ur Certificate and with less or no concern abt ur Sabificate. I once applied for a teaching job in a private school. During our discussion and interview, the proprietor made a remarkable statement. He said, We aren't interested in ur Certificate, we are only interested in ur Sabificate. I.e Ur ability or what u can do. He gave his reason(s) and instances for that. Now, to u, which of these two would u prefer as an employer? Sabificate or Certificate? Give ur reason(s).

Over 70% of nigerian graduates cannot defend their certificates or simply unemployable.......dem just dey carry certificates up and down........

Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by kioski: 6:21pm On Jun 30, 2022
donbachi:
Wisdom is the principal thing.but,in all your getting.get understanding.

Na who sabi,dem dey give certificate.
While this is true and correct by all standards, our Nigerian "Oluwole" has not helped matters because employers and concerned organizations keep asking for Certificates without competency assurance.
Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by Boyooosa(m): 6:21pm On Jun 30, 2022
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. I noticed that, in Nigeria, most employers are more interested in ur Certificate and with less or no concern abt ur Sabificate. I once applied for a teaching job in a private school. During our discussion and interview, the proprietor made a remarkable statement. He said, We aren't interested in ur Certificate, we are only interested in ur Sabificate. I.e Ur ability or what u can do. He gave his reason(s) and instances for that. Now, to u, which of these two would u prefer as an employer? Sabificate or Certificate? Give ur reason(s).

Both ofcourse
Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by DarkandHandsome(m): 6:24pm On Jun 30, 2022
I work in a telecom firm on the island. Just recently I was in my MD's office and I could remember how I was telling him I have my CCNA and all(we were having random discussion tho). He told me I don't really need all those that he wants me to be able to get the job done.... That was when I knew that most people that have the certificate really needs hands-on-experience to get things done and not just your certificate/certifications.... Some people even with their certificate/certifications can't configure things on a live switch/router. Even to crimp Ethernet cables they can't.

Don't rely on your certificate in today's Nigeria

Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by Pastorsmile: 6:37pm On Jun 30, 2022
When sabificate meets certificate

Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by Blessed4sure: 7:42pm On Jun 30, 2022
Summarily: If I'm a recruiter, I'll consider:

Basic Qualifications + "Sabificate". (Competency-based selection.)

The mix will then depend on:
- nature of the role
- etc

While "Sabificate" is the competency to get the job done, basic qualifications are also very important.

Technical Knowledge isn't enough for a career, you need a vast array of skills, experiences, behaviours, qualities, etc , which proper education (Basic qualifications) is expected to have imparted.

That is why roles have minimum requirements. Possessing much higher certificates will not then necessarily be to an advantage.

Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by pafestula(m): 9:20pm On Jun 30, 2022
wolesmile:
Truth be told.... What do they teach in schools? You realize when you get to the labour market that, except for some professional fields of study, the certificate is just for prestige. What you need to do the job is experience.
I had BSc Geography, and I've been in the banking industry for like 15 years. Oya, where my certificate come for here?

NPFMFB
Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by Gentlesoul2021(m): 9:19am On Jul 01, 2022
talk2hb1:
I didn't go get my certificate until after 10yeears of my graduation, why because I never needed it.
I am a software developer, the industry actually is interested in your portfolio and skills than your certificate self. I never had the opportunity to even go computer school self, so I am self taught.
Please don't get me wrong abeg, still get the certificate Ooo, it has its application where required and you should be prepared.

Knowledge overflow in you bro…. As far as sabificate is important so does as certificate….
Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by Gentlesoul2021(m): 9:21am On Jul 01, 2022
wolesmile:
Truth be told.... What do they teach in schools? You realize when you get to the labour market that, except for some professional fields of study, the certificate is just for prestige. What you need to do the job is experience.
I had BSc Geography, and I've been in the banking industry for like 15 years. Oya, where my certificate come for here?

To my little knowledge, your certificate get you the job while u learn on the job.
Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by Gentlesoul2021(m): 9:32am On Jul 01, 2022
Cutehector:
If i know how to pilot an airplane or do serveral surgeries without a licensed certificate, i hope you lots will not judge.

Wether you like it or not, you need to be certified in whatever you do!

I seconded this…
Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by Chopcy29: 10:00am On Jul 01, 2022
Truvelisback:

I think I will be going for sabinus
Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by IyaTola: 1:01pm On Jul 01, 2022
Brownshoe:
if you can write for my Amazon book, let me know.
How much are you willing to pay?
Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by IyaTola: 1:03pm On Jul 01, 2022
DarkandHandsome:
I work in a telecom firm on the island. Just recently I was in my MD's office and I could remember how I was telling him I have my CCNA and all(we were having random discussion tho). He told me I don't really need all those that he wants me to be able to get the job done.... That was when I knew that most people that have the certificate really needs hands-on-experience to get things done and not just your certificate/certifications.... Some people even with their certificate/certifications can't configure things on a live switch/router. Even to crimp Ethernet cables they can't.

Don't rely on your certificate in today's Nigeria
The reason most people go for experience hire
Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by IyaTola: 1:08pm On Jul 01, 2022
Truvelisback:
I know a lecturer who told us in one of his classes that when he applied to be a lecturer in LASPOTECH, they refused to employ him because he was an HND holder. They wanted someone with higher qualification. Not until one of the lecturers in the school who knew him well testified on his behalf of his ability. So, they interview and tested him, lo and behold, he passed and did well. Now, he is lecturing in LASPOTECH.
Sabificate at play here
Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by Brownshoe: 1:19pm On Jul 01, 2022
IyaTola:
How much are you willing to pay?
how much u can collect for short stories.
Re: Sabificate Vs Certificate by Lingudy(m): 11:28pm On Jul 12, 2023
In Nigeria, Sabificate

BUA Cement Graduate Engineer Trainee/ Trainee Operator / See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria / Did You Receive A Mail From DCSL/ICPC Recruitment?