Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,750 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

Lagos In 1960 - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos In 1960 (49157 Views)

This Was Lagos In 1963. Everybody Get Sense. / Omu Resort Lagos In Pictures (Video) / The Manual “traffic Light” That Was Used In Lagos In The 1940s (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos In 1960 by pacespot(m): 2:33am On Jun 30, 2022
All you "Tinubu built Lagos". Come and see Lagos o even before Yekini Amoda Ogunlere alias Bobo Chicago found its way to Lagos from his Iragbiji enclave in Osun State.

1 Like

Re: Lagos In 1960 by pacespot(m): 3:09am On Jun 30, 2022
Oyinbo don dey build and organize modern and fascinating society for centuries even before Africans found their ways out of their jungle enclave. Now I reason why some Black South Africans are clamouring for apartheid to return to the country to allow White people take back power from the Blacks. Going by today's records of African leaders, I will say we shouldn't have allowed White men to leave African countries in the name of fighting for independence from the colonial government. Instead, Africans should have gradually assumed control of power while learning the Western democracy and the right mentality which enable White men to build and organize a modern society successfully. For instance in America today, you can see African Americans as members of Senate, Congress, a supreme court judge, governor and even the president, but America is still a White man controlled country. Which is why I can place my bet on African Americans today that they will do a better job at building a country of their own if they are separated from the Whites than Africans in Africa, because African-Americans have been living side by side with Whites for centuries, their own mentality at running a modern and civilized society is closer to that of a White man than African.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos In 1960 by Milotus(m): 3:13am On Jun 30, 2022
vhykeeytor:
Lets Throw it back to Lagos State in 1960... look at the serene enviroment.

source: facebook.com/Blackstone Throwback Naija

So which Lagos Tinubu build?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos In 1960 by Alpharey: 3:18am On Jun 30, 2022
KingofAnambra:
Mushin before Igbos came

It's like you will take this hatred to the grave.. chaaiii

1 Like

Re: Lagos In 1960 by Henryokey1(m): 3:30am On Jun 30, 2022
Onitsha, Anambra state 27-6-2022

1 Like

Re: Lagos In 1960 by Mandate2023: 4:08am On Jun 30, 2022
vickydevoka:

Lol. Igbos are wicked. They are the cause of Yoruba dirtiness

No dey brought the dirtiness
Re: Lagos In 1960 by DAwest7: 4:28am On Jun 30, 2022
Fira09:
Very beautiful. grin grin

Anyway traffic and agberos has made the Lagos stressful.
you mean Amoda yekini ogunlere AKA grandpa Tilumbu boys?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos In 1960 by ofiko123(m): 4:41am On Jun 30, 2022
Lord have mercy o..
Re: Lagos In 1960 by anonimi: 4:46am On Jun 30, 2022
Zonefree:

Then why's Tinubu claiming he developed Lagos?

Is that not what thieves and druggies do- claim what they never worked for

2 Likes

Re: Lagos In 1960 by anonimi: 4:48am On Jun 30, 2022
Moh247:
cool
Let's see Anambra in 1960.

You should have shown Enugu in 1960 as a smart Omoluabi that you can be. Not so

1 Like

Re: Lagos In 1960 by anonimi: 4:49am On Jun 30, 2022
Zonefree:

After the war in 1970, Anambra/Onitsha was in rubbles. Go and check the State now...it's paradise on earth. Serene environment, no brown roofs...

Brown roofs are a sign of civilisation from way back. Why undervalue what you lack

1 Like

Re: Lagos In 1960 by anonimi: 4:51am On Jun 30, 2022
KingofAnambra:
Mushin before Igbos came

Before they came and worked to increase the IGR stolen by ThiefNuibu with impunity instead of employing teachers to make everyone attend primary and secondary schools free, and avoid being useless agberos like MC Oluomo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos In 1960 by MissLeslie(m): 4:54am On Jun 30, 2022
Fira09:
Very beautiful. grin grin

Anyway traffic and agberos has made the Lagos stressful.

Hmmm
Re: Lagos In 1960 by owiko(m): 5:15am On Jun 30, 2022
rickleye:

Who's the father ?
The holy spirit, the giver of all good things..
Re: Lagos In 1960 by RolexOfGeneva(m): 5:17am On Jun 30, 2022
YorubarLord:
Before these flatheadss brought their dirtyness to Lagos it was clean and organized. Mehn they dirty as fvck
Everyone knows the dirtiest tribe in Nigeria already. No competition.
Re: Lagos In 1960 by okoroemeka(m): 5:23am On Jun 30, 2022
PaedophileProph:
As of 1862 Lagos declared British colony ,
10 years later is became cosmopolitan city with over 60,000 person and bubbling commercial activity in Africa.

Road networks , hospitals , Railways, Schools , electricity etc start appearing subsequently .

Lagos had gone to become one of the fastest developing cities in the world by 1900 ,
This was when Tinubu's mother was still being babysited .
It's rather amusing when people put up argument to market their choice candidate , Tinubu as the brain that built Lagos , grin

Mr Tinubu, who isn't from Lagos isn't the first nor 50th ruler of Lagos , and if all the predecessors did what Tinubu did to Lagos , am certain nothing would be left for him to sap .
How can a man after governing and making all his moneys from a state , still can't let go of that state from his exploitative claws like his predecessors.

Instead of a man Paying Tax to the Government, He rather create a Company (Alphabeta) that collects the state's Tax , collects his Share and then remit the leftover to the state coffers ?

How did Tinubu become so rich by just heading same position , Marwa, Jakande, Fashola , Ambode and Sonwolu held in Lagos State ?
I mean, why would Bullion van not convey cash to his residence when He, Tinubu inaugurated a $2B construction of Lagos Blue light railway of 23km( mile2 to CMS) in 2003 by same Chinese company that built Heavy cargo railway of 750km from Ethiopia to Djibouti 2 years after at the cost of $1.8B ?
I have listened to a careful analysis of that monorail contract by Mr babajide on channels news,this type of corruption is decadent,anti people,wicked and callous,tinubu and atiku are a clear and present danger to the well being of people and republic of nigeria
Re: Lagos In 1960 by grammarian247(m): 5:25am On Jun 30, 2022
vhykeeytor:
Lets Throw it back to Lagos State in 1960... look at the serene enviroment.

source: facebook.com/Blackstone Throwback Naija

This is the same Lagos one former governor is claiming he alone developed.

You can get your expected IELTS band score at a sitting; you only need to ring me up: 08038999587.
Re: Lagos In 1960 by Nobody: 5:33am On Jun 30, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Let's see Anambra in 1960

It is still clean and beautiful show me any filth here.
Re: Lagos In 1960 by Nobody: 5:35am On Jun 30, 2022
KingofAnambra:
Mushin before Igbos came

Do igbos reside in Mushin? Oga do not be stupid here
Re: Lagos In 1960 by Nobody: 5:36am On Jun 30, 2022
KingofAnambra:
Mushin after Igbos came.

Mushin is the centre of agberos after Oshodi and it is predominantly Yoruba so stop being stupid and mischievous.
Re: Lagos In 1960 by Nobody: 5:50am On Jun 30, 2022
CoolAmbience:

Oga, I am from Anambra.

There is nothing spectacular there abeg.

Find another thing talk.

Liar you are obviously not from Anambra
Re: Lagos In 1960 by Nobody: 5:52am On Jun 30, 2022
Alexis11:

Nothing special in Anambra... Most parts are slums with red mud everywhere.

Even Peter Obi failed them but they are just overhyping him because of "emilokan" spirit.

What do you gain from spreading lies here. Anambra after the war is it the same as now?
Re: Lagos In 1960 by Nobody: 5:53am On Jun 30, 2022
ThatFairGuy1:
Why then are your people Hawking gala and sachet water in Southwest, leaving behind Alaigbo the heaven on Earth.

Joker

I think you should be more worried about the large influx of northerners from BH ravaged states and foreigners from Mali, Chad and Niger.
Re: Lagos In 1960 by heysquare(m): 6:00am On Jun 30, 2022
Zonefree:

Then why's Tinubu claiming he developed Lagos?
Did you see how Lagos was when Tinubu elected as governor? Tinubu was the one rebuilt Lagos when he was governor many streets island including Tinubu's square were redesigned

1 Like

Re: Lagos In 1960 by Nobody: 6:02am On Jun 30, 2022
saintrow1:
Lagos state before the refugees from the east showed up. Ever since they have refused to leave Yorubaland. They see Lagos as Europe.

BAT 2023

Do you realise in the 60s igbos have been in Lagos. They were in all the federal parastatals in Lagos as before independence the British put them there because of their efficiency. So have small sense when you make unfounded allegations most igbos had houses in Lagos in the late 40s, 50s and 60s. My grand father had houses in Obalende in the 50s. Lagos was a capital of Nigeria for up to 80 years plus started initially with Lagos Island after the war the development spread to areas that used to be part of Western region but were lumped into Lagos when Gowon created states and started the federal system which we know of today(not Ironsi). So in all honesty Igbos are not your problem they have always been stakeholders in Lagos and will always be due to the cosmopolitan nature of Lagos. Even after Tinubu dies Igbos will still be stakeholders and there is nothing you can do about it. I also noticed that the real indigenes of Lagos are not tribalistic urchins at all, the ones throwing all these insults like the one you just made are actually not Lagosians they come through the lies that since Lagos is part of Yoruba land then all Yorubas are Lagosian thereby denying the real Lagosians the right to enjoy their state rendering them second class citizens in their state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos In 1960 by Richcreed(m): 6:05am On Jun 30, 2022
you posted 3 pictures of a street plus a bridge and called it lagos in 1960! meanwhile that was not lagos state as we have today,that was lagos island then. that was lagos before every tom and harry from all over the country started trooping in to make a living from it. most of them without any skill, education or any means of contributing positively to the state rather than to make a living by any means. that was what brought the dirty lagos we have today.
just wondering if most people in lagos today stayed back in their respective region and states and try to survive there,

1 Like

Re: Lagos In 1960 by Basher8583: 6:16am On Jun 30, 2022
IbileIfe:

The dirtiest people in Lagos are Yorubas.
Next are the Hausas.

Well then if thats the case why is Lagos with the dirtiest people attracting PIGS like you.

Dem swear for all of una from that region. There's nothing in your worthless region and you all know that and thats why you abandon ship like shameless people and perch in other regions.

You all lack self respect and thats why none of you can be taken serious as a presidential contestant because you dont have a collective and serious Identity.
Re: Lagos In 1960 by ebonytarki(m): 6:19am On Jun 30, 2022
When there was sanity
Re: Lagos In 1960 by ThatFairGuy1: 6:27am On Jun 30, 2022
I responded ACCORDINGLY.

We're not talking about northerners here
obynzo:

I think you should be more worried about the large influx of northerners from BH ravaged states and foreigners from Mali, Chad and Niger.
Re: Lagos In 1960 by thatigboman1: 6:36am On Jun 30, 2022
wwwtortoise:
angry

Carefully selected posh areas to rig minds into believing lagos has serene ecology abi.

Please show us pictures of Ikotun, agege, Orile,
Ikorodu . . . in the 60’s too.
those areas were not part of lagos city in the 60s.
Re: Lagos In 1960 by Nobody: 6:44am On Jun 30, 2022
ThatFairGuy1:
I responded ACCORDINGLY.

We're not talking about northerners here

you didn't. I challenge you to furnish stats of igbos trooping to Lagos in the last 10years you will see the number has greatly reduced.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria / Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... / Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.